Outback Steakhouse Employee Reviews

need serving experience/ no hosting experience
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 19, 2017
at least 3-4 hours per day for hosting, at most 7 hours serving.
can get very busy, make good friends, not open until 4pm good for someone in school.now corporate
Pros
50% food discount
Cons
no benefits
Very productive
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MIOctober 19, 2017
Taught me proper temperature to wash, dry, and sanitize the dishes, silverware, and glassware. How to detail the kitchen to keep germ's at a minimum. Average day washing kitchen equipment , sweep and mopping the floor. Taking the trash out and making sure the equipment is clean and management was fair
Pros
Hard work
Cons
Very hard work
Fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  State College, PAOctober 19, 2017
You truly learn a lot working in the service industry. It can be stressful at times but it definitely is a fun environment and fast-paced. You get out of it what you put in.
Where I learned my knowledge
Office Administrator /Bartender/Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIOctober 18, 2017
I literally worked every aspect of the restaurant at this job. Management, BOH and All FOH positions. I learned so much in my five years with this company.
Pros
knowledge and experience I gained. My training was very extensive
Cons
Last Manager was poor
Part time Position
Hostess/Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 18, 2017
Nice restaurant and staff. Part time position. Meet many people learned to coordinate. Learned many aspects of the restaurant industry. It's a great place for a part time job unless you are looking for a career in the Industry
Good experience
Line Cook, Kitchen Manager, Front of House Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILOctober 17, 2017
Good experience with a company that had solid systems in place with a great culture towards its employees. Team members were treated respectfully and advancement was always clear on what needed to happen
Productive Sometimes
Server (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MD 20745October 17, 2017
The manager will hire you knowing you need time to learn the menu and adapt but they are very impatient and expect you to already know everything. The managers are nasty and they talk about your personal business amongst other employees which they're not supposed to do. No benefits. The hosts are getting the same pay as the servers 365 an hour.
Pros
Half Off Lunches
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits
Fun place to work with young people but low paying
Wait staff/Front of House Manager/Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 17, 2017
I worked at Outback steakhouse for 8 years and met a ton of great people there including my girlfriend. the hours were great but servers did not make very much money at all.
Pros
hours, staff, management
Cons
money
I loved working in a restaurant. Outback has a great serving culture.
Server (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, OROctober 17, 2017
Fast paced and fun. If you work hard being a waiter can be a great place to make friends, money and move up in the ranks. I really enjoyed my job here.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Hard to work full-time.
fun environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLOctober 17, 2017
great place for customer service knowledge you learn a lot by working in a restaurant and I believe everyone should do it at some point in their life. Great way to also make quick and easy cash, just not always consistent.

Want to know more about Outback Steakhouse?

Ask a question
Fast paced work environment
Server/Takeout/Hostess (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2017
Outback Steakhouse is a well established restaurant. The work place is very professional as well as reserved. Management was fair, staff was decent. Overall good work place
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
No lunch break
Fun and Energetic work environment with opportunities to succeed
Key Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 15, 2017
A typical day working at outback steakhouse involves lots of customer interactions. I learned how to multitask properly and efficiently. I also learned how to sell the company's products to customers using my knowledge of the company. While managing i acquired skills in leadership and organization, while also improving customer/staff experiences. The culture of Outback Steakhouse is very friendly and inviting. Teamwork is essential in this restaurant and Outback does an excellent job of setting employees up for success. The hardest part of the job is being mentally prepared to interact with strangers and answer any questions they may have about the company's products or procedures. The most enjoyable part of this job is the interactions I have with customers. The Outback environment is very calm and friendly, allowing customers to dine in a relaxing manner, thus making your time at work pleasurable.
Pros
Hours, Pay, Teamwork, Food
Cons
Inconsistent, Mentally draining
Fast paced and competitive
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDOctober 14, 2017
My manager was great at picking out personable workers and the environment, while competitive, was very fun. The customers were very friendly and my coworkers were very supportive. We would take each others shifts/trade when necessary.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
No breaks
okay
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAOctober 13, 2017
they were flexible, it was an easy job, the employees are sweet and they are really nice. my only issue was the pay and not having enough hours , everything else was fine.
Very poorly run
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTOctober 13, 2017
I did not enjoy working here one bit. Management is self centered to put it nicely and unless you are one of the favorites you will not get good shifts.
It's a very good friendly work environment
Togo specialist/server (Current Employee) –  Highway 280 Birmingham ALOctober 12, 2017
I'ts a very fun place to work.. it's very fast past..managers are always willing to help...I enjoy working for outback...It's have great hours and also available to release shifts last minute
Pros
Half of employee meals
Cons
Healtcare
Work your life away
Manager (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, NCOctober 12, 2017
You work your life away with hardly any recognition, never get to spend time with family while working 10-12 hours a day and contently getting phone calls on your time off!
Good experience, good management
Line Cook and Busperson (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAOctober 12, 2017
It was nice working there. It was my first ever job that I got when I was in high school. Management was awesome and overall it was a cool experience as a kid.
Fast paced restaurant
Server (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDOctober 12, 2017
It was a great experience in terms of me gaining sales knowledge and learning how to market products. The management team was very helpful and the workplace culture was fast paced. The hardest part of the job was being more professional than my bosses. The most enjoyable part was working the balance sheet and income statement functions of every days sales.
Pros
Sales knowledge
Cons
theft, harassment, unprofessional superiors
Good Restaurant Job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALOctober 12, 2017
Outback is a well run company, but tends to be focussed too much on the bottom dollar. Things have changed significantly over the years from customer focussed to investor focussed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Outback Steakhouse. Our community is ready to answer.