“REQUIRED at least 2 years direct, hands on medical chart experience. Please do not apply if you do not have at least a minimum of 2 years previous experience. Must live locally and be interested in 6-8 week temporary project work.”
Outcomes Health Information Solutions is a total solutions partner for healthcare data auditing and analytics. Outcomes Health provides end-to-end solutions to help improve payment integrity data, to support accreditation programs, and to meet regulatory requirements. Outcomes’ nationwide network of registered nurses and certified coders professionally acquire, audit, and analyze healthcare data for healthcare organizations. Outcomes Health specializes in:
1. CMS HCC Risk Adjustment
3. Medical Record Reviews (Accreditation)
4. And more
About the Job:
We are currently recruiting RNs, LPNs, MA’s, Certified Coders, and RHIT or RHIA professionals to work as Medical Records Reviewers (Field Reviewers) for projects throughout New York. We may also consider Medical Records Professionals that have a minimum of 2 years of hands on medical records experience, EMR/EHR experience a plus, based on the type of experience and the health plans we are currently working with. Our reviewers visit physicians' offices to retrieve and review specific documents from medical records for various projects and studies. This work is project based and is not considered to be full time permanent employment.
You will be provided a personal scheduler and advocate to help you plan your daily activities. OHIS will schedule and confirm all of your appointments to make your days are as efficient as possible. We will also provide computer equipment for scanning charts and transferring files to our secure file transfer site. We provide help desk assistance for both IT support and medical record retrieval support.
We pay competitive wages. We also provide thorough training in the use of our technology, processes, documents to be scanned or copied, and HIPAA confidentiality requirements for protected health information. If you have substantial medical records experience, a professional demeanor, and can work independently then we invite you to join the most respected name in the industry.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
1. Accurately and efficiently conduct medical record review services
2. Scan relevant components of the medical record to support reviews performed
3. Upload scanned medical records daily
4. Maintain communication lines with Outcomes advocate
5. Successfully complete required training, testing and quality assessments
6. Communicate effectively and professionally with care provider offices, clinics, hospitals, other clinical facilities
7. Travel to medical facilities in specified area of region from home to complete review services
8. Abide by all HIPAA and associated patient confidentiality requirements
Summary of Job Requirements:
1. Must be an RN, LPN, Certified Coder, RHIT, RHIA, MA or Medical Records Professionals with a minimum of 2 years of hands on medical records experience, EMR/EHR experience a plus, based on the type of experience you have and the health plans we are currently working with.
2. Strong computer skills and high-speed internet access at home (no dial-up)
3. Reliable transportation, auto insurance and a valid driver's license
4. Commitment to confidentiality of patient health information
5. Professional, articulate and able to work independently
6. Availability at least 20 hours per week during business hours
7. Ability to manage and meet deadlines
8. Must be willing to travel within a 40 mile radius
9. Business attire is required when visiting physician offices
10. Must have a working cell phone, home computer, and printer
Please submit resume or Apply online at: www.outcomesinc.com
Outcomes Health Information Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
We’re doing our part to promote safer and more value-driven healthcare.
Outcomes Health Information Solutions, LLC (“Outcomes”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veterans in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Outcomes complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Outcomes expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Outcomes employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely prohibited.