Overhead Door

Overhead Door Employer Reviews

Productive an fun work place making garage doors
Line Assembly Worker (Former Employee), Hartford City, INJuly 17, 2014
Meet a lot of good people, enjoyed assembling garage doors. Was sad when the company chose to close their doors.
Productive place to work. very challenging
service/warehouse mgr. (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INMay 12, 2014
Pros: pleasant, fast paced, security
Cons: better mgr. communication
Fast paced working conditions, with rewarding benefits. Never a dull moment, and good employee's. Management could be better at communication, but all in all .very good.
productive
line operator (Former Employee), Athens, GAJanuary 30, 2014
was a fast pace job that always keeps you busy with lots of work to make your time pass fast.
fun palce to work
Supervisor (Former Employee), Garden City, KSOctober 29, 2013
Everyday was something different and a good challenge.I learned a lot about garage doors. Management is average and crew was good. The hardest part of the job is to lift the heavy commercial door springs. The best part is when the job is completed.
laid back work environment
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXOctober 7, 2013
Pros: hour lunches/paid weekly
Cons: open on weekends/ working until 7pm on week days /
Typical day at work, answering the phone from 10am-7pm. Helping customers programming devices to their garage door openers. Also troubleshooting units to find out what the problem is when customers have trouble with their openers.
Very friendly & understanding management and supervisors. Co-workers are very helpful and friendly.
Hardest part of the – more... job would just be the hours. Working until 7:00pm but, having to stay past if there are calls in the que. Sometimes having to stay until 7:30+.
Most enjoyable part of the job, would be getting paid every week. – less
enjoyed getting out and working in community
installer/ repair (Former Employee), Garden City, KSSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: fun and exciting.
Cons: woked through lunch breaks. hot sweaty hard labor
Traveled to various places to install or repair garage doors. Sometimes doors were destroyed by storms, it was very interesting work that involved great attention to detail. You would be surprised why some doors weren't functioning properly. Sometimes an easy fix, and others not so easy
Nice an relaxed
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INAugust 7, 2013
Most of the work was easy, there was no rush on anything i had to do. The employees were all nice an would help you out anytime you needed.
Getting up in the mornings and not having a feeling of dread about going to work!
shipping clerk (Former Employee), Shelbyville, INMarch 28, 2013
Pros: just felt really good about going to work each day!
Cons: wished the pay was more-but stayed because everything else was great
This company genuinely cared about its employees! It was a great place to work.The management was fantastic! Employees had great attitudes.We worked in a family type environment.The relationship with top management was on a level where you really felt they cared!
fun morkplave
Operations Manager (Former Employee), mobile/alabamaMarch 1, 2013
Pros: hours
Cons: management
good hours/ok management/learned how to weld/a day at work was good/the most enjoyable part of the day was mid afternoon/good coworkers
Overworked Underpaid
Senior Customer Service Technician (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: going home
Cons: micromanagment
Micromangement squeezed every minute out of most employees for an above average wage. From the moment an employee clocks in to the second their scheduled time is over (and many times after) we were working, except when the phone lines went down.
Very flexible company
Door Technician/Crew Leader (Former Employee), Dodge City, KSDecember 2, 2012
Pros: very flexible
Cons: secretary issues
A great company to learn from.A great family oriented place.
I worked for wonderful people.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toledo, OHMay 25, 2012
I had to quit Overhead Door because I was not making enough money to support myself and my son.
Very Dishonest company
Residential Installer (Former Employee), Springfield, MOMay 24, 2012
Cons: liers and swindelers.
In the interview I was told the position I was applying for would pay $13 hourly for the first 90 days of training then would go up after that into peace work averaging $20-$24 hourly. Once I received my first pay check it said I was making $12hourly. When I asked about this problem I was told I must have misunderstood despite the fact that I wrote – more... all the information down. After 90 days I asked about my "raise" I was then told it was after 180 days. After 180 days they fired me. 3 of us were hired on the same day and all 3 of us were told the same thing. None of us were paid what we were told. I don't know if they were "let go". – less
A fun place to work
Sales Support (Former Employee), Warwick, RIMarch 15, 2012
A family owned company where you really feel like home.
A great place to work, friendly co workers.'
Ultimately a nice place to work, not very many opportunities to advance.
Lewisville (Current Employee), Customer Service TechnicianNovember 5, 2011
Pros: flexible schedules, great training, and management
Cons: no advancement opportunity
Like every job there are pros and cons.
The pay is decent but after you are finished with your training that is pretty much it. Advancement is close to none including pay.
The overall job itself is good, they train you well you have all the material you need to do the job and find the answers.
Productive and fun working
Overhead installer (Former Employee), Brandon, MBJuly 23, 2012
I learn lots of new parts of the job everyday, the management is good and my co-worker are really fun to work with. The hardest part of the job is all of it thats way it's so fun to do it and the most enjoyable part of the job the job itself.
un patron d'une extrême gentillesse
représentant (Former Employee), Saint-Jérôme, QCJuly 18, 2012
Pros: confiance réciproque
Cons: trop saisonnier
J'aime toujours rappeler mon ex patron. Nous avions une belle complicité.

About Overhead Door

This company's business "hinges" on what you need opened. Overhead Door manufactures and sells wood, steel, and polyurethane garage – Read more