Owens Corning Employee Reviews

Very Good Pay
Forming Operator (Current Employee) –  Starr, SCJune 30, 2016
Not for everyone. Work in hot environment. Can be itchy hot and hot beads of glass pop on you if not careful. Very good benefits and pay.
productive workplace and challenging
Student marketing\ promoter (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAOctober 14, 2016
very challenging job but it gives you a chance to talk to all sorts of people and a chance to develope your people skills. It also helps you sharpen your knowledge about the company.
Pros
great pay
Cons
getting the people to sign up
Company adjusts with need to innovate.
Maintenance Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 28, 2015
Great initiative to stay current with the modern manufacturing method involving lean principles. Affinity groups show a concern for diversity. Excellent incentive programs for both salary and hourly workforce.
Pros
Follows the lean methodology.
Cons
Career paths not apparent.
Great group of people
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Compton, CASeptember 22, 2016
Start with our pre huddle and move to start your work day by receiving the work orders of the day. Be alert for any production line calls
Production incentives can be nice
QA Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2016
Starts which a shift huddle on safety and any possible safety hazards,also updates on near miss, Quality is part of the huddle. Production updates are the 3rd part of the huddle.
Pros
Decient Pay
Great co-workers made expierience great
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Ladysmith, WIOctober 12, 2015
Typical day was up and down depending on the day, I personally learned a lot during my time with the company. The management wasn't the greatest, and lacked complete knowledge of what was going on the shop floor. Hardest part of the job was the long hours, especially in the summer heat with horrible ventilation, but the best part of the job was the work was easy and the co-workers made the day better and the time go faster.
Pros
Amazing co-workers
Cons
Management not the greatest
Easy work for good pay.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHMarch 24, 2016
It's easy work for good pay but the Temps aren't treated fairly. Night shift takes hour long breaks. Gets messy pretty quickly but it's easy to clean up.
Pros
easy work, a few really nice coworkers
Cons
management isn't good at finding coverage or communication.
Fun company, fun people
Material Properties Analyst (Former Employee) –  Granville, OH 43023July 22, 2016
Tasks were never overbearing, but ongoing and challenging in their own way. Projects were interesting and very informative. Many different areas in one building made for interesting days, meeting new people and understanding new aspects of every department.
A challenging place to work, kept very busy.
Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Summit, ILJune 28, 2016
Most of my time was spent on the shop floor interacting and solving problems with production employees. I've built wonderful relations with them. The most difficult part of the job was working in the elements.
Pros
Long term employees & reasonable pay.
Cons
High health insurance
stressful
Utility (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 23, 2016
I learned several things working here at this company it was just the hours we worked. shift I worked was 3 to 11 we had to work everyday since the tear started
Physical job at times but fun place to work
Warehouse/ CCO (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Days consisted of load to be filled. Work was assigned by time and due date in which crew handled. In the beginning ( 1984 ) loading was done by hand, now it all done by clamps. Most crew members were there a substantial amount of time, so we all worked together.
Pros
Great atmosphere, job security
Cons
7 day rotating shifts
Overall not a bad place to work.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  OhioJuly 12, 2016
Work with some nice people. Although, there is not much communication between supervisors and floor workers. There is some cross training available, but not a great opportunity.
Excelent place to work
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 24, 2016
It is a hard place to work at but in the end it is well worth the effort. You meet some interesting people for around the united states and it is always interesting to see where things are being shipped to.
great company to work for
Printing Press Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXMarch 7, 2016
12 hour shift standing co workers were nice ,and hardworking felt like a family management was great most enjoyable part of the job starting the line up
Springfield TN Plant a horrible place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, TNFebruary 16, 2016
Owens Corning in Springfield TN is a horrible place to work.
The insulation is everywhere.
Management has their favorites for a fact if you fuss enough you do not have to work on the presses.
Pay isnt enough for what you have to do.
I wouldnt recomment it.
One of the most enjoyable jobs that I have had
Customer Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 3, 2013
I have enjoyed working at Owens Corning, but unfortunately I work there through a Temporary Agency. I am full-time but there are no benefits. There is opportunity for advancement, but the chance for direct hire is my goal.

A typical work day is not typical. Each day is different depending on the customers that call in. Some days are very challenging with many stressful situations to deal with and other days are less challenging with less stressful situations to deal with.

I have learned about insulation, foam, roofing and logistics.

My management team and co-workers are lots of fun and very supportive.

The hardest part of the job is maintaining a positive attitude while dealing with angry customers. I count this as being one of my strongest attibutes.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when I can change a very negative situation into a positive one and make the customer happy and convince them, that this is just a temporary situation and restore their faith in the company.
Productive and Funwork place
SharePoint Developer\.Net Application Support (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 8, 2016
The biggest problem facing learning and development programs in business is the limited transfer of
training into the workplace after the formal components are completed. This problem is enormous,
ignored and misunderstood
Pros
Free Weekend trips
Cons
Long Hours
I would go back if there was different management
Front end relief (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 6, 2015
I worked there for over 20 years. A lot of lying, a lot of back stabbing, finger pointing. Broken promises made to new employees by management. The company is not loyal to its workers. The new plant manager seems to be there to clean house by getting ride of older employees and hiring on a newer set for less money. The company I think is a good company, but the people at the roofing plant are not.
Pros
steady work -overtime available
Cons
management
summary
Insulation Processor (Former Employee) –  Eloy, AZFebruary 26, 2016
The day at this job was loud and busy-busy and really long at times.
What I learned through the experience was working on the production line folding insulation and using the package processor
machine. My co-workers were anti-social at times, but that job required a lot of attention towards the duties we were given. The hardest part of the job was only the irritation of the fiberglass.
The most enjoyable thing about it was it was rotating shifts. It made
the job easier to adjust flexible shifts.
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
fiberglass irritation
Incompetent leadership but an ok place to work
Business Analyst Lead (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 23, 2016
Ok place to work, some good people, but advancement is time based not skill based so it leads to incompetent leadership.