Overland Solutions Employee Reviews

Great Work from home job
Insurance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 10, 2015
Overland Solution was a great work from home company. They provided their employees with amazing support to help them perform their jobs accurately and to the best of the ability. I would work for Overland Solutions again if I could.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No face to face interaction with other people
Secure Job and good hours
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 8, 2015
I was given a list of businesses each week to audit to determine if the business was reporting correctly and adhering to the requirements of the companies issuing their workmans' compensation insurance. I audited several businesses a day and reported to David Christensen our District Manager by a written report on each business.
Pros
Job security and a great manager
Cons
Low pay and lack of advancemant opportunity.
Poor Management makes great job horrible
Premium Audit Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 23, 2015
They do everything they can do to take what is an awesome job into a complete disaster. They provide no scheduling help, poor or no training, byzantine quality process and they are losing customers so the amount of available work is shrinking...
Used to be OK but very toxic since EXL buyout in 2015
Prefer not to state (Current Employee) –  MidwestJuly 23, 2015
Company was always average witih low'ish pay but worse by Mid 2015 after EXL buyout. I'm sure any of the smart employees are actively looking for new jobs and layoffs are sure to come with this culture clash.
Senior management has become very toxic to employees. Installing cameras in the breakroom and other areas to spy on employees.

Typical do in office or for remotes is trying to figure out how to meet unreasonable goals and still put up with poor middle management.

Run don't hide from this company. Sorry to say. It used to be a good place back in the 1990's.
Pros
Low but consistent pay
Cons
Toxic work environment that is getting worse
Great Company to work for
Healthcare Analyst (Former Employee) –  Overland Park KSJune 15, 2015
Great pay and hours... quiet work environment. Learned more about safety in healthcare. Co workers were easy to get along with.
A place I would not recommend to work for "RUN" away from this one.
Loss Control Contractor (Former Employee) –  MA & RIDecember 15, 2014
I worked as a contractor for this company for years, and I have 5 years total experience performing inspections. I had problems with the reviewers since day one. You get a request to complete a General Liability report, and the reviewers will send it back for not having Property information. A GL report is different than a property report. They will send a report back, requesting information, that IS on the report. They just haven't looked through the entire report. Reports will sit in review for three to four weeks, keeping you from being paid. If you inform the reviewer that the information IS in the report, they will let the report sit in review for another two weeks. The reviewers has attitudes, and will not send a report through, even when you prove them wrong. You have to change the report to please the reviewer, and to get paid, even if the changes are incorrect. Its their way, or the highway, and there is no room for discussion. Their reviewers have never worked in the field, and has no idea what the contractors go through. I worked hard for this company, covering a large territory within two state's, and made the company a lot of money, and they were willing to let me go, because of an issue with the reviewers. Instead of calling me, and asking me what the issue was, they just took what the reviewers said as fact, and stopped sending me work. They have no loyalty for long term contractors. This is the reason why that are always hiring new people all over the country. I have talked to others that has worked with Overland, and heard the same stories. If your a professional  more... field inspector, stay far away from this company. The pay is not worth the problems you will have with their reviewers. I would still be working for Overland if they had competent reviewers. – less  less
Cons
do not pay on time and to many games a sign the company is in trouble money wise.
typical-remote employee working out of house
Senior Premium auditor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2014
They recently decided that since I was not making the minimum number of audits per week for a full time employee I would need to be part time (not a big deal) and work no more than 30 hours a week which is a big deal considering the heavy inventory they have given me to work on knowing of my limited time and productivity. It's almost as though they have set things up for me to fail.
Pros
typical premium audit culture
Cons
punching a time clock like a factory worker and not allowed overtime
Won't stick around much longer
Employee (Current Employee) –  Overland ParkSeptember 27, 2014
Unorganized with poor communication. The pay is sad and the benefits are pointless because the deductible is so high you are paying out of pocket for everything. Obama Care would be better. None of the management knows or cares how heavy your work load is. Everyone is nice and fun but that doesn't pay the bills.
Somehow need to find time to look for something else with better pay before I get in anymore debt.
It would be nice to find something with advancement opportunity and possibly management someday. Right now Overland does not offer that.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
pay and healthcare
Flexible and Fun workplace
Insurance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 13, 2014
Learned lots here. Always a busy environment with something to do. Made a few good friends here.,
Pros
learned about many businesses.
Cons
driving around all day can be difficult, but interesting.
Productive Company
Premium Auditor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 29, 2014
Great learning resources system, information, support. All you can learn regarding premium policies audits.
Pros
expenses paid
Cons
short salary
The pay scale and work load do not match!
Senior Premium Auditor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 3, 2014
Simply put, do not trust what they present to you during your interview or once you start work there. The pay scale is so void of reason that you WILL NOT understand it, and worse your manager will not understand it, but will still try to explain it and say they do. Expect to work ungodly hours to not only get the pay they promise, but to make a living! Expect tons or windshield time and little pay. Oh, and if you don't get those numbers they want, in six months expect to be demoted and your pay will be cut! If you are single and love to travel and don't have the need for enough money to survive, this is the place for you. If you want or like so much stress you can build a home with it, then this is the place for you!
Cons
to many
Very interesting and self-paced position.
Premium Auditor (Former Employee) –  Corporate (KS) but worked out of my own home.May 20, 2014
Very good Overland Park, KS company to work for. Position of Premium Auditors worked independently out of their homes (all across the U.S.) Position required traveling to businesses and performing onsite Workers' Compensation and/or General Liability Audits, or visiting pharmacies unannounced to perform Medicare/Medicaid Inspections.

A typical day would be downloading information about the businesses you where to visit and audit. Call businesses to set up auditing appointment and then send out a letter letting confirming the date of the appointment, along with a list of documents they needed. Going out to previously arranged appointments and actually completing the audits.

Return phone calls and emails. Update your database with any other necessary information, and uploading completed audits and inspections.

If overnight travel was required, auditors would call designated travel agency. Travel agency would immediately make the reservations, pay for the room, and give you the address of the hotel/motel.
Pros
provided extensive paid training (including one week of all expense paid training at corporate (ks), upon hire you are supplied a laptop downloaded with all necessary programs, supplied a laser printer with continuous supply of ink, supplied digital camera, also paid hourly plus mileage and bonus, one half your monthly internet bill (up to $45) reimbursed, one half your monthly cell phone bill (up to $30) reimbursed
Cons
only one: if the company is short, you may have to travel long distances to help them where they need it.
Horrible Reviewers
Contracted Field Inspector (Former Employee) –  Charleston SCApril 30, 2014
I worked as a contractor for this company for 4 years, and I have 15 years total experience performing inspections. I had problems with the reviewers since day one. You get a request to complete a General Liability report, and the reviewers will send it back for not having Property information. A GL report is different than a property report. They will send a report back, requesting information, that IS on the report. They just haven't looked through the entire report. Reports will sit in review for three to four weeks, keeping you from being paid. If you inform the reviewer that the information IS in the report, they will let the report sit in review for another two weeks. The reviewers has attitudes, and will not send a report through, even when you prove them wrong. You have to change the report to please the reviewer, and to get paid, even if the changes are incorrect. Its their way, or the highway, and there is no room for discussion. Their reviewers have never worked in the field, and has no idea what the contractors go through. I worked hard for this company, covering a large territory within two state's, and made the company a lot of money, and they were willing to let me go, because of an issue with the reviewers. Instead of calling me, and asking me what the issue was, they just took what the reviewers said as fact, and stopped sending me work. They have no loyalty for long term contractors. This is the reason why that are always hiring new people all over the country. I have talked to others that has worked with Overland, and heard the same stories. If your a professional  more... field inspector, stay far away from this company. The pay is not worth the problems you will have with their reviewers. I would still be working for Overland if they had competent reviewers.  less
Pros
work from home
Cons
horrbile reviewers / no management support
whose in charge anyway?
Unfortunate (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 19, 2014
Accounting Management is technically competent however clumsy and deficient in regard to management skills such as communicating, taking a leadership role or accepting suggestions from experienced staff. Treatment was callous and denegrating. No appreciation shown for hard work. Human resources was spineless and cowardly, hiding behind lies and antiquity.
Pros
i'm gone
Cons
unhealthy, unprofessional, dysfunctional
Overland Solutions
Employee (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 24, 2014
The company is a very good company with good management. There doesn't appear to be much room to move up within the company. The benefits are OK, but nothing great.
nice company to work for
Premium Auditor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 17, 2014
Nice company to work for. Great opportunity to travel and meet a variety of people
Pros
travel
Cons
to uch time away from home
Great working experience
Premium Auditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasNovember 15, 2013
For the short amount of time that I was with this company, I was always being shocked at how well they treated their employees. I was a little disappointed in being let go due to budget cut backs at the end of the year, but also being told that they would be rehiring at the begining of the year and to stay intouch. It made no sense to me.
Pros
working remotely from home.
Cons
never getting past the training before being laid off.
Premium Auditor
Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 30, 2013
Plenty of travel; learned the ins and outs of General Liability Insurance and basis of premium
Toxic Work Environment: Avoid At All Costs
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSOctober 13, 2013
Overland is owned, “lock, stock, and barrel” by an investment banking company made up of Ivy League types and 1 per centers. They demand xyz percent of the profit and don’t seem particularly concerned about how the executive team at Overland reaches those profit targets. Overland is a bit of a microcosm of our economy in that they are laying off employees, cutting costs to the bone including wages, endlessly reorganizing, and doing severe damage to their culture in order to meet the extreme and unrealistic demands of the corporate bankers. This scenario is the primary force driving the insanity at Overland. Corporate executives are similar to slaves who ingratiate themselves with their master, the corporate bankers in this case, by turning on their fellows.

Notwithstanding the above, the executive team at Overland lacks the character, skills and strategic sense necessary to lead a company such as Overland to success. As a result they resort to abusive and manipulative tactics devaluing any person not in agreement with them. The executive team is not above lying, shaming employees publicly, or falsifying documents in order to get what they want and to cover for their incompetence. They squeeze the last, “thin dime” from their indentured servants but feel free to stay in lavish hotels, inebriating themselves on fine and expensive wines, and to use any excuse to spend lots of money on jet fuel making trips for no good reason at all. They are a ship adrift without a rudder. While the Overland executives won’t accept excuses from anyone else they use the economy to excuse their
  more... nosedive in operating results and feel free to blame anyone but themselves for poor results.

Estimating fully 2/3 of personnel are disenchanted with this company.

Managers are under extreme pressure to control all aspects of the auditor’s daily routine and, under threat from the executive team, have been reduced to enforcers with no real opportunity to lead, mentor, develop, or to implement any of the strategies or policies necessary for management of these kinds of teams. The daily auditor’s existence, despite the so called freedom of the job, is under increasingly extreme control through a variety of micro management techniques. Discipline in a healthy environment is a good thing, but the control in Overland’s case is only necessary because they have failed to implement the necessary vision, strategies, and moral leadership with core values necessary to lead such an organization to success.

The only thing that will prevent a mass walkout of customers is a dearth of competitors able to surpass the poor performance of this company. The only thing preventing a massive walkout of auditors is the scarcity of premium audit positions in the industry overall.

Market for premium audit in general is in question in the information age with more and more audits being completed using digital technology and without the need for an expensive physical visit by a premium auditor. FT auditor working “forty” hours per week plus incentives will make about $25,000 to $35,000 TOPS unless they cheat or work extraordinary amounts of overtime. (Not allowed in most cases)
Family oriented company
Sr. Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 18, 2013
Daily work flow is nice. Variety of duties. Work environment was nice and the work hours did not impact home life.

2.7