OVATIONS FOOD SERVICES Employee Reviews

Didn't like this workplace
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  New Hudson, MINovember 14, 2017
This was the worst working environment that I have ever experienced. We were overworked and under paid. The management cared nothing about their workers. People had injuries and were still expected to work.
fun to work the shows but not enough events
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAOctober 16, 2017
Ive worked for them for 15 years. before when it was a family company it was fun and always new. now that its corporate nothing need and prices and quality of food is bad.
Pros
fun events
Cons
low pay
productive
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 23, 2017
it is a very fast working paste job you're standing on your feet for most of the shift your work move around food prepping it cold and hot it can get stressful at times if the order is not ready or the food is not ready for the party or whatever the occasion might be one thing I can say they always want fresh food but other than that I liked it very much you meet new interesting people and get to taste a lot of great food
Easy Going Environment
Stand Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 9, 2017
Not a stable company to work for. Poor hourly pay and no benefits. No paid vacation days or sick days. Also no maternity time off. As well as no breaks or rest periods
Pros
Cons
No breaks or rest periods
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 6, 2017
Great place to work, but like any other place it all depends on management. There's a lot of full and productive days with some slow days, but not too slow to where you're doing nothing.
Job was very fast paced. Management did not care about staff or their needs. Only getting the job done
Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 11, 2017
This job was considered part time seasonal although some weeks we worked 96 hours. We were not allowed to get overtime. An previous employee filed a lawsuit because there were not allowed breaks. At this point we were all ordered to sign out n in on a break sheet even though we were not allowed to take breaks
Cons
No benefits at all
Nonstop event planning and execution, high energy, high pressure environment
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 28, 2017
Perfect corporate model, plenty of room to advance as long as you don't mind working 60+hours a week, on your feet and constantly in front of people. Poor training program with huge expectations and often lacking in resources needed.
Very productive and chilled
Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 27, 2017
Ovations is a great company itself alone and the old boss made it more welcoming even though he was slightly strict. Usually, a typical day would normally be crowded , fun ,hot and a lot of laughter.
Pros
Lengthy Breaks
Cons
Throwing away all that good food, for it to be not servable is understanding
No pay raises
Cook 1/ shipping and receiving (Former Employee) –  Pocola, OKMay 25, 2017
Your under paid and unappreciated. The pay sucks. No benefits. Good for start out at.I worked here for years never got a pay raise. Never guarantee you will have a job tomorrow.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Low paying jobs
Awarding but hard work
Restaurant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Devol, OKMay 24, 2017
There are some slow days but there are days when we have 3-5 events going on and it's hard to give the attention and time that I would desire to each event. You work long hours on the days of events and also the day leading up to the event. Trying to get things done can be frustrating depending on if the operations team get in and does what they need to on time. If they don't then I go in and start doing it so I can do my job.This is the position I'm currently at with Ovations now called Spectra. The first position in Devol, Okl. we were short handed all the time because the Comanche tribe had to approve our workers before being hired and took a long time getting them through the process.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short handed
workplace
Event Chef (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 15, 2017
Great environment always fast pace. But they give very few hours to work as a single a paycheck of 90.00 dollars was nothing to pay bills that why I stoped working with them> also they don't let new commers grow
Great Company
Cook (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 27, 2017
I liked working for Chef Jerry at Sloan Park for the Chicago Cubs Spring Training. Ovations was a great company to work for and the Co workers were great as well.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
very fast paced
its been a long time
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 24, 2017
I have not worked there for a long time so I dont know how it is now. When I was working there it was great but my friend was working the just recently said there were new owners and they did not get along so she had to quit. And she did a lot for them. From what I understand nobody that I no still works there. But when I did I love woring there.
Pros
dont know now
Cons
dont know now
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 3, 2017
It's a lot of fun to work here, but the management needs to grow. There is always room for improvement when it comes to the safety and comfort of staff members and customers, so please be aware of harassment, especially in the sports bar setting in which I worked. You get a lot of hours in a week, and tips really help.
Pros
Tips, minimum wage, fun environment
easy to work for
Cook (Former Employee) –  Grant, OK 74738February 27, 2017
Laid back company. Easy to work with while i was still working with the Choctaw casino. Hours were not that much but it was a second job
Great work atmosphere to work .
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Ovations is great for anyone who loves customer service .the work place is nice and productive, i learned plenty of skills here during my time of employment.
Pros
Free lunch, stretchable schedules, great pay
Cons
By weekly payment, EXTREMELY seasonal
Busy work place gain a lot experience room to move up
Stand Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 22, 2016
When I first started I was a cashier and food prep I then moved up and became a stand manger and back up manger so it is ways to move up and advance in the company it is a good way to meet new people and learn new things
Pros
Baseball games, home of the Raiders
Cons
Company was new could use improvement
Good place to work overall
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 28, 2016
Starting salary is tough for the job required.. a lot of difficult work and long hours. Overall though it is a very enjoyable industry.
Can be fun at times but management ruins the everything
Office Manager/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 3, 2016
High turn over for a reason. Managers are usually not qualified for the positions, Corp office expects you to do 3 jobs at a time when no management is in place, and not give you any training. No value for hard working employees. Pay is awful.
Pros
Relaxed Environment
Cons
Management, Compensation
Such a fun job.
Buser (Former Employee) –  Bethel, NYOctober 2, 2016
It was fun but slow at times. The not so slow nights were rough. I would definitely apply there next year. It's good pay and there's different jobs you could do there.
Pros
free drinks. Sometimes food
Cons
tough nights