Outreach Health Services Employee Reviews

Work is paid per patient. Office work is paid for every hour you work you get paid for 1/2 hour.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Rock Island, ILMay 16, 2017
Very small company. Work is not difficult. Hours are interchangeable as things arrive with staff or Patients. Work place is good. Staff easy to work with. Casual work place. Wife of administrator is a nurse, has excellent repute with the staff.
Pros
Able to make changes in schedules.
Cons
No milage pay, no paid holidays.
great establishment to work for
Nanny/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Austin txMay 10, 2017
I've worked for this company almost a year and a half. I initially work for the family but am compisated through the Outreach Health Service company. They are consistent in feedback and help in all ways possible. The family I work for is definitely a perk.
Pros
Hands-on activities and engagement with children's development
Good place to work.
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 10, 2017
I cared for my father through their company. They made sure we had our supplies to work with. They are a good christian company and gave us bonuses often. I really appreciated that.
In home support service provided a range of services for clients.
Care Provider (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 4, 2017
I enjoyed helping clients that were in need of my services such as bathing them, preparing meals, light housework, shopping for groceries, helping them go to the bathroom or even providing companionship and conversation.
Pros
No Supervision
Cons
Short hours
Great Place
Traveling CSA (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 3, 2017
Three day weekends. One saturday a month. Free health care. This place is great! Managers are super friendly and this company is very family oriented.
Pros
free health care
Cons
pay could be better
Great company but the upper management need to fix a lot
Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 18, 2017
Loved working for this company but the Upper Management are never consistent with anything and leaves everything in the air to get fixed, which made it harder for the smaller branches to keep up and continue to do a good job.
Neutral
Personal Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 3, 2017
Due to my years of experience and the duties expected of a caregiver, is a lot of work for such little pay. Working for Outreach is like barely getting by, but they are willing to work with you in the best way they can.
Pros
Fair staff, good at finding clients
Cons
Low pay rate
Reliable
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 22, 2017
You are able to balance your own schedules and meet new friends who are first your client. Very friendly, professional, and understanding supervisors.
There are very easy sign in and check out..
Pros
REASONIBLE job schedule
Religious Enviornment
Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX 75080March 16, 2017
Outreach is a religious, faith based company but failed to give raises and pay was not that great but overall a fair company to work for. Many of it's employees did not stay very long due to the pay and lack of raises.
Pros
Faith based and religious company
Cons
No annual raises
Its great working with elderly people
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 6, 2017
Working with elderly and disabled people is great. It makes me happy tp be able to assist these people with their daily living needs. Some of these people are old and fragile so it nice to be able to help them.
Would never work for them.
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXFebruary 15, 2017
Originally, I was informed that my shifts start at 7AM and end sometime in the afternoon, or evening at the latest. However, I got off around midnight or past midnight most of the time. My employer would clock me out a couple of hours before my shift is over, I had a flu and my employer told me that that is not an excuse for me to miss work. She would complain to me about all of her other co-workers and I would definitely not recommend working here. I gave a phone call about receiving a document, and was blamed for not letting me know as soon as I moved. Terrible service, my co-workers definitely did not feel appreciated being there and quit as soon as they could. Other companies would pay at least double the amount to do the job we had to do, yet we were paid minimum wage, $7.25/hr. I have been called in the middle of the night at 1AM to come to work.
Pros
Will get a recommendation letter if you stick around for over a year
Cons
Terrible pay
great place
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, TXFebruary 8, 2017
sometimes it was very stressful but the staff was always there to help out, we worked as a team. the hours were long but everyone was very nice and outgoing.
Productive fun workplace, I enjoyed the clients the most
Full-time employment (Former Employee) –  409 N. Willis Street Abilene, Texas 79605February 8, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of uploading documents, data entry, copy, scanning, and quality check paperwork. Answering phones, customer service, and payroll/billing. I did insurance verification for Amerigroup and Superior once a month, and verified eligibility weekly. I worked in the EVV system which was State Mandated on a daily basis.
The hardest part of my job was keeping in compliance with the State Mandated EVV system as we had to maintain this for 400 client/attendants.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my coworkers and working with the client's, I really enjoyed that.

The workplace culture was really good for the most part and we all got along really good and worked very well together. I miss them..
Pros
Great money, great company, great coworkers
Cons
The Administrator at the time was not very pleasent to deal with
Good Company
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXFebruary 6, 2017
• Provided in home care for seniors, including help with light household cleaning duties and washing laundry as well as to prepare healthy meals for patient.
Its a great job if you love taking care of the elderly
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Paducah, TXFebruary 2, 2017
I've worked for Outreach for years. I enjoy being there for the elderly and taking care of them. I just need a change to better myself for me and my family.
Pros
Its a good job if you love taking care of people
Cons
No overtime pay or holiday pay
Not Reliable
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 17, 2017
I felt I was being cheated of my ability to do medical duties because there was none. Compensation was way below what I wanted and they would not work with my schedule.
Productive can be fun
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 9, 2017
Keying in all bills and invoices printing checks for bills I got along with co-worker. Assisting the manager answering question when needed and the hardest part was trying to make sure we didn't miss any bills coming in late. *Making the bank transfer at the end of the day on all checks that were printed that day. *Keying all garnishments that were due every two weeks. *Making the 401k transfers and health first transfer ever week. I have worked on a system called Navision and Netsuite. I’ve worked on Windows, Excel, Outlook and use the Internet and my own Personal Computer. I have an excellent attendance. Company was like family
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Sometimes I missed my breaks
Awesome job
None (Former Employee) –  Bonham, TXJanuary 5, 2017
Awesome company to work for. Everyone is super nice. Great pay my client was really nice .didn't have to walk far loved making my own money . i want to try something new.
Cons
Low and sometimes unsanitary conditions
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXDecember 29, 2016
The pay is very low compared to other companies in the area. Most client homes have be extremely unkept and are very dirty especially if they have pets.
Good company to work for, exciting and full of possibilities.
Home health Provider (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 25, 2016
If you like working with the elderly then you will enjoy this company, very rewarding full of possibilities of advancement within the company
Pros
Make your hours
Cons
Have to deal with the possibility for losing the client

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Outreach Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Outreach Health Services Reviews by Location