The Operations assistant will be responsible for establishing, updating crew loading/milestone schedules. Be the primary backup for the dispatcher and safety department administrative duties. The operations assistant reports to the Vice President/ General Superintendent.
C. Overaa & Co. employees are required to adhere to all company policies and procedures.
Work cooperatively within a team environment to achieve project success.
Safety department duties:
- Will include building site specific safety plans with information provided by the Safety Engineer, Project Team or Work Acquisition Group
- Assist in scheduling safety trainings and recording the information in the safety training data base.
- Track jobsite survey forms and notify Safety Officer when these are not being provided on required dates so they can follow up with the project team to insure this is done.
- Set up jobsites with required postings and safety signage, providing clinic information and fill other requirements for project startups as needed.
- Back-up Workers Compensation claims when HR team is unavailable
- Establish a crew loading/ milestone schedule for each project and update this bi weekly with information provided by the project team. Use this information along with weekly look ahead schedules to maintain and update the company manpower projections bi-weekly.
Dispatch duties (backup):
- Working with the dispatcher the operations assistant should become familiar with all aspects of dispatching craftsmen, and will service as the backup person to the full-time Dispatcher.
- This will include moving people in our access system, from project to project and helping with payroll when needed. Becoming familiar with the trades we employ and the work assigned to the different trades.
- What types of prerequisites each type of project will typically have, special trainings or certifications, specific site requirement’s.
- Should be knowledgeable in other pre-employment requirements that are needed (drug testing etc.) and be able to schedule those before the craftsmen are needed on the project.
- Take phone calls from Superintendents and Craftsmen and return all calls that day. This should be done timely and accurately even if you can’t meet the requests or the craftsmen are not needed the next day.
- QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- 2+ years of experience in construction administration for a general contractor or subcontractor. Experience working directly-in the Safety Department is a plus.
- Proficient in office software applications, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: (attributes to be successful in the job)
- Core Values: Embraces company core values.
- High level of professionalism.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a team environment.
- Consistent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Takes initiative to understand all aspects of what needs to be done to complete an assignment, going beyond strict translation of what has been said.
- Learning attitude.
- Results orientated.
- Proficient in Internet and E-mail applications.
- Works well with numbers.
- Planning/Organization/Time Management Skills.
COMMITMENTS /CHARACTERISTICS OF EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE:
- Understands and identifies priorities and effectively coordinates.
- Excellent follow through on assignments and conveys status without having to be asked.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrates consistently helpful and collaborative behavior.
Hourly wage/Annualized to approximate salary
Benefits: See attached Benefits Summary
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
The position requires work in an office environment or a job site trailer, with prolonged sitting. Extensive typing and computer work is required. Bending/stooping for filing work. Ability to lift 25 lbs.
Note: This job description reflects a summary of the job and does not prescribe or restrict the responsibilities that may be assigned. The job description is subject to change at any time.