Owens & Minor Employee Reviews

Fun place to work! Hardworking Employees
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Mounds View, MNFebruary 22, 2017
Taking Care of the hospital needs from bedpans to solutions by answering phones and emails. Entering orders for courier orders,expedited orders & drop ships. Placing drop ship orders on Vendor websites or by phone. Fixing bad part numbers on the hospital po's that were sent by EDI by contacting the Hospital by email or phone to help them figure out what they need. Calling vendors for back order information or use their website to pull up back order information,searching google for possible sub information, updating notes on back orders reports that are sent to the customer electronically every day. Working Conversions with the outside sales rep and the hospitals. Entering Bin numbers for hospitals so they can just scan the bar codes, attaching their internal numbers to the MFG part numbers, Running Biz Objects reports. Help the hospitals and clinic's set up new locations by quoting equipment orders. Equipment quote consists of tables,chairs,scales,stools, lights,wheelchairs,dispensers,charts,sharp containers,monitors

Fun Place to work! Hardest part of the job is telling the hospital they are not going to get a product by the time they need it.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you are helping hospitals save lives.
Pros
Great group of Co-Workers, Great Hours 8-4
Cons
Short lunch
terrible place to work
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDFebruary 20, 2017
owens and minor is a terrible place to work the managers and supervisors are very unprofessional and rude disrespect is a serious problem. the staff is unhappy with this but of course nothing is being done to change what is going on. when you wok long hours its never because of the work load just mores so the supervisors do not know what they are doing when assigning the work out to get it done on schedule. also very dirty to be a distributor of medical products.
Pros
Cons
terrible treatment of employees
A good company to work for love employee
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Pelham, ALFebruary 15, 2017
Always be able to work with other drivers worked together looked out for each other always help supervisor

Driver s had perfect attendance
Pros
Always feeding employee s having something all the time
Cons
Good benefits
Easy job but lots of mandatory overtime
Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 12, 2017
The warehouse is temperature controlled and the work is easy with not much heavy lifting, but expect lots of mandatory overtime (as of this writing, there has been over 2 months straight of mandatory overtime, with 9-10 hour work days). There are opportunities to move up, but if you are looking for a computer/IT job, look elsewhere.
Pros
Easy job, temperature controlled warehouse
Cons
Mandatory overtime, management could be better, not many raises
easy work
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAFebruary 10, 2017
It was really easy to learn how to work here, for this being my first warehouse experience. I picked up on it really fast i really liked my job and the people. The only down side was getting laid off.
Good Company
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLFebruary 8, 2017
I worked as a account manager/sales representative. Very little micro management, the company provided you with the resources and flexibility needed to excel at your job.
Good company to work for.
Receiving Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 7, 2017
I rate this company 4 stars. Company has no retirement plans, just your 401k. I have another 12 to 15 months working for Owens and Minor and I will be seeking employment. Company lost bid on contract. Which means no job
Pros
Get to travel with the company at other DC's.
Cons
Insurance go up every year
Nice place to work
Data Entry/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAFebruary 6, 2017
I entered credits and rebills for pricing errors
Credit customers for returned/damaged and mis pick items
Entered information into data base for Surgi Track... items taken out of a kit.

Owens-Minor is a Medical Supply company

While I was at Owens & Minor I saw 7 GM's go thru this branch

I did not find my job to be hard at all

The satisfaction knowing I was able to complete my job
I enjoyed my job very much.
Pros
I was able to work early hours
Cons
Medical Ins. was horrible
You must order pull Medical supplies..throat tubes, syringes, gloves, etc.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 6, 2017
You must order pull Medical supplies..throat tubes, syringes, gloves, etc. Lay off's are also controlled by contracts hold between employer and local hospitals.
Pros
Pay, benefits, and full hours.
Cons
Order pulling consist of Medical supplies
This place is what u make it...Great people at every level
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILJanuary 31, 2017
I spent 5 years at Owens, the last as a lead. It was a great job. From what i saw, the only people that hated this place were the people who wanted to do as least as possible. I saw how the most vocal workers, were the 1's who did the least. I know for a fact that I wasn't in some "good ole boys" club, and management went the extra mile for me on several occasions. I speak as a black man... I personally experienced no racism during my time here. I never felt discriminated against. I enjoyed working here. And I would be surprised if i don't regret leaving at some point. The vast majority of the people here are genuinely nice people. The hours tend to frustrate people though and tensions runs high sometimes. The goal from the top down is the minimize hours and increase morale.
Pros
As many hours as you desire, steady work, above average wages, clean warehouse
Cons
health insurance sucks, the point system isn't fair
its bad and good
Warehouse cordinator (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 27, 2017
unfortunately there are many lazy employees, 10% do 90% of the work. good benefits. pay does not match the work load. cant advance unless you are in with management.
very busy, fun,
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJanuary 27, 2017
I enjoyed working with the people I did work with, I loved talking to people on the phones, working with manufacturers, group events and work parties.
Operations Supervisor
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILJanuary 24, 2017
The company is a good place to work, but in the Carol Stream il location can't say that. The leadership and HR team are complete idiots. Use derogatory language towards supervisors and teammates. Such ad the N-Word. Leadership team and HR allows teammates to talk negatively about supervisors even write statements using the bad language. Hr does not have knowledge of labor laws, employee morale well let's say she no nothing. Favoritism and politics as race control the place. If your not part of the little boys club and your not white you have no place in this DC. The Distribution Manager is not experienced in operation and has no leadership skills and ability. No room for growth, unless you're part of the team ( hr, white America team).

High turn over with leadership, as well as teammates, if your looking to grow and develop this is definitely not the place for you.
Pros
Cons
Management, Human resources, including the VP of human resources needs to be replaced.
Productive Workplace
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILJanuary 18, 2017
everyone friendly.
how to work at a very fast pace on upper level Assembly line and lower level Assembly line.

Management not so great .

co-workers very nice ,and can always seek for questions

they never stop working you, even with over time ,it's a non stop working environment.

watching tv in the break room, and can change to watch the channel u want.
Pros
have to bring your lunch or buy it
Cons
Short breaks, and very hard work
very productive environment
Order Picker/Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAJanuary 11, 2017
I love working at O & M, while being a mother. It was a wonderful experience and i accomplished a lot there. It gave me a first hand view of the real world and all the challenges that one experiences. Management was very professional. We have a great team and everyone loves completing their assignments in a timely manner.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
work enviorment, tools & equiptment
management is destroying this company which used to be a great place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 6, 2017
company no longer has warehouse in Orlando.product is drop shipped from Jacksonville to 3 trucks that park in a Penske yard.Losing major accts.due to changes in operations and management
easy job
Supervisor Brian Koster (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIDecember 28, 2016
Easy work bit physical at times. Management in the warehouse is not good with communication or keeping their employees in line. Extremely unprofessional behavior on their behalf
Very fun and friedly place to work
Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLDecember 27, 2016
Great teammates good Benefits. A typical day at work was picking medical supplies for hospitals to help save peoples lives. Hardest part was try to get the trucks out on time. Most enjoyable part was watching the trucks leave on time and teammates.
Warehouse Unloader
Loader Unloader Picker Packer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 20, 2016
I worked at the dock doors just unloading and unpacking products to place them in an order. Very clean environment and the people there were very nice to work with. I had no issues there
It is a great place to work and with awesome management.
Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GADecember 17, 2016
It's always a busy day, but I learnt to be focused in that situation.
Management are great people. Work as a team, when people call out. When people show up to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Owens & Minor. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8