Outcomes Health Information Solutions

Outcomes Health Information Solutions Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Provider Service Representative (Former Employee), Alpharetta GeorgiaJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: loved working there
Cons: hated to leave
Advancement is a great thing in this company. Great people and management.
Productive and enjoyed working with a lot of young people. They all taught me things that can't be taught in school.
Scheduler/Health Advocate (Former Employee), Stanford, KYDecember 31, 2014
Cons: no healthcare
First turn on computer, put headset on and call either insurance members or medical facilities. I learned more hands on computer work and management was wonderful. Co-workers were younger than me, but I loved it. They were so much fun to work with. Hardest part was not being able to talk with anyone in another cubicle because you had a quota of calls to be made each day. To me, the most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with co-workers and the people I talked to on the phone.
Productive and laid back environment.
Telecommunications Analyst (Former Employee), Stanford, KYDecember 8, 2014
Pros: lenient on breaks. laid back. great pay.
Cons: company shut down
Laid back environment with great co-workers and supervisors. Good pay.
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee), floridaOctober 30, 2014
My all time favorite place to work. Most interesting people I met, meets your expectations and does not have micro management
Interesting
Field Reviewer (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: variety of experience
Cons: lots and lots of travel
This position opened my eyes to the various possibilities in the health information management field.
I travelled to different locations. I worked with different EMR/EHR systems, and I got to work with and in a variety of different HIM departments. Very nice experience. Communication with the base supervisors and internal communications with the company needed work, but overall it was a very good experience.
Casual and Comfortable Work space
Call Center Rep (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAAugust 21, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job, was being able to complete the job objectives although it wasn't always quite simple.
Great for dipping your toe in the medical field
Scheduler (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 1, 2014
This is a great place to work for college students or housewives! Excellent starter!
aggravation without pay
LPN (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAMay 12, 2014
The worst company! Countless hours spent at home with no pay. If you go to a job site and it's cancelled no compensation and it happens often! They lie and promise you extra compensation for some sites just to get you there and then don't pay. It is a constant battle to get the many mistakes in paycheck corrected. If you added up all the time spent you are lucky if it comes out to 3.00/hr.
The management team is just as bad as the advocate. Lying seems to be a common theme amongst them all. The scheduling department is very bad. they never tell the job sites what to expect so you waste a lot of time for which you aren't paid. You only get paid by the chart regardless of the time you spend at the site.
The work itself is easy and enjoyable and I did learn a lot of computer skills.
great company to work for
medical reviewer (Former Employee), louisville,kyMay 10, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: tried after end of day and have upload charts but, it is a part of our jobs.
I was a medical reviewer in Kentucky, and I accepted whatever site they sent me too. I had a great advocate, which was always ready to help me in any situation. I had good miles and talking about miles the mileage should cover there and back at 55 cents a mile. I had plenty of work and was sent to great offices. If i went along distance I always had hotel accommodations. I am sorry but, some people don't appreciate anything. you should appreciate even having a job. I appreciate this company, and yes I am now in south carolina and I hope to work for them again in the future. Outcomes you are a good company and all of this negativity is just people ,likes drama. Also you knew what the job entailed when you took it. I have went to offices that was suppose to be 25 charts and ended up being 8-9 but, that is not outcomes fault the just was not patients. Always paid on time.
It is a good experience and sometimes challenging.
Field Reviewer - Contractor (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 29, 2014
Pros: working on your own.
Cons: we no longer get paid by each measure just by a single patients chart.
I am a contracter. I go out to different medical facilities and audit the medical charts, I can audit any where from 10-40 in one day, depending on the content of the chart. The hardest part of the job is when sites are not organized and the content of the chart is all over in the EMR tabs.The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting new people and the chance to observe how each medical site operates.
Great place to work. Great potential for growth.
Operations/ Sr Scheduling Manager (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 21, 2014
A great place to learn new tasks. Often place staff in different departments to ensure agents can obtain additional knowledge in all of the organizational area's.
Do not waste your time
Medical Record Reviewer (Current Employee), TexasApril 16, 2014
Low compensation for the total amount of hours required to work per day. This is the job for you if you put no value on your time. There is no compensation consideration in the field if you find yourself working with an antiquated EMR system, are at the mercy of the clinic staff (not their problem you are getting paid by the chart) or get kicked out of the clinic for staff 1 1/2 lunch. You can and DO spend hours completeing just a few charts due to no fault of your own and $4.00 a chart is your compensation for the day. After a days work in the field, you are required to spend hours at home performing administrative work which is very time consuming and is NOT compensated. You work for free. Although this is a contract position, the company still takes out SSI, Medicare and Fed. tax. from your already minuscule paycheck. Communication and problem resolution with Advocate has been disappointing, confusing and disorganized. Very discouraging. I wish I had listened to all the reviews.They are recruiting healthcare professionals and expecting all that comes with that and are paying very depressing wages. At this point I might be averaging minimum wage for all the hours required to perform the job. Save yourself the and BEWARE of this rip off company.
Excellent advancement opportunities
Onsite Scheduling Supervisor (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 15, 2014
The hardest part of the job is managing temporary employees.
Very negative experience
Field Reviewer (Former Employee), GAApril 8, 2014
Pros: paid gas mileage door to door, nice advocates.
Cons: summarized below; in short extremely disorganized and the pay is a joke.
Unless you care to waste a lot of your time for little to no compensation, or just need something to do, do not work as a Field Reviewer. The pay is per chart only, which is extremely unreliable as to whether the chart will be available, or if you will even be paid for the retrieval. Charts are listed for you to retrieve that will later not be listed on the upload screen, thus you have unknowingly wasted your time with no compensation. The upload process is antiquated/slow & you are expected to also complete a detailed time sheet, for which you are NOT paid administrative time. (Since you are paid per chart, the time sheet is ridiculous & merely for their statistics.) In short, they appear very disorganized, outdated in terms of technology, and basically will use/waste your time with minimal pay, and your cell minutes with no compensation. If they did not pay gas mileage from door to door, there would be nothing good to say, except the Advocates seem desperately nice in order to keep anyone working. The job itself is extremely easy, but a bit tedious and boring. This is piece work at it finest and one of the worst choices of my work life.
Flexible schedule, fun independent daily work environments
Field Reviewer (Current Employee), Winstin Salem, North CarolinaJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: compensated for miles, ink and paper nobody looking over shoulder, most important no office drama
Cons: length of upload time between 6-8 pm but it is very helpful resolving issues
I have worked with several companies similar to Outcomes and this is by far the best. The job itself is easy if you know medical charts and I love going to different offices and meeting new people.
I have read several reviews about the compensation and I have had no issues. The bonus was paid when project ended and equipment was received, it was within a couple dollars of what I had calculated. The trick to making this work is setting aside a set amount for a weekly or bi weekly paycheck and saving the rest for the downtime's between projects, Also Advocates are very helpful.
Have worked for Outcomes for several years
Field Reviewer (Current Employee), MississippiNovember 29, 2013
Pros: mileage is tax free money
Cons: see below.
MY only complaint is when you get used to your advocate (supervisor) they get changed. This year Mine is in the same state it sure helps. Never any problem with regular chart and mileage and training pay. They are slow with Bonuses. I have worked hard and learned several electronic chart systems. I have traveled all over the state and even was flown to another when they need a field reviewer. Would recommend if you like meeting new people and working hard.
Flexible schedule
Contractor Field Reviewer Auditor/ HEDIS (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GANovember 3, 2013
Pros: meeting new people
My typical workday ranged from 3 to 9 hours, depending on the case load. The hardest part was locating some departments within larger hospitals. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility to work a 3-4 day work week.
You are in control of your time.
Remote Coder (Current Employee), GeorgiaSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: you control your hours
Cons: no benefits
I love outcomes because they provide great ICD-9-CM training.
Work but not paid
Field Reviewer (Current Employee), FloridaJuly 27, 2013
Cons: no work, broken promises, no communication, no pay!
I was told that I would work at least 20 hrs a week for the chart review. I worked one day for 8 hours, and up-loaded charts at home for 4 hours (since it was my first time); and have only been paid mileage. I used over 2 reams of paper to copy my data and 2 toners; it cost me more money than I made for the trip.
Two months later I am still waiting for my money due on 49 charts and the rest of my training money. Spoke to myFRA she stated that it was sent in. She not has now resigned, and new FRA took over. I was promised locations in July; still have not heard anything.
This company allows you to learn many skills that can be used in many different fields.
Field reviewer Advocate Supervisor (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJuly 24, 2013
Pros: you learn a lot of transferreable skills
Cons: the pay and the work loads are not balanced.
I am responsible for supervising a team of up to 16 supervisors who oversee up to 60 remote employees. I am primarily responsible for answering questions, implementing and training on processes to make the department run more efficiently. I audit the timesheets of over 800 remote employees and conduct employee reviews.

I have learned how to complete different functions in Excel, Acrobat, and other work related databases. I have learned how to retrieve medical records using HIPAA guidelines in a medical facility.

Management changes frequently and is not always trained with the skills to assist employees.

My co- workers work well together and are required to work very close together and keep close communication as the nature of our business requires frequent changes.

The most difficult part of the job is constantly training the employees. There is a very high turnover rate and the skill level required to complete the job has become difficult to come by for the compensation offered to the employees.

Working with hundreds of personalities on a daily basis means no day is ever the same. I work with a very close group of people and the team I supervise works very well together. We celebrate every birthday and it's always a great moral booster.