Overhead Door Corporation

Overhead Door Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Soul Sucking Company With Horrible Management
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mount Hope, OHApril 5, 2016
I worked for the company for several years and was treated like I was less than human. Worked day and night for months and was yelled and cussed at on a daily bases. This company could use a lot of prayer and grace from God. I took a pay cut to leave and I am glad I did.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else
terrible company to work for
technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 21, 2016
Management is terrible! They treat their employees unfairly especially women. Unable to keep up with supplies for production
Very good company, hired even though knew couldnt be permanent
Welder and shop helper (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJanuary 11, 2016
Very good company, liked the people I worked with on a daily basis. Even though they new I would deploy they allowed me to work for them until I was deployed
Pros
laid by atmospher
Cons
Too short term
Garage door openers
Phone Technician (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 30, 2015
Overhead door was a call center for the Genie garage door openers. In a typical day, I would assist customers over the phone in installing, programming and troubleshooting their motors.I had never worked in a call center and thought it would be interesting. We covered the United States and Canada, so there was always a variety of customers to talk with and it made it enjoyable. We were at liberty to do what was needed for the customer to make them happy and remain a loyal customer, so that added to the comfort of the job. I was promoted early on to the Proof of Purchase desk, where I would be on the phones for the 1st hour of the day and then off the phones where I would verify, by emails, the customer's warranty. I would process on an average day, 20-30 emails, where 15-20 emails would be a full days job.I left as we bought a house In Gun Barrel City and the commute would be too far.
Pros
one-on-one with customers, allowing us authorization, great benefits, great people to work with
Cons
tied to a phone for longs hours at time.
Bad place to work. Poor management. Long work hours. Dangerous place to work.
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Williamsport PaAugust 1, 2015
DO NOT WORK AT OVERHEAD DOOR !!! Poor management. Long work hours. Dangerous place to work. Very crowded . Not enough work space.
Stressful workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 2, 2015
this Job has a high turnover rate and they do not fully educate or train people. The supervisors are not resourceful. The company's overall morals of customer service is sad and they treat customers poorly
Pros
Cons
stressful, not fun, long days, not enough education for products
Great family environment
Programmer/Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 28, 2014
Company was very good to work for. At Christmas time they would have a party and hand out presents to the children of the workers. I worked with a great bunch of bosses, that would cut up with us like we were all family members, On Fridays the entire IT department would go out for lunch together.
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
no cons
Set for failure
Same (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 27, 2012
This position is managed by a person who has worked for the company over 25 years and NEVER been promoted (not exactly a selling point for good management). The workload is easily twice what any person could possibly handle and co-workers elicit an atmosphere of not helping almost to the point of wanting you to fail. In addition, this position has been filled and re-filled countless number of times due to complete mismanagement and no possibility of success.
Pros
salary and benefits
Cons
atmosphere of failure, terrible management, constant fighting with other departments.
Family oriented but large firm
Executive Assistant - VP Marketing (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 16, 2012
Working at Overhead Door Corporation for 7 years and 2 months allowed for many great experiences I would have never had. The opportunity OHD gave to me was indeed challenging, inviting and welcoming. The management team is all of nothing more than a great group that liked to keep its employees informed and abreast of what was going on with the company. The co-workers I had could not have been better employees to work with, each having their uniqueness about themselves and some becoming the closest of friends. The hardest part of my job was letting go, unfortunately I was laid off. The most enjoyable part of my job, was having OHD as my second home and being happy to get up and go in to get the job done. I'll miss Overhead Door Corporation and I hope that I am able to find something similar to the company itself and the people who still work there.

2.6