Our365 Employee Reviews

Love babies
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOOctober 10, 2016
Got to enjoy looking at all the newborn pictures. Plus helping the clients be able to see their newborn's pictures. Plus complete sales for the parents/grandparents. Hardest part was the hours, constantly sitting in front of a computer all day, and when you get the parents that are unhappy and just trying to make them happy. Got along great with my co-workers. Management was ok didn't really work with you if you have family stuff you have to take care of or if your in school.
Pros
seeing newborn pictures
Cons
constant sitting in front of a computer and on the phone
Terrible
Newborn Photographer (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 20, 2016
This company is all about sales and not about helping the sales associate train for difficult situations. Often new parents are overwhelmed and don't care about ordering pictures or having photos taken. Management was quick to bug associates not making major sales.
Pros
Photographing babies
Cons
Hours depend on how many babies need pictures, commission based salary, VERY sales driven
fun seeing the babies and excited parents
Newborn Hospital Photographer (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOFebruary 8, 2016
Great job, lots of fun taking pictures of the babies and talking to the new parents. Great trainer and the ability to work at your own pace and working alone was a bonus. Hospital personnel was great to work with as well.
Pros
Photographing the babies
Cons
Pay is terrible. Commission based or minimum wage which ever is higher
Not my favorite job
Customer Service Agent/ Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOApril 19, 2016
The only part of this job I enjoyed was working with customers. This was a very stressful place to work in. I assume this is why they failed as a company.
Pros
Cons
NA
Local Newspaper.
Ad Group (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 15, 2015
Creating and designing local advertisement.
To be a graphic designer. Learning different design and editing programs.
Great people to get ideas and learn to do new things.
Not having a degree in graphic design.
Being able to learn on the job to be a graphic designer.
Pros
Great pay. Long career.
Cons
Not noted on abilities moved to another department because of not having a degree in graphic design.
Productive and fun work place.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 6, 2014
Working for Our365 was a very fun experience. I got to share some of the best moments with first time mothers and fathers. I also got to offer the new parents life insurance for the baby and any other children in the home. We offered the new parents different offers from partnerships with were with, such as Disney. M coworkers was very helpful and together we worked as a team. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to relate to the new parents on being new parents, and being able to offer them different things that would benefit the child's life.
Fun job
Newborn Photographer (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 30, 2014
Working for Our365 was enjoyable. I liked working with the new mothers, and have interest (and some formal education) in photography. The hardest part of the job was the actual sale. I found it hard to be an aggressive/"pushy" sales person with these new mothers.Though, I really liked seeing the smiles on their faces when presenting them beautiful images of their baby!
Pros
fun work
Cons
commission based pay making income uncertain
Exciting, Discounted meals, lots of memories.
Newborn Photographer (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 28, 2012
A typical day would involve talking with patients, photographing newborns and family members, learning new techniques, collecting payments and entering data into system. I learned how to appeal to that particular customer and many tips for good photography. I worked independently, usually. The hardest part of my job was that it was only part time and had no room for advancement. The best was making my earnings for how hard I worked.
Pros
work independence, incentives, regular training.
Cons
none.
you've been warned! don't do it!
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 13, 2012
don't even know where to start with this company. but a typical day included knocking on doors & harassing moms to get photos taken. overpriced photos. company doesn't care about you or your needs. no raises. minimum wage pay. you're told hours are flexible but they aren't. required to work 830am to 830pm if there are a lot of babies. some hospitals dont even have enough coverage so much so that employees get a bonus if you refer someone and they actually stay for longer than 6months. nothing is enjoyable about the job. the only tolerable part is that you work on your own and no one bothers you about the work throughout the day.
Pros
nothing. everything sucks
Cons
everything is bad...all bad.
A fun family environment for someone that enjoys photography and wants to learn about the business.
Photographer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 4, 2013
I learned to take good photography, learn how to take pictures of babies and the experience of other people with their new borns. its a really nice and wonderful job. you see the happy faces of many families welcoming their new borns and the people from the hospitals are really nice and lenient with us in taking pictures.
Pros
self time management, work would eventually finish earlier than expected. convenient for beginner photographers, and students.
Cons
if there is no sales the paycheck comes low, and not many hours of work.
Fantastic position
Photographer/trainer (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CaFebruary 14, 2014
I don't know what is going on with a lot of these reviews. I've worked for mom365 for more than 4 years, and I truly enjoy my career path. I train other girls as well as working in the hospital as a bedside photographer. My average hourly pay for bedside (nothing to do with my training pay) is about $24-39 an hour. No I'm not joking and in the entire time I've worked with this company I've never had an "hourly paycheck" where I've made minimum wage. I have had one experience where I stayed until 7pm, by choice, and I made over $200 in commission that day. This position is definitely NOT for everyone, however it is entirely what you make it.
Pros
Babies and photography yay
Cons
Cons for some might be that you are accountable for what you are paid.
low paying, zero benefits, total emphasis on sales, terrible management style
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 16, 2012
take pictures of newborns according to the number of babies born, tight schedule and sales required. no positive comments, constant emphasis on doing more for the company while the company does zero for the employees.
Pros
precious babies
Cons
no breaks, poor pay, required to work on holidays, constant negative comments, no raises.
Independant contracting
Newborn Photographer (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNMay 11, 2013
I was not happy with Our365. I was very limited in my phoography. They require you to use 8 specipic poses and allow for very little creativity with them. I was using the same script over and over to sell the pics that frankly did not excite me. The posing was not innovatiove or creative. The management was under involved with the training as well. She would come in for maybe an hour the 1 time I saw her and her photography was sloppy. As far as the working enviornment. I was walking into hospital rooms with families that felt unwelcoming. The social issues were more than I was expecting (babies being taken away from their mothers, drug addicted mothers, parents as young as 14, who's the babby daddy and more).

I would never put myself in this situation again.
Pros
Working with newborns
Cons
Working with newborns
Work like a dog.
"Professional" Newborn Photographer (Current Employee) –  Voorhees, NJSeptember 13, 2013
This company will hire anyone. They do not care about photography one bit. They will tell you that you will be part time, but schedule you 6-7 days in a row. They will say 7 hour days but in reality you can work 40 hours in 4 days easily. They seriously under pay the photographers who are in the field busting their butt to make ends meet. There is no team work and management is imaginary. Your district manager doesn't even know what you do. All they know is sales. You'll be assigned 16 babies, each baby takes an hour to photograph and go through information and sales. If you have a fussy baby it will take even longer. No one stays long. They all quit. If they wanted the good ones to stay, they should give us a reason to stay, like better commission rates. Small kiosks in the malls give better commission than this job. The pay varies too much to be sure you can pay your bills and feed your children and husband.
Pros
holding a camera all day, seeing adorable babies
Cons
over worked, under paid, crazy hours, sale oriented.
loved this job!
baby photographer, csr (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 28, 2012
was a great job. wish i never left! great hours and lots of smiles. babies are so unpredictable, but you learn to make the best of if. sometimes you get the best shots when you least expect it.
Pros
great hours
Cons
no insurance
10 years is too long too not pay raises
Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOMarch 17, 2012
Employees are great! Shame they are wasted on a company that doesn't show respect towards them.
Pros
cake once a month! :)
Cons
low pay, poor management above mid level managers
High Expectations
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOSeptember 3, 2012
This is a company that is VERY goal driven. They are flexible when it comes to family.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no raises
paycheck
Telesales Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOOctober 24, 2012
only worth a paycheck. They don't care about you and feel that they can easily replace you.
Great Company
REGION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  St Charles, MOJune 4, 2014
A typical day included but was not limited to managing a team of 70 professionals and 35 accounts; focusing strongly on:
1) maintaining strong working relationships with hospital personnel and key decision makers
2) Achieve my region's performance goals
3) To mentor, train and develop my employees and my region trainers

The most significant thing I learned is listening and the art of communication. Listening is such a critical part of communication and the key to great customer service.

I had exceptional relationships with my co-workers, receiving numerous awards over the years for Team Development, Team Spirit, Support of Internal staff, and more.

The hardest part of my job was traveling more than 50% of the time when I was a National Trainer. That was a hardship on my family and when the opportunity came to promote to a Region Manager, I jumped on it. As a Region Manager I continued to travel but only about 25-30% of the time.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the networking. I enjoyed connecting with other people, finding great candidates to hire, placing people in the right fitting role, within Our365. I truly enjoyed that aspect of my position.
Pros
Travel, Networking and Officing from home
Cons
Turnover, No salary increase
Wonderful atmosphere, horrible management
Newborn Photographer (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 21, 2013
I loved actually doing this job. I love babies, and photography. I even loved working in a hospital. However, the management only cares about sales. When working with someone from management, they make you push and push, and it can be quite embarrassing when the mom says she has no money, you then tell her the session is free, and after you take the photos you are forced to try to sell her $300+ packages. Luckily, most of the time you work alone, and at your own pace, and most photographers use their own sales techniques when management is not there.

The compensation is not very good. You only make 20% of what you sell. I (and others) think that is a complete joke. At least if your commission is under 9$ an hour, you get 9$ an hour. But for the amount of work you do, and hours you put in, you should make more. There are no benefits. The hardest part of this job is knowing that no matter how hard you work, your pay is based on whether mom and family can afford to buy a package. When you work in an area that isn't very high end, your pay can suck. But not even an hour away in a bigger hospital with moms from higher class areas, the photographers made lots more money. I know that because of the conference calls we had to do each Monday.

The best part about this job, is what you actually do. Working with the families and their new baby, (granted when you have WAY over protective families that act like your are going to hurt their baby by posing them, it sucks) and making the first memories of their new family a positive experience, and if you're good, you will be proud of
  more... your beautiful photos. I would love to work with Our365 again, but I would HATE to deal with the management and their crazy ideas about how your job should be done. Is it worth it? Sometimes not. I guess it depends on what kind of person you are, and if you actually NEED a high paying job. If you work for this company, make sure you are great at sales and good at taking pictures. If not, you will not be successful.  less
Pros
Working with babies, sharing experiences with moms, working alone, discounted meals, hospital setting
Cons
Pay, management is a joke, way too pushy, no benefits

2.8