Owens & Minor

Owens & Minor Employer Reviews

Owens and Minor
Shipping and Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 26, 2015
Management needs to be improved. The manager at the Jacksonville DC did not get around hardly to speak to the workers.
Fun place to work.
Full-Time Order Picker (Former Employee), West Deptford, NJJanuary 24, 2015
Operating a number of different types of forklifts/lift-trucks, while picking orders specifically assigned hospitals, ensuring that orders are picked quickly, efficiently, accurately and correctly. Pallets are then placed at the shipping dock to be shrink-wrapped and loaded into their specific truck to be shipped immediately.
Great place to work.
Pandac Analyst (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: benefits, pay, co-workers and management
Cons: lose position when contact is not renewed.
Worked as a contracted inventory analyst at a hospital. Managed par levels of the hospital's sutures and edomechanical instruments.
Enjoyed working for the company. Great benefits, co-works and management.
Not the best place to work
Distribution Coordinator (Former Employee), Carol Stream, ILJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: benefits, money sort of
Cons: everything else
Originally last year when coming aboard, the company seemed very promising. However, as time continued, and mainly with the change of new management, they have reinforced a goal of moving backwards, lacking common sense, and ESPECIALLY apathy towards their employees. I would not recommend anyone to work for them.
Good Pay, Great Team, Work Hard
Manager Medical Material Assembly (Former Employee), Mechanicsville, VADecember 27, 2014
Pros: great benefits, good pay
Cons: long hours, lots of travel
Owens and Minor is a great company to work for, many of the team members I have worked with and for over the last 6 years has been a great experience. Constantly learning day to day, the job never gets boring.

Management for the most part was good, it was the higher ups above my boss that seem to make decisions that didn't make any sense.

A lot of travel, spread thin. Work a lot of hours past normal working hours.

I most enjoyed working with the Team members I have got to know over the last 6 years, establishing new friendships, and becoming an integral part of our customer base providing services far beyond our competitors.
fun working with the nurses
Inventory Control Coordinator (Former Employee), Stanford, CADecember 25, 2014
Pros: your on your own time.
Cons: heavy lifting
We handle medical supplies for the hospital. Shipping, receiving, and stocking units in the hospital.

Dealing with nurses needs and being courteous to patients. knowing different types of medical supplies and equipment.

Management and co-workers are very diverse.

There's a lot of heavy lifting, loading and unloading supplies in the units. You can make your own schedule, take your breaks and lunches when ever you want.
very very good benefits
distribution coordinator (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKDecember 25, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: weather conditions
a typical day at work was fun and challenging.i learned leadership skills and various warehouse computer skills. the management was nice and very energetic and helpful. co workers were very knowledgeable and helpful. the hardest part of the job was long hours and weather conditions but overall it was enjoyable. i love the pay and the benefits.
Family oriented and cared for their employees
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee), City of Industry CADecember 16, 2014
Pros: provied courses to better ourselves, great benefits, and support to employees
Overall is a great company and very grateful for the growth and knowledge I acquired. Every day was different at work but first was login our phones, check ad respond to emails from customers ad internal customers. Then, work on backorder reports, research, called vendors for updates, tracking and provided substitutes. While doing that I was answering phones from customers, outbound calls for follow up to vendors and customers. Emergency couriers per customer request due to I worked for a medical distributor which time and product was critical. Also, monitor that all CSR where available on the phones, assisted management in reports, help with any training for improvement in the department. I learned to lead by example, that I love sharing information and I discovered that Training others help me learned from others. Also, work as a team to get the work done. Management was always fair and great to me and we worked together to service the customer. My co-workers were like family due to we work together as a team to service the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is to interactive with customers and assist them to be service.
Owens and Minor
Shipping and Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee), Louisville, KyDecember 15, 2014
Pros: good benefits package. free/ discounted sample medication
Cons: high turnover rate
Good company to work for. Still very young in the third party logistics field (3PL). Well known in the medical logistics field, very clean warehouse and work isn't difficult. Most difficult part of job is occasional lifting of water cases, and meeting picking quota.
alot of overtime
Warehouse Teammate (Current Employee), Urbandale, IADecember 14, 2014
i operated reach trucks, orderpickers, electric pallet jacks, and regular forklifts
Good secure medical facility
Warehouse Lead & Associate (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNDecember 1, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: dust
I learned a lot about shipping & recieving procedures at Owens & Minor. This was my first real job so I really didnt have many skills but they took a chance on me. I'm very grateful for that because I gained a little manager experience as well in the 6 or 7 years that I was there. They do a great job with their training program.
Decent job/ fair pay rate
Order Filler/PART-TIME (Current Employee), Franklin, MANovember 11, 2014
Good place to work . Management needs improvement . No much room for advancement you have to know somebody

November 18, 2014

Also management has no respect for minorities. The place is poorly managed, lack of leadership and people's skills.

love this job
Material handler (Current Employee), Redlands, CANovember 7, 2014
love this job management is awesome employees are great awesome pay
Worse Job ever do not apply!!!!!!
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Industry, CAOctober 28, 2014
Caution!! everyone this company's a huge joke
From HR to Management to supervisors it's all about favoritism if the they don't know you
you don't got a chance to get hired on how is this joke company a Fortune 500 company you got me!..cuz management here Is so unprofessional!!!!
Workload keeps you busy.
Hospital Inventory coordinator (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: coworkers and hours
Cons: bad management so unorganized
You learn new things everyday. Communicate with nurses and patients on daily basis. Coworkers are great. There is nothing hard about the job its just needs be done.
The only job I have had. Hard to compare.
Credit/Finance Specialist (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 23, 2014
Pros: good benefits.
Basically my position is based on collections and customer set up. I have learned basically all facets of distribution in my 22 years at Owens & Minor. The most difficult part is collecting finance charges and maintaining relationships with customers. I do like working with people so customer interaction is my favorite part of the job.
great work place
Team Leader (Central Supply) (Former Employee), Savannah, GAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: met great people
Cons: it was a sub contract job
Learned some great things there and was able to grow into more advanced inventory
Not the company for me
Senior Account Executive- (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 13, 2014
I increased my knowledge on the distribution side of the business
Great company ability to relocate
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Kings Mountain, NCSeptember 30, 2014
Work order picking job for deliveries to local hospitals. Physically demanding job with high productivity goals.
I enjoyed the technical and detailed aspect of this position.
Senior Database Administrator (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: work environment, training and education, flexiable schedule.
Cons: traveling requirements at times.
I my years at Owens & Minor and Perot Systems I learned and practiced numerous technical systems and application. Both revolved around their business but could be applied to many positions. I worked as both a team member on conversions and day to day application maintenance and when requested as project lead or consultant on other conversion or projects. Your role in any project was as needed base on your experience and system knowledge. I ended my career as a Database Administrator working on their EDI and warehouse systems. Both were considered mission critical. The systems affected order entry, order picking, receiving and inventory.

1 2 3 4 5

About Owens & Minor

Owens & Minor (O&M) makes sure surgeons aren't left empty handed after shouting, "Scalpel, stat!" A leading distributor of medical – Read more