Outreach Health Services

Outreach Health Services United States Employee Reviews

Meeting special people
Caregiver (Former Employee), Hillsboro, TXMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Never ate alone
Cons: No breaks, can't leave your patient alone
I take care of a persons special needs at home. I cook, clean and made sure they took their meds. I learned to always be compassionate towards another person and their needs. Management or coworkers didn't have any part in my job other than management payed me. I am also very proud to say I didn't have very many coworker friendships because I never hardly call in. On the special occasion I did my patients didn't want a sub. The hardest part of my job was losing my patients, Who by then became family. You learn to love and hate that part but in the end it does make you a better person.
okay
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Garland, TXMarch 24, 2015
I didn't like the pay very much but it was a great learning experience. I did enjoy the patient's company. Being able to make someone in need laugh, brightened up my day. Thank you.
A day at the clinic
Community Service Aide (Current Employee), Ennis, TXMarch 5, 2015
Pros: the gratifiaction when a client thanks you for helping them.
Cons: the compensation and the management
In a typical day I come in at 7 am to open up the clinic, run our daily state reports, as well as our lab. I check the messages left and cross reference them in our system to see if they have gotten benefits, and what they need to come in for. As clients begin to show up, I check them in and see what kind of appointment they are there for so I could ask for the proper information we need. Once I clarify what they are there for I gather the documents needed to begin the paperwork. All our paperwork are state documents so you need to make sure everything is filled out correctly. Once that is done I take the client to the lab to assist in getting the client's height/weight and iron checked. We see at least 30 clients a day, I also help translate because I my supervisor does not speak Spanish. In between clients I also answer phone calls and reschedule appointments. At the end of the day we shut everything down, clean and lock up.
Outreach is a longterm Care Facility. Providing assistance to people needing assistance in their daily lifes.
Administrator (Former Employee), El Paso, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: good company
Cons: finding teammates will to work
A typical day was managing the day to day operation of a long term care facility. Would ensure that all attendants reported for work and provide quality work to our patients. Ensuring that services were correctly charged. Ensuring that all federal and state regulations were being followed.

Learn to appreciate what I have because the patients we took care of were very poor, lacked family support and sometime lived in terrible conditions.

My co-workers varied in work ethic and personalities. As a manager I needed to find out how to get them to be the best they could.

The hardest part of my job was keeping attendants. They did not like the job and many times told me they made more on welfare than working as an attendant.

The best part of the job was at Christmas when we would go to an orphanage in Juarez and give them a Christmas party. All teammates dressing up a Christmas characters.
a unique experience
Home Care Provider (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: i was able to take care of my mother.
Cons: did not have health benefits
I really learned a lot about myself while I had the privilege to help someone who could no longer take care of themselves like they used to.
OutReach
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee), Killeen, TXJanuary 17, 2015
Outreach caregivers are relatives on the patient. They pay minimum wage and can be very rude. You are expected to do a lot and not complain because its your family member. In their eyes, they are doing you a favor.
Great work environment
Direct Care (Current Employee), Kyle,TxJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: close to home. flexible hours.
Cons: unorganized company
I work for individual families and am simply paid through this company. The families are great fits normally and close to home. The company is often unorganized and late with paychecks and timesheets.
Nice, fun, helpful, friendly atmosphere
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Dumas, TXDecember 22, 2014
always meeting new people, employers are usually franchise owners, usually cheap, no pay, very unstable security, but was very easy to learn and upscale environment
Very flexible work
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Garland, TXDecember 18, 2014
Works well with any schedule and great if you want to help others live productive lives.
Outreach Health Services
RN Case Manager-Medicaid (Former Employee), 505 E. Huntland Dr., Austin, Tx 78752October 9, 2014
Pros: working as team with onsite team and insurance company., visits to patients. patient discharge for meeting all goals, excellent benefits.
Cons: days were long, on call 24/7, lunch at desk, stayed after hours almost everyday. discharging patients before goals met.
Director, RN Case Manager for Medicaid Home Health. Communicated with RN's, LVN's about schedule and any changes patient's needed to change. Reviewed all paperwork and time sheets from previous visits made in the last 48 hrs. Patient's with any issues were called so that resolution to any problem could be solved ASAP. Communicated with insurance company, Discharge planner, RN Navigator, RN Case Manager Admit nurse, reviewed all referrals for Medicaid criteria, report to 30 day monitoring nurse. Worked with onsite team and insurance team to ensure best care for patient. Reviewed all new PCP orders, PT, OT, and Speech therapy notes. Obtained all authorizations with proper codes, Communicated with Administrator about patients. Any hospitalizations of patients, hospital called for progress, estimate of discharge. Triaged all patient calls. Admission of patients. Developed inidividualized plan of care for patient meeting all healthcare and holistic needs. Referrals as needed. Supervisory visits, field visits as needed. Billing, coding, ordered supplies. Spreadsheet for all patients with status, date of admit, goals, teaching, and estimated time patient may reach all goals. QA, UR of all documentation and charts. Communicated with nurses about changes needed, trained for improved documentation, ensured plan of care be followed. Audits of charts for proper forms, filed accurately. Evaluations of nurses every 3 months. Discussed with each nurse individually for improvement of skills, documentation. Case conference scheduled, prepared all documents needed, worked with onsite team on any problems or issues patient experiencing. Continued communication with Dr.'s, staff. Monitored all orders received in a timely manner.
Not a great company to work for
Assist in the transfer and ambulation of provider (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: not enough hours and helpful
This is a description of what I did daily:
• Administer medications
• Assist in the transfer and ambulation of provider
• Ensure the proper hygiene of ward
• Prepare meals
• Escort to ensure safety during outings
I really enjoyed helping the elderly on a daily basis. Management was not that helpful when you needed something or to talk to them. Sometimes they were very rude.
I love how they worked with my schedule!!
Caregiver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 5, 2014
The listen to you about what type of work you want to do and pair you with people you will enjoy working with and will enjoy you as well.
Great being able to help little eldery people.
Caregiver (Former Employee), Abilene, TXAugust 1, 2014
Pros: flexible hours worked evening after my regular job.
Cons: only worked 16 hours a week so no benifits
My client was my mom . I cleaned her home 5 days a week. I ran errands for her bought groceries ,picked up medicine and what ever else she needed. The all eldery people need a little helping hand.No co workers. There was nothing really hard about this job ,I always enjoyed it. The most enjoyable part of this job was my mom got to stay in her little home for as long as she could.
Outreach is a productive workplace and I've enjoyed working with my clients. It's been enlightening and fun.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Buda, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: healthcare is an on going career; there will always be a need for health care provider.
Cons: it is a very stressful job because you are sadden when a patient is lost.
I work evening and it start with making supper for the client and getting her ready for bed.
she is a very sweet lady and we have wonderful conversation about years past; she has taught me how to value family because I've seen her in so much pain when her husband past. As a matter of fact, I took care of him during the last stages of his illness.
friendly people
Data Coordinator (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, TXJuly 2, 2014
I really enjoyed working for this company. I was accepted into nursing school and had to leave work but was unable to finish nursing school.
Very hassel free work place.
Certified Nurse Aide (Current Employee), Garland, TXJune 27, 2014
Go in and do your , job to the best of your ability. Nice company to work for.
Job was fairly good.
Provider (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXJune 16, 2014
Pros: patients were fun to be with on some days.
Cons: the pay is minimum wage and part time. i have to make more than that.
This was not a job for me. I like a fast paced job. The job requires for you to work your hours plus your on call all the time. I had patients with alzheimers. They were great patients but the pay was not enough to take care of my family.
Worst Job ever
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 31, 2014
They claim to be be faith based but only because the owners brother is a minister. You will be forced to stop working to listen to him pray.

Horrible management that lies and is deceitful from the top on down. They demand you keep up with case loads up to 120 patients but no overtime pay.

The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving!
n/a
Provider (part-time) (Current Employee), San Antonio, TexasMay 8, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no raises
The company is ok to work for. Flexible hours. My supervisor is professional and quickly resolves any issues that may occur.
Great place to work!
Safety Manager (Former Employee), Richardson, TXApril 15, 2014
The employees are like family to me and I will miss them very much

1 2 3