OverDrive, Inc Employee Reviews

Positive Environment, Great Pay
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 17, 2015
I love working here and I appreciate all that management continues to do to help build a great environment to be a part of.

I have had the opportunity to grow with the company, be given opportunities to be challenged in my work, have the freedom to make decisions and implement those ideas, and have fun throughout the day.

I have great benefits, a ton of perks (it is nice to work at a software company), casual work environment, fun people to work with, and a positive environment that you enjoy being a part of.

If you meet your goals and do your work you are rewarded generously through salary increases.

I have recommended a few friends to work here and they too love being here.
Pros
Great People, Great Pay, Warm Environment, Great Product
Cons
You have to enjoy a fast pace environment
Current Employee
Support (Current Employee) –  Garfield Hts, OhMay 23, 2015
I enjoy working here; however, there are issues with management in some departments.

Great benefits and great culture.

Co-workers are fun to hang out with.
Pros
Benefits
Cons
Some management
Not the best company to work to for.
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHApril 22, 2015
Working here has showed that you do not matter as an employee. If you are not buddy-buddy with management, it's like walking on eggshells everyday. The starting pay is low and the raises are a joke. Getting promoted takes forever and when you do, it's like a slap in the face but they make you feel like you should be grateful. I will say this is the best company that covers up their real problems. Everything is sugar coated and you are often blindsided. Management is a joke.

Pass this place up if you want a life outside of work.
Worst job I ever had
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHMay 15, 2014
I worked for OverDrive over seven years. My first manger was awesome and I highly recommend him! My last manager was horrific!

One of my colleagues who filled in for me while I was on leave asks me what I plan to do when I return back to work. I told her the same role and she laughed at me. The day I get back from leave, my colleague who filled in for me gave me a bad review and was offered my position. I had my son four weeks early and I could not back myself up while I was on leave. My manager switched me into a new role for ninety days and terminated me. (great way to avoid a law suit)

When my manager terminated me she wrote me up on an item she never followed up with me on. I was shocked when I read it but, I didn't comment -- it wasn't worth the argument.

Several times my manager could not help me with an unique task. She understands her teams processes but when it comes down to doing the actual process, she does not understand it. I would overhear her ask others on how to do the process. She is great at canned responses.

If you decide to work in Library Partner Services, get used to saying canned / sugar coated responses to paying customers to cover up items OverDrive does not share with them.

I was fortunate my salary was decent because I started out on the UI team. Expect to make under market value especially working with 10 plus others on a team doing same role. (think of it as a sweat shop)

They are experiencing a high turnover rate right now. They have lost some talented people.

I do not recommend this company to anyone. The structure
  more... and politics of this company is horrific.  less
Cons
Worst manager / bad politics
Low Pay, You are expendable to them
Account Associate (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 25, 2013
This company has benefitted from their growth during an economic downturn. They are able to get away with very low salaries, and treating employees disrespectfully. Do not plan on any sort of advancement, as it is not available. Also, they will lie right to your face. Stay away.
Cons
low pay, no advancement opportunities