Our Lady of the Lake University

Our Lady of the Lake University Employer Reviews

Wonderful!
Adjunct Lecturer I (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 4, 2014
The short time I spent at OLLU as a faculty member was wonderful. My faculty supervisor taught me things that I had never known and was very supportive.
productive and fun work place
ITS help desk Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 16, 2014
Pros: getting the job done and having fun
Cons: only work during the school year
I loved working here because not only was the day productive we also had fun doing our job. Things might have got a little busy but I always kept calm and worked until the job was done. We knew when there was a time to be serious and a time to let lose in an appropriate manor.
Okay
Coaches Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 13, 2014
It was an okay job. I had fun with the athletes and learning coaching tips but, I won't say anymore or any less.
Good, easy job
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 2, 2014
Pros: money as a graduate student
Cons: need to know how to balance everything in addition to school
I run an observation lab for undergraduates. It's a great way to make some money on the side as a graduate student.
The best first job anyone could have.
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: my co-workers, my boss, the hours were great too, it was close to both home and school
Cons: the only con, which isn't really even one was the time i'd get a weekend and have to go in super early
I loved working there. I've heard many people say how much they hated their first jobs but I'm happy to say that I didn't. Working there was one of the best times of my life. It also didn't hurt that it was at the school that I was attending. If I needed a certain day off all I had to do was ask one of the other girls if they would switch with me. My – more... boss was the sweetest person you could ever ask for. I didn't ever want to make any sort of mistake if it meant upsetting someone there. My co-workers were wonderful and end up becoming close friends of mine. – less
Our Lady of the Lake University is fine place to work for.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Finance Dept.January 22, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: long hours of sitting down
Working at Our Lady of the Lake as a work study opened my eyes to what the real world was going to be like. In the workplace I learned many aspects of accounting that have given me the experience that I have now. My managers and co-workers were phenomenal. Not only did my managers showed me how to execute the job but the motivated me to keep going and – more... fulfill my education. My co-workers were also a big help in the workplace because someone was always there to assist me in any big task. Although sometimes the job was tough I always enjoyed the OLLU atmosphere. – less
Great work and Life balance
Employee (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 1, 2014
Great place all around people are very friendly...............................................................................
Fun and productive environment!
Telemarketer (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 27, 2013
Pros: free snacks and drinks
Cons: no healthcare for my position
Everyone is very welcoming and nice and work well together as well. Our manager is always very optimistic and very good at motivating us when the going gets tough. On an average day, we will make anywhere between 100-160 calls and patience and tenacity are helpful.
Technician I (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 17, 2013
Had various duties but management was understanding because it was a work-study position.
small work environment
Accts Receivable/cashier (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 5, 2013
Pros: your child can go to school here free tuition
Cons: must work saturdays on occasion
workers were nice
only work there a month so I don't know much about culture
free drinks in cafeteria
Growth Opportunity
Assistant Director / Academic Advisor (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 24, 2013
Pros: interactions with students, faculty, and co-workers
Cons: campus closed
A pleasure to help aspiring college students discover and realize their potential.
Work Study program
General Office Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 13, 2013
Pros: fun, great environment
Cons: terrible pay in the work-study program
I loved working at OLLU. I was in the work-study program so my pay was terrible, but it was a little spending money plus it gave me the opportunity to learn receptionist skills and make a small network with professors. It was an easy job that was really fun. My supervisors were the best and trusted us with very confidential information and time sensitive – more... projects that would affect the entire school if not done on time or correctly.

I can't help but wonder how things would be if I were to be hired again, but not through the work-study program. – less
Productive and Academically Enforcing Work Environment
Graduate Admission Processor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 16, 2012
Pros: free staff drinks and various random food amentities
Cons: cramped work areas at times
Overall, I enjoyed my employment with Our Lady of the Lake University. I appreciated my position at the frontier of the education and admission process. Aside form being a student at OLLU, being apart of the admission process made me feel as though I was helping students achieve their own academic goals and dreams. I would definitely not be against – more... working for Our Lady of the Lake in the future! – less
Fun and laid back
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 25, 2012
A typical day consisted of welcoming customers into the store and walking them to their seats. The management was great! very easy to communicate with and fun to talk to.
Review
Professor of Biology 1400 (Former Employee), Lone Star North Harris CampusAugust 9, 2012
Pros: good experience
Cons: teaching aged population is not easy.
A typical day was fun teaching Biology 1400.
My class was more of students between 35 to 45 years who left school so long ago that they had almost forgotten about going back to study.
Management was fine but arrangements to get the classroom and laboratory ready was not perfect.
My co-workers were nice and very co-operative and helpful.
The job was – more... not hard since I knew my subjects very well.
The most enjoyable part of the job was lectures. – less
Great learning experience for students
Student Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 22, 2011
I took advantage of the free training and teaching offered by the senior technicians at Our Lady of the Lake University which made me very appreciative of everyone working there.