Owens & Minor Employee Reviews

Great Place To Work
Warehouse Distribution Coordinator (Former Employee), Jacksonville FlAugust 13, 2015
If your a person that wants to grow with a company this is the place you would want to work at . A lot of great people to work with and if you want to learn new things they will train you.
Easy, Mindless work
Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee), Carol Stream, ILAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Many start times, overtime avaliable
Cons: short breaks, everything you do is timed and traced through a program on your RF
Picking orders for hospitals and clinics, loading trucks, stacking pallets. heavy lifting, very easy. you leave when the work is done so there is never a definite out time which is the worst part of it all.
overall decent place to work
Distribution Coordinator (Former Employee), West Deptford, NJJuly 30, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: healthcare
It was a decent place to work and it was a convenient place to work until its closing. Loved working with the elderly and trying to keep them happy.
Productive with great coworkers
Warehouse Coordinator Supervisor (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 16, 2015
Organizing work for warehouse coordinators. Get all of the paperwork ready for shipments. Helping out other employees in the warehouse as I see fit to get the job done as efficiently as possible,
great place to work for with a friendly environment
inventory control supervisor (Current Employee), houston, TXJuly 8, 2015
Pros: great benefits and the environment is friendly
Cons: work hours are long and hard
a typical day of work is about 10-12 hours, best training and depending on your manager, you can either learn a lot or nothing at all, co workers are usually friendly and the hardest part of the job is dealing with office politics, most enjoyable is the coworkers
Terrible
Distribution Coordinator (Former Employee), Ashland, VAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: company raffles for things such as state fair or baseball tickets.
Cons: denied breaks, forced 70 hour weeks, terrible management
Upper management was completely clueless. Leadership positions are held by people who should not have even been considered qualified for the job.

My job was to sort the boxes for shipments, stack them on pallets, and load trucks. usually with 2 or 3 different shipments being run at the same time. Not too bad to juggle with 2 people. However, my co-worker quit. My team "leader" yelled at me for taking my first break in months, even though it had only been 5 minutes when it was supposed to be 15. I was left to do the entire job alone after my co-worker quit, which my team "leader" sat in a chair 10 feet away looking at their phone and talking. In our department we had at least 3 other people that knew how to do this job, but instead of pulling 1 person from the 9 person team to help they decided to leave me by myself. My team "leader" typically left before the shipments were even done being sent down the line to where I was so I had to go find the remaining items alone. I typically worked 14 hours a day running around on a concrete floor until it hurt too much to stand. The pay was far too low for the amount of work it actually turned out to be.

All of my complaints were blatantly ignored by several managers for months. This is a terrible company to work for and I would never refer anyone to this place.
It was a means to a end
Distribution Supervisor (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJune 14, 2015
Pros: vacation days
Cons: hard getting a DAY OFF
its a job that you have to need and want. Its a job that demands a lot of your time but only pays a little as a supervisor you have to pick, pack, load, scan, ship, unload, stock and still keep up with everything in the computer that your employees need
Best Job I Ever Had!
Director of First Impressions/HR Assistant (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 9, 2015
I was the Director of First Impressions and HR assistant and I loved my job! The management team was great; they did everything they could to help me learn and grow.
Really team oriented and really nice place to work
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), Livermore, CAJune 5, 2015
Pros: discounts on medical supplies
Cons: layoffs
I love, love the fact that they are really personal and remember your birthdays and go all out to decorate and make you feel welcome in all aspects of the job. they are team focused and incorporate a balanced team environment.
great environment
Group Leader Distribution (Former Employee), Valhalla, NYMay 23, 2015
Pros: TRIPS TO GO ON FREE
Cons: LIMITED OVERTIME
GREAT PLACE TO WORK FOR WILLING TO DO ANYTHING FOR THAT YOU NEED DONE.TRAINING YOU TO BE THE BEST YOU COULD AT THE POSITION AT HAND.
Busy warehouse
Warehouse (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMay 22, 2015
Cons: There is opportunity for part time employment but it is difficult to move into full time
The warehouse has receiving, put away and inventory control positions. The work load is very busy with productivity requirements.
Enjoyable job, difficult for promotion
WAREHOUSE LEAD (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 14, 2015
I liked the people I worked with. After 5 years of dealing with false truths from the management I decided to move on. I was one of the most productive individuals in the warehouse, that although I applied for several positions was never given an interview. The only time I was given raises or an opportunity for promotion was when the threat of resignation came about. It made me realize they valued my work ethic, but not the individual. The management has since changed, this was 10 years ago.
pharmeceautical company
Material Handler (Former Employee), Walnut, CAMay 1, 2015
I picked, shipped and received orders on a daily basis, maintained forklift batteries, and used UPS and FED EX shipping on on line
Fast pace with little to no errors.
Hospital Group Leader (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAMay 1, 2015
Owens and Minor has been in business for over 100 years. Typical day was to assign the work to the teammates for the daily routine. The hardest part of my job was keeping the team motivated. In a fast pace environment, It's easy for a individual to become unmotivated. I enjoyed watching my co-workers grow into a solid team from my command and leadership.
Fast paced work environment
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee), Hebron, KYApril 23, 2015
Day would be busy from the time you sat down at your desk until you went home. Lots of phone calls and emails as well as orders to review.
Great Atmosphere to work in, with a great crew to work along side with.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 22, 2015
A typical day of work would consist of inspection and picking orders for customers. At first the job was hard but once i got used to the orders daily then they started becoming easier.
melissa & doug
forklift driver (Former Employee), Tracy,caApril 17, 2015
Pros: other temp agency's that do help
Cons: dictatorship is strong
First glimpse everybody was doing their part. After 2 weeks I noticed certain employees slacking off. Went to boss and he told me I was at the wrong, I needed to do my part. Overall it's a biased place to work. If u don't mind watching people read/text during most of the shift while you work under presume this place is for you
Horrible
customer service (Current Employee), missouriApril 8, 2015
Pros: snacks
Cons: management
Pretty much what everyone else says is true. I thought it was just my warehouse and accounts but this is truly the worst job I've ever had. No room for advancement, any problem or question you may have will not get answered unless you speak on it daily or complain to HR. Doing your job correctly also gives your superiors room to give you every single project imaginable, rather than training correctly they just pick the person who gets it and throws all the work on them. No equality or understanding at all.
Great Leadership with good employee appreciation
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee), Tracy, CAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Great Leadership
Cons: Long Hours
This was hard work. We often worked 10-12 hour shifts and sometimes even more. The Leadership knew this and we were rewarded with team outings and dinners if time permitted.

I met a lot of good people and friends through this employer.
I enjoyed the team atmosphere and the friendly competitiveness that the job created.
Fast Pace workplace
Dock Associate (Former Employee), Pelham, ALMarch 30, 2015
Pros: temwork focus
A fast paced environment with great expectations on teamwork. Everyone worked together to make sure that all fright that entered the building was sorted correctly and placed in the right location to be picked by the 2nd shift.