Ovations Food Service Employee Reviews

Disapproval of employment
Concessions Server (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 8, 2015
I dislike this job cause you couldn't progress into something you make really want to do. It was basically pick and choose
Typical Day at Work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJMarch 31, 2015
Come sign in at the front desk, log in and receive a bank bag which included money for the cashier register, sign off. Go upstairs to the concession stand I was assigned too for the day, and help other employees get ready for the event for that particular day. I learn that its important to always give excellent service to the customers. My co-workers are very easily to work with, friendly and we all come together as a team and get all task done for the day. The hardest part of the job is checking inventory and checking my bank at the end of my shift. The most enjoyable is making sure that our customers are taking care of and our satisfied with out services.
Pros
Easy Workload
Cons
On your feet all day
It is a fun, customer oriented job
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Knoxville ColiseumFebruary 3, 2015
This is a fun place to work. I work usually just the ice hockey games, the circus and Disney shows. Occasionally they have concerts, I work most of those but this is just an as needed job. Not even considered part time. I mostly work in the same stand for every event and I work well with other in the same stand.
It is all based on the customers. My coworker are usually the same people each event and we all get along great. Management is run as well as it could be. the hardest part of the job is an irate customer. You just have to satisfy customer the best way you can. The most enjoyable part is our regular customers and getting to know them.
Pros
it is fun and work with the same people usually
Cons
summer months are very slow. not alot of events at the coliseum in the summer
Fun job, fast pased
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 7, 2014
The process and procedures that help the stands run efficiently is in really good shape. the supervisors and runners seem to always keep up with what we need from the warehouse to replenish stock during the shift.
Not enough business for to many waitstaff
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKAugust 24, 2014
I enjoyed working with a select few employees. My supervisor is easy to get a long with. The hardest part of the job is there aren't that many people who are in the casino to make money off of tips. With more and more new hires its almost impossible to have a good section. On a typical day off work (when it isn't payday) it is really slow. You have to know people to actually make good tips.
Cons
no health insurance, paid time off, sick leave, hired on as part time with no chance of full time.
Productive and good working enviornment
Stand Worker P.O.S (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 5, 2014
ovations is a great compay with good management. Conession stand cashier amd beer port manager
Pros
free lunch, baseball games and football game access
Cons
no healthcare for pt employees
Fun atmosphere, Great People
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Pocola, OKJuly 3, 2014
I ran the day to day operations of one of the Food and Beverage venues inside the casino. Handled all related issues that may occur. Handled employee relations customer service.
great team members
Cashier (Former Employee) –  stockton caMarch 27, 2014
manager played favoritism, some employees had fewer hours than others, some employees weren't given opportunities to better themselves and improve,
great place to work
Cook 2 (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 26, 2014
great atmosphere to work in. hours was great. always exciting.
Pros
free buffet
Cons
part time only.
how it was
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bethel, NYOctober 10, 2013
lack of communication, favoritism, unprofessionalism the department managers were always power hungry and abusing the power they did posses
Cons
sometimes you werent able to take a break because of how busy it got
Fun Place to work
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJApril 15, 2013
customer service i always have a smile on my face and i encourage the staff to do the same. i interact with and work with management/co-workers when ever we are at work. always encouraging everyone to have a positive day. i don't think any part of my job is hard. i love working with people.
Pros
being able to interact with people
Cons
not enough hours
productive and fun work place room for groth
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 14, 2012
typical day at work dishwashing in the morning stocking clean dish ware sweeping moping , wippng tables. good coworkers then some cooking in afternoon.
Pros
good work enviroment
Nice place to work some stressfull times in the begginning yet professional and an overall great place to work.
Warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 3, 2012
Upon starting it was a bit rough to understand what was intended for the job. I was hired as a Warehouse worker and seince the manangment was new they had to revamp the apperiance of the stadium.. Cleaning and such was in order for a month. As of results when the season started we were hurled into our responsabilies and hailed for the quick and smooth transision.Mostly its a tight shift we start and go from there along with waiting on counts we keep busy by checking dispencers for condomets and freezers for stock. As part of a union i have no quarls about the pay..yet it seems like more would be needed but seeing as its a seasonal job nothing less could be expected.
Pros
1/2 off food, fast paced, and games
Cons
mandatory breaks
Enjoyed meeting new people from around the world
Cashier/ Banquet waitress (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OklahomaMarch 8, 2012
Met people from Canada,Europe,Brazil and many others countries it was a fun and exciting job.
Pros
discount tickets for state fair, and other events on fairgrounds, and free meals
Cons
long hours up to 18 hours a day