OVATIONS FOOD SERVICES

OVATIONS FOOD SERVICES Employer Reviews

Working at a baseball park was great fun.
Utility/dishwasher (Former Employee), El Paso, TXOctober 2, 2014
Pros: fireworks after the game on saturdays. the mascot "chico" was a hit with the children.
The coworkers at Ovations were like family. We all did our best to provide hot, good quality food to the baseball fans. The ballpark was voted "Best Ballpark in the Country". During construction, not a single accident occurred.
fun place to work if you like baseball
cook (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYSeptember 29, 2014
i cooked pizzas and helped out customers at the registers.Overall it was a good job but the employees got treated really badly.
Easy going
Manager (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJune 3, 2014
Variety of work settings available throughout company. Events range from fairs, trade shows and weddings.
Rough but interesting
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Laveen, AZApril 17, 2014
Pros: extremely cheap meal plan, good pay, great co workers
Cons: erratic commands from management
Long hours left very little time for home and considering it was the opening of a new establishment there was very little cohesion in what was told from one moment to the next.

Also, being a contracted company working within another company that itself is regulated by more than one group you are constantly being told what do do by more than a few people, – more... often with a conflicting demand from each person. – less
very productive
Cashier (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYApril 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: bi weekly pay
always on my feet and got to see the baseball games every night I had to work. no set days of the week that I had to work unless there was a game that day and I got to move around a lot and learn different things of the different concessions learned how to use a register and to also deal with people. management was a little rude and it was a union based – more... job. I worked very hard since I had this and another job and it was in an open stadium so I got to kind of be outside which I liked – less
A great place to work & earn experience.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Salem, NCFebruary 3, 2014
I really enjoy working with the whole ovations team at Wake Forest University. It is a fast pace environment & we like to stay busy.

A day at work is never the same. Sometimes I am only at work for a regular 6-8 hour day, but then there are days I am there for over 12 hours. We usually have multiple functions each day. This usually depends on the schedule – more... of the athletic department at Wake Forest & we have pop-up events on a regular basis. A pop-up event would be something that we have very little notice about.

Our busiest days are usually sporting events like football & basketball games. I have had multiple jobs during the four football games I worked last year. They included supervising an entire floor, bartending, feeding the recruits prior to the game or the cheerleaders during half time.

During Basketball game days my responsibilities are usually the same. I am always in charge of setting up & executing the team meal for men's & women's basketball. The team meal is always four hours prior to the actual game. Sometimes the team will eat at the coliseum where they play & ovations has their kitchen but sometimes I have to transport the food & equipment to a room on the campus of the university. After I am finished with my function I am usually a floater during the games. We have a lot going on at one time, including a room called the moricle society, staff meals, snack rooms, multiple suites & anything else that is booked for that particular day. During the games I am available to help out in whatever situation needs immediate attention.

The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be the feeling I have prior to any busy day. When I look over all my banquet order forms(BEO) & I know that I am completely prepared to execute my functions with little to no stress. Preparation is key in my position since we usually have so many things happening at once.

This can also be the hardest part of my job. Making sure that everything is in place & prepared can be difficult but at the end of the day its very rewarding.

This position has taught me a lot about all the operations that actually go into an event of the magnitude of a football game, basketball game or concert. There are many different companies that work to make these events happen. I've been lucky to meet & learn from many different people who make these events happen. – less
Good place to start, could be a long-term career
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), IowaJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: ability to be involved with special events and local celebrities, almost always free or at least cheap food
Cons: long hours on nights and weekends, absence of health care
It is cool to be involved with the special events and work with many different people and non-profit groups as well as the varying customer base.
The management does its best to make things work, but the corporate politics make it hard to give adequate pay, hours, or common sense. Co-workers and management are always personable, so long as you are as – more... well. They know the job that needs to be done, you just need to be respectable when asking them to do the job. – less
Minor leage baseball enviroment
General Manager (Former Employee), Jackson, TNNovember 1, 2013
Long hours during baseball season managing seasonal and full time staff. Worked 60 to 70 hours a week during the season and had more than 1,000,000 in sales during 70 games.
Productive fun workplace in a sports setting.
Supervising Cook (Current Employee), Papillion, NESeptember 3, 2013
Pros: flexible working times and great co workers
Cons: seasonal
Fast paced environment interacting with all kinds of people. Supervisory role over cooks while keeping a positive work setting and exceeding Nebraska Food Code standards.
NO SUPPORT-Terrible Company
Management (Former Employee), WestJune 30, 2013
Pros: experience and people at the facility you work at.
Cons: no corporate management support, terrible benefits, unethical.
This company will suck the life out of you. No appreciation when you give so much. The typical 40 hour salaried work week turns into 60 plus hours but paid for 40. Corporate management dictates how the business should be run when they don't have a clue. They've tried to break into the hotel industry and don't have a clue how a hotel should be run. Don't – more... work for them, it's all about the money to them, how much they can suck out of the companies they are managing, not the workers and what they give. – less
It was very fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee), Glens Falls, NYJune 19, 2013
Pros: we were able to bring home food at the end of the night
Cons: not many
It was fast paced which meant there was always something to be done and you were never standing there with too much time on your hands bored.
A great place for employment when you coming out of high school
Kitchen Cook (Former Employee), Portland, ORMay 31, 2013
Pros: free lunches, free blazer games(while your working), great atmosphere, caring co workers, caring managers
Cons: no home games no work, ovations is no longer contracted to the rose quarter
Everyone is willing to help each other, including the head chefs and lead cooks. Working hours aver very sufficient, as well as the work load not being too demanding. The best part of the job is having face to face time with customers. The hardest part of the job is that you don't get any work when the team(trailblazers) have and away game and Ovations – more... is no longer contracted to the Rose Garden, which is why I am currently laid off. I have no regrets working there and I am thankful for the opportunity that I had to do so. – less
Very Nice Atmosphere
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee), Salisbury, MDMay 29, 2013
Pros: half off products for employees
Ovations is proactive, wonderful and very nice to work at. I was only a small part of it but I love working there and the management is very hands on.
Productive Workplace, Fast Paced
Customer Service (Former Employee), Albuquerque, New MexicoMay 6, 2013
Co-workers are great. Job is seasonal, not much hours. I learned how to organize events for parties who made reservations.
Ovations
home office (Current Employee), lutzMay 6, 2013
I’ve been at ovations a few years and YES we work hard and YES the expectations are high but this is what a GROWING company is all about. I am perfectly happy there.
Interesting environment
Cashier/Food Runner (Former Employee), Bowie, MDMarch 3, 2013
Ovations at Bowie Baysox Stadium is very interesting. They have the restaurant in the suites, the concessions, and Black Angus Grill. The management wasn't communicating very well, but things can change over a year. We serve great food and great customer service.
Great workplace environment with exceptional staff and management.
Kitchen Cook (Current Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 16, 2013
Would assist with preparation of food items for multiple events and customers.
Avoid this place!!!
Underpaid Overworked Employee (Former Employee), Lutz, FLDecember 18, 2012
They will suck the life out of you... during the time that I worked at the home office I watched 15 people (out of a total of 30) go in and out of this place. When I left there were another 10 employees looking for others jobs. The management is horrible!! There are so many great people there who give that place their all to get absolutely nothing back – more... in return. They waste so much money in turnover by having to recruit new employees. If they were smart they would use that money to retain the talent that they already have. Whatever you do, DO NOT go to work for this place as you will regret it!! – less

December 23, 2012

I totally agree with you!!! I worked there as a temporary one time for six weeks and was treated horribly by management. So many people there were unhappy and looking for other jobs. They were very overworked and acted like they were afraid to take a lunch break. The V.P. of Finance was a female and the controller as well, not sure if the same ones are still there or not. Someone over them needs to listen up !!!!

December 27, 2012

Prior employee of Ovations, what a joke. Management is the worse I have ever seen. You will work your butt off and not even get a thank you and Personnel does not know what they are doing. Its sad, because its a great job, great environment, great people, but management is inexperienced and the biggest SNOBS in the world. And I am one of the 15 people above that left.

December 29, 2012

Finally - a review from someone at the home office. Working in the field isn't so bad as you can see from the other comments however the home office is a completely different story. I am also one of the 15 that left and I am so thankful that I did. It might actually be a great place to work if they would get rid of the VP of Finance, Controller and Assistant Controller. They are the ones controlling things and they are the PROBLEM!!! None of the issues go above them so the Owner/CEO doesn't have a clue that their home office is falling apart all because of the horrible management they have in place. One week, even one day in this place and you will see that Hell on Earth does exist.

December 29, 2012

I have to agree with the comments already made - I can't stress enough how miserable I was during my time with Ovations. This has to be the worst place I have ever worked. The Management is HORRIBLE, all three (VP of Finance, Controller and Asst Controller) have ZERO personality and HR is right behind them, if you're not included in their "click", then rest assured, you will be treated like garbage. The best thing I can say I did, was leave that negative place.

March 31, 2013

So glad someone had something to say about the home office. Worse place I ever worked. I tried everything to get along with these people. The HR department is a joke, I can't believe they weren't sued more than what was common knowledge. Even if you are desperate for a job, avoid working there. You will be sorry and they think nothing of firing people for the pettiest of things.

This was a fun fast paced enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Portland, ORDecember 9, 2012
The people I worked with (management, other crew) were knowledgeable in all that was needed. The training that was needed was well taught. We worked all Blazer games and other events at rose garden.
Very good environment and fast paced.
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee), Fresno, CASeptember 16, 2012
Very good to work, a lot of customer service and a lot of team work.

About OVATIONS FOOD SERVICES

Ovations Food Services is a company whose purpose is to deliver fresh food and beverage with exceptional services to public assembly – Read more