Overland Park Regional Medical Center

Overland Park Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Enjoyable work, but no other coworkers that are consistantly available for help if needed
Computed Tomography Technologist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 22, 2017
I enjoyed the work I did while employeed there, and the fact that coworkers in other departments were very willing to help when needed, as I worked alone on the overnight shift. However there weren't any other CT technologists to help so if the x-ray tech was busy you were on your own.
Student Here
Respiratory Student (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 10, 2017
I cant really get into too much detail about this place because I only did clinical in the NICU for about 2 weeks. Overall the staff seemed to be really knowledgeable about how to care for and treat their patients
Pros
Student
Cons
Srudent
Comapasionate Care
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 10, 2017
Good team work and work environment. Working various shifts and units proved to be an educational experience in various settings within the hospital.
Love the people i work with the most!
Registered Technologist - Radiology (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 6, 2017
Management changes often. Love working here and the people I work with. This is the only hospital I have ever worked at. I would like to broaden my horizons and see what its like somewhere else.
Great place to work!
Cardiology Technician (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 6, 2017
Personally, I believe workplace culture and people you work with are a huge factor in how you feel about your job and can make the difference in loving your job vs. not being able to stand it! I've worked at OPR for over a year and have never encountered a hospital that has so many friendly people.
On top of that, I can honestly say the management is wonderful. They're helpful, supportive, and are always trying to come up with ways to improve things not only for patients, but for the staff. It's much easier to have a strong team when you have managers like that. Such a breath of fresh air compared to many other companies (whether in health care or not).
Pros
The people, nice facility and equipment, good pay
Fast pace but very friendly environment
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 5, 2017
Overland Park is a fast pace environment. A typical day of work is busy and usually on your feet most of the day. On the other hand, I've learned great time management skills throught the year. It is also a very friendly environment with lots of great people. The hardest part of the job at times is the pace. The most enjoyable part of the job is the workplace culture. We are like a big family.
eh
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 24, 2017
eh,beleive it or not the CEO has shown his face on night shift on weekends, which never happens ever. I was pleased with the way the they way what way we were able SBAR patients instead of calling report on EVERY pt.
Teamwork Culture and Supportive Leaders
Administrative Office Coordinator/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 13, 2017
OPRMC was by far the best facility I have ever worked at. The leadership team truly understands how to effectively lead employees. Having the support of a great leader empowered employees and fostered a positive work environment.
Horrible company
Patient Benefits Advisor (Former Employee) –  ParallonJanuary 21, 2017
Will bleed you dry and toss you to the wind. Worst company ever crossed. Management bullies and harrasess. Training is not efficient.
Too much focus on patient satisfaction surveys
Orthopedic Nurse (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 1, 2017
This hospital is always short staffed like most hospitals. There is too much focus on patient satisfaction surveys. Instead of providing excellent care to the patients, the nurses are expected to provide hotel like services.
Changing environment
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 13, 2016
Management has changed in the last few years to be more focused on the heart and soul of caring, which includes focusing on the employees more than before. Nurse to patient ratios are great as long as no call ins and open positions are filled. Management is supportive of work life balance.
Pros
Good people to work with, supportive management, not as many silos
Cons
Pay is not top of the scale but lots of other benefits and opportunities
Great Food
Greeter/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 16, 2015
Simply amazing food. It was a great environment. Amazing customers. There is a fun staff. The nights of karokee and trivia were always fun. And the building was pretty clean for the most part.
Pros
Food
Cons
no healthcare
plastics and totals
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 3, 2015
Cosmetic plastic surgery and total joints, that is what i did the majority of the time I was there. Having not had a back ground in plastics, I learned a tremendous amount in that specialty. As for totals, stepped right in and didn't look back
Fast pace
L&D RN (Former Employee) –  Overland Park ,KSOctober 21, 2015
Multiple deliveries in a shift. Great team work among staff.Learned to manage 2 labors at the same time. Education of the client in labor and expectations after delivery. Hardest part is some doctors were difficult to work for.
Great team environment within each department
Out Patient Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 20, 2015
I have some of the best co-workers. No matter what department I am working in on a given day I most likely can say with confidence that it is with a great group. Everyone is very helpful, caring and fun to be around.
Interesting work with interesting people
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 5, 2015
Great place to work where everyone, no joke, treated each other like family. Being around people who's job it was to helping very sick and very small babies thrive--was very rewarding. Management all the way up to the CEO had an open-door policy.

One of the most difficult parts of my job was processing payroll for all 177 people in the unit. I also kept track of their meeting attendance, certifications, licenses, and various lists and databases with specific information on the employees. Using my sense of humor and keeping a positive attitude, made these processes enjoyable for everyone.

My interaction with so many people from so many backgrounds was the most rewarding part of my job. Never a dull moment and always learning something new.
Pros
Cafeteria on site; uniforms provided; great IT and Facility support
Cons
lots of turnover; health insurance very comprehensive, but very pricy
High intensity busy hospital
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 8, 2015
Love working with the critical patients in the ED, ICU, and NICU. HCA is making a lot of positive and innovated changes. Physicians are very approachable and knowledgeable.
Productive work environment
Medical Externship (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 6, 2015
Completed my clinical externship at this location. Great supervision and co-workers. Obtained experience with bedside swallow evaluations, aphasia, cognition, and modified barium swallow studies.
LST Coordinator
LST Coordinator Evenings (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 16, 2015
Blood draws in all units including ICU and NICU, ER. Delegating staff to different areas of the hospital for blood draws. Delivering Lab results to Medical offices connected to the hospital. Teaching phlebotomy to med interns.
Pros
Hours
Cons
short breaks
Helping others is the most rewarding feeling in the world
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 6, 2015
I absolutely loved this job. A typical day was fast pace and always enjoyable. You never know what to expect in the emergency department. I learned so much from this job such as what nurses and doctors have to go through on a daily basis, medical terminology and much more. Management was great and always helpful. Co-workers were a blast to work with. The hardest part of the job would be loosing a patient. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help others and their loved ones.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Loosing a patient

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Overland Park Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Overland Park Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location