Owens & Minor

Owens & Minor Employer Reviews

large scale national company
Contracts Coordinator (Former Employee), Greensburg, PAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: relaxed environment
Cons: too many corporate policies
co workers were easy to work with. Corporate policies were a little stringent.
Great place
Distribution Coordinator (Former Employee), Waunakee WIFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Cons: it moved
From top management down everyone was treated kindly and with respect. We had weekly TEAM TALK, with the General Manager. The atmosphere surrounding O & M was light , and very positive ..we worked together to accomplish our goal ..daily.
Management..
Warehouse Associate Full Time (Former Employee), Carol Stream, ILFebruary 11, 2014
Employees are Great!
Management is terrible,before moving into the new RDC everything was Great! Company should have done a better job of configuring everything before the big move! Too bad they decided to get rid of so many GREAT Employees, due to the matter, seems as if they want Bigger and Better, Should have looked over what mattered, to make their – more... business GROW, but lots of people seem to hate it, due to the new RDC and changing of hours put alot of them in a horrible spot. People do have lives, doesn't revolve around the company, Don't get me wrong it was fine at first but all the changes make employees want to quit/ or other reasons.. – less
Flexible, fast paced and autonomic work environment.
Process Improvement Specialist (Current Employee), Hanover, MDFebruary 4, 2014
As an employee who spends 40% of their day on a computer and the other 60% in a distribution center a typical day is fast paced and has new challenges on a daily basis. Picked up a corporate environment rather quickly. It is a very team oriented environment to the point where line workers and management pair together to accomplish company goals. The – more... hardest part of the job is being able to react to the whirlwind (day to day operations) on a daily basis but this is also the most enjoyable and rewarded part of the job as well. – less
Nice place to work
Senior Department Analyst (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 30, 2014
Great company to work for. Lots of good people. Depending on the department you're in, ability to work from home often. Free gym on site at the Home Office. Lots of learning opportunities in house as well.
its a job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: no
start at 2pm.there is alot of medical stuff that u ndont think about!
Hard working and fun environment.
Distribution Coordinator (Former Employee), Waunakee, WIJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: overall great place to work.
Cons: distribution center was consolidated out of state.
Owens And Minor consisted of a hard working environment, along with a rewarding and fun atmosphere. A great place to work overall.
Customer Service
Shipping and Receiving Coordinator (Current Employee), Hebron, KYJanuary 7, 2014
Consistently perform all job duties at the highest rate of productivity and accuracy

Prepare orders for shipment

Ensure accuracy of all ordered supplies

Act as a support for other teammates to ensure accuracy of orders and increase personal accuracy and productivity
Work Environment
Shipping Coordinator/Certified Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 2, 2014
Cons: managent doesn't listen to employees with supervisor issues
If you have a problem with management, they will always take the supervisors word until you have a lawsuit.
FASTER ENVIROMENT WAREHOUSE OF MEDICAL SUPPLIES
ORDER SELECTOR COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 26, 2013
i learn a lot in receiving department and the process to pick orders and shipped every day was a fun day we work like family.
Management is a joke
warehouse worker (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 16, 2013
Pros: none to think of
Cons: favortism within the management
Current management is bias and favortism runs rampid in this place. The management team covers up everything that is going on. All you have to do is complain too much or want to talk to the corporate HR department and be ready to receive a gift or gift card to keep you quiet.

This warehouse is so disorganized, the management team is clueless and this – more... is only because they have their own agenda. The GM is an idiot and forced out one of the best managers this year that turned around the warehouse years ago. Since this joker is in place he runs around taking the credit for everyone's elses accomplishments. Its only time before this warehouse is run to the ground which to all my fellow teammates, its already there! – less
Not a good place to work
Order Picker/forklift (Former Employee), carol streamDecember 11, 2013
too much nepotism, favoritism. Does not treat employees fairly. Supervisors use curse words at employees. No respect for employees.
Extremely friendly environment with great work/life balance
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Richmond VADecember 9, 2013
Owens&Minor is an extremely teammate and community focused organization. The location where I work has a gym with lunch time classes and an onsite OMUniversity that offers courses on a variety of topics. Volunteerism in the community is enthusiastically encouraged by all levels of management and the company routinely supports events such as Special – more... Olympics and Richmond Rebuilding Together.

The work environment can be demanding at times due to the progressive nature of the company. However, friendly teammates help create an atmosphere that fosters a positive/collaborative team effort.

Overall, Owens&Minor is a good place to work. – less
Typical Day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Moundsview, MNDecember 2, 2013
Pros: great overall experience in a distribution center.
Cons: long hours due to time sensitive medical orders.
Responding to customer inquiries via phone and email. Prioritize which tasks are time sensitive. I have learned how important customer service is between each customer and each department of the company. Customer service truly is the heart of the operations and communication. Management communicated with each department very well. They were always open – more... to answer questions or explain a situation. My co-workers could not have been more helpful. They have a strong team ethic however each member of the team was able to work effectively on their own. The hardest part of this position was the time sensative requests by the customer. This being a medical related position, each decision could mean life or death. I would always make sure the customer knew the status of an order so there was never any confusion. The most enjoyable part of this position was being part of the customer service team. I also enjoyed getting to know my clients and building a trusting relationship with them. – less
False Promises
Temp (Former Employee), Carol Stream, ILNovember 29, 2013
Were told many different exciting things about the job but instead we were forced to bail cardboard and sweep the warehouse all day. Sometimes we would go to the hospital to do productive work but that was on rare occasion. I waited a few months to see if anything would change, but it didn't so I quit.
Secure place to wrok
Contracts Administrator for medical distributor (Current Employee), West Valley City, UTNovember 22, 2013
Pros: accomplishments
Cons: deadlines
I have learned about contracts in more detail. I work with a variety of employees over several states.
productive, like a small family
Distribution Coordinator (Former Employee), BirminghamNovember 21, 2013
Pros: hours
Cons: weather
It is like working with you family. Fun and productive. Always busy
Poor company recruiting
Warehouse manager (Former Employee), wilsonville OROctober 29, 2013
Cons: poor leadership
These people contacted me through linked in. The male recruiter said he was going to call me and never did . Poor mangement and follow up. Be careful ...
great company with excellent benefits
Account Specialist/Sales Representative (Current Employee), Granite CIty ILOctober 27, 2013
Manage 25 accounts, including hospitals, surgery centers, and nursing homes.
Identify opportunity for branded products.
Major accounts include Des Peres Hospital, St. Mary’s in Jefferson City MO, Phelps in Rolla MO, Capital Region in Jefferson City MO, and Bethesda Nursing Homes.
Provide administrative support to Sales Representatives on large accounts.
Respond – more... to telephone and email inquiries.
Established a reputation for outstanding customer service.
Captured five new accounts to include one hospital, two surgery centers, and two nursing homes  – less
Hospitality and knowledge based work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: being a helping hand, flexible schedule, close working community
Cons: salary and benefits, job security as a contracting company
While working at Owens and Minor, the company was contracted as the medical suppliers to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. I worked as the direct link between the hospital staff and the inventory. I communicated with the hospitals staff to quickly supply them with their medical supply need. Owens and Minor taught me Supply Chain Management, and as – more... one of three employees to control the inventory, we worked well under pressure. The most enjoyable part of that job was knowing that doing my job well meant helping to save a life. The hardest part, however, was the communication barrier between my company and the hospital staff. Only because there were different terms for different medical supplies, and sometimes it was hard to understand what they were asking for. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Owens & Minor

Owens & Minor (O&M) makes sure surgeons aren't left empty handed after shouting, "Scalpel, stat!" A leading distributor of medical – Read more