Owens & Minor Employee Reviews

Great job
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 29, 2016
Easy job with a lot of new learning experiences for me. Very professional atmosphere. Worked around a lot of people who took pride in what they do. Professionalism is a must. I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
No consistent holiday bonus
Work/family balance skewed
Operations (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 16, 2016
The culture of this company is totally different than the persona demonstrated at the corporate office. Field operations are churn and burn when it comes to the people.
Productive and fun workplace
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 10, 2016
I enjoy to work there take care people send the right product to the hospital.But the hard part was when they close down. I was working more that 3 years and i was a stock and replenis picking order, verify all producuts, pack and send it
Pros
We always have free lunch and fun
Cons
We have breaks and we have to care people too
Management issues
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILNovember 8, 2016
Owens and Minor as a company is not a bad place to work. In my particular distribution center, there were several issues with the GM that continue since leaving. Massive turnover, no accountability.
"Fighting a losing battle"
Picker (Current Employee) –  Owens and MinorOctober 27, 2016
Your a speck of dust in a dark shadow, you are left behind as some of your teammates ( favoritism) get to do what they please and leave when they want, you are just a voice that travels in one ear and out the other

Your basically trapped in a frozen forest

Unfair, terrible management/supervision, little pay for a lot of back killing work, get picked on

Do not work here, you will be doomed
Pros
Overtime if you like it
Cons
Everything, Jennifer, equipment. Squinty eyes 👀 --> "I know you did this, I know you made this mistake, I can tell you did this"
Horrible Supervisors
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Paulsboro, NJOctober 27, 2016
Management is incompetent, they (Tony & Dino) have no regard for the lives & safety of their employees. You'll be cheated out of your break times & the excuse will be because of the RF system designed by corporate (just an excuse to force employees to work even faster in a dangerous environment). If you're desperate for a job, and don't mind working like a slave and being treated like a child, then this is the job for you. 1220 Forest Pkwy, Paulsboro, NJ 08066
Pros
Pay day, Weekends Off
Cons
Work Environment, Management/Supervisors, Tools/Equipment.
work like a slave
bulk shipping (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAOctober 26, 2016
45 people were just laid off august 27,2016..reason cause they lost 60 percent of there business.. there is a lot of favortism,high insurance rates,if you like to work 11 hours days including weekends
listening to a command system in your ear all day..
Pros
friendly co-workers..free baseball tickets
Cons
short breaks, 11 hour shifts, management sucks
Decent, but annoying
Distribution Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MIOctober 25, 2016
You're picking orders for hospitals all day. Managers are nice enough. Pay is alright. Time off is great. 2 weeks vacation after 6 months. Sick days, holidays, 401k, etc...
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Jennifer
Friendly work environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 20, 2016
Owens and Minor could be a very good company to work for if the compensation was more, although I took a pay cut I enjoyed working here.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Laid Off
Big company that makes you feel like you are working with famiy.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAOctober 20, 2016
I worked with Supply Chain Services within the hospital. I sat in on three products committees. I provided savings and potential savings opportunities monthly. I learned that in this ever changing healthcare industry we need to constantly listen to what our customers needs are and be their trusted advisor. Management and my coworkers were always supportive. O&M had some of the best mentors out there. The biggest challenge was all the wind shield time I put in.
However, I really enjoyed my customers.
Pros
Great supportive team
Cons
Wind shield time
Warehouse Coordinator
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAOctober 18, 2016
good experience learned a lot from being there management was amazing they have a lot of great hard working people there that have really dedicated themselves to get the job done
Pros
great management great workers
Cons
overtime is horrid, a lot of people go in and out
Horrible office atmosphere/management
Office (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 16, 2016
HR rarely in office and when they are they are of absolutely no help. Management is a joke and take on a babysitter role instead of a leadership role. Moral is very low, and hours take forever to go by. In less than 1 year company went through two major layoffs and more is expected as they keep losing business. Management expects you to kiss their butt. only rated 1 star because it would not allow zero stars.
Pros
Cons
Pay, point system, management, HR, low moral, sewage smell/problems, AC problems, computer system problems, healthcare benefits
Fast Paced Job. Hours Fly By!! can be rewarding at times
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, OROctober 15, 2016
A Great place to learn about logistics and distribution, and how the medical supply chain works. A lot of great people that you work with, like many businesses they have made huge drastic changes in the last 7 years. which have not always been the best. the managers can either be involved with whats going on in their departments, Or in their owns world, depending on what DC and Department you work in. Hardest part is too many chiefs and communications from Corp to the Dc's are poor.
Pros
Average to good pay, depending on what department, Decent break Rooms and Good Free Tea and Coffee, TV. free lunches 1-3 times a year
Cons
Low morale at times, Corp sick/late point Policy which is absolutely childish.
Looking for a change.
Receiver/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 13, 2016
Turn over is really high. System has a lot of ongoing issues which makes it hard to do your job to the fullest. They don't appreciate people with experience.
Benefits
Cons
Turn over
Unprofessional management, crazy hours and inaccurate payment
Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 10, 2016
The management is not very straight forward. They choose favorites and pick on the people they do not like. They make people feel unwelcome ... have lost several employees in the last week behind hectic work schedules and drama in management. They work you 60 hours a week, but complain if you ask for a sick day or paid time off. They mix up your hours constantly and try to gip people on overtime pay .
Good pay and reasonable job expectations
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 9, 2016
customer service representative , not a bad position. Fair pay but limited locations to work. The job consisted of processing medical supplies for local businesses and hospitals.
Pros
fair pay
Cons
limited work locations
great team mates
order picker/Stock picker certified (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 26, 2016
It is a fast paced job with very little room for growth within the company, minimal benefits, and unorganized management. The hardest part of the job is the pace as well as the workload with very little staff.
Pros
overtime good money
Cons
no more overtime
Overall the work environment is ok for the Kansas City location.
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 24, 2016
The company overall is a good place to work. The location in Kansas City for Owens & Minor is less than satisfactory. Very long working hours with less than normal staff on hand.
Pros
Customer service bonuses, party themes
Cons
MED number points, Long hours, Managment staff
Fast paced but not everyone is hard working.
Warehouse Coordinator Bulk (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 22, 2016
Great place to get warehouse experience. Co workers are very friendly. Company you get certified on lift machines. Comes with benefits bonuses.
Assembly was easy But....
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCSeptember 21, 2016
The assembly itself was not an issue. It was the staff. The line supervisors have "big head" syndrome. They argue on the floor in front of everyone like small kids. Instead of working together it is every man for themselves. Working overtime on Saturday's gets old quick. Especially when it is months before having two days off a week. Family life VS work life is a horrible ratio. I would have stayed much longer but there are people that have been here for over 15 years that needs to go.Their common decency on how to talk with people have disappeared. The attitudes are nasty. The revolving door of people should tell HR what is wrong at this location. Besides the ridiculous point system.
Pros
Pay decent
Cons
Point system, Line Supervisors