OVATIONS FOOD SERVICES Employee Reviews in United States

sports entertainment
Concession Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 18, 2016
Hard days work pays off at game time when you get to watch a great game. help find missing kids, or a overly intoxicate lady call a cab, stop robberies and have a blast.
Pros
free lunch, free games, lots of fun
Cons
no benefits
Great Company
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  State College, PA--Unversiy ParkJune 13, 2016
Had wonderful experience working with this company.
Baseball seasoned had ended and companies contract was not renewed.
Fast paced
Concessions Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 8, 2016
Ovation cares a lot about customer experience. Ovations focuses on providing an enjoyable experience to all customers.
Best job ever! I love baseball!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 5, 2016
Best job, nothing like having an office at the stadium!
My boss was great, he trained me and taught me everything he knows! Best part of my job was getting to travel!
Hardest part of my job was when the season ended and you had to wait for baseball to return.
Pros
Working in a stadium and traveling
Cons
Down time when season ended.
Nothing to Say....
Banquet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 2, 2016
I would like to keep this as professional as possible! :)

So i think I will take the time to not say "anything". What an experience that I never want to go through again.
Little guidance from management and poor communication throughout
staff (Current Employee) –  Independence, MODecember 15, 2015
Understaffed and forced to work countless hours for low pay. They're always changing procedures and not communicating these changes clearly to the staff. Only ever had one person from management say thank you!
Pros
Get to work some pretty cool events
Cons
Always working weekends, long hours, low pay
Fun night out at the ballpark!
Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VaOctober 2, 2015
Working at the ballpark can have it's perks: free ballgames! You really enjoy the people you work with/under. They make you feel like a huge family that you see 5 months out of the year. Same with management. They make sure you're taken care of. You wouldn't think it's part-time with how much emotional investment management has for their employees.
Pros
Varying schedule, nice atmosphere, always at a sporting event
Cons
Seasonal, no benefits, foul balls
Hardworking and fun
Grill Cook /Harbor Park (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 29, 2015
If you like minor league baseball this is the job for you it's a productive and fun place to work with a hard working employees a awesome management staff that's work hard for their employee and great customer that com out to enjoy themselves
Pros
employee bucks for food .50 ea 20 bucks for $10.
Cons
aweson breaks
Fast pace casino resturant
Food services cook (Former Employee) –  Grant, OKAugust 18, 2015
Provided good food to casino guests. The goal was to serve individual orders (cooked fresh) in less than 7 minutes to encourage guests to return to the casino and play more games.
Pros
Was able to meet a lot of new acquaintances
Cons
Low pay
Horrible!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  LPZ-Tampa FlJuly 16, 2015
Horrible place to work every manager in this place was against you and didn't care.. Amazing coworkers .. Mainly because we all had the same enemies! Managers did nothing but bark orders and give nothing in return I'll never go back
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Everything else.
Ovations Food Service is a great place to work
Director of Concessions (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 13, 2015
I Have made my career working at Ovations. They have done nothing but progressively honed my skills and promoted me higher in to the company.
Fantastic Non-Profit Work
Crew (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 10, 2015
Worked in the concession stands, through their non-profit program with my girl scout troupe. We learned how to cook food, run tills, and clean up on an industrial scale. The hardest part of the job was learning the till, as it kept changing. The best part of the job was the experiences we gained.
Pros
Great Experiences
Cons
Always busy
good place to work by yourself/ No G.M. support/ No help
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  independence,MoApril 27, 2015
I worked for Ovations at a property for two seasons and almost two years. The first season was fine although there were some issues as there are anywhere. In the off season I cleaned, organized, revised menu's for the next season and got everything in order. Our G.M. then was traveling so we didn't have his hands-on support, but the 3-person management team in place did an excellent job and took care of all issues and events.

After a while, that G.M. decided to take a position elsewhere and had to relocate. The company hired another G.M. a few months later who started at the beginning of the new season. Now all the fun began!!! We had a G.M. that didn't support us, he was not hands-on at all, and had NO clue what his management staff did and had no clue about the business at hand. He actually went out of his way to "irk" people because he thought he knew best. He didn't support anyone; rather spent more time in his office looking at his Twitter account and looking at his computer along with watching sports. He actually walked around the property like a lost puppy dog, because he didn't know what to do. AND he actually used a FORM LETTER with a bunch of lies on it to terminate MY employment. He had no prior documentation or anything and used those LIES to push me out the door.

The corporate sector is not much better because they offered no support during this time and agreed with this dishonest G.M. All the cooks actually quit on my behalf since I got a raw deal. In summary, Ovations is very bad company to work for with little support from the G.M and the Corporate
  more... sector isn't much better. Good Luck if you decide to work for this company; your on your own LITERALLY.  less
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
no communication from upper management/ no support/ no help
Ungrateful and unappreciative
Concessions/Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMarch 31, 2015
The work done at that place is always overlooked and never appreciated. Management always looking for someone to blame when they aren't doing their job.
Pros
free food, nice coworkers
Cons
no recognition for anything you do
interesting and varied jobs within this position
Floor Supervisor, Payroll (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Opening and Closing inventory of each Concession Stand in your assigned area, supervising up to 200 employees. Following all CA laws for breaks, lunches, overtime, and union rules-complete payroll for upload to Controller on a daily basis. Maintain and enter union employee availability and scheduling for individual events. Training assigned new employees and input to upper management as applies.
Pros
varied and interesting position
Cons
part-time on call position
Fast pace but fun
Picnic Attendant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM (Isotope park)February 11, 2015
I worked there for the whole 2014 season. The first thing to say it that we were not properly trained. The manager walked us around the park, and told us what happen at each stations (o-zone, picnic area, captains corner, etc.), they didn't thoroughly explain how thing are set up and how quickly. The supervisors like to play favorites and will only ask them to come on big days. When it comes to alcohol sales, they most of the time, will pick women, or the supervisors will do it themselves and brag about the tip. You would have better chance at the warehouse then any other position.

All in all, it fun, and if you can handle get $100 average pay checks, the stress, and the quick pace, then you should do great here.
Pros
free food, great co-workers, fun!
Cons
play favorites, poor training, sometimes sexiest
Nbt bank stadium is the bomb
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 19, 2015
When you go into a place and the boss greets you every morning with coffee and a doughnut with a ready set go attitude to get you motivated that's the place where you would want to be. I learned it pays to be early in to work and that's how I got my promotion to be a prep-cook for the players, parties, picnics, and concessions. A place where you can interact with the crowd after the game and a good home win even a loss and their still excited because the team put effort into the game. the co-workers all know your name and greet you with a smile and still be excited at the end of the day because its always great to put smiles on the customers faces. It's probably never a bad moment unless we get to busy and concessions run out of a product that we ran out of or didn't have at that time. At the end of the season is the best part because everyone empolyee's managers and bosses wishes each other well until the season starts up again.
Pros
we got to eat and drink what we wanted a majority of the time
Cons
someone catches an attitude and starts slacking and you have to stop what your doing to help them
to have a good attitude going into the day not knowing what to expect
Supervisor, Warehouse,cashier,bartender (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 6, 2015
to start the day with employees,help out the cashiers whem busy,got to handle may different attitudes with both the employees as the customers as well and realized to talk to other people the way theyyou would be wanted to be spoken to.the best part was to enjoy the day and try to make other employees and customers glad they were here todayThe meals were given to all employees and they appreciate them and breaks wre always welcome after busy times
Pros
to enjoy working with the public and seeing different personalities every day
Cons
not having higher management support sometimes, when diffucult situations arise sometimes.
Decent Job if you don't mind a job with no lunch breaks
Food Services (Current Employee) –  Miami, FlNovember 22, 2014
I just started the job, it's an okay job if your a college student. If the management doesn't get organized quickly I can already taste a boat load of bad reviews on yelp coming. Managers and Leaders are disorganized. Bussers make next to nothing on a server's tips (less than 2%), but 10% of an events profits is distributed between team members (automatic gratuity). Terrible staffing problem just like what I've heard of Ovations from the other cities, our location is currently short-staffed, but I'm afraid they might hire too much people.
Keep in mind, I've only just started with them, I have faith that they can possibly improve in the future.
Pros
plenty of hours, interesting people, amazing environment.
Cons
terrible tips, bussers make barely anything in tips.
hard work but can be fun at times.
Cook 5 (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 23, 2014
It was a lot of work, but not a bad place to work. Really high turn over so you have to put in a lot of hours.
Pros
the lunch room and the food
Cons
lots of hours no time for family

OVATIONS FOOD SERVICES Reviews by Location