Owens Corning

Owens Corning United States Employee Reviews

overall owens Corning is the place to work for , if I hadnt been laid off i would still ork for Owens Corning
Quality Assurance Inspector/TPM Team Leader (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2015
Pros: company picnics, celebrating 75 years of being in buisness
Cons: when its hot in the plant its hot and hen its cold in the plant its cold!!!
The job itself was enjoyable. The employees were like family. The plant was very diverse. A lot of team work and very big on safety.
Production Based Company
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Cleveland, TNApril 17, 2015
Pros: Upper management would bring us breakfast or buy lunch when they came to visit.
Cons: Loss of work meaning loss of jobs
Company is production driven. Processed work orders and scheduled work to be done for the day.
Management had some turnover issues, hopefully those are worked out now.
There was some lost business and 9 people were "Temporarily" laid off, I unfortunately was one of them. Doesn't look like that is going to pick up either.
That was the hardest part of the job.
Most enjoyable was some of my co-workers. They made work fun and productive.
Nice place to work
Hot End Operator (Current Employee), Lakeland ULF PlantApril 16, 2015
Good job and keeps you busy the whole time your there. Management is nice. I've learned the process and specs for loose fill insulation. The hardest part of the job is the heat you are working around.
Safe workplace
Warehouse Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Aiken PlantApril 15, 2015
This Facility is a safety first work place and you have the ability to help in all safety area by providing information to help improve safety.
Customer service and Technical support (Former Employee), Athens, GAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, great person to person experience, INbound
Cons: Dial Americas point system, no steady raises, no advancement
I worked with OC for more than a year and loved almost every moment. It is challenging but the training and team leaders are amazing. I would still be there to this day if they had not moved internal to Toledo OH. The pay was not ideal but not the worst either. It was a lot to learn but extremely enjoyable.
Good Teamwork and Fun place to Work
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Granville, OHMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Friendly Environment, Good Bistro, A lot to learn
Cons: Long hours
We run R&D trials on glass strand. We do quality control checks. We run several different machinery processes all day long. I have learned an incredible amount of knowledge from engineers and scientists about our machinery. Overall there is a great atmosphere with friendly chatting and great teamwork.
Solid company and IT team
Senior IT Leader (Current Employee), Toledo, OHMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Lot of opportunities to make a difference
Cons: Low relative investment in IT
Resilient global manufacturing company in volatile markets. Strong IT team with very accessible CIO. But relative low investment in IT year over year, so teams are lean and progress is slower than it could be. Still very relationship oriented culture, which also stymies progress and innovation at times.
Owens Corning is a great place to work.
Director Sourcing - Composites Solutions Bus. (Former Employee), Toledo, OHMarch 2, 2015
Owens Corning has a good work life balance, has an energetic and motivating environment. People are encouraged to do more.
Great Place to work!
Marketing Director (Former Employee), maFebruary 25, 2015
Owens corning was a very fun place to work. The franchise owner was very hands on and you always knew where you stood. Great place to work wish the office was still near!
nice work envirment
Line coordinator (Former Employee), feura bush nyFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: time off good pay
Cons: fiber glass can itchy
good place to work, I liked the hrs and work week. good pay and benefits and 401k. not to hard of a job and potential for advancement.
Great company
Advanced Front Line Leader (Current Employee), Compton, CAFebruary 2, 2015
Owens Corning is a great company to work for, there 401k plan is very generous. The culture is very employee focused.
The work schedules changed based on demand though.
Must be a puppet
Power and Control Specialist (electrician) (Former Employee), AmarilloJanuary 24, 2015
Very poor management that likes to give you a title so you think you are someone. If you are a thinker and like to give your honest opinion than this place is not for you. If you are a kissy you will fit right in.
Horrible place to work
Maintenance Manager (4/2005-3/2008) (Former Employee), Newark, OHJanuary 7, 2015
Diversity hires don't need to work. All blame goes on the white working guy. All the success is given to under achieving diversity hires. Upper management openly lies that does care about the environment or people.
Fast pace environment
Auto Catcher (Former Employee), Compton, CAJanuary 7, 2015
, assists Auto-catcher Operator on catcher jams and on mat breaks, cleans damaged shingles from floor, stacks them on pallets and keeps conveyors clear, monitors temperature of the MSA melter and resets counter temperature, rewraps bundles that need new wrapping,
Great group of people to work with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Newark, OHJanuary 4, 2015
I was a temp at this company I had no job security and pay way not the greatest. But I enjoyed the people I worked with and liked my job,
Fun work place
Operator Technician (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSDecember 30, 2014
Monitor all manufacturing equipment and perform operation task by use of equipment
Great job. Great people.
Environmental Health and Safety Intern (Former Employee), Jackson, TNDecember 18, 2014
Owens Corning has a fantastic leadership program which I was very happy to participate in. I helped to update the Lockout, Tagout program during my time with them. I believe my work will serve as a template for other locations and I was proud of my accomplishments during my time at Owens Corning.
Great place to work, fitness area, good employees
Supervisor (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSDecember 16, 2014
Pros: allowing me to grow and learn with the company
Review the last 24 hrs and any tasks that needed to be completed. Asign jobs to craftspeople and follow up mid day on completion. Scheduling work in a facility that runs 24/7. The day to day challenges
Supervisor
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Medina OhioDecember 15, 2014
Pros: flex time
Cons: a single person in management does not know how to treat people
Flex Time
Working with the railroad
Helping other location with their warehouse problems
An outstanding company that continues to improve.
Human Resources Leader (Former Employee), Toledo, OhioDecember 10, 2014
Pros: great overall work environment.
Cons: poor work/life balance.
Great pay. Positive Leadership. Great team environment. Leaders challenge you to improve and drive for results. There is opportunity to advance if you are willing to relocate and put the time in.

1 2 3 4 5

About Owens Corning

Owens Corning operates in the PINK. Famous for its Pink Panther mascot and its trademarked PINK glass fiber insulation, the company – Read more

Owens Corning Salaries