Overlook Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Places 45 on fortune one hundred company. Very dynamic place with challenges and reward for hardworking.
facility manager (Former Employee) –  Summit New JerseyOctober 8, 2015
One of the Best place to work at. Managed 25 employees including cashiers, security officers, traffic control and perform customer service to both employees and patients. About 9500 cars passes through our garages, decks and lots.
A typical day starts with checking/ reading emails, reading log book on activities and reports for the day. May sure all scheduled employees are at post and on time. Do payroll, send revenue to the bank and attend meeting when necessary. Collate sales into daily revenue report.
Coworkers are part of the team and are treated as such. I like to motivate and acknowledge hard workers.
Most enjoyable part of the job is to assist patients and to make sure their visit to the medical center is pleasant as possible.
I like taking the challenge of managing.
great managemnt
CNA (Former Employee) –  New Wilmington, PAOctober 20, 2015
Place was a good atmosphere, management was great, patients were excellent. Really enjoyed my time there. Injury forced me to leave
I learned much about the Central Service Department and what it takes to be a great Central Sterile Processor.
Surgical Processing Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJDecember 20, 2015
I spent my days in Decon, Prep/Pack, Dispatch and Storage. I learned each position thoroughly within the departments of Central Service.
Great hospital
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 16, 2015
Overlook is a great place to work. I have been working there for about 5 years, I enjoy going to work every day. My coworkers are friendly, helpful and supportive. The management is good, I can't complain.
Things to consider
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJApril 6, 2012
Overall, great place to work. Choose department wisely. Pleasant atmosphere. Friendly people. Advancement in education encouraged overall, but not by all management.
Pros
stable, great place to learn and grow, tuition reimbursement, great for aspiring nurses
Cons
limited benefits, poor/ life balance
Stressful but rewarding place to by employed
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJNovember 12, 2013
The floor is currently short staffed, so it's not unusual to have more than 6 patients during your shift. Charge nurse usually has a patient assignment as well. There's usually two techs for 34 patients, but it's not uncommon for there to be only one tech. On lucky days there are three techs. McKesson is the electronic documenting system which is not the most user friendly or easy to get accustomed to.
Pros
pay, incentives, benefits, resources
Cons
staffing, management support
Productive and Great Learning Experience
PD Unit Representative ICU/Neuro ICU (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJAugust 9, 2015
WEEKLY Staff Meetings, MONTHLY Unit Rep Meetings.
EVERY MORNING, gave report, printed daily census. Replinished files, up-kept cleanliness. Organize and guarded patient private charts/files/authorizations.
Extremely caring environment where the patients and family members well being was top priority.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJAugust 10, 2014
Started at 7 am and followed a routine when allowable. Sometimes the unexpected happened, people needed things; had to prioritize as always in patient care. Learned a lot from patients and families. Management was very involved in the daily goings on and treated employees very well. Co-workers were angels; the most caring and compassionate group of people have ever worked with who had an extremely genuine concern for their patients with the utmost respect. The hardest part of the job was when a patient passed away because you developed a bond with them and got to know them and their families and was very sad. Most enjoyable to me is working with people and if I could make their day better by just a few kind words or sharing an experience, it is well worth it and extremely rewarding.
Pros
co-workers work together as a team, always willing to help out when needed, always there to teach something new.
Cons
nothing negative except for the loss of a patient from disease.
Exciting, challenging,
Dietitian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJAugust 24, 2012
-Help patients make food choices for breakfast,
lunch, and dinner using a personal digital
assistant (PDA) device.
-I learned how to adjust patients' food selections
based on their diet, and medical condition.
-Management is very organized, and democratic.
-My coworkers are very knowledgeable, and
supportive.
-The hardest part of the job is making sure
patients receive all the food items they
selected.
-The most enjoyable part of the job is speaking
to the patients and help them make their food
selections.
Pros
the hospital is a relaxing environment, even in the busiest times.
Cons
the personal digital assistance (pda) sometimes malfunction.
Atlantic health system has excellent customized programs for employees and patients.
Medical Technologist (Core Laboratory) (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJJune 17, 2015
An excellent company, part of Atlantic health system, listed in the Fortune 100 companies for seven consecutive years, providing excellent patient care.
Great workplace
Lead Radiologic Technologist- CT/ MRI (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJFebruary 7, 2014
Nice People
Great services
Opportunity of advancement
nice facility
Pros
good benefits
great working environment
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJMay 3, 2015
very friendly office. everyone and even the doctors are amazing! the staffs are really nice. they are really respectful. everyone is out to help each other. you learn something new every day.
Is a good way to get your foot in the door.
Dietitian Assistant (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJJanuary 24, 2013
But there's little opportunity for growth.
I'm currently looking for a job that provides a new and challenging duties. An increase in Salary from what I'm currently making. And most importantly, growth.
Diverse work experience
CphT (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJMarch 16, 2014
The job has many different positions within the pharmacy.
Plenty of chances to learn and use different tasks.
Pros
helpful management
Cons
limited employee onsite parking
fun place to work
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJMay 13, 2014
management encouraging
staff friendly and helpful
love the nicu and peds floor
Teaching hospital with nurturing environment for new nurses. Education dept. & unit mgrs. offer full support for learning experiences.
Nurse Extern (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJMarch 30, 2013
Excepted immediately as a nurse extern. Staff very welcoming and treated me with respect as a "nurse". Assignments made based on preceptor's judgment and clinical coordinator's expectations for performance. Allowed many learning opportunities and doctor assists.
Pros
learning experiences
Cons
none during the program
food service served to employees and guest as well as patients
Food Service Rep (Current Employee) –  summit ,njSeptember 17, 2013
my job is very challenging and creative the hardest part is our pay days and rush time the cafeteria is packed so enclosed you would have thought that it was raining outside
Pros
free lunch snacks and beverage
Cons
short breaks during the craziest moments
fun work place
PD ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT RADIOLOGY DEPT (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJAugust 27, 2014
excellent team work very friendly people you strive for the better
overall one of the best hospitals
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  summit, njJuly 3, 2012
we are known for a great neuro science department, we have a great team, and we work well with others
Pros
great communicating
Cons
nothing
I enjoy working at Overlook Medical Center!
Radiation Therapist (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJJuly 28, 2013
I love my coworkers and every patient I have treated over the past year! Overlook Medical Center is a great place to work and I truly enjoy it!

4.6