Overland Solutions Employee Reviews

Insurance service provider
QUALITY REVIEWER III (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAOctober 31, 2017
Overland uses the best technology in the industry. All necessary resources are provided, and the IT dept is accessible to both employees and contractors
Pros
Pay
Low Pay High Demand
Premium Auditor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 3, 2017
Company changed pay structure and made it difficult to earn a respectable living. Restricted you to 40 hours for a work that involves longer hours to complete work for a given week.
Stresssful and time demanding
Master Field Auditor (Former Employee) –  Jemison, AlabamaSeptember 22, 2017
High pressure and demanding work environment. Quality of life is lacking. Good benefits. As a field auditor little to no exposure to co-workers. Unrealistic expectations as to productivity as a field auditor.
Benefits
Cons
Travel distances
Good benefits
Premium Auditor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 20, 2017
I liked working at Overland Solutions. They had good benefits and I worked from home, which was nice. They are good to their employees and have fair management.
Stressful environment
PHONE AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 17, 2017
This is an extremely stressful workplace. As an auditor, I can work from home and my supervisor is awesome. The production expectations are difficult in my opinion to achieve and have a home life.
Pros
My supervisor and that I work from home.
Cons
Stressful and high production expectations.
Modern, relaxed and open minded
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Holladay, UTAugust 28, 2017
Loved working there, good pay. Excellent Management. Very open minded to new changes and did not feel desk-bound. Small working environment and good communication.
Pros
Relaxed and modern atmosphere
Cons
I had to leave
Professional people; good place to work
Senior Accountant (Short Term Contract) (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 9, 2017
The Kansas City CFO is a great guy. My boss is a very good supportive person. I like the atmosphere; people are professional and helpful towards each other.
Pros
Professional atmosphere; quiet
Cons
No cons
Management has vague, unreasonable and unquantified objectives.
Premium Auditor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 28, 2017
The benefit of working from home is thwarted by unrealistic expectations and managerial directives that lacks sound judgment in their effort to achieve objectives.

They fail to address issues that contribute to their high turnover of auditors.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Compensation varies according to production
Premium auditor
Insurance (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 11, 2017
Excellent opportunity for a self starter. The company is willing to train. Good benefits, income potential is good, may need to travel when inventory levels are not sufficient.
Moving most jobs to India.
Desktop Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 17, 2017
OSI was purchased by EXL and they are sending most of the work to India.

Since most of the change will happen in the fall, not really sure how much of the change will affect my role. So at this time not much in the way of job security.
Pros
Good work and life balance.
Cons
Loss of jobs over seas.
Enjoyed working with other aduditors, customer, and insureds. My boss was the best.
Premium Auditor (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYMay 8, 2017
Best part of the job was traveling to new places, meeting new people, developing audits, interacting with the customers and working with the software. Not so great was trying to get insureds scheduled for audits.
Good Company
Insurance Premium Auditor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 18, 2017
This is a good company to work for. If you are self-motivated and self-disciple than this is the job for you. After extensive prep-work than you are very much on your own. As long as you turn in the the required work in a timely manner, you will have no problems. Very good company to work for.
Pros
make your own schedule, extensive training, excellent benefits
Cons
no "co-worker" atmosphere, commission based pay, inventory reliance
Horrible Mgt, Forced to work off clock
Premium Auditor (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 9, 2017
The management consists of sending 20 threatening emails every day in poor grammar. Meeting the insured customers is the best part. I love auditing but I despise this company. I was treated more professionally when I was 16 and worked at McDonalds. Since.EXL buyout, it is even more abusive and awful. We are forced to work off the clock illegally to meet the same production we used to work 50 hours for in 40 hours. Indian reviewers that can't write Ebglish well waste your time by sending 70% of reviews back for things they don't understand. Your job is threatened every week in emails from management if production is not met. No one at company offers anything supportive or positive. There is no work-life balance and the job is absolutely soul-crushing.
Pros
Set own schedule
Cons
Schedule will be 50 hrs, Horrible managers
Great management
PREMIUM AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 14, 2017
I work remotely from my home but, spent a week at the corporate office in Overland Park, KS for training. The training was exceptional and the support is top-notch. Very friendly environment and management is approachable.
Pros
work from home
Cons
work from home
I was made many promises that they never fulfilled
Premium Auditor (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 3, 2017
The work was enjoyable, but I was taken for granted and taken advantage of at this company.
On a few occasions I was asked to take on extra work in inconvenient territories with the promise that Id be given more work in the area that I desired. It never happened.
I agreed to travel for relief trips, in other states, with the promise of eventual job promotion. They actually eliminated the position they tempted me with, and closed the physical office location in my region. They knew the office was closing when they tempted me with the promotion.
Ability to balance work and family life
WC Claims/Premium Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 23, 2016
I enjoyed my job with Overland Solutions, Inc. It allowed for flexibility in setting my own schedule in addition to all other employees within our branch office.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Possibility for Advancement
Areas too big- compensation and benefits too low
Auditor 1 (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 2, 2016
Training was pretty good, but the pay for the amount of travel and work it is not worth it. My area spanned about 700 miles, and if you are single that would be great, but if not don't bother. Also, benefits deductible (3,000 for a family) has to be met first before 90% would be covered. The job is exhausting and very time consuming. If you like mentally challenging work and numbers work for you, this might be the job for you. Personally, I like a more personable approach not just "get down to business". The people you audit are the best part of this job.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Pay, healthcare
Good work environment seeking innovation from employees.
Risk Control Quality Control Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILAugust 16, 2016
Each day was fairly unique, with little routine and presented different and new challenges. I participated in bi-monthly conference call meetings to ensure all all department employees were informed of current events. Also, the most enjoyable part of the position was solving problems, and assessing risk, while making recommendations on how to implement new changes to enhance overall risk exposures.
Pros
Working independently
Cons
Consistently taking phone calls well beyond typical business hours and weekends
Lots of work opportunities but spread over too much territory and too infrequent to be profitable.
Property Risk Inspector (Former Employee) –  Western Missouri, Eastern KansasJune 13, 2016
A typical days requires lots of driving to remote locations to inspect various property types ranging from single family dwellings to commercial buildings. All of the results need to be documented with photographs.
Once the necessary inspections have been completed, the data needs to be uploaded into the company software in a timely basis.
Pros
The work is interesting and somewhat challenging.
Cons
The costs of travel. The time required for uploading the supporting documents.
Management Clueless
Inspector (Former Employee) –  RI MADecember 31, 2015
There is one loud and clear item I would like to bring to the footlights. Management here in technical services such as audit, inspection, consultative service, is clueless on how to speak to and communicate with employees. The work is excellent, the opportunities are boundless, and the tasks are interesting and challenging. But the management interaction with employees is not good. Some training in human kindness, empathy, and uplifting of employees would be a miracle corrective action. I try to remember this and it relates to this organization in a large way, please remember the people you meet on the way up you will meet again on the way down! Again I think the rank and file are just top notch the leadership is ill equipped, unknowing and it sums up as those the willing, are led by the unknowing, and accomplishing everything, having been given nothing.
Pros
Team
Cons
Aloof management