Overland Park Regional Medical Center

Overland Park Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
plastics and totals
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 3, 2015
Cosmetic plastic surgery and total joints, that is what i did the majority of the time I was there. Having not had a back ground in plastics, I learned a tremendous amount in that specialty. As for totals, stepped right in and didn't look back
Fast pace
L&D RN (Former Employee) –  Overland Park ,KSOctober 21, 2015
Multiple deliveries in a shift. Great team work among staff.Learned to manage 2 labors at the same time. Education of the client in labor and expectations after delivery. Hardest part is some doctors were difficult to work for.
Great team environment within each department
Out Patient Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 20, 2015
I have some of the best co-workers. No matter what department I am working in on a given day I most likely can say with confidence that it is with a great group. Everyone is very helpful, caring and fun to be around.
Interesting work with interesting people
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 5, 2015
Great place to work where everyone, no joke, treated each other like family. Being around people who's job it was to helping very sick and very small babies thrive--was very rewarding. Management all the way up to the CEO had an open-door policy.

One of the most difficult parts of my job was processing payroll for all 177 people in the unit. I also kept track of their meeting attendance, certifications, licenses, and various lists and databases with specific information on the employees. Using my sense of humor and keeping a positive attitude, made these processes enjoyable for everyone.

My interaction with so many people from so many backgrounds was the most rewarding part of my job. Never a dull moment and always learning something new.
Pros
Cafeteria on site; uniforms provided; great IT and Facility support
Cons
lots of turnover; health insurance very comprehensive, but very pricy
High intensity busy hospital
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 8, 2015
Love working with the critical patients in the ED, ICU, and NICU. HCA is making a lot of positive and innovated changes. Physicians are very approachable and knowledgeable.
Productive work environment
Medical Externship (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 6, 2015
Completed my clinical externship at this location. Great supervision and co-workers. Obtained experience with bedside swallow evaluations, aphasia, cognition, and modified barium swallow studies.
LST Coordinator
LST Coordinator Evenings (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 16, 2015
Blood draws in all units including ICU and NICU, ER. Delegating staff to different areas of the hospital for blood draws. Delivering Lab results to Medical offices connected to the hospital. Teaching phlebotomy to med interns.
Pros
hours
Cons
short breaks
Helping others is the most rewarding feeling in the world
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 6, 2015
I absolutely loved this job. A typical day was fast pace and always enjoyable. You never know what to expect in the emergency department. I learned so much from this job such as what nurses and doctors have to go through on a daily basis, medical terminology and much more. Management was great and always helpful. Co-workers were a blast to work with. The hardest part of the job would be loosing a patient. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help others and their loved ones.
Pros
helping people
Cons
loosing a patient
Great Culture until HCA took over
Unit Secretary/Billing Clerk/Quantitative Analyst (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 25, 2015
A typical day at work was fast paced and rewarding. I learned a lot in a short amount of time and felt my job challenged me on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of accomplishment and working with great staff. The hardest part of the job was leaving when HCA too over.
Pros
great culture
Cons
hca took over
Gained a temendious amount of experience.
RN, Charge Nurse 75% of the time (Former Employee) –  PACU, Pre Op, Pre Op education for patients.January 24, 2015
Great staff.
Good work environment.
Supportive nurses.
The hospital is a small suburban hospital yet has a level 3 trauma center.
Pros
ensight to the latest and greatest in medical techology
Cons
long hours and call is required allong with weekends.
Terrible Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 30, 2014
There are some amazing people that work here, but the corporate values are overtaking the potential for good care. Nurses and techs have so many patients that they can not adequately care for them and if you state that you feel unsafe taking another patient, they will give you two and tell you sorry. They state that they are working on staffing, but keep limiting it more and more.
Pros
pay, good co-workers
Cons
poor patient care, staffing, management
Well run nursing staff
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 24, 2014
I was responsible for acting within the nursing role. I provided patient care and was responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating patient care. I learned the importance of quality patient care. I learned time management and developed a good relationship with my fellow nurses. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the opportunity to learn in this environment
Pros
great nurses
Cons
construction
Under-staffing, but on purpose.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 7, 2013
There were actually days in the ICU when we would have adequate nurses, but perhaps one or two had only one patient. They would send home nurses until nurses had two to THREE patients a piece (against AACN standards). At first I thought perhaps this was the doing of the charge nurses, until I heard the order given straight from the Supervisor's mouth. The supervisors are otherwise kind enough, but I felt like the bottom line was more important than patient safety and/or staff satisfaction.
Pros
kind staff, fun ceo
Cons
more focused on the bottom line than patient safety.
productive and wonderfull place to work
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 7, 2013
all my co-workers are very nice, a good helper in any question to have an excellent in and out patient care. Because I like my work I do not have bad day and I am enjoying my job.
Pros
i work hard for almost all year and have 1 month of vacactions to visit my country
Watch your back and look past the smile
Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland ParkOctober 23, 2013
This is an environment of watch out for number 1. Co-workers throw each other under the bus routinely, management is out of touch with front line work in nearly every discipline. Administration is completely out of touch and maintains an environment of secrecy while claiming to be transparent. This is definitely a workplace in dire need of legitimate leadership rather than a CEO who loves to hear himself talk and exudes a "my way or the highway" attitude to everyone else. Administrators definitely let others know they are beneath them. Everyone talks about a culture of ownership and empowerment but there is anything but. Decisions are driven from the top down where there is little consideration for the individual responsible for the actual work. It is overwhelmingly a do as I say, not as I do environment. Service to customers is hit or miss at best, facility is dirty, staff is lazy, HR is a joke.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
not enough staff, lazy co-workers, poor administrative staff, focus on profit rather than patients
Focus is on the bottom line and not patient care
Cardiac Cath Lab Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 11, 2013
The company is top heavy and does not value the team, nursing services and has minimal to no education for developing professionally.
Pros
good food in cafeteria
Cons
poor morale, poor education, poor planning and management
Friendly
Volunteer/Intern (Current Employee) –  10500 Quivira, Overland Park Kansas, 66215June 26, 2013
All workers are very friendly and very easy to approach. Great place to work.
Great place to work with great co-workers! Team work was a big key to the success of the unit!
Mother/Baby Nurse (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 24, 2013
Very busy Women's center at Overland Park Regional where I never knew what the day would bring. I would switch between being charge nurse, nursery nurse, floor nurse, preceptor, etc. I loved the challenges and variety it brought to my job!
RUN ! Do not go near the lab, politics rule. No advancement
lab (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 1, 2012
Supervisor and Director watch each others backs. They ignore any and all problems brought to them. Super high turn over except Supervisor and Director, what does that tell ya. The only ones to leave are the employees who can't take it anymore. Managers have job for life. Your job, draw blood, heal sticks, keep your mouth shut, eyes closed, and head down.
Pros
easy work, meeting patients
Cons
your immediate supervisor and co-workers
A leader in the Community
Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 16, 2012
Overland Park Regional Medical Center is a growing healthcare facility and will benefit the community. Our new CEO has a vision and is prepared to take us to a new level of care. Overland Park Regional is very involved in the community and shows a genuine care for theor staff and management team.
I very much enjoy being a manager and seeing my staff succeed and grow, I have implemented cross training to enhance their skills and knowledge and have a very rewarding relationship with my staff. My staff is very productive and with positie encouragement their QA and Point of Service Collections goals are being met monthly.