Our Lady of the Lake University Employee Reviews

nice clean environment to work wih
Support Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 29, 2016
worked with computer science professors who would guide the work studies in daily tasks. very helpful and informative. although i was a work study i got a lot out of the job.
Great
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 21, 2016
Great place and environment to position yourself in. Young business individuals would love the environment and the opportunity Our Lady of the Lake can provide.
Student accounts specialist in student business office
Student Accounts Specialist-Receivables/Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 6, 2016
The management here is very disconnected and unprofessional in many ways, for example being talked to condescending or talked down if you are not a assistant director or director. The Student account analyst was young and unprofessional. The other student account specialist were very helpful and understanding to needs. Other departments coming in always had an issue with upper management in the student business office and never had anything nice to say about them. Preferably I wouldn't recommend this department as upper management does and says as they please. The at times free breakfast was a perk and speaking with other department employees and students was a great experience to interact with those people. If you are ok with working with management who always complain, cry and have no considerations of your personal life then go ahead and work here. As of student workers and my fellow employees who did the same job they're amazing and helped me learn more than management.
Pros
free food
Cons
management, lack of training
Ollu
Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning (Current Employee) –  OLLUJuly 31, 2016
The best place I have ever worked. Supportive, room for advancement, and encourages life-long learning. As with any job, you get out of it what you put into it.
Pros
support, work/life balalnce
Cons
insurance for spouse and family is outrageously expensive.
Fun work place
Phonothon caller (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 19, 2016
As soon as I got to the call center each of us got our phones and computers set up for the day. Each computer had a system of alumni who had attended Ollu at different times. Everyday I would call as many people as I could. Through the call I would Call Ollu alumni and secure updated contact information. I would kindly ask for donations to support the Universities fund for student scholarships and academic programs. One of the toughest things that I had to experience were the unkind phone calls. Some would yell or just hang up. My supervisor and my co-workers would always help me get through a tough call. My supervisor was very understanding when I asked for help or if there were any changes in my work schedule. I learned that working as a team can really help get the job done. My co-workers and my supervisor was what made my job enjoyable.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to work
LIGHT AND SOUND TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 9, 2016
The job as work study is a part time job. A day at work basically assist the manager of the building to arrange equipment use of the Lighting and sound system to anywhere from university events or San Antonio events
Flexible Workplace but subpar compensation
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 28, 2016
The work environment is very flexible and takes into account the multiple responsibility of a worker. If I need to take time off for an appointment for my daughter, my supervisor will accommodate me. Most people are friendly. Upper management seem to be disconnected from the staff and faculty. Pay is under the average for the city and the health benefits, although good, are very expensive.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Low pay
Great Work Place
General Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 18, 2016
I loved working at Our Lady of the Lake University. I was a place where your co-workers became family members. Everyone cared about how you did personally and what was going on in your life. My supervisors where very understanding and flexible with everyone.
Working With Talents
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 25, 2016
Peers are very talented in their areas of study. Work every other weekend. The only thing missing is the support for adjuncts, especially on weekends.
Management Issues
Administration (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 21, 2016
I have worked in higher education for several years so being that I was previously affiliated with the university, I was very excited to begin employment at OLLU. My experience was not the best and the caliber of professionalism at the University by upper administration was questionable. Training on leadership and just basically following the mission of the university is very necessary for supervisors responsible for managing various offices. The salary was not competitive with other neighboring universities and unfortunately, favoritism was very evident among certain departments. The human resources department was not easy to work with and also very lacking in professionalism and experience. I was extremely disappointed and I do not recommend this university if you have worked and a university for a number of years. You will be disappointed.
Pros
Friendly coworkers and qualified leaders in specific departments
Cons
Not all people in leadership positions are qualified and the health benefits are not worth the money
The Student Leadership Department is the place to be!
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 11, 2016
OLLU is great, the management of the office i worked in were so sweet and they are awesome. The other students i worked with were amazing as well a few of them not so much but overall i liked pretty much everyone. I learned that being a student leader is a valuable experience. The job was all around my most favorite job ever aside from working with kids.
Pros
Free food all the time, free events, meet new people, make your own hours based off of class schedule
Cons
its minimum wage that's always a con $7.25 cannot help a broke college student!
Managed the reservation, payment and tracking procedures of Gymnasium, pool and recreation facilities
Gymnasium Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San AntonioSeptember 18, 2015
I performed responsibilities of assisting gym instructors in ensuring that all safety procedures, rules and regulations were strictly adhered by members and guests.
I maintained cleanliness in the reception area and ensured that brochures and products were properly displayed.
Great experience
Therapist in Training (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, Tx.August 28, 2015
Great experience to help support my future as a Marriage and Family Therapist. Helpful supervisors who were always available to consult with.
Pros
Convenient location
fun place
Tutor/Secretary (Former Employee) –  San AntonioAugust 24, 2015
fun place to work at with such amazing children. I learn how to manage my time between school, my job, and other school activities. I had an amazing team of co-workers as well as managers. The hardest part of the job was time management between school and work. However, I enjoyed working here as a tutor with kids because it gave me the opportunity to pass on my knowledge to children.
Pros
amazing co-workers
Cons
manager before
Great place to grow, and community is strong
--Undisclosed-- (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 1, 2015
Being there, the first thing you can sense is an appreciative community among staff, faculty, and students. May be small and private, but the sense of that community is strong, and not only makes you feel a part of the team, but like family. Best reward is helping others achieve their goals. Seeing students start their academic journey and finish with a degree is one of the biggest rewards.
Great Co-workers
Audio Visual Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 1, 2015
As a work study the environment is great because everyone you work with can relate to you. It was a simple job and the manager was amazing very chill and relax, he told us what to do and when it needed to get done by. He treated us like adults and expected whatever he ask to be done in a timely matter.
Pros
flexible, easy to work with, great environment
Cons
not enough communication, not enough hours, and not organized
No training provided. Culture is too relaxed. Time off to spend with family is good.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 8, 2015
You are on your own as far as training about your job or department.
Atmosphere is very relaxed, almost too relaxed, missing standards and structure and accountability. Best thing is tuition help and time off at Christmas break.
Pros
Tuition assistance for your & family. Christmas vacation time is great.
Cons
Health insurance is too high to afford even for one person.
Good Work Experience
IT Helpdesk Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 5, 2015
This campus facility allowed me to utilize my computer and technology skills to assist others. I gained a great deal of clerical experience at this position.
productive and fun workplace
Biology Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 17, 2015
The typical workday included cleaning and restocking items. The hours were long but enjoyable with the staff. Management was efficient most times until the store was very busy for the holidays (Halloween). I learned how to communicate properly with costumers whether they're temper was good or bad, and how to work out situations quickly.
Alma Mater
Graduate Clinician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Love the HJC. The supervisors, clients, and learning experience were all wonderful!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Our Lady of the Lake University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4