OVATIONS FOOD SERVICES

OVATIONS FOOD SERVICES United States Employee Reviews

Ungrateful and unappreciative
Concessions/Bar Manager (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMarch 31, 2015
Pros: free food, nice coworkers
Cons: no recognition for anything you do
The work done at that place is always overlooked and never appreciated. Management always looking for someone to blame when they aren't doing their job.
interesting and varied jobs within this position
Floor Supervisor, Payroll (Current Employee), Oakland, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: varied and interesting position
Cons: part-time on call position
Opening and Closing inventory of each Concession Stand in your assigned area, supervising up to 200 employees. Following all CA laws for breaks, lunches, overtime, and union rules-complete payroll for upload to Controller on a daily basis. Maintain and enter union employee availability and scheduling for individual events. Training assigned new employees and input to upper management as applies.
Fast pace but fun
Picnic Attendant (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NM (Isotope park)February 11, 2015
Pros: free food, great co-workers, fun!
Cons: play favorites, poor training, sometimes sexiest
I worked there for the whole 2014 season. The first thing to say it that we were not properly trained. The manager walked us around the park, and told us what happen at each stations (o-zone, picnic area, captains corner, etc.), they didn't thoroughly explain how thing are set up and how quickly. The supervisors like to play favorites and will only ask them to come on big days. When it comes to alcohol sales, they most of the time, will pick women, or the supervisors will do it themselves and brag about the tip. You would have better chance at the warehouse then any other position.

All in all, it fun, and if you can handle get $100 average pay checks, the stress, and the quick pace, then you should do great here.
NBT BANK STADIUM IS THE BOMB
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: we got to eat and drink what we wanted a majority of the time
Cons: someone catches an attitude and starts slacking and you have to stop what your doing to help them
When you go into a place and the boss greets you every morning with coffee and a doughnut with a ready set go attitude to get you motivated that's the place where you would want to be. I learned it pays to be early in to work and that's how I got my promotion to be a prep-cook for the players, parties, picnics, and concessions. A place where you can interact with the crowd after the game and a good home win even a loss and their still excited because the team put effort into the game. the co-workers all know your name and greet you with a smile and still be excited at the end of the day because its always great to put smiles on the customers faces. It's probably never a bad moment unless we get to busy and concessions run out of a product that we ran out of or didn't have at that time. At the end of the season is the best part because everyone empolyee's managers and bosses wishes each other well until the season starts up again.
to have a good attitude going into the day not knowing what to expect
Supervisor, Warehouse,cashier,bartender (Current Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: to enjoy working with the public and seeing different personalities every day
Cons: not having higher management support sometimes, when diffucult situations arise sometimes.
to start the day with employees,help out the cashiers whem busy,got to handle may different attitudes with both the employees as the customers as well and realized to talk to other people the way theyyou would be wanted to be spoken to.the best part was to enjoy the day and try to make other employees and customers glad they were here todayThe meals were given to all employees and they appreciate them and breaks wre always welcome after busy times
Decent Job if you don't mind a job with no lunch breaks
Food Services (Current Employee), Miami, FlNovember 22, 2014
Pros: plenty of hours, interesting people, amazing environment.
Cons: terrible tips, bussers make barely anything in tips.
I just started the job, it's an okay job if your a college student. If the management doesn't get organized quickly I can already taste a boat load of bad reviews on yelp coming. Managers and Leaders are disorganized. Bussers make next to nothing on a server's tips (less than 2%), but 10% of an events profits is distributed between team members (automatic gratuity). Terrible staffing problem just like what I've heard of Ovations from the other cities, our location is currently short-staffed, but I'm afraid they might hire too much people.
Keep in mind, I've only just started with them, I have faith that they can possibly improve in the future.
hard work but can be fun at times.
Cook 5 (Former Employee), Chandler, AZOctober 23, 2014
Pros: the lunch room and the food
Cons: lots of hours no time for family
It was a lot of work, but not a bad place to work. Really high turn over so you have to put in a lot of hours.
Working at a baseball park was great fun.
Utility/dishwasher (Former Employee), El Paso, TXOctober 2, 2014
Pros: fireworks after the game on saturdays. the mascot "chico" was a hit with the children.
The coworkers at Ovations were like family. We all did our best to provide hot, good quality food to the baseball fans. The ballpark was voted "Best Ballpark in the Country". During construction, not a single accident occurred.
fun place to work if you like baseball
cook (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYSeptember 29, 2014
i cooked pizzas and helped out customers at the registers.Overall it was a good job but the employees got treated really badly.
Easy going
Manager (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJune 3, 2014
Variety of work settings available throughout company. Events range from fairs, trade shows and weddings.
Rough but interesting
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Laveen, AZApril 17, 2014
Pros: extremely cheap meal plan, good pay, great co workers
Cons: erratic commands from management
Long hours left very little time for home and considering it was the opening of a new establishment there was very little cohesion in what was told from one moment to the next.

Also, being a contracted company working within another company that itself is regulated by more than one group you are constantly being told what do do by more than a few people, often with a conflicting demand from each person.
very productive
Cashier (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYApril 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: bi weekly pay
always on my feet and got to see the baseball games every night I had to work. no set days of the week that I had to work unless there was a game that day and I got to move around a lot and learn different things of the different concessions learned how to use a register and to also deal with people. management was a little rude and it was a union based job. I worked very hard since I had this and another job and it was in an open stadium so I got to kind of be outside which I liked
A great place to work & earn experience.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Salem, NCFebruary 3, 2014
I really enjoy working with the whole ovations team at Wake Forest University. It is a fast pace environment & we like to stay busy.

A day at work is never the same. Sometimes I am only at work for a regular 6-8 hour day, but then there are days I am there for over 12 hours. We usually have multiple functions each day. This usually depends on the schedule of the athletic department at Wake Forest & we have pop-up events on a regular basis. A pop-up event would be something that we have very little notice about.

Our busiest days are usually sporting events like football & basketball games. I have had multiple jobs during the four football games I worked last year. They included supervising an entire floor, bartending, feeding the recruits prior to the game or the cheerleaders during half time.

During Basketball game days my responsibilities are usually the same. I am always in charge of setting up & executing the team meal for men's & women's basketball. The team meal is always four hours prior to the actual game. Sometimes the team will eat at the coliseum where they play & ovations has their kitchen but sometimes I have to transport the food & equipment to a room on the campus of the university. After I am finished with my function I am usually a floater during the games. We have a lot going on at one time, including a room called the moricle society, staff meals, snack rooms, multiple suites & anything else that is booked for that particular day. During the games I am available to help out in whatever situation needs immediate attention.

The most enjoyable part of my job – more... would have to be the feeling I have prior to any busy day. When I look over all my banquet order forms(BEO) & I know that I am completely prepared to execute my functions with little to no stress. Preparation is key in my position since we usually have so many things happening at once.

This can also be the hardest part of my job. Making sure that everything is in place & prepared can be difficult but at the end of the day its very rewarding.

This position has taught me a lot about all the operations that actually go into an event of the magnitude of a football game, basketball game or concert. There are many different companies that work to make these events happen. I've been lucky to meet & learn from many different people who make these events happen. – less
Good place to start, could be a long-term career
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), IowaJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: ability to be involved with special events and local celebrities, almost always free or at least cheap food
Cons: long hours on nights and weekends, absence of health care
It is cool to be involved with the special events and work with many different people and non-profit groups as well as the varying customer base.
The management does its best to make things work, but the corporate politics make it hard to give adequate pay, hours, or common sense. Co-workers and management are always personable, so long as you are as well. They know the job that needs to be done, you just need to be respectable when asking them to do the job.
Minor leage baseball enviroment
General Manager (Former Employee), Jackson, TNNovember 1, 2013
Long hours during baseball season managing seasonal and full time staff. Worked 60 to 70 hours a week during the season and had more than 1,000,000 in sales during 70 games.
Productive fun workplace in a sports setting.
Supervising Cook (Current Employee), Papillion, NESeptember 3, 2013
Pros: flexible working times and great co workers
Cons: seasonal
Fast paced environment interacting with all kinds of people. Supervisory role over cooks while keeping a positive work setting and exceeding Nebraska Food Code standards.
NO SUPPORT-Terrible Company
Management (Former Employee), WestJune 30, 2013
Pros: experience and people at the facility you work at.
Cons: no corporate management support, terrible benefits, unethical.
This company will suck the life out of you. No appreciation when you give so much. The typical 40 hour salaried work week turns into 60 plus hours but paid for 40. Corporate management dictates how the business should be run when they don't have a clue. They've tried to break into the hotel industry and don't have a clue how a hotel should be run. Don't work for them, it's all about the money to them, how much they can suck out of the companies they are managing, not the workers and what they give.
It was very fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee), Glens Falls, NYJune 19, 2013
Pros: we were able to bring home food at the end of the night
Cons: not many
It was fast paced which meant there was always something to be done and you were never standing there with too much time on your hands bored.
A great place for employment when you coming out of high school
Kitchen Cook (Former Employee), Portland, ORMay 31, 2013
Pros: free lunches, free blazer games(while your working), great atmosphere, caring co workers, caring managers
Cons: no home games no work, ovations is no longer contracted to the rose quarter
Everyone is willing to help each other, including the head chefs and lead cooks. Working hours aver very sufficient, as well as the work load not being too demanding. The best part of the job is having face to face time with customers. The hardest part of the job is that you don't get any work when the team(trailblazers) have and away game and Ovations is no longer contracted to the Rose Garden, which is why I am currently laid off. I have no regrets working there and I am thankful for the opportunity that I had to do so.
Very Nice Atmosphere
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee), Salisbury, MDMay 29, 2013
Pros: half off products for employees
Ovations is proactive, wonderful and very nice to work at. I was only a small part of it but I love working there and the management is very hands on.

About OVATIONS FOOD SERVICES

Ovations Food Services is a company whose purpose is to deliver fresh food and beverage with exceptional services to public assembly – Read more

OVATIONS FOOD SERVICES Salaries