Ovation is a national leader in Workforce Health Improvement and one of the largest independent benefit brokers in the nation.
Ovation Benefits seeks a professional, analytical, and detail oriented individual to work on the Client Services team as a Financial Analyst. As a member of the team, the candidate will support all aspects of financial analysis work (i.e. marketing, renewals, reporting, budgeting) of the group benefit programs for clients.
- Functional experience and working knowledge of carrier underwriting methods, risk evaluation, and funding arrangements (fully, self, partial)
- Able to analyze data and recognize analytical patterns
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel user
- Ability to handle multiple and changing client priorities
- Assist the Client Service team in all aspects of the marketing and analysis of the group benefit programs for clients by providing detailed reports and presentation of financial information.
- Responsible for complex accounts and construct exhibits and executive summaries jointly with the Client Service team.
- Prepare accurate financial exhibits for proposal responses, quarterly and annual client meetings. Assist in presenting information directly to the client or prospect.
- Assist the Client Service team in renewal and the Request for Proposal (RFP) process.
- Compile all necessary monthly claim and stop-loss information from carriers for clients.
- Track and proactively identify claim trends for customers and notify the Client Service team in trend pattern changes on a monthly basis.
- Assist the Client Service team with carrier negotiation process.
- Act as subject matter expert on special projects.
- Work with the Client Service team to review client utilization reports to identify opportunities for plan design and product changes, based upon utilization patterns.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with carrier partners.
- Maintain accurate, current, organized and complete financial information in internal databases.
- Research industry topics to keep abreast of industry trends and changes to the health care/employee benefits delivery system.
- Assist team and clients as necessary with special projects.
- Bachelor degree required, (Business, Finance, Math, Accounting) or other related field
- Minimum of three years underwriting experience in the healthcare industry working for a group insurance carrier, broker or consultant preferred
- Knowledge of group insurance (medical, dental, CDHP, pharmacy, life and disability) products preferred
Full Benefits package includes: 401K with company match, health and dental coverage, holidays and paid vacations.