Overhead Door Corporation Employee Reviews

Horrible culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 17, 2017
Avoid this place if possible. CEO has checked out but still shows up. Most poorly run large company I've ever seen. There are some great people there but they are so micro-managed nothing gets done.
Pros
benefits were competitive
Cons
very poor company culture
Installer/Service Technician (Former Employee) –  PAApril 26, 2017
The management was unfair due to his children working for him. They got first dibs and made more. I did learn a lot at this job like how to install doors and fix doors.
Pros
Full time insurance
Cons
Not organized
My first job
Bookkeeping Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 13, 2017
I like working for Overhead Door, it was my first job. I liked the people and the atmosphere of the office, everyone was helpful and friendly. I would recommend it.
A leading Industry
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lewistown, PAApril 4, 2017
Overhead door gave me the opportunity to learn how residential and commercial doors are manufactured. While at this company, I worked in many different departments and enjoyed each one.
Pros
Decent paying job
Cons
Standing long hours
productive, fun, sweaty job
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 24, 2017
Great love it here. love the people wish i could come back and work there but maybe on a different department there. everything is great. long hours lunch goes by fast nice breaks
Very productive and high positivity while working
Garage Door Installer (Former Employee) –  Greater Philadelphia and New JerseyMarch 3, 2017
I started overhead doors and dock levelers the summer after high school and advanced quickly from 80$ daily to 90 in two weeks. Then 100 daily a week later due to fast learning and hustle. I understand the mechanics they came naturally I was always good with my hands. I've done concrete in the summertime through high school prepping and forming and certain finish work. Understand concrete well also and this position I believe I would flourish in and would not be a waste of time. I am a great asset to any job I've ever had
Pros
Good boss and co-workers
Cons
Not consistent enough work
Productive great place to work for experienced most of my training from this company
Service Technician and Installer (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLFebruary 27, 2017
Started at this company and as an hour didn't know anything about garage doors. When I was done they pump me up to the $17 an hour and I know you the ins and outs of the garage door business how to put them up have to tear them down up to service them.
i learned new and interesting aspects of how different doors are made at this company.it was a very interesting experience.
Door Assembler (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJanuary 25, 2017
i learned different parts of the job,from where the doors are being shipped to,to the different sizes of the doors.the management was superb,as they made sure no door was sent out with any kinds of defects or imperfections.the work culture was safe and free of any hazards that would cause injury.i would say that the hardest part of the job was playing catch up after the machines break down and theres a delay.the most enjoyable part was seeing the satisfaction on the faces of management because of a job well done.
Pros
no doors were sent out defected.
Cons
malfunctioning of the machines.
Good for fresh out of high school kids
Assembly (Current Employee) –  Dalton, OHDecember 16, 2016
It's a good palace for young workers to learn new skills, but only because anybody that learns how to do anything leaves! No incentive for knowledge or skills. So much favoritism, doesn't matter how good of a worker you are, if your not in the click, you get treated horribly .
Pros
Stable work
Cons
No advancement. Heavy workloads, poor management.
Very fair and caring employers
Customer Returns Department (Current Employee) –  Baltic, SDDecember 9, 2016
I have always enjoyed working for the Overhead Door Company. They pay good wages, treat their employees with respect and have a great open door policy if an employee has any kind of problem that they can help or give you advice. I am retiring in early February. Due to an injury in 2013 it is getting too hard for me to do this type of work or I would not be retiring. The supervisors I have had treat their workers very fair and show appreciation for your work which is very important in any work place for employees really wanting to do their best to be an asset to the company.
Pros
Safety rewards. (provide luncheons for every 30 day safety reports.
Cons
Just for me, the long drive in the winter, standing and lifting.
Teamwork Culture
Corporate Director, (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 30, 2016
Different areas are willing to work together towards reaching better results. Company is investing in technology and software to make the operation more efficient
Pros
Willing to accept new ideas
Cons
Long time to get things done
Small Company.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 16, 2016
Used to be a great company but turning rapidly into a sweat shop.
Great managers left and the new management is one that is very demanding while compensation is diminishing. Small company.
Pros
Good technology investments.
Cons
No potential for growth for IT personnel
People are great but management is HORRIBLE
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 21, 2016
There is not room for advancement, especially if you are a woman. The people are great and make the place fun but management needs to be overhauled. If you complain, expect it to go nowhere and get no attention. The pay sucks. It took me leaving and getting a real job to realize that I had been grossly underpaid for years!! Turnover is high as well.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management and low pay
work
Helper (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VAJuly 6, 2016
putting up doors for big building I learned a lot working her management worked heard and helped out a lot and working here I was working as a helper for my dad it was fun we worked good together
Soul Sucking Company With Horrible Management
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mount Hope, OHApril 5, 2016
I worked for the company for several years and was treated like I was less than human. Worked day and night for months and was yelled and cussed at on a daily bases. This company could use a lot of prayer and grace from God. I took a pay cut to leave and I am glad I did.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else
terrible company to work for
technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 21, 2016
Management is terrible! They treat their employees unfairly especially women. Unable to keep up with supplies for production
Very good company, hired even though knew couldnt be permanent
Welder and shop helper (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJanuary 11, 2016
Very good company, liked the people I worked with on a daily basis. Even though they new I would deploy they allowed me to work for them until I was deployed
Pros
laid by atmospher
Cons
Too short term
Garage door openers
Phone Technician (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 30, 2015
Overhead door was a call center for the Genie garage door openers. In a typical day, I would assist customers over the phone in installing, programming and troubleshooting their motors.I had never worked in a call center and thought it would be interesting. We covered the United States and Canada, so there was always a variety of customers to talk with and it made it enjoyable. We were at liberty to do what was needed for the customer to make them happy and remain a loyal customer, so that added to the comfort of the job. I was promoted early on to the Proof of Purchase desk, where I would be on the phones for the 1st hour of the day and then off the phones where I would verify, by emails, the customer's warranty. I would process on an average day, 20-30 emails, where 15-20 emails would be a full days job.I left as we bought a house In Gun Barrel City and the commute would be too far.
Pros
one-on-one with customers, allowing us authorization, great benefits, great people to work with
Cons
tied to a phone for longs hours at time.
Great people, place and enviroment
Service Coordinator, Furnish and Install Programs (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 11, 2015
My 7 years with the company was a fantastic experience that I've had in my work life. I miss the people, pace of the job and overall wish I had not left the company.
Bad place to work. Poor management. Long work hours. Dangerous place to work.
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Williamsport PaAugust 1, 2015
DO NOT WORK AT OVERHEAD DOOR !!! Poor management. Long work hours. Dangerous place to work. Very crowded . Not enough work space.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Overhead Door Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9