OWENS COMMUNITY COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Best job I ever had
ITS Inventory (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHAugust 30, 2017
Co-workers, management, and employees all were like a family. The job was fun and educational to my associates degree. Thankful I had the job experience.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Part-time
Awsome Place to work
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 27, 2017
Owens Community College offer so many programs at an affordable rate, Excellent department managers, excellent curriculum and most of all very supportive to all students and employees. Hate I relocated leaving such a awesome company that cares for the education of their students.
Pros
Students
Cons
Na
fun
Front desk customer service (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJuly 4, 2017
public speaking has always bothered me but this job made it enjoyable. I used to look forward to talking with students and putting their mind at ease relating to course work.
It was a good place to learn the basics
Student Assistant,Computer Lab. Student Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJune 10, 2017
A typical day at work was to help students and staff with computer issues.
I learned a great deal about computer systems.
Management was good.
Workplace culture was good.
The hardest part of the job was when you couldn't easily resolve a computer issue.
The most enjoyable part of the job was resolving computer problems for students and staff.
Amazing Place
Tool Room Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OH 43551June 7, 2017
As a student worker this job allowed me to make some extra money and still have plenty of time for school work. I would recommend being a student worker to anyone.
student worker
Library student worker (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 3, 2017
customer service, checking in books, checking out books, cleaning, organizing, collecting and packaging Ohiolink materials, taking care of laptops check in and out
Preform daily maintenance on campus
Journeyman Carpenter Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHMay 30, 2017
Do maintenance and repair :electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and HVAC. Was responsible for maintenance at CEP training facility which was a dream job for me.
Fun environement with Great Management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHApril 19, 2017
The pay and benefits are at average levels but the environment is fun but professional and management is great! I would definitely recommend a job at this establishment for an entry level position.
Nice place to work
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHApril 18, 2017
Nice place to work. Loved working with the students and preparing for the daily classes always kept me on my toes and up-to-date on information pertaining to my field.
Finacial Aid Specialist (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHMarch 25, 2017
I feel truly blessed to work at Owens Community College . The staff and students are all very helpful and knowledgeable. The community involvement is top notch.
Pros
expert training. community involvement
Owens Community College
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJanuary 4, 2017
I have been working here for over a year now and out of all the employment I have had this job is blows the others out of the water. The coworkers I have are very family oriented and positive they make it enjoyable to come to work. Working here feels more like a second family than work. They are very flexible with my schedule and I feel appreciated here. A typical day would be come in check voice mail and pull up the programs I need on my computer, then as the day goes on I answer all incoming calls and make appointments for the advising staff. I also sort mail, run light errands, help set up and tear down for meetings, and keep all forms stocked. I stock the printer when needed and make reminder calls for the following day. I learned how to be better organized and have great customer service skills. The hardest part of my job is when things happen all at the same time you have to remain calm and cool minded so you don't mess something up or forget important information. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be my co workers and management they make me feel like an asset and that the things I do help the office run smoother. I truly love this job it just does not pay enough to live on.
Pros
When we have meetings with food we always get to partake!
Cons
The restrictions on pay and hours are the only bad thing about this job.
Very productive and willing to help every student that walked through the door.
Student Worker/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJanuary 4, 2017
All employees were fair and welcoming to everyone. The supervisors were great teachers and gave me advice about the job. I would like to thank Owens for the wonderful experience I had.
Good job
Customer Service and Bookstore Cashier (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHDecember 26, 2016
I go in and sign in stock shelves, cashier, customer service. management did good. co-workers were ok. the most enjoyable is the customers.
Fun job.
Peer Mentor/New Student Orientation Task Team (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 10, 2016
Most of the time was spent helping other student with activities that they don't understand. Also we helped students adjust to college life.
Instructing Medical Assisting students for Coding & Billing
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHSeptember 6, 2016
Preparing incoming students with the skill and knowledge for pursuing their Medical Assisting career.

Instructing students how to properly code and bill CPT, ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM, HCPCS and submission of CMS 1500 claim form, along with knowledge of various Insurances.

Hands on activities related to class.

I am excited to see all the hard working students succeed and graduate to become a successful Medical Assistant and pursue their career.
Pros
free lunches, own work environment
Cons
benefits, economy ups and downs
Multicultural Environment with great social interactions
Materials Coordinator's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 29, 2016
Great multicultural work environment. worked with individuals from different nations with different values, customs, and beliefs.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Most individuals leave after graduation
Dynamic Educational Environment
Adjunct Instructor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJune 13, 2016
I love serving as an Adjunct Instructor at Owens Community College. I enjoy helping others pursue their professional goals and the facilities are first class.
Stats tutor
Statistics Tutor (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHMay 12, 2016
Very good job, tutoring job and very easy work if you are a people person. You have to know your stuff because people will come in with all different types of problems.
It's a good place to work with co-workers that work well together.
Administrative Assistant Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 4, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of documenting and filing alumni renewals and putting together packets for the members of the board to reference at the upcoming board meetings.
Pros
I was in school, at the time, and the job was on campus.
Cons
It was a co-op job so the end was scheduled.
Semester
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 2, 2016
Great students and diverse programs
Community environment