Owens Corning Employee Reviews

Very productive place to work.
Warehouse Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJanuary 5, 2016
It was a fun yet stressful job! The money was great, but that's not why I enjoyed my job. It was a challenge to maneuver the fiberglass rolls on the bullet truck, and was a challenge I looked forward to! My co-workers were astounding and they made the job a lot of fun!
Pros
Benefits, pay, challenging workplace.
Cons
Swing shifts.
Company adjusts with need to innovate.
Maintenance Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 28, 2015
Great initiative to stay current with the modern manufacturing method involving lean principles. Affinity groups show a concern for diversity. Excellent incentive programs for both salary and hourly workforce.
Pros
Follows the lean methodology.
Cons
Career paths not apparent.
Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHDecember 26, 2015
All jobs were done by all employees I learned a lot because of this it was totally team managed and shut down after less than 9 years
good company to work for
Autocatcher (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 8, 2015
enjoyed my time here very good people. enviroment was great really enjoyed this job. needs a little more stability......................................
I would go back if there was different management
Front end relief (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 6, 2015
I worked there for over 20 years. A lot of lying, a lot of back stabbing, finger pointing. Broken promises made to new employees by management. The company is not loyal to its workers. The new plant manager seems to be there to clean house by getting ride of older employees and hiring on a newer set for less money. The company I think is a good company, but the people at the roofing plant are not.
Pros
steady work -overtime available
Cons
management
hectic work
Forlift operatr (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 4, 2015
Responsible for loading and unloading flatbed trucks with roofing products. Also responsible for dispatching deliveries
Pros
co-wokers
Cons
Minnesota winter
Great compensation and benefits
Auto Catcher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 2, 2015
Fun work place. I wish senior leadership would talk to new employees and see how things are going. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Pros
lot of available overtime
Cons
you flip your shifts every 30 days
Well managed during very difficult times.
Design Asst, Mar Comm Admin, Sr. Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 30, 2015
Provided an opportunity for advancement thru work experience, internal and external training opportunities and eventually recognition of results.
Pros
People and opportunities
Cons
Difficult corporate times
Great Place Work
TSS Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OhioOctober 21, 2015
Everyone there is totally professional and friendly.Work inf for them was fun,Showed up hour early for pickup and delivered load 3-4 hours in advance.Management are friendly and curious.co-workers in the field where happy in there duties.Hardest part of job is traffic.The most enjoyable part of the job is driving when no traffic is gong crazy with drivers in morning traffic or afternoon.
Fast Pace Environment
Sales and design professional (Current Employee) –  Capital heightsOctober 14, 2015
Supportive management team, however training is minimal so it is important that potential employees are self managed and self driven to be great in the sales profession in order to be successful.
Pros
commision based
Cons
commision based
Not the best to work ...
Scheduler/Planner (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAOctober 13, 2015
It was a good place to work when I started , But management was changed and everything changed as well.

My direct leader did not stand up for the maintenance department.
I was like the plant leader was our direct leader , but when we had something to say they would say follow the chain of command.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks
Cons
sometimes was not able to get a full 30 mins lunch break
Great co-workers made expierience great
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Ladysmith, WIOctober 12, 2015
Typical day was up and down depending on the day, I personally learned a lot during my time with the company. The management wasn't the greatest, and lacked complete knowledge of what was going on the shop floor. Hardest part of the job was the long hours, especially in the summer heat with horrible ventilation, but the best part of the job was the work was easy and the co-workers made the day better and the time go faster.
Pros
Amazing co-workers
Cons
Management not the greatest
good place to work
dry end operator and weo (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCOctober 6, 2015
some jobs can be difficult at times but the overall culture is good. Lots of experienced people to work with, and lots of potential for overtime and growth
Pros
culture
Cons
environmental issues
Friendly and always smiling, although serious when needed
Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Starr, SCSeptember 30, 2015
Fast-paced work environment with different problems occurring every day. A large amount of statistical analysis, however utilizing communication skills and interpersonal skills to be able to connect with floor workers and gain knowledge about the certain process. The most enjoyable part of the day was to be able to explore a different part of the process and understand every nook and cranny about the process. Taking that knowledge helped me propel myself when in tight situations and be able to understand the key process indicator data and better statistically analyze the differences of the two data sets and determine whether or not there was correlations between years.
Pros
Exciting, welcoming environment, helpful people
Cons
lack of working on equipment
Highly energetic productive professional environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILSeptember 16, 2015
Working for a company of this magnitude was fantastic. It allowed me to take both my education and real world experience to an entirely new level.

Daily activities included all aspects of running a large corporation.

My primary functions:

Lead daily/weekly/monthly group training meetings with both new and experienced employees. One on one training as needed.

Hold weekly meetings with all department heads to review and project all goals to assure we stay ahead of schedule. Customer Service, Sales, Finance, Marketing, and all aspects of Production.

All in all this position created daily challenges which I appreciate in a work atmosphere.
Pros
As noted, the position as G.M. allowed me to expand in directions beyond my past experiences.
Cons
Absolutely nothing.
call center
Data Entry Specialist/ Clerk (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAAugust 31, 2015
I didn't have the pleasure to work there for long since they closed down our office I only worked there for 2 months it would've been nice if I worked there longer.
Fun Place to Work
Fork lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ware HouseAugust 19, 2015
Nice Work Place new Experience to be learn' And everybody get a long nicely.Long 12 hr Shifts But time goes By fast. So its ok and the pay is Great.
Good pay
TOS2 (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 14, 2015
Owens Corning pays good but not a fun job. Every job I was in line to move up in was being eliminated.
The healthcare plan was not very good.
Management had unrealistic expectation on employees.
Work environment in transition
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 31, 2015
I would perform physical inventory and submit purchase request for BOM and daily functional equipment. Review contracts and participate in the involvement of plant inprovements.
I learned how much Supply Chain Magement could affect the bottom line and how to teach this to upper management -showing your worth.
Pros
Lead Diversity and Change management
Cons
Seasoned union was hard to make quick changes
It was a great experience
field tech (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 27, 2015
Coming straight from the military, this was a perfect fit for what I wanted to do. I had a passion for prep and detail work as well as home improvement. This was the perfect job to introduce me to such work.
Pros
Learning the skills that would be with me all my life.
Cons
Company down-sizing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Owens Corning. Our community is ready to answer.