OVATIONS FOOD SERVICES Employee Reviews

Busy work place gain a lot experience room to move up
Stand Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 22, 2016
When I first started I was a cashier and food prep I then moved up and became a stand manger and back up manger so it is ways to move up and advance in the company it is a good way to meet new people and learn new things
Pros
Baseball games, home of the Raiders
Cons
Company was new could use improvement
Good place to work overall
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 28, 2016
Starting salary is tough for the job required.. a lot of difficult work and long hours. Overall though it is a very enjoyable industry.
Can be fun at times but management ruins the everything
Office Manager/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 3, 2016
High turn over for a reason. Managers are usually not qualified for the positions, Corp office expects you to do 3 jobs at a time when no management is in place, and not give you any training. No value for hard working employees. Pay is awful.
Pros
Relaxed Environment
Cons
Management, Compensation
Such a fun job.
Buser (Former Employee) –  Bethel, NYOctober 2, 2016
It was fun but slow at times. The not so slow nights were rough. I would definitely apply there next year. It's good pay and there's different jobs you could do there.
Pros
free drinks. Sometimes food
Cons
tough nights
sports entertainment
Concession Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 18, 2016
Hard days work pays off at game time when you get to watch a great game. help find missing kids, or a overly intoxicate lady call a cab, stop robberies and have a blast.
Pros
free lunch, free games, lots of fun
Cons
no benefits
Productive workplace
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 16, 2016
I had to make sure the dine in was clean and always was taking orders having to smile. Also I had to always help the drive through out if I had no customers.
Pros
Had a lot of hours.
Cons
Didn't get along with some co-workers
Great Company
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  State College, PA--Unversiy ParkJune 13, 2016
Had wonderful experience working with this company.
Baseball seasoned had ended and companies contract was not renewed.
Fast paced
Concessions Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 8, 2016
Ovation cares a lot about customer experience. Ovations focuses on providing an enjoyable experience to all customers.
Best job ever! I love baseball!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 5, 2016
Best job, nothing like having an office at the stadium!
My boss was great, he trained me and taught me everything he knows! Best part of my job was getting to travel!
Hardest part of my job was when the season ended and you had to wait for baseball to return.
Pros
Working in a stadium and traveling
Cons
Down time when season ended.
Nothing to Say....
Banquet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 2, 2016
I would like to keep this as professional as possible! :)

So i think I will take the time to not say "anything". What an experience that I never want to go through again.
Little guidance from management and poor communication throughout
staff (Current Employee) –  Independence, MODecember 15, 2015
Understaffed and forced to work countless hours for low pay. They're always changing procedures and not communicating these changes clearly to the staff. Only ever had one person from management say thank you!
Pros
Get to work some pretty cool events
Cons
Always working weekends, long hours, low pay
Fun night out at the ballpark!
Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VaOctober 2, 2015
Working at the ballpark can have it's perks: free ballgames! You really enjoy the people you work with/under. They make you feel like a huge family that you see 5 months out of the year. Same with management. They make sure you're taken care of. You wouldn't think it's part-time with how much emotional investment management has for their employees.
Pros
Varying schedule, nice atmosphere, always at a sporting event
Cons
Seasonal, no benefits, foul balls
Hardworking and fun
Grill Cook /Harbor Park (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 29, 2015
If you like minor league baseball this is the job for you it's a productive and fun place to work with a hard working employees a awesome management staff that's work hard for their employee and great customer that com out to enjoy themselves
Pros
employee bucks for food .50 ea 20 bucks for $10.
Cons
aweson breaks
Fast pace casino resturant
Food services cook (Former Employee) –  Grant, OKAugust 18, 2015
Provided good food to casino guests. The goal was to serve individual orders (cooked fresh) in less than 7 minutes to encourage guests to return to the casino and play more games.
Pros
Was able to meet a lot of new acquaintances
Cons
Low pay
Horrible!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  LPZ-Tampa FlJuly 16, 2015
Horrible place to work every manager in this place was against you and didn't care.. Amazing coworkers .. Mainly because we all had the same enemies! Managers did nothing but bark orders and give nothing in return I'll never go back
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Everything else.
Ovations Food Service is a great place to work
Director of Concessions (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 13, 2015
I Have made my career working at Ovations. They have done nothing but progressively honed my skills and promoted me higher in to the company.
Fantastic Non-Profit Work
Crew (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 10, 2015
Worked in the concession stands, through their non-profit program with my girl scout troupe. We learned how to cook food, run tills, and clean up on an industrial scale. The hardest part of the job was learning the till, as it kept changing. The best part of the job was the experiences we gained.
Pros
Great Experiences
Cons
Always busy
good place to work by yourself/ No G.M. support/ No help
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  independence,MoApril 27, 2015
I worked for Ovations at a property for two seasons and almost two years. The first season was fine although there were some issues as there are anywhere. In the off season I cleaned, organized, revised menu's for the next season and got everything in order. Our G.M. then was traveling so we didn't have his hands-on support, but the 3-person management team in place did an excellent job and took care of all issues and events.

After a while, that G.M. decided to take a position elsewhere and had to relocate. The company hired another G.M. a few months later who started at the beginning of the new season. Now all the fun began!!! We had a G.M. that didn't support us, he was not hands-on at all, and had NO clue what his management staff did and had no clue about the business at hand. He actually went out of his way to "irk" people because he thought he knew best. He didn't support anyone; rather spent more time in his office looking at his Twitter account and looking at his computer along with watching sports. He actually walked around the property like a lost puppy dog, because he didn't know what to do. AND he actually used a FORM LETTER with a bunch of lies on it to terminate MY employment. He had no prior documentation or anything and used those LIES to push me out the door.

The corporate sector is not much better because they offered no support during this time and agreed with this dishonest G.M. All the cooks actually quit on my behalf since I got a raw deal. In summary, Ovations is very bad company to work for with little support from the G.M and the Corporate
  more... sector isn't much better. Good Luck if you decide to work for this company; your on your own LITERALLY.  less
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
no communication from upper management/ no support/ no help
Ungrateful and unappreciative
Concessions/Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMarch 31, 2015
The work done at that place is always overlooked and never appreciated. Management always looking for someone to blame when they aren't doing their job.
Pros
free food, nice coworkers
Cons
no recognition for anything you do
interesting and varied jobs within this position
Floor Supervisor, Payroll (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Opening and Closing inventory of each Concession Stand in your assigned area, supervising up to 200 employees. Following all CA laws for breaks, lunches, overtime, and union rules-complete payroll for upload to Controller on a daily basis. Maintain and enter union employee availability and scheduling for individual events. Training assigned new employees and input to upper management as applies.
Pros
varied and interesting position
Cons
part-time on call position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OVATIONS FOOD SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.

OVATIONS FOOD SERVICES Reviews by Location