Owens Corning Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Hot End Operator (Current Employee), Lakeland ULF PlantApril 16, 2015
Good job and keeps you busy the whole time your there. Management is nice. I've learned the process and specs for loose fill insulation. The hardest part of the job is the heat you are working around.
Safe workplace
Warehouse Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Aiken PlantApril 15, 2015
This Facility is a safety first work place and you have the ability to help in all safety area by providing information to help improve safety.
Customer service and Technical support (Former Employee), Athens, GAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, great person to person experience, INbound
Cons: Dial Americas point system, no steady raises, no advancement
I worked with OC for more than a year and loved almost every moment. It is challenging but the training and team leaders are amazing. I would still be there to this day if they had not moved internal to Toledo OH. The pay was not ideal but not the worst either. It was a lot to learn but extremely enjoyable.
Good Teamwork and Fun place to Work
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Granville, OHMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Friendly Environment, Good Bistro, A lot to learn
Cons: Long hours
We run R&D trials on glass strand. We do quality control checks. We run several different machinery processes all day long. I have learned an incredible amount of knowledge from engineers and scientists about our machinery. Overall there is a great atmosphere with friendly chatting and great teamwork.
Solid company and IT team
Senior IT Leader (Current Employee), Toledo, OHMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Lot of opportunities to make a difference
Cons: Low relative investment in IT
Resilient global manufacturing company in volatile markets. Strong IT team with very accessible CIO. But relative low investment in IT year over year, so teams are lean and progress is slower than it could be. Still very relationship oriented culture, which also stymies progress and innovation at times.
Owens Corning is a great place to work.
Director Sourcing - Composites Solutions Bus. (Former Employee), Toledo, OHMarch 2, 2015
Owens Corning has a good work life balance, has an energetic and motivating environment. People are encouraged to do more.
Great Place to work!
Marketing Director (Former Employee), maFebruary 25, 2015
Owens corning was a very fun place to work. The franchise owner was very hands on and you always knew where you stood. Great place to work wish the office was still near!
nice work envirment
Line coordinator (Former Employee), feura bush nyFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: time off good pay
Cons: fiber glass can itchy
good place to work, I liked the hrs and work week. good pay and benefits and 401k. not to hard of a job and potential for advancement.
Great company
Advanced Front Line Leader (Current Employee), Compton, CAFebruary 2, 2015
Owens Corning is a great company to work for, there 401k plan is very generous. The culture is very employee focused.
The work schedules changed based on demand though.
Must be a puppet
Power and Control Specialist (electrician) (Former Employee), AmarilloJanuary 24, 2015
Very poor management that likes to give you a title so you think you are someone. If you are a thinker and like to give your honest opinion than this place is not for you. If you are a kissy you will fit right in.
Horrible place to work
Maintenance Manager (4/2005-3/2008) (Former Employee), Newark, OHJanuary 7, 2015
Diversity hires don't need to work. All blame goes on the white working guy. All the success is given to under achieving diversity hires. Upper management openly lies that does care about the environment or people.
Fast pace environment
Auto Catcher (Former Employee), Compton, CAJanuary 7, 2015
, assists Auto-catcher Operator on catcher jams and on mat breaks, cleans damaged shingles from floor, stacks them on pallets and keeps conveyors clear, monitors temperature of the MSA melter and resets counter temperature, rewraps bundles that need new wrapping,
Great group of people to work with
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Newark, OHJanuary 4, 2015
I was a temp at this company I had no job security and pay way not the greatest. But I enjoyed the people I worked with and liked my job,
Fun work place
Operator Technician (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSDecember 30, 2014
Monitor all manufacturing equipment and perform operation task by use of equipment
Great job. Great people.
Environmental Health and Safety Intern (Former Employee), Jackson, TNDecember 18, 2014
Owens Corning has a fantastic leadership program which I was very happy to participate in. I helped to update the Lockout, Tagout program during my time with them. I believe my work will serve as a template for other locations and I was proud of my accomplishments during my time at Owens Corning.
Great place to work, fitness area, good employees
Supervisor (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSDecember 16, 2014
Pros: allowing me to grow and learn with the company
Review the last 24 hrs and any tasks that needed to be completed. Asign jobs to craftspeople and follow up mid day on completion. Scheduling work in a facility that runs 24/7. The day to day challenges
Supervisor
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Medina OhioDecember 15, 2014
Pros: flex time
Cons: a single person in management does not know how to treat people
Flex Time
Working with the railroad
Helping other location with their warehouse problems
An outstanding company that continues to improve.
Human Resources Leader (Former Employee), Toledo, OhioDecember 10, 2014
Pros: great overall work environment.
Cons: poor work/life balance.
Great pay. Positive Leadership. Great team environment. Leaders challenge you to improve and drive for results. There is opportunity to advance if you are willing to relocate and put the time in.
A strong (do it right the first time) company,good training.
Maintenance planner/buyer (Former Employee), Fairburn, GADecember 7, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: worked my way out of a job too soon.
I Owens Corning is a fine company with a long history .
I enjoyed working there,starting as a group leader in production then in a few months i was moved up to supervisor i was there a few years and they needed someone to take over inventory control i had that for three years,I had as many a eight (8) warehouses all but one was off plant sight, it took extra activity to keep up,but we received a letter of a job well done after our yearly physical wit a very low right off. I took over a shift in the warehouse and our on job accidents dropped due to constant safety inspections. we made our shipment on time and correct counts. we brought computers on the seen and put them to work trying to convince people to treat the computer as a tool like any other tool was hard but it worked.
I was asked to start a maintenance planning department where all of the plants equipment was entered and a preventive inspection sheet was created. The inspection sheet would be printed out on schedule tobe performed. All repair work was put on a schedule and i made sure the materials people and schedule were all in sync. to make the repair go smoothly and on scheduled time table.I had at least one multimillion dollar rebuild each year. where you had (28) days from shut down to start up for complete rebuild. that required people and equipment and parts all had to be there when needed and were inspected to insure every thing was right. we always finished up one or two days ahead of schedule and on or under cost. dedication to detail buy every one made it come off and we all look good.
Good People dedicated and a good company that was dedicated to its people,made an unbeatable team...
Continuous Improvement Leader (Former Employee), jackson 38305December 5, 2014
Do not want to elaborate on past work environment. Owens Corning is a good company and the people I worked with were great.
Headquarters