Overstock.com Employee Reviews

Working for the O
B2B Sales and CS Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 16, 2017
Overstock.com has had turnover and compensation issues, however the company is unique and fun in many ways if you fit. Metric driven mostly and for those that do well they are generally rewarded. Way stressful at times and the company termed "nut cracker" that happens every year post Q4 is a morale killer. This is where many are let go post holiday busy season or to right expenses. The company has some really great people and some really terrible ones. More extreme than other companies I have worked with where things are more in the middle somewhere as a whole. If you are unable to find something that is really what you want, Overstock is ok to work for as a bridge to something else and to learn from as an experience.
many years ago, the workplace wasnt to bad
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Evanston, WYNovember 1, 2017
I worked this job many many years ago, I haven't seen it since it relocated into another state but when I did work there; it wasn't a bad environment and people seemed friendly and always wanted to make sure you knew what to do any type of situation.
Pros
breaks and benefits
Cons
cant remember to long ago
Great Atmoshere
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 7, 2017
I love the people I work with, but there are not many chances for advancement without experience, or without knowing someone in the department you want to go.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great people
Cons
Not enough chance for advancement
Overstock
Executive Relations (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTOctober 6, 2017
I first started out as a customer service rep and then quickly moved into a supervisor role. From there I also did a lot of social media and overstock.com forums.
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Elma, WAOctober 5, 2017
Very true to what they say. The management is supportive and easy going and willing to help you learn. Very fun enviorment and people friendly. The care factor is awesome when it comes to their empolyees
Pros
The people you work with
Cons
Sitting at desk all day is hard mad customers
Awesome Start
Selenium Tester (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake County, UTSeptember 15, 2017
B2C website Overstock.com & its Incorporation is an American online retailer headquartered in Utah, near Salt Lake City. It initially sold surplus and returned merchandise on an online e-commerce marketplace. In recent years, it has expanded to sell new merchandise as well.
Great pay and facility with coworkers who weren't straightforward and supervisors who were not fair.
Sorter/Loader (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTSeptember 14, 2017
No benefits, management let me go because I "wasn't performing up to speed" even though I was the best sorter there (no mistakes, correct work methods, efficient, always on time, reliable, etc). Good paying job but just terrible supervisors and a mediocre staff.
great
Copywriter (Current Employee) –  Midvale, UTSeptember 12, 2017
great company with great benefits. Location and new building are really great. There is a cafeteria, gym, childcare, and health clinic onsite which are very convenient.
Good job
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 4, 2017
Was a good job to work for but needed more hours and better pay plus they need to inprove on there mangment some they had alot of temps that made it hard on everyone else
It's ok
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 3, 2017
It's an ok place to work the management (upper management) could be better; used to be a better place to work but management changed. Immediate supervisors and coworkers are nice
Great Company
Billing Administrator- Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 1, 2017
This is a great company with a diverse group of people & diverse options in departments and positions. It can be difficult when working with different departments & understanding the undercurrents of departmental relationships.
Fair place to work
Software Tester (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 22, 2017
For the most part they have been fair to me; however, it seems that there is minimal opportunity for growth or career advancement. Additionally a lot of the software development "talent" they go out of their way to hire and offer better salaries to are pretty mediocre with no real aspirations. The one's that aren't are often unfilled by the work they are given. They would benefit from younger talent but unfortunately as I've said they have no real interest in training or developing people's careers.
Pros
Nice building, flexible hours.
Cons
Understimulating work
productive and a fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 18, 2017
Overstock.com made sure that we were equally working our hardest, and taking the time to take care of ourselves it was a very fun place to work. The management made the work place exciting.
Pros
Food truck lunches, employee appreciation days
Cons
Non
Productive place to work. Great people and great enviroment
Copywriter (Current Employee) –  Midvale, UTAugust 18, 2017
I have worked for overstock.com for almost 2 years now and have enjoyed every minute of it. I love the people that I work with and the job that I have. My main job is to write and edit product descriptions for the website.

In addition, I participate in weekly meetings and help to come up with new and innovative ways to improve the overstock website and the copywriting team.
Pros
Occasional parties, fun atmosphere, work freedom
Cons
Production wa sfun and everyone in the work place was fun
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Elma, WAAugust 10, 2017
I love working at overstock, everyone is so much fun. The only problem is the people really tend to kick you down. The supervisors are the best, the managers are even better.
Fun environment but unforgiving
Training and Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 8, 2017
The unfortunate truth about Overstock.com is that you have to earn your trust with the leaders. When a new associate is hired you are not allowed to make decisions based on your experience you have to run everything past someone else for approval. Not empowered at all.
Cs
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 7, 2017
This was a great company to work for.

A typical day would consist of making sure Overstock's customer were taken care of and treated fairly in the most timely manner.
Ovrestock.com
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTAugust 2, 2017
I would really rather not write any thing about Overstock, I had never worked for a call center before. At the beginning working at the castle
was fun a little laid back, people laughed seemed to enjoy their jobs.
When transferred to the Peace Coliseum it seemed dry their was no fun just a lot of micro managing.
Pros
Nice cafe, concerts
Cons
health insurance was expensive
Fun Place
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 28, 2017
It has a great culture and everything but it is a bit slow to move up into the fields of your choice. People are really friendly and they are willing to help you if you need it.
Your team is everything
Senior Software Engineer in Test (Current Employee) –  Midvale, UTJuly 26, 2017
Your success at Overstock depends on the team you work with; and your team will depend on you. The expectation is that you will do your best work, be willing to work from home late at night, and fit in with your team socially.
Bonuses and salary raises are based on the performance of the team. You can expect to make a release to your customers at a minimum of once a month (low performing teams) and as much as five times a month (high performing teams or teams with critical pieces).
You are expected to know what to do with little coaching.
Pros
Cafeteria, health clinic, gym on site, relaxed dress code, new offices
Cons
Vague requirements, hippy vibe