OWENS COMMUNITY COLLEGE Employee Reviews

It's a good place to work with co-workers that work well together.
Administrative Assistant Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 4, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of documenting and filing alumni renewals and putting together packets for the members of the board to reference at the upcoming board meetings.
Pros
I was in school, at the time, and the job was on campus.
Cons
It was a co-op job so the end was scheduled.
Multicultural Environment with great social interactions
Materials Coordinator's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 29, 2016
Great multicultural work environment. worked with individuals from different nations with different values, customs, and beliefs.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Most individuals leave after graduation
Dynamic Educational Environment
Adjunct Instructor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJune 13, 2016
I love serving as an Adjunct Instructor at Owens Community College. I enjoy helping others pursue their professional goals and the facilities are first class.
Satisfying work with a fair amount of down time
Professional Tutor (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 2, 2016
A typical day for me would consist of helping students with their homework and preparation for exams. During the beginning of semesters, I typically would find myself straightening out the room, making it look presentable for students. This would occasionally include restocking paper & other supplies as well as cleaning the boards & computer screens.

The hardest part of the job for me was dealing with students who didn't seem to care or want to try. However, the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the satisfied faces of those who were initially confused, but left the tutoring center with more confidence in both themselves and their coursework.
Pros
I appreciated the friendliness of most of my co-workers.
Cons
Severely low student volume from time to time.
Semester
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 2, 2016
Great students and diverse programs
Community environment
Support programs and Community Development Integrated throughout the semester
Smaller classrooms
Academic support
Monthly meetings
Stats tutor
Statistics Tutor (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHMay 12, 2016
Very good job, tutoring job and very easy work if you are a people person. You have to know your stuff because people will come in with all different types of problems.
Educational Atmosphere
Dental Materials Lab Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 19, 2015
Amazing employees who are very intelligent and have a desire to teach good skills into their students. Every work day consisted of educating and helping the students be skillful in dental materials and their roles in dentistry. From bonding agents and composite to cements and stone. every student also was given first hand education for their dental board exam and clinical.
Enjoyable experience
Head Women's Soccer Coach (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHMarch 28, 2016
For the size of the club and the town it is located in, the club was ran well and was very enjoyable to be a part of. A good experience for me as a young coach.
Owens community college
computer lab lab assistant (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHDecember 14, 2015
its a great job to have a student at owens community college and it helps you study and focus in school plus you get good experience such as helping others and working with computers
not worth it
Library Student Keeper (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHDecember 16, 2015
the job was fun and easy, but we were not allowed to have our phones or play with them and that drove me crazy. other than that, our manager was great and super nice.
Amazing work place with great staff
ADVISING OFFICE SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHOctober 16, 2015
Hardest part of the job was when you were unable to help students
I learned how to handle myself in an office situation
my co workers were helpful and nice
Working with students
Civic Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHSeptember 3, 2015
I enjoyed everything about this job. Everyone was great there and always willing to help to make your day/job/week more successful and happy.
Flexible hours, minimum wage job, helps for future careers
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
n/a
Most Passionate part of my day
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 24, 2015
Organize practices for head coach throughout the season/ off season
Schedule player development / individual workouts/ nutrition diet planning
Coordinate guard workouts each practice, organizing statistics and film review
Locate recruiting players located in the Midwest area
Host MGBR Summer Showcase and NJCC Summer Showcase- Toledo, OH
Owens Review
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHJune 23, 2015
The typical day at work is teaching students how to learn the programs that are detailed in the college catalog. Since I can teach all of Microsoft Office basic to advance, HTML, SQL and other web design...this is what the students will gain in knowledge in different classes that I teach. The management right now is new to the job. Therefore, they really do not know the employees that well. My co-workers, I have known for quite a long time.

The hardest part of my job is that it is temporary and I do not know from semester to semester if I will get a class or how many classes I will obtain. Also, the other part of the job is to see students that come into the class the first day and not show up the rest of the semester and end up failing the class.

What I most enjoy are those students who come everyday to class and work their best to succeed. Those are the students that get the best out of the class and impress me the most.
Pros
The other part-timers are great people
Cons
No health care, it is temporary from semester to semester
productive workplace
Senior Activities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 25, 2015
they care for their employees. a lot of team work, very quiet work enviorment . great workplace. great benefits will work here again.
Great Community College
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHMay 31, 2015
Owens has been growing over the last several years, and has expanded in the Findlay, Ohio area. I worked there as an adjunct until my full-time job crossed schedules with my job there. I loved teaching students.
great learning exprerience, bad pay, excellent skills aquired.
Student worker (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 3, 2014
I would test and calibrate lab equipment oscilloscopes, Volt-ohm meter,digital multi-meter for the instructor. I would clean and stock the lab supplies and on my free time they let me learn programmable logic controllers.
Management was awesome they were also instructors. The hardest part of my job was drawing a schematic for a power supply which wasn't that hard. My coworkers and I enjoy a deep friendship even now.
Pros
great experience and skill set
Cons
horrible pay
Clean and fun working environment.
Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 31, 2012
I would go to a classroom and help the students get better understanding of what the teacher was trying to get them to learn. After class I would have scheduled hours where students could come after class to receive any additional help they might need. I would come up with learning plans that might help the student do better in their classes. The hardest part was convincing students to come seek help after class if they needed it. The most enjoyable part was actually helping them do better in their classes.
A wonderful working environment
E-Learning Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJanuary 24, 2013
Working at this college was very good experience for me with working alongside others, whether they were my coworkers or students. It taught me how to communicate with different types of people and what to do for different situations. The job also taught me that it is always good to ask questions if I needed any help to fully understand my jobs or projects. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it is not too stressful which helps me concentrate on my studies. Also, having my department located in the school's library helps with having access to books if I need to do research for class.
productive and steady job
Groundskeeper/maintenance (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OhOctober 12, 2012
Everyday was something new and work to be done. I always enjoyed the mornings the most, to drive around campus picking up litter and then getting on a mower, while listening to my headphones. Lunchtime was always a great break eating and talking with the other people on our shift, everybody had funny stories from the night before. Even with the laughter we all still had duties to do and the one i hated the most was going through the trash bags to sort through all the gross trash looking for cans and bottles. Even though i hated that part the job, it did teach me the value of recyleing and and taking care of your own things no matter where you may be.
Pros
being outside and lanscaping with flowers
Cons
going through the trash bags

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OWENS COMMUNITY COLLEGE. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3