Owens Corning Employee Reviews

Traditional environment on the cusp of change
Advanced Scientist (Current Employee) –  Granville, OHAugust 4, 2017
With an aging S&T population, and traditionally lean organization, this company is changing as new blood is coming into the workforce. There are limited routes to career advancement in S&T. At the top levels, conservative business approach is still valued.
Pros
Many like-minded scientists
Cons
Conservative innovation culture
Secluded concrete prison
Forming Operator (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 31, 2017
12 hours shifts on rotating schedules, basically from sun up to sun down, the air is hot and moist, with no fresh circulating air. the management staff are rude and inconsiderate and offer no true value of what is to be performed. basically they throw you on the line, with minimal training and expect you to run the machines without fail.
Poor Management
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 27, 2017
The people here are great to work with for the most, but the management leaves a lot to be desired. There is a lot of favortism in this company. They sound great, but they aren't great to work for.
Pros
paid lunches, paid to dress up and down
Cons
terrible benefits package and management is terrible
Great job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Wabash, INJuly 27, 2017
I loved working with everyone there. i enjoyed going to work every day. i enjoyed driving the lifts.. i learned alot about Owen Corning THOR network (their scanning machines). even tho the THOR was the hardest part to leard supervisers really took the time to teach you. and we tested on certin parts of it weekly.
Pros
good pay
Cons
exstream amount of overtime...
Fun place to work!
Senior IT Auditor (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 26, 2017
Great place to work when you are looking for opportunities to be innovative.

I look forward to understanding the opportunities in the Richmond/Washington, DC area.
productive and a fun place to work
Packer - Inspector (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 25, 2017
its a great place to work at the people there are fun and productive love my supervisor always willing to help. The work environment is very friendly and easy going.
Pros
always doing lunch ins to provide information to employees.
Cons
healthcare not to good.
productive and great place to work
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJuly 22, 2017
It's a great place to work, and it gives you the opportunity to grow and enhance in the field you choose. Your learning everyday on how to better yourself and the company. You will learn about TPM, HPI and will be involved with a healthy living program.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
some people
Fantastic job to work at if you're looking for a career!
Fabrication (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 14, 2017
Job was good but you must be willing to work hard for your position on the team. Benefits are outstanding, along with the pay. Only work 3 days and you're off 3 days, you cant beat that!
Production was ok
Farheirt Winder (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 11, 2017
At owens it was fast paced but not bad work schedule was a little diff.but manageble.Management was great anything you had question about they where they to listen.
Pros
good pay and good days off
Cons
material in tunnel was irratible
this was a temp sevrice
Assembly line worker (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALJuly 7, 2017
I used Epsco to get a job at Owens Corning--where I operated a press and was introduced to excessive heat conditions.I was glad fro the experience ,but don't miss the conditions,heat ,etc.
Not fun and stressful
Creeler, machine Operator, forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJune 23, 2017
Management is bad they don't communicate with the employees they say there all about safety but work the employees to the ground and only care about numbers they lie to employees and don't keep us in any decisions
Pros
Cons
They fire you if you get hurt cause they don't want that on them
good company
Corrections Officer States of Missouri and Iowa (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 21, 2017
worked as a casual employee from june to sept of 2010. I liked the job and the benefits and 401k. By the time I felt my body had adjusted to the rotating swing shift me and 30 others were laid off . Very few jobs I worked offered overtime as much as they did which was a plus. The 401k was good but unfortunately I had to withdraw what I saved because I was laid off. thank god for unemployment. What I didn't like was the fact that we had some lazy people there. the permanent full time workers would disappear at times and stop working hard when a temporary worker showed up because we were always trying to prove ourselves so we could be full time.The management also played favorites. they thought some of the laziest worthless people were good and worked the mess out of the good workers who chose to work overtime. they also tried to put us against each other and let the female workers get away with a lot more.
Pros
money and benefits
Cons
swing shifts, fiberglass is dirty work and itch sometimes
Over all a great place to work and the pay was good
Product Analyst and Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAJune 21, 2017
Owens Corinig Fiberglass pays well but the hours are long and it can sometimes get real hected working weekends and holidays all though you received double time and a half some times family should come first and they don't care about family.
Name has changed to Boral Brick
Production Specialist 2 (Former Employee) –  Chester, SCJune 21, 2017
Good Company to work for long hours.You get very dirty working on the paint line. Working on pull pack line is very demanding physically. It is what you make of it.
Very productive workplace enjoyable
line worker (Former Employee) –  Ladysmith, WIJune 19, 2017
This place was great to work for great enviroment always making sure there workers are safe also had great ideas and had papers explaining the job and what you needed for the specific job duties.
Pros
Safe work enviromemt made you feel important
Great benefits and pay
Operations Technician (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJune 19, 2017
nothing further to add. good benefits with a few flaws within management and work schedule. not much of a training program for new hires. above average pay.
Pros
very laid back work enviornment
Cons
crazy work schedule
Owens a new work challenge
Shift Technical Specialist(QC) (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 13, 2017
Good place to work. Dedicated to safety and quality performance. Owens has many years of successful operation and customer satisfaction. Cultured to train all employees to reach their full potential .
Pros
Many advancement opportunities
Cons
Location was far my residence
Did not stayed long enough to provide qualified feeback
Controller (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 13, 2017
Did not stayed long enough to provide qualified feedback. Great company to work for and great people. Experienced employees in headquarter. Strong ethics.
Company was going through downsizing
Corporate Sr. Safety Leader (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 11, 2017
While employed there the company went through a downsizing/RIF. Had good relationship with the sites I supported and helped to sites achieve OSHA VPP Star.
Pros
I enjoyed my job had a great manager
Cons
Down turn in housing market had a negetive effect on company
A fun, safe enviroment
CEO event planning committee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2017
This job was one that required much attention to detail. Quality was a huge factor. Though the pay was excellent, the workplace as a whole was one of favorite jobs of all time.
Pros
bonuses every 6 mnths
Cons
shift changes every 2 weeks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Owens Corning. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval