Owens Corning

Owens Corning Employer Reviews

Productive, fun, satisfying, rewarding
Security, Facilities,Warehouse Mgr, (Former Employee), Napa, CAApril 1, 2014
Pros: work hours and the people i worked around
Cons: owens corning sold out business i worked at.
Owens Corning is a large global company, of which the entity in Napa that I worked, employed 1500. The company was very appreciative of work I did. I was able to stop a multi-million dollar theft ring involving employees and other companies.
Productive and Demanding work environment
Operations Leader (Current Employee), Tallmadge, OHMarch 31, 2014
Pros: free lunches, ability to travel, people you work with.
Cons: demanding work schedule, little to no work life balance.
Owens Corning is a very demanding work environment. They treat you very well as an employee, but are very demanding on the time you spend at work. Often times working salary employees 60 plus hours a week. For new hires, there is a severe lack of onboard training. Hardest part of the job, is trying to understand what you are required to do within your – more... job description. This is due to the lack of onboard training you will receive once hired. – less
Great place to work with a real sense for work/life balance
Customer Support/Sr. Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Toledo, OHMarch 3, 2014
Many ammenities provided in the world headquarters. Great people and wonderful talent.
Productive and fun work place
Quality Assurance Verification Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas< TexasFebruary 27, 2014
Friendly co-workers. Low employee turn around. Small group but never working alone.
Overall not a bad company to work for
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Summit, ILFebruary 14, 2014
It's been some time since I worked for UPS. However, I gained much experience.
Great company for global prospective
Corporate Communications (Former Employee), Toledo, OHFebruary 13, 2014
Owens Corning is truly a global company and brings great experience in that area.
asphalt production
Material Handler / OPPS II (Former Employee), portland oregonFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: trusted operators
Cons: rough work hours
asphalt production / tank loading via railcars. good for those whom need little or no supervision on rail head.
load trucks/ off load @ railhead to tanks
work with OPPS I to make batches of asphalt
Great Place to Work
Human Resources Hiring Coordinator (Former Employee), Aiken, SCJanuary 27, 2014
Excellent place to work. Great family environment. Co-workers were great and helped with all parts of the Job.
Hard work that helps the gulf coast community every hurrican season
Melter Operator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: moneymoneymoney
Cons: spainish is a must to make it past hurrican season.
12hour days in a open plant style enviroment. safety meeting everyday. all about safety.
Great place to advance for the mobile individual
Environmental Health and Safety Leader (Current Employee), Savannah, GADecember 26, 2013
This is a great company for the mobile individual to see their career grow. If you aren't bound by any geographical location, the opportunity to work in different business units seems effortless and endless. You are given a chance to hone your skills and learn more about yourself.
Exiting and challenging
Process Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Waxahachie, TXDecember 5, 2013
Location is a little excluded
Co-workers are great mentors
Everything is automated, modern
Every day there is a new challenge
Good company
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 24, 2013
Pros: union hard to get firied
Cons: market based which means lose of income
Good company with a long history, the job has long Gevity but is market based and a lot of slow time, (cut back on hours)
great company to work for
Operator 1 (Former Employee), Detroit, MINovember 18, 2013
owens corning was a great company to work for. paid for schooling to advance in new job field. no micro managing.
Laborer (Former Employee), Akron, OHNovember 13, 2013
I enjoyed doing my job didn't mine coming in as scheduled the people I worked around was well mannered and respectful
One of the most enjoyable jobs that I have had
Customer Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee), Toledo, OHNovember 3, 2013
I have enjoyed working at Owens Corning, but unfortunately I work there through a Temporary Agency. I am full-time but there are no benefits. There is opportunity for advancement, but the chance for direct hire is my goal.

A typical work day is not typical. Each day is different depending on the customers that call in. Some days are very challenging – more... with many stressful situations to deal with and other days are less challenging with less stressful situations to deal with.

I have learned about insulation, foam, roofing and logistics.

My management team and co-workers are lots of fun and very supportive.

The hardest part of the job is maintaining a positive attitude while dealing with angry customers. I count this as being one of my strongest attibutes.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when I can change a very negative situation into a positive one and make the customer happy and convince them, that this is just a temporary situation and restore their faith in the company. – less
Relief Person (Current Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 31, 2013
Pros: we have insurance
Cons: insurance deductible to high
On a typical day we work hard and laugh hard. I have learned that in the work place you have different attitudes and you need to know how to deal with them all. The best part of my job is when I learn something new.
Owens Corning Basement Reviews
Franchise operations (Current Employee), Toledo, OHOctober 31, 2013
Pros: owens corning basement reviews make the job worth it!
Cons: potential homeowners read reviews and form opinions before they know the product details
I work in the basement finishing division where Owens Corning basements receive great reviews for their innovative product designed specifically for the basement environment. The cost of the Owens Corning basement is worth the price when you consider the mold and mildew resistance, removable walls, sound absorption, and thermal insulation! I enjoy working – more... for a company and product that helps homeowners stay safe and comfortable! – less
Very advance technology and machines
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Compton, CAOctober 25, 2013
Pros: bonuses and shares
Cons: horrible rotating shifts no life and bad for your health
Place is filled with advance technology weather its a drive or plc they have it
Chaotic, unprofessional culture and atmosphere
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Toledo, OHOctober 22, 2013
Pros: salary, on-site cafeteria
Cons: unprofessional attitudes, managerial cohesiveness
While the salary was good, the culture and work atmosphere were largely unprofessional. There was clearly a lack of managerial cohesiveness, which led everyone to cover his/her own butt. Disappointing and I expected much more from an organization of this size.

I would not recommend Owens Corning to any of my colleagues.
Review for Owens Corning Basement Finishing System
Basement Finishing System (Current Employee), Toledo, OHOctober 8, 2013
Pros: work/life balance
I work in the Interiors division and love the people and responsibilities I have! We are responsible for making sure homeowner reviews of the Owens Corning Basement Finishing System are outstanding. Some homeowners have concerns about the cost of the Owens Corning Basement Finishing System, but it is lower, on average, per square foot than an above-ground – more... addition. We let homeowners know the advantages with our extensive list of features and benefits. – less

About Owens Corning

Owens Corning operates in the PINK. Famous for its Pink Panther mascot and its trademarked PINK glass fiber insulation, the company – Read more