Ovations Food Service

Ovations Food Service Employer Reviews

Not enough business for to many waitstaff
Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Lawton, OKAugust 24, 2014
Cons: no health insurance, paid time off, sick leave, hired on as part time with no chance of full time.
I enjoyed working with a select few employees. My supervisor is easy to get a long with. The hardest part of the job is there aren't that many people who are in the casino to make money off of tips. With more and more new hires its almost impossible to have a good section. On a typical day off work (when it isn't payday) it is really slow. You have – more... to know people to actually make good tips. – less
Productive and good working enviornment
Stand Worker P.O.S (Current Employee), Oakland, CAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: free lunch, baseball games and football game access
Cons: no healthcare for pt employees
ovations is a great compay with good management. Conession stand cashier amd beer port manager
Fun atmosphere, Great People
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee), Pocola, OKJuly 3, 2014
I ran the day to day operations of one of the Food and Beverage venues inside the casino. Handled all related issues that may occur. Handled employee relations customer service.
great team members
Cashier (Former Employee), stockton caMarch 27, 2014
manager played favoritism, some employees had fewer hours than others, some employees weren't given opportunities to better themselves and improve,
great place to work
Cook 2 (Former Employee), Chandler, AZFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: free buffet
Cons: part time only.
great atmosphere to work in. hours was great. always exciting.
how it was
Cashier (Former Employee), Bethel, NYOctober 10, 2013
Cons: sometimes you werent able to take a break because of how busy it got
lack of communication, favoritism, unprofessionalism the department managers were always power hungry and abusing the power they did posses
Fun Place to work
Crew Leader (Current Employee), Atlantic City, NJApril 15, 2013
Pros: being able to interact with people
Cons: not enough hours
customer service i always have a smile on my face and i encourage the staff to do the same. i interact with and work with management/co-workers when ever we are at work. always encouraging everyone to have a positive day. i don't think any part of my job is hard. i love working with people.
productive and fun work place room for groth
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJuly 14, 2012
Pros: good work enviroment
typical day at work dishwashing in the morning stocking clean dish ware sweeping moping , wippng tables. good coworkers then some cooking in afternoon.
Nice place to work some stressfull times in the begginning yet professional and an overall great place to work.
Warehouse worker (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYMay 3, 2012
Pros: 1/2 off food, fast paced, and games
Cons: mandatory breaks
Upon starting it was a bit rough to understand what was intended for the job. I was hired as a Warehouse worker and seince the manangment was new they had to revamp the apperiance of the stadium.. Cleaning and such was in order for a month. As of results when the season started we were hurled into our responsabilies and hailed for the quick and smooth – more... transision.Mostly its a tight shift we start and go from there along with waiting on counts we keep busy by checking dispencers for condomets and freezers for stock. As part of a union i have no quarls about the pay..yet it seems like more would be needed but seeing as its a seasonal job nothing less could be expected. – less
Enjoyed meeting new people from around the world
Cashier/ Banquet waitress (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OklahomaMarch 8, 2012
Pros: discount tickets for state fair, and other events on fairgrounds, and free meals
Cons: long hours up to 18 hours a day
Met people from Canada,Europe,Brazil and many others countries it was a fun and exciting job.