Overhead Door Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place, Terrible Manager
Door mechanic (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 1, 2016
It was an awesome job, I enjoyed the work a lot, My co workers were a great group of people. I was able to pick up a huge range of new skills such as welding, fabricating, mechanical skills ect. The hours were a bit hectic, but i personally did not mind that. The one and only downfall was my division manager, he had short man syndrome, it was always his way or no way, he did not really understand the commercial side of things so he created a lot of extra work, and he constantly ticked off customers on the phone, which we had to deal with on site. Every time the smallest thing went wrong he would throw a fit like a 3 year old, he just did not belong in his position. He ultimately made our best guys leave which created a back up of work and added more tension until i finally left. If not for him id certainly still be employed there.
Pros
Great diversity of work, Great type of work
Cons
Horrible Managment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEMay 20, 2016
Overhead Door was a great place to work at, they always tried their best to make sure their employees feel appreciated. Main concern is safety, fast paced environment, group leaders try to help but some only actually care about teammates.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
healthcare
Very organized company, a pleasure to work for them
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 8, 2016
Everyday is different. Sometimes its a challenge, but I am always up for this. I respond to the emails and messages that come in over night and take care of those first thing. Answer phones and take customer service calls. Enter them in the system and ensure they are scheduled. Prepare orders for invoicing. Fax, scan, file, I always find something to do.
I have learned how to manage my time and prioritize my work.
I truly enjoy everyone I work with as we can have fun and yet get the job done.
Hardest part is unsatisfied customers, but we always manage to take care of the situation.
I look forward to going to work and that sense of satisfaction when I can help our customers.
Challenging and Rewarding
Door Technician (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 2, 2016
Overhead Door challenges you every day with the multiple installs and service calls.
Abilities are continually tested with the need of being able to" think on the fly" when you run into problems.
The employees are quick to welcome new people and welcome the opportunity to teach.
Management is quick to commend a job well done while offering more responsibility to those who want it.
Solving an unforeseen problem is one of the many rewards of the job.
Pros
Daily Challenges, Critical thinking
Cons
Being on-call
very friendly co workers
Installer (Former Employee) –  Berwick, PAMay 6, 2016
typical day at work is getting your order ready for the day. usually can get about 3 garage doors rails and motors installed and ready to use before we leave. the most enjoyable part of the day is seeing the satisfication on peoples faces.
Good travel
hand (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMarch 13, 2016
I would say my favorite part was traveling with my crew to work on customers garages in different locations. The drives where always filled with memorable moments,
I loved my time with this company
Operations Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 25, 2016
The employees with this company became my family. I was given opportunities to grow my knowledge of the business/industry.
ohd
installer (Current Employee) –  coDecember 17, 2015
Has his UPS and downs. All in all a good place to work. It is physically demanding but an easy job. Can have long days. There are friendly work environment but stressful and micro managed..
Plenty of work, for those willing to work.
Commercial Install Helper (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 23, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Overhead Door, and would always be willing to go back.
The atmosphere and work environment that was provided, is not something you find at most places.
You have respect from day one.
Assist Estimator
Assistant Estimator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 17, 2015
Company was family oriented and proved to be strong in their conviction of supplying high standards to new and recurring customers.
Pros
Capability to learn new skills in estimating prices for jobs
Cons
Duties were not in need for a long period of time due to lack of work

Want to know more about Overhead Door?

Ask a question
laid back work environment
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 7, 2013
Typical day at work, answering the phone from 10am-7pm. Helping customers programming devices to their garage door openers. Also troubleshooting units to find out what the problem is when customers have trouble with their openers.
Very friendly & understanding management and supervisors. Co-workers are very helpful and friendly.
Hardest part of the job would just be the hours. Working until 7:00pm but, having to stay past if there are calls in the que. Sometimes having to stay until 7:30+.
Most enjoyable part of the job, would be getting paid every week.
Pros
hour lunches/paid weekly
Cons
open on weekends/ working until 7pm on week days /
Very Dishonest company
Residential Installer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 24, 2012
In the interview I was told the position I was applying for would pay $13 hourly for the first 90 days of training then would go up after that into peace work averaging $20-$24 hourly. Once I received my first pay check it said I was making $12hourly. When I asked about this problem I was told I must have misunderstood despite the fact that I wrote all the information down. After 90 days I asked about my "raise" I was then told it was after 180 days. After 180 days they fired me. 3 of us were hired on the same day and all 3 of us were told the same thing. None of us were paid what we were told. I don't know if they were "let go".
Cons
liers and swindelers.
Getting up in the mornings and not having a feeling of dread about going to work!
shipping clerk (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INMarch 28, 2013
This company genuinely cared about its employees! It was a great place to work.The management was fantastic! Employees had great attitudes.We worked in a family type environment.The relationship with top management was on a level where you really felt they cared!
Pros
just felt really good about going to work each day!
Cons
wished the pay was more-but stayed because everything else was great
Ultimately a nice place to work, not very many opportunities to advance.
Lewisville (Current Employee) –  Customer Service TechnicianNovember 5, 2011
Like every job there are pros and cons.
The pay is decent but after you are finished with your training that is pretty much it. Advancement is close to none including pay.
The overall job itself is good, they train you well you have all the material you need to do the job and find the answers.
Pros
flexible schedules, great training, and management
Cons
no advancement opportunity
enjoyed getting out and working in community
installer/ repair (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSSeptember 11, 2013
Traveled to various places to install or repair garage doors. Sometimes doors were destroyed by storms, it was very interesting work that involved great attention to detail. You would be surprised why some doors weren't functioning properly. Sometimes an easy fix, and others not so easy
Pros
fun and exciting.
Cons
woked through lunch breaks. hot sweaty hard labor
Overworked Underpaid
Senior Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 17, 2013
Micromangement squeezed every minute out of most employees for an above average wage. From the moment an employee clocks in to the second their scheduled time is over (and many times after) we were working, except when the phone lines went down.
Pros
going home
Cons
micromanagment
Productive place to work. very challenging
service/warehouse mgr. (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INMay 12, 2014
Fast paced working conditions, with rewarding benefits. Never a dull moment, and good employee's. Management could be better at communication, but all in all .very good.
Pros
pleasant, fast paced, security
Cons
better mgr. communication
fun palce to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSOctober 29, 2013
Everyday was something different and a good challenge.I learned a lot about garage doors. Management is average and crew was good. The hardest part of the job is to lift the heavy commercial door springs. The best part is when the job is completed.
Productive an fun work place making garage doors
Line Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Hartford City, INJuly 17, 2014
Meet a lot of good people, enjoyed assembling garage doors. Was sad when the company chose to close their doors.
Great work place
WarehouseSupervisor, OverheadDoorCorp, HoustonTX (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 7, 2014
Overhead door is a great company the can and will stand the test of time