Overstock.com

Overstock.com Employer Reviews

fun fun place to work for i loved it
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 14, 2014
Pros: always willing to give you all the tools you needed for suscess
Enjoy working for strong , positive company where growth is encouraged
Colleagues are great, Company culture and management not so much
BUYER (Current Employee), Salt Lake CityJuly 7, 2014
Pros: great bunch of people
Cons: management, pay, benefits.
Great bunch of employees at Overstock and not bad work life balance. Management isn't proactive or receptive to ideas from their employees.
Overstock is terrible for career advancement.
Principle Developer (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 1, 2014
IT is top heavy and has really stopped hiring. They are switching to contract work.
Great place and culture with great people.
Fraud Investigator (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 20, 2014
I was in fraud prevention, It was a great learning experience. We conducted searches on people who were detected or that reported fraud.
.....
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 12, 2014
Good company over all. Looking to advance within the company.
horrible management
Customer Care (Former Employee), Salt lake CityMay 22, 2014
Pros: lagoon day
Cons: management
This place is a great place to work if you are into favoritism. I wouldn't suggest my worst enemy work there. I couldn't leave this company fast enough. I worked there for a year and a half and am a hard worker and was never complimented, just degraded and cut down. Don't work here unless you are absolutely desperate!
Nepotism runs wild here
Bilingual Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tooele UtahMay 17, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: health insurance, nepotism
You do not have a set schedule, it is rare when you get a full weekend off.
If you are not related to Stormy Simon or anyone from upper management you will not succeed with this company. Stormy's family gets the better shift schedules. ALWAYS! Ask anyone that works there.

Managers are yelling to get out of wrap up when there are calls holding letting – more... customers hear them yelling at you.
Insurance is terrible! – less
Pool table, ping pong, big screen tv
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), West Valley City, UTApril 9, 2014
Pros: lagoon day, care week
Cons: bad scheduling, unfair promotions, health care is alright but not affordable.
The company overall is a good company to work for, however I am very unhappy with the way they promote within. I have been there for five years and feel that I have been held back from becoming a manager, supervisor. I have already had experience in these areas. I have also owned my own business as well.
Great place to work with great people!
Tier 3 Customer Care Team Lead/Coach (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 6, 2014
Pros: they do a lot for their employees.
Cons: the drive versus the compensation
Day to day operations are a fast paced environment with ever changing challenges.

I have learned how to adapt quickly, provide assistance to my subordinates and how to get better everyday.

Management is great at Overstock.com. They are always helpful and encourage you to be your best everyday.

The Overstock.com environment is pretty unique as in – more... you get to truly be yourself. It is an accepting environment and that attitude has bred a happy group of employees.

The hardest part of the job is the drive in to be honest.

It is satisfying knowing you are given the tools and training to help every customer with their issues. – less
A great company with a dedicated department.
Fraud Investigator (Former Employee), Holladay, UTJanuary 22, 2014
I was hired on as a seasonal fraud investigator. I enjoyed the work, especially because I knew I was helping save customers from a lot of grief and frustration.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: company parties, benefits, 401k
Cons: short breaks, angry customers
Phone calls all day taking customer service calls. Taking escalated customer service calls. Co-workers were excellent.
Hard Working and Enjoyable Atmosphere
Software Developer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 20, 2013
I worked at Overstock.com for three months as an Enterprise Project that is a part of my degree. I worked with their Club O division automating a series of manual tests. I also integrated the automated tests with TestLink and used Jenkins to build and run the test suite.
Best place to work all around!
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTNovember 12, 2013
Pros: treat their employees with respect and dignity!
This was one of the best jobs I have ever had! If you get an oppurtunity to work with this company, DO NOT PASS IT UP!
good pay
Electronics Processor (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 21, 2013
A typical day at work would consist of working at a desk for ten hours examining returned electronics and processing them in the computer. The job was located in the warehouse so it was extremely loud and noisy the whole time.
Fun enviroment with a ping pong table and catering company's for lunch.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 24, 2013
Inbound calls from about 30-40 customers a day. Management was filled with really good people that new the work that needed to be done and the position I was in because they moved up from where they were. Co-workers were great people. The hardest part of the job was not enjoying the work environment and the people. The culture and the fun we had working.
Great Experience
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 16, 2013
Hard work, great place to learn how to be apart of a team.
Had a wonderful work schedule which allowed me to be active in my childrens life. It was awesome being able to work for a well known corporation.
Great workplace with a good culture.
Domestic Freight Specialist (Current Employee), Cottonwood Heights, UtahSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: challenging position with a good local company.
Cons: compensation is my only issue. the benefits are great but i would like an opportunity to make more.
I am always busy working to save the company money and be a productive employee. It is a great workplace with a great culture.
Overall a great job.
Customer Service front line agent (Former Employee), Tooele, UtahAugust 27, 2013
Pros: starting pay and benefits.
Cons: not much advancement opportunities. stressful.
Learned so much working for Overstock.com.

They care about their customers and employees.

Hardest part of the job would be when you get an irate customer and it is out of your control to help them out.

Pay is pretty good at $11.50 per hour.

Co Workers are so Awesome!
Always a challenge.
Web Content Coordinator (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 16, 2013
Pros: steady work, good benefits.
Cons: narrow corporate vision.
Each week, I was expected to write 9 articles -- one about the size of the other 8 combined -- and to edit the work of two other writers. A great opportunity for professional and artistic growth, but a constant challenge to work with writers of widely varying skill and experience.
Management was very supportive of our efforts, but the company operated – more... like a small retail store. I was never made to feel the writing team's contributions were recognized or appreciated. – less
Working there was hard work but fun
Director Emerging Businesses (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 8, 2013
Working there was fast paced. Standing up the initiative as quickly as possible even if it was not perfect was the number one priority. Capture the revenue! Work was balanced with laughter and support.

1 2 3

About Overstock.com

Overstock.com allows you to shop a Persian bazaar of clothes, housewares, music, books, and more. The online discount retailer – Read more