Owens & Minor Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Picker (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 31, 2016
I work at the Albuquerque location and have been there for many years. I started having a inappropriate relationship with my night lead and he since has become management everyone knows about the relationship and has done nothing even the main super visor *district manager. Worker's give complaints about my special treatment but it works for me. Have fun with your boss and you will get everything you want. Hours, over time and whatever position you want to work and no write ups. Be apart of the night crew, its like a party every night if you know what i mean.
Pros
Have it made
Very productive environment
Distribution Coordinator (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FL 33325September 18, 2016
I worked part time at O & M , while attending Broward College . It was a wonderful experience and I accomplished a lot there . It gave me a first hand view of the real world and all the challenges that one experiences . Management was very professional and gave me every opportunity to succeed . We had a great team , and everyone enjoyed completing their assignments in a timely manner . I am now a better person as a result of my experience at O & M .
Pros
Flex time
Cons
Nights
Assembly was easy But....
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCSeptember 21, 2016
The assembly itself was not an issue. It was the staff. The line supervisors have "big head" syndrome. They argue on the floor in front of everyone like small kids. Instead of working together it is every man for themselves. Working overtime on Saturday's gets old quick. Especially when it is months before having two days off a week. Family life VS work life is a horrible ratio. I would have stayed much longer but there are people that have been here for over 15 years that needs to go.Their common decency on how to talk with people have disappeared. The attitudes are nasty. The revolving door of people should tell HR what is wrong at this location. Besides the ridiculous point system.
Pros
Pay decent
Cons
Point system, Line Supervisors
Great benefits and good compensation
Distribution Cordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 16, 2016
I start my day with a morning meeting to discuss previous day and current duties. Our management allows us to voice our opinions and ideas. My coworkers are great to work with. I have learned how to implement projects. I also have learned how to clean and inspect surgical instruments. This job requires a lot of hours in a day and on weekends.
Pros
wage, benefits, teamates
Cons
hours, advancement, management
Good thing the atmosphere is good.
Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYJuly 30, 2016
No work life balance. If you want to make a lot of money and don't mind an unpredictable schedule, it's a great place to work. Retention is low. Attendance policy is relatively lenient. This leads to long hours with lots of call ins. Some weeks are 12 hour days, others are 9 hour days. Haven't worked an eight hour day yet. The production numbers are achievable. Training is minimal. They trust you will figure it out. Coworkers are helpful. Management is varied and in transition. Breaks are regular. Everything is timed so if structure isn't your thing, you may want to keep looking for another line of work. Promotions are available. I don't hate going to work but the long weeks really wear on you.
Pros
Competitive pay and benefits for industry and level
terrible place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Toano, VAJuly 27, 2016
I used to work for avid medical been there 10 years till owen and minor bought them owen and minor is a terrible place to work plain and simple they tell you that you have the opportunity to grow in the company maybe but when a good position opens they hire from outside the company an dont say nothing to the person who went for it the health insurance is insane cost way to much only gives you 35 cent pay increase a year the management consistently tell the employee they not working hard enough they to slow the human resources department is terrible they dont investigate nothing the equipment is run down the ceo promise new ones and never came they liers as well don't work for them you can do way better then Owens and minor
Pros
got none
Cons
pay, health insurance, management, the hours, human resources, faulty equipment
Overall the work environment is ok for the Kansas City location.
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 24, 2016
The company overall is a good place to work. The location in Kansas City for Owens & Minor is less than satisfactory. Very long working hours with less than normal staff on hand.
Pros
Customer service bonuses, party themes
Cons
MED number points, Long hours, Managment staff
descent place too work
Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 8, 2016
work 2nd shift, very hardworking crew, we work as a team...managment fair and, will get out on the warehouse floor and work with us as well...hardest part about my job are the hours getting off late hours and, having to drive 40min to get home.
Pros
off weekends
Cons
getting off late hours
Great team to work with in the customer service department and warehouse.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILApril 12, 2016
A typical day at work was pleasant and constant. I learned that when things would get hectic, our team of customer service representatives would come together greatly as a team.
Management was not all that great. Policies and practices would change almost daily, leaving us to recant what we would tell our clients.
The hardest part of the job was the constant change in policies and being let go.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people that soon became like family
Cons
Management, job advancement, job security
Understaffed
Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYApril 8, 2016
The regular day at work was stressful, they was in the process of changing personal, firing everbody that they thought wasnt good enough for the job, even if you been there for many of years. What i learned working there was how to handle my peer, withen mangement and taking direct oders if i didnt like them or not.Some of the co-workers i did work with was unfriendly, so that made the job even worst, they had everyday a new body coming in there to fill the postion, so it was hard to get to know anybody. The best part of the job was just working, getting paid the right money, it was very hard for me to enjoy alot of the job because i was working over 50 hours daily seven days a week.
Professional environment
Surgitrack Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 24, 2016
Love my work with Owens & Minor. Great leadership team and a great company to work for. I worked as a supervisor in a department called Surgitrack. I had a great experience and learned a lot. I was directly responsible for create the day's work for the 2 teammates in the department, fully implementing FDA regulations, monitor all incoming items needed to build the surgical kits, and I also learned a ton about supervising teammates in a diverse culture.
Independent working
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJune 1, 2016
Typical day included receiving and putting away product according to location. Mandatory overtime with timed breaks. Management good for the most part. Co-workers friendly. Hardest part not knowing end time of the day.
Pros
Rewarded for good numbers
Cons
Mandatory holiday hours
Great company on paper
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSMay 22, 2016
Empty promises, management asks for opinions but immediately shuts them down because they are smarter than you, but then will try your opinion and say it was their idea the whole time, multi-faced people fill the warehouse
Cons
everyone has a different set of rules
Not a bad place
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  West Deptford, NJSeptember 9, 2016
Overall not a bad place to work. I learned how to use their system and already had knowledge of how to drive machines they have in their building. Mixed feelings on management and co workers. The job I perform is not hard.
Great group of people to work with
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMarch 15, 2016
Everyone was friendly. Always hiring. Good warehouse management, My position was only temporary. Was hoping it would be permanent but their 2016 budget did not make available for an additional HR Coordinator.
Pros
Good hours; good management team; friendly warehouse teammates
Cons
Not offiered full time employment. Felt a little held back in learning more in my position.
Good Overall Company
Distribution Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 29, 2016
Good overall company with a lot of overtime and opportunities to work as much as you want if you work hard. I've worked in two different departments learning as much as i can.
Pros
Bulk manager best in the business
Cons
contracts end every 5 years
Constantly changing workplace
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Ashland, VAMarch 1, 2016
In the past year and two months I've been at Owens, my shift has been through three supervisors and more than 10 employees (co-workers). Most have moved either completely away from the company and found employment elsewhere, or they have been offered a different position in the warehouse and have turned it down.
Pros
Occasional free lunches
Cons
Never recieved a tee-shirt like all the new hires and the breaks are rather short for the work we do
Healthcare Logistics company
IT Technical Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAJuly 3, 2016
We help people get well. It is a good company..
I learned a lot about Redprairie.
I have great co-workers.
Long hours..few people on RedPrairie IT team.
Pros
excellent warehouse employees
Cons
very long hours
A great place to work
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCMay 19, 2016
I knew what my responsibilities were and I was allowed to complete my job on a daily basis without being micro-managed. The most enjoyable part of the job was being interactive with other teammates. The hardest part of the job was terminating people.
Great Company To Work For
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAMarch 28, 2016
I learned to work as a Team Player, supported, advancement . I have a great Team that I worked with daily. I reviewed reports, financials, ensure customer satisfaction and ensured the Team continued to grow and learn. I provided developments and growth. Performed appraisals and recruitment for jobs.

2.8