Ovando is one of NYC's top innovative floral design and event production companies that cater to high-end clientele. Our unique design aesthetic and unsurpassed customer service is the cornerstone of our success. One major reason for that success is the incredibly gifted and talented staff that works for us on a daily basis.
To continue that path, we are looking for a super star Floral Buyer & Design Consultant to join our team and help us carry forward that success together!
In short, the Floral Buyer aspect of the position is to be responsible for all the purchasing of floral merchandise for the entirety of the company while achieving a cost effective profitable annual budget. The Design aspect is to mentor, inspire, and communicate with each team for a solid, seamless, financially savvy experience.
Essential Job Functions (but certainly not limited to):
- Responsible for the buying of all floral merchandise for the entirety of the company (1 studio and 2 Retail locations, as well as the Sales and Events Depts.) and achieving a cost effective profitable annual budget.
- Assist Sales and Event departments with design concepts, prices and recipes, seasonal layouts and any other large scale project.
- Knowledgeable about how sales work, the process of maintaining a lucrative profit margin, and how to improve and increase performance.
- Bring fresh ideas, creativity, and artistic ability to designs and inspire the production staff to do the same.
- Interact and brainstorm with clients to minimize any miscommunication that can jeopardize the account.
- Negotiate with vendors as well as with staff and clients to maximize the product flow, elimination of waste, and even inventory levels.
- Maintain accurate vendor /product information and files in an efficient and consistent manner.
- Collaborate with vendors, rental companies, freelancers, and any support staff to accomplish both team and company goals.
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve any order issues, returns, vendor recalls, incorrect shipment/delivery without affecting the budget or company goals.
- Take charge and lead any special projects or larger scale clients as well as handle inquiries as per Owner’s discretion.
- Consistently focusing on results within in daily activities, operations, and procedures.
- Support department efforts during non-traditional hours ensuring overall department goals are met.
- Create and participate in daily team meetings to ensure communication among staff and continue to inspire and implement the company’s goals and initiatives.
- Perform the critical role as a mentor within company to all departments.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum of 7 years of Floral & Event industry experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of Floral Management such as: purchasing, merchandising, operations, as well as extensive knowledge of the floral process.
- Retail Management experience is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, as well as analytical customer service abilities.
- Sharp, aggressive, and creative ideas on how to keep our brand on top.
- Impeccable writing skills and communication.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Able to make quality decisions in a timely manner despite any harrowing situation.
- Able to handle stress and exercise good judgment.
- Can be counted on to deliver results and meet expectations.
- Cheerful and enthusiastic.
- A desire to work and wants to assist in taking the company even higher.
If you have a relentless drive for the floral business along with a passion for exceptional customer service, creativity and design, we would love to meet you!
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTERS IN PDF OR WORD DOC FORMAT
Any resumes without the desired experience or knowledge above will not be considered.