Overlake Medical Center

Overlake Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 5, 2016
Very poisonous and unfriendly environment. Guilt tripping MA cliques everywhere. No one cares about your progress. No management control its been seniority over talent.
Best people in the world to work with !
Health Unit Coordinator critical care (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 27, 2016
The people I work with REALLY care, they care about their patients, the families and their co workers.
My mother has been a patient and received nothing but the best of care, and not because she was MY mother. Every patient that comes to our unit is cared for like this.
Even after 15 yrs of employment, I love going to work. I will truly miss my co workers and probably would have to go back to visit once in a while. I have developed many friendships and plan on keeping those as long as I am suppose to.
Pros
One big happy family
Cons
12 hr shifts
Overlake seemed to be money driven, the wrong approach for my medical ethics.
Emergency Room RN (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 26, 2016
The Admin. were only catering to the Physicians and no appreciation was given to the Nurses or Care staff. It is in beautiful Bellevue but the greed drove me away from here.
Provide de Best Costumer Service all the time
Centralized Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 23, 2016
Overtake Hospital is an amazing place to work, is like a big family, excellent benefits for employees, Pt satisfaction is one the daily goals in this organization.
Worked here for 10 years. Medical Imaging
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 12, 2016
Great place to work. The facility provides a great working environment, from the slick wood floors, modern amenities, and great staff. They use top notch equipment which as a technologist this can really make or break your experience I mean you want things to help you not hamper you. I felt like the management or administrators really got it when it came to competing with area health systems. I have worked for a handful of places and some places are pretty down at the heel. I would encourage anyone looking to work here to consider this hospital.
Pros
Great Technology, Nice Environment, Forward Looking, Benefits.
Cons
N/A
Top Hospital facility to be a part of
Admitting Registrar (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 16, 2015
I enjoyed working for this facility and the people I worked with. It was a small hospital facility but advanced in many ways with their education, benefits, pay ethics. I was an admitting registrar in the ER and General Admitting and was able to learn new skills and work in more areas when needed.
Pros
Very Professional, Skilled Facility that included employees in ideas
Cons
The hospital downsized, jobs were selective with less hours
the medical personnel are some of the finest in the country
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 15, 2015
Assisted anesthesia staff in adult anesthesia care. Responsible for anesthesia set up and care in complex cases like open heart, vascular, trauma, neuro. and bariatric surgeries. I worked with the lead anesthesia technician John Gonzales to in-service operating room staff about anesthesia policies and patient care. Assisted anesthesiologists in difficult airway management in and out of the OR setting. Responded to emergencies in a timely manner as directed by the anesthesiologist. I preformed quality controls on lab equipment and demonstrated ingenuity in correcting anesthesia problems that would arise.
Fast Paced
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 14, 2015
I do enjoy working at Overlake, it is a very nice work environment. I love working under pressure and resolving issues. The most enjoyable part of my day is the people I work with and the patients I have contact with. I also recognize the revenue that can be generated by keeping patients happy. I enjoy the sales aspect in that. The hardest part of my day is the commute from Everett to Bellevue, with no options of a different route on the 405 corridor. For the most part, management is good. However they are always so busy, it is difficult to get any one on one time, which is frustrating when you have found a more efficient way of doing something.
Pros
Nice campus, good team
Cons
Even though continuing education for different systems may be offered by management, it never seems to happen. There is no time. There is no room for growth. Also, they do not allow any type of logo wear for "Blue Friday", no matter how professional or tastefull.
great teamwork
Mother Baby Unit RN (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 7, 2015
Great teamwork. Was understaffed and a very stressful place to work. Rotating shifts made it hard to have good work life balance but the manager is great and the nurses are very hard working. Would work there again.
great staff, good equipment
medical imaging (Current Employee) –  bellevue,waMarch 22, 2015
The staff make this place great. Caring, compassionate, dedicated. I've been in medical imaging for a long time and this place is pretty good. Upper management is shady. No union therefore seniority doesn't matter as far as layoffs/firings go. Watching your back and keeping your head down are an unwritten rule. Having said that- staff are great, nurses are great, equipment is cutting edge and well maintained.
Pros
staff, equipment
Cons
management
Politics politics politics
Radiology technologist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 5, 2015
A used to be a great company (in my opinion and my department), but as the years went by and "a" director got hired a few years back, combined with the dirty manager, the department fell apart!!! It seems like the morale is still very low. It a shame because it used to be a great place to work.
Great work
Epic Ambulatory and Beaker Clarity Report Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 27, 2015
I love the work and my co-workers.
Have been sent for training and certification on assigned application areas.
Room Service Attendant
Room Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 14, 2015
I started this job part time and I would mostly be around for delivering dinner and late snacks to patients. After a year I showed my supervisor that I could work more hours and she made me full time. I would start in the early morning to break a lady at the tickets and setting up the food trays. Around 6:30 A.M I would set up my delivery cart and start delivering breakfast to patients around the hospital. Take a break and help organize the kitchen for lunch. Deliver lunch. Set up tea and pastry for mother and baby area. Deliver those to mother and baby rooms. Take a break. Help set up the kitchen for dinner. That was my day. I learned a lot about dietary diets and a few medical terms from nurses. Only hardest part was finding good shoes with great support.
Pros
pre paid lunches, healthcare, 401k, awesome employees
Cons
no tips
Nice facility
Medical Records tech 2 (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 4, 2014
Overlake hospital has a beautiful campus and is within walking distance to downtown.
Very good people
Employee (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 26, 2014
Great location with good financial status. But old culture of managements.
Extremely busy Operating Room
Surgical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 4, 2014
Everyday was a physically demanding day. I walked multiple miles in a day and moved heavy equipment around. Communication between everyone from doctors, to nurses, to techs, was key for things to run smoothly in the OR. What kept everyone sane was the friendships developed between co-workers that was still kept professional in the work place. The hardest part of the job was the lack of a consistent manager. There was never a full time manager in the OR, they were always on contract, so there would be periods where the hospital did not have a manager and we all needed to communicate with each other for the operating room to run smoothly. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and the interesting surgeries that I got to see.
Pros
excellent pay for entry level position
Cons
sometimes went through full days without breaks.
Very productive
Medical Records Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 25, 2014
Busy everyday, worked with fun diverse group of people. Hardest part of the job is trying to catch up, it will never happen.
Pros
great environment
Cons
no time for breaks
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 22, 2014
Great HR, a pleasure to work for. Great upper level management.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Bellevue WAJuly 10, 2014
I really enjoy working here. I am currently employed still employed here. My manager is awesome and really tries to accomodate her staff with days off requests.
Pros
longer shifts, fewer days
Cons
commute from home
Staff seem happy and upeat almost all times.
Front Lobby Information Desk, Clinical Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 5, 2014
The staff and patients seem happy and upbeat every time I have stepped into the hospital.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Overlake Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Overlake Medical Center Reviews by Location