Owens & Minor Employee Reviews in United States

Independent working
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJune 1, 2016
Typical day included receiving and putting away product according to location. Mandatory overtime with timed breaks. Management good for the most part. Co-workers friendly. Hardest part not knowing end time of the day.
Pros
Rewarded for good numbers
Cons
Mandatory holiday hours
Part sales (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 1, 2016
its not good the people are cool at first then when you get comfortable then all the bad things start to come not a career but cool for your first job if you can take it
Good Overall Company
Distribution Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 29, 2016
Good overall company with a lot of overtime and opportunities to work as much as you want if you work hard. I've worked in two different departments learning as much as i can.
Pros
Bulk manager best in the business
Cons
contracts end every 5 years
Great company on paper
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSMay 22, 2016
Empty promises, management asks for opinions but immediately shuts them down because they are smarter than you, but then will try your opinion and say it was their idea the whole time, multi-faced people fill the warehouse
Cons
everyone has a different set of rules
privileged to work here!
Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAMay 22, 2016
family orientated,great environment,great people, great job. I would recommend anyone here that want's to work alot of hours and opportunities
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Productive and great culture to work in
Corporate Contracts Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 19, 2016
Great company to work for and provides many opportunities to advance your career.

Learned how to manage clients properly and successfully upsell clients on new products and services.
A great place to work
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCMay 19, 2016
I knew what my responsibilities were and I was allowed to complete my job on a daily basis without being micro-managed. The most enjoyable part of the job was being interactive with other teammates. The hardest part of the job was terminating people.
Fast paced atmoshere with selfish teammates and even worse upper management.
Former Teammate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 6, 2016
Standard Operating Procedures are determined in large Distribution Centers with 100's of teammates available for all tasks. In small DC's, like Albuquerque, you are expected to wear many hats and do all the same tasks while being measured for performance and time utilization and expected to hit all company goals. The expectations are impossible to meet and teammates usually cheat the system to hit their marks. Upper management is a joke and does not listen to lower level manager and supervisor when they tell them the goals are impossible to meet! They want to be the best but never lift a finger to help. Employees are constantly getting written up for poor performance. Moral sucks and teammates have a, "I'm doing what's best for me attitude and I don't give a darn about my teammates!" People call in all the time, and could care less how their absence impacts their teammates work day. You never get out on time and employees will do as little as possible. NOBODY TAKES INITIATIVE to do more than expected and there is way too much drama for a little place like this. Expect to work lots of overtime because its always short staffed and even though teammates know this, they still call in and make it worse. The pay rate is low for what is expected and pay checks are good because your constantly working overtime and have no life. Worst company I ever worked for!
Team culture
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 20, 2016
A company you are able to learn and grow with in your career.
The culture encourages you to work together for a common goal, the CUSTOMER.
Terrible place to work at!!
Dock Lead (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 15, 2016
Can't keep a full staff so the amount of overtime is ridiculous. your life literally revolves around that place. Terrible benefits and horrible raises.

Want to know more about Owens & Minor?

Ask a question
Great team to work with in the customer service department and warehouse.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILApril 12, 2016
A typical day at work was pleasant and constant. I learned that when things would get hectic, our team of customer service representatives would come together greatly as a team.
Management was not all that great. Policies and practices would change almost daily, leaving us to recant what we would tell our clients.
The hardest part of the job was the constant change in policies and being let go.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people that soon became like family
Cons
Management, job advancement, job security
Understaffed
Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYApril 8, 2016
The regular day at work was stressful, they was in the process of changing personal, firing everbody that they thought wasnt good enough for the job, even if you been there for many of years. What i learned working there was how to handle my peer, withen mangement and taking direct oders if i didnt like them or not.Some of the co-workers i did work with was unfriendly, so that made the job even worst, they had everyday a new body coming in there to fill the postion, so it was hard to get to know anybody. The best part of the job was just working, getting paid the right money, it was very hard for me to enjoy alot of the job because i was working over 50 hours daily seven days a week.
Started out great; Couldnt get pass one specific job.
Warehouseman/Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 6, 2016
They select who they want to have certain positions. The company doesn't really appreciate its employers like they say they do. Management was OK the teammates were OK.
Decent work, Poor management
DISTRIBUTION COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCApril 1, 2016
The work isn't bad, the people are fun to work with. The management is extremely poor. Zero work/life balance. Insane overtime, the company doesn't want to hire the help needed.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
MANAGEMENT
leader in MedSurg Distribution
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mounds View, MNMarch 29, 2016
Company is re-structuring as many teammates are losing their jobs. I loved my job working with Hospitals and their staff on-site. I learned many skills, advanced my knowledge and tuned up my abilities.
Great Company To Work For
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAMarch 28, 2016
I learned to work as a Team Player, supported, advancement . I have a great Team that I worked with daily. I reviewed reports, financials, ensure customer satisfaction and ensured the Team continued to grow and learn. I provided developments and growth. Performed appraisals and recruitment for jobs.
work summary
Shipping and receiving coordinator (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAMarch 26, 2016
Owens and minor is a great company to get on your feet at. I have learned how to be a part of a bigger organization. My people skills have improved greatly over these last 11 years. A typical day at work involved working as a team, making sure all products are safe and ready to load on the trucks.
Professional environment
Surgitrack Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 24, 2016
Love my work with Owens & Minor. Great leadership team and a great company to work for. I worked as a supervisor in a department called Surgitrack. I had a great experience and learned a lot. I was directly responsible for create the day's work for the 2 teammates in the department, fully implementing FDA regulations, monitor all incoming items needed to build the surgical kits, and I also learned a ton about supervising teammates in a diverse culture.
Shipping Lead (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAMarch 19, 2016
It is a growing business that is in the medical industry so the work will always be there. Some days are longer than others but a job is a job do your job the best you can and go home.
Pros
Fun and relaxed work environment
Cons
Bonuses are rare
Culture is magnificant
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYMarch 17, 2016
I loved this company for 20 years. I was engaged in all aspects of HR. Getting to know the teammates was my favorite part. Unfortunately due to company restructuring my position was eliminated. I am looking for a company to call my home away from home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Owens & Minor. Our community is ready to answer.