Overstock.com

Overstock.com Employer Reviews

Productive and fun work environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahFebruary 26, 2015
Everyone was there to do their job and have fun while doing so. I learned a lot from working there for a year and everything that I have learned i will take on to other jobs that I will work.
Very diverse, fun.
Product Care (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: there were lots of fun times, co-workers were great.
Cons: salaries and raises are few and far between.
The company worked hard to treat their employees well. Advancement was pushed and I was able to gain experience with other aspects of the company.

The workforce was very diverse, with truly amazing people and cultures.

The hardest part of the job, is management. They talked about how you could advance in the company, but rarely did anyone move up. It was usually based on 'Who you know and not What you know'.
Online shopping with strangers!
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: discounts, great pay, game systems in the catered lunch room.
Cons: it could have been a little less far away location wise.
Helping customers navigate, operate accounts and shopping online.
Handling any tracking and shipping questions.
There was time set aside to study videos on a variety of fun topics.
I was studying, Adobe Flash, and Adobe Photoshop.
Im over stocked!
Accountant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2015
Good starting experience. Good environment with friendly management. Flexible schedule great for students. Hard work that is good for preparing for a future in a corporate job.
Overall a good company but plan on being busy
Coordinator (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: fun co workers and some fun activities
Cons: long hours during thanksgiving and christmas holidays
I have learned a lot about an online website and all the parts necessary to have it work smoothly.I have also learned about managing others and the upkeep that it takes. The last 3 months of the year is the biggest time for a online retailer so Christmas is hard to enjoy and you have little time to enjoy it with family because of the heavy workload at that time of the year. I love going to our company party they rent out Lagoon Theme Park and we get to take our family's with us so we all get to hang out together and have fun for a change.
It does'nt pay my expenses.
Delivery driver (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: drove only when needed.
Cons: not enough deliveries.
Although it is a great place to shop for furniture, working here can not pay my expenses. I need other employment.
Great Work/Life Balance, Poor Vision and Culture
IT Employee (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 3, 2014
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: poor leadership
It's great being able to have hobbies outside of work and spend time with my family. I like my work and feel like my contribution is valued. However, top-tier management (CEO, President, Executive-level leadership) has no idea how to run a company. They lack professionalism on all levels and only have an HR department to keep themselves out of legal trouble. Many of the biggest projects are undertaken on a whim or based on the CEO's "philosophy", without being studied or analyzed. Millions of dollars are wasted on these kinds of projects which more often than not turn out to be a bust. It will last because of the ingenuity of the mid-level managers, who are actually great people, but the biggest thing holding this company back are the executives who haven't got a clue.
Fun and entertaining place to work.
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Tooele, UTOctober 10, 2014
Pros: great people to work with.
Cons: not the field i want to be in
This has been a good place to work. The company treats their employees very well.
Merchandising Manager
USA as a Freelancer Merchandiser & Designer (Former Employee), Atlanta,USASeptember 22, 2014
Overstock.com (Utah, USA based) is one of the premier ecommerce website of home goods, accessories, office & electronics products etc. My role was to source the products from different apparel & home furnishing wholesalers n manufacturers by visiting Trade shows in Atlanta and High point- North Carolina.
Creating a marketing campaign for new and old products at reasonable price points and marketing by email to overstock customers and overstock.com online users.

Identifying the overstock inventory with the wholesalers n the distributers.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 25, 2014
Pros: different food vendors coming to office to serve food
I would talk incoming chats for various issues such as the status of an order, setting up a return, setting a parts request.

I have learn a lot about being more empathetic via chat and email, better ways to write something to a customer.

My co-workers are great! They are easy to get a long with and make coming into work fun.

The hardest part of this job is saying something via chat or an email without offending the customer.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the people I've met via doing my job and the people I'm working with.
fun fun place to work for i loved it
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 14, 2014
Pros: always willing to give you all the tools you needed for suscess
Enjoy working for strong , positive company where growth is encouraged
Colleagues are great, Company culture and management not so much
BUYER (Current Employee), Salt Lake CityJuly 7, 2014
Pros: great bunch of people
Cons: management, pay, benefits.
Great bunch of employees at Overstock and not bad work life balance. Management isn't proactive or receptive to ideas from their employees.
Overstock is terrible for career advancement.
Principle Developer (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 1, 2014
IT is top heavy and has really stopped hiring. They are switching to contract work.
Great place and culture with great people.
Fraud Investigator (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 20, 2014
I was in fraud prevention, It was a great learning experience. We conducted searches on people who were detected or that reported fraud.
.....
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 12, 2014
Good company over all. Looking to advance within the company.
horrible management
Customer Care (Former Employee), Salt lake CityMay 22, 2014
Pros: lagoon day
Cons: management
This place is a great place to work if you are into favoritism. I wouldn't suggest my worst enemy work there. I couldn't leave this company fast enough. I worked there for a year and a half and am a hard worker and was never complimented, just degraded and cut down. Don't work here unless you are absolutely desperate!
Nepotism runs wild here
Bilingual Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tooele UtahMay 17, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: health insurance, nepotism
You do not have a set schedule, it is rare when you get a full weekend off.
If you are not related to Stormy Simon or anyone from upper management you will not succeed with this company. Stormy's family gets the better shift schedules. ALWAYS! Ask anyone that works there.

Managers are yelling to get out of wrap up when there are calls holding letting customers hear them yelling at you.
Insurance is terrible!
Pool table, ping pong, big screen tv
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), West Valley City, UTApril 9, 2014
Pros: lagoon day, care week
Cons: bad scheduling, unfair promotions, health care is alright but not affordable.
The company overall is a good company to work for, however I am very unhappy with the way they promote within. I have been there for five years and feel that I have been held back from becoming a manager, supervisor. I have already had experience in these areas. I have also owned my own business as well.
Great place to work with great people!
Tier 3 Customer Care Team Lead/Coach (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 6, 2014
Pros: they do a lot for their employees.
Cons: the drive versus the compensation
Day to day operations are a fast paced environment with ever changing challenges.

I have learned how to adapt quickly, provide assistance to my subordinates and how to get better everyday.

Management is great at Overstock.com. They are always helpful and encourage you to be your best everyday.

The Overstock.com environment is pretty unique as in you get to truly be yourself. It is an accepting environment and that attitude has bred a happy group of employees.

The hardest part of the job is the drive in to be honest.

It is satisfying knowing you are given the tools and training to help every customer with their issues.
A great company with a dedicated department.
Fraud Investigator (Former Employee), Holladay, UTJanuary 22, 2014
I was hired on as a seasonal fraud investigator. I enjoyed the work, especially because I knew I was helping save customers from a lot of grief and frustration.

1 2 3 4

About Overstock.com

Overstock.com allows you to shop a Persian bazaar of clothes, housewares, music, books, and more. The online discount retailer – Read more