Outreach Health Services Employee Reviews in United States

good place to work
Personal Caregiver Attendant (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJune 23, 2016
people are nice and management are clear on the jobs sites and duties. no complaints. No stressing about any thing. The employees are very positive and nice people being elderlies
Pros
will work with you with hours or any sitution you have
Cons
non
It's busy and they expect more and more
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 12, 2016
This office used to be run by a very good branch manager. Now, it has been taken over by a rude and unprofessional RN. Do not work for this company! The only good thing is the benefits!
Pros
Small team
Cons
Work life separation, always get new staff, lots of turnover, favorites
Great Company to Work For!
Home Attendant (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMarch 21, 2016
A great company, with flexible hours and kind people! They worked around me having to take certain days off for my sick child!
Cna
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXJanuary 20, 2016
Taken care of older people who are not able to take care of themselves. Giving showers shaving males at times. Cleaning rooms making beds etc
Nice people to work for.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXSeptember 16, 2015
This position was a home assistance position. Very easy going. The work assignment was typical of what you would do at your own home. No problems with management. They were there for you if you needed them. I never interacted with other employees in this company. This position was client and employee on a one to one basis. The travel was long. I traveled more than forty miles one way, and no mileage compensation. I enjoyed this position. My client was a pleasant person.
Pros
I could work my allowed number of hours however i chose to do so.
Cons
The hourly pay was not worth the distance of travel.
I love work with elderly and desability
HOME CARE AIDE (Former Employee) –  SAN ANTONIO TXSeptember 14, 2015
I lear some much about them because you have to be a good person and be paciense and care about them be on their position be kind and they love my work
Pros
NONE
Cons
NONE
very productive work enviroment
Field Staff (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2015
The job which was intrusted to me was mentally rewarding as well as
fufilling in many ways. I was able to travel the state fo Texas and assist clients with the health needs.
Pros
every degree of satisfaction an individual can feel.
Cons
salary
It's a paycheck
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXAugust 28, 2015
You are paid good for the stress. Management is very unprofessional. Management will tell the whole office your personal business, meaning they violate hippa Law. If you are not a yes man you will not succeed in this company. And this company does not believe in people of color advancing. It's suppose to be a Christian company, but it's a lot of wolfs in sheep clothing.
The job showed me how to be a successful supervisor.
PHC Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 20, 2015
A typical day at work was hectic, I had to assure that all my clients would be staffed that day and that all their hours would be filled. I had to find staff to hire which at times could become a challenge.
Pros
great working hours
Cons
stressful job
wonderful staff, and wonerful clients.
Home Health Attendant (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 18, 2015
I worked out of the office setting and enjoyed the clients. Gained experience working without supervision. Working without close supervision gave me the opportunity to challenge myself.
Pros
worked with wonderful clients
Cons
no health insurance
friendly and fun work enviornment.
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJune 2, 2015
A typical day working for the Outreach family consisted of me interacting on a very personal level with my patient, helping with daily grooming rituals, preparation of meals and, administering medications in a timely manner. In working for Outreach I learned that helping and caring for others began as a job but evolved into a passion.
Pros
friendly enviornment
Cons
no holidays
Productive and Fun Workplace
Healthcare Provider (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 27, 2015
A typical day at work for me would be changing my patient feeding my patient and doing her laundry.I learned how to feed my patient through her g-tube.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Meeting special people
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, TXMarch 26, 2015
I take care of a persons special needs at home. I cook, clean and made sure they took their meds. I learned to always be compassionate towards another person and their needs. Management or coworkers didn't have any part in my job other than management payed me. I am also very proud to say I didn't have very many coworker friendships because I never hardly call in. On the special occasion I did my patients didn't want a sub. The hardest part of my job was losing my patients, Who by then became family. You learn to love and hate that part but in the end it does make you a better person.
Pros
Never ate alone
Cons
No breaks, can't leave your patient alone
okay
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMarch 24, 2015
I didn't like the pay very much but it was a great learning experience. I did enjoy the patient's company. Being able to make someone in need laugh, brightened up my day. Thank you.
A day at the clinic
Community Service Aide (Current Employee) –  Ennis, TXMarch 5, 2015
In a typical day I come in at 7 am to open up the clinic, run our daily state reports, as well as our lab. I check the messages left and cross reference them in our system to see if they have gotten benefits, and what they need to come in for. As clients begin to show up, I check them in and see what kind of appointment they are there for so I could ask for the proper information we need. Once I clarify what they are there for I gather the documents needed to begin the paperwork. All our paperwork are state documents so you need to make sure everything is filled out correctly. Once that is done I take the client to the lab to assist in getting the client's height/weight and iron checked. We see at least 30 clients a day, I also help translate because I my supervisor does not speak Spanish. In between clients I also answer phone calls and reschedule appointments. At the end of the day we shut everything down, clean and lock up.
Pros
the gratifiaction when a client thanks you for helping them.
Cons
the compensation and the management
Outreach is a longterm Care Facility. Providing assistance to people needing assistance in their daily lifes.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 17, 2015
A typical day was managing the day to day operation of a long term care facility. Would ensure that all attendants reported for work and provide quality work to our patients. Ensuring that services were correctly charged. Ensuring that all federal and state regulations were being followed.

Learn to appreciate what I have because the patients we took care of were very poor, lacked family support and sometime lived in terrible conditions.

My co-workers varied in work ethic and personalities. As a manager I needed to find out how to get them to be the best they could.

The hardest part of my job was keeping attendants. They did not like the job and many times told me they made more on welfare than working as an attendant.

The best part of the job was at Christmas when we would go to an orphanage in Juarez and give them a Christmas party. All teammates dressing up a Christmas characters.
Pros
good company
Cons
finding teammates will to work
a unique experience
Home Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 11, 2015
I really learned a lot about myself while I had the privilege to help someone who could no longer take care of themselves like they used to.
Pros
i was able to take care of my mother.
Cons
did not have health benefits
OutReach
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJanuary 17, 2015
Outreach caregivers are relatives on the patient. They pay minimum wage and can be very rude. You are expected to do a lot and not complain because its your family member. In their eyes, they are doing you a favor.
Great work environment
Direct Care (Current Employee) –  Kyle,TxJanuary 7, 2015
I work for individual families and am simply paid through this company. The families are great fits normally and close to home. The company is often unorganized and late with paychecks and timesheets.
Pros
close to home. flexible hours.
Cons
unorganized company
Nice, fun, helpful, friendly atmosphere
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dumas, TXDecember 22, 2014
always meeting new people, employers are usually franchise owners, usually cheap, no pay, very unstable security, but was very easy to learn and upscale environment