Overlake Hospital

Overlake Hospital United States Employee Reviews

Great work
Epic Ambulatory and Beaker Clarity Report Analyst (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAJanuary 27, 2015
I love the work and my co-workers.
Have been sent for training and certification on assigned application areas.
Room Service Attendant
Room Service Attendant (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: pre paid lunches, healthcare, 401k, awesome employees
Cons: no tips
I started this job part time and I would mostly be around for delivering dinner and late snacks to patients. After a year I showed my supervisor that I could work more hours and she made me full time. I would start in the early morning to break a lady at the tickets and setting up the food trays. Around 6:30 A.M I would set up my delivery cart and start delivering breakfast to patients around the hospital. Take a break and help organize the kitchen for lunch. Deliver lunch. Set up tea and pastry for mother and baby area. Deliver those to mother and baby rooms. Take a break. Help set up the kitchen for dinner. That was my day. I learned a lot about dietary diets and a few medical terms from nurses. Only hardest part was finding good shoes with great support.
Extremely busy Operating Room
Surgical Assistant (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: excellent pay for entry level position
Cons: sometimes went through full days without breaks.
Everyday was a physically demanding day. I walked multiple miles in a day and moved heavy equipment around. Communication between everyone from doctors, to nurses, to techs, was key for things to run smoothly in the OR. What kept everyone sane was the friendships developed between co-workers that was still kept professional in the work place. The hardest part of the job was the lack of a consistent manager. There was never a full time manager in the OR, they were always on contract, so there would be periods where the hospital did not have a manager and we all needed to communicate with each other for the operating room to run smoothly. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and the interesting surgeries that I got to see.
Very productive
Medical Records Tech 1 (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: no time for breaks
Busy everyday, worked with fun diverse group of people. Hardest part of the job is trying to catch up, it will never happen.
Team oriented; patient focused; great place to work
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAApril 27, 2014
A really great place to work with patient focused care provided by a team of professionals working together to provide excellent care.
helpful and caring providers
Utilization Management Specialist (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAJanuary 5, 2014
A good team that works hard to accomplish the needs of the facility
This was presented as a full time position that ended up being temporary
Application Analyst (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAOctober 21, 2013
This organization proved not to be a great fit for me. The average hours were 70-80 hours per week. The life/balance was not a feature.
great place to work
Administrator Coordinator (Former Employee), Bellevue waSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: enjoy my job and retirement
Cons: management
I learned about admin. I learned about processing healthcare insurance and learned the ER. I learned in patient scheduling.
Watch out Imaging Techs
Imaging tech (Former Employee), Bellvue, WAAugust 7, 2013
Pros: good parking, nice aquarium in waiting area.
Cons: a rad tech's nightmare.
Imaging was very poorly run with an upper level management that saw techs as disposable and easily replaced. Techs were treated with disrespect routinely even from aides providing support. The work routine was knuckle busting, very heavy and the radiologists some of the meanest and most unhelpful in the state. No one stays more than a year or two. The tech with the most training and seniority was let go because he was being paid too much and salaries as someone else noted are generally very low. They have sloppy procedures and the tech is always the fall guy, not worth it under any circumstances.
Professional and pleasant environment
Clinical Student (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAJuly 10, 2013
Amazing place to train! Knowledgeable staff, great anesthesiologists, everyone is very willing to teach and impart their extensive knowledge to me. Everyone is very respectful to each other and patients.
Disappointment everyday
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee), Bellevue, WAJuly 5, 2013
Pros: pot lucks often, flexible schedule
Cons: everything else
The worst paid hospital in probably all of Washington state. The turn over is ridiculous. The good people leave because the longer term people bully them. Management would never handle any situation. Leads are overly sexual and insulting. No one gets paid enough to turn a blind eye, but everyone does because of retaliation. Patient constantly complains and are bruised. As a patient and an employee I would go to a different hospital if it wasn't for the fact I had insurance through them. Leaving soon.
friendly staff, competent workers
Pharmacy Tech Intern (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJuly 1, 2013
i only worked here as an intern, but i was impressed by the hard work and organization present in this pharmacy.
Aweson work enviroment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAApril 17, 2013
Pros: awesome work environment
Cons: hard of single parents
Good work environment, awesome team work and learning benefits