Owensboro Health Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Cut throat
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJanuary 11, 2018
This hospital over worked their employees and expected staff to take on more than the normal amount of patients. They were finding any and every reason to rid the hospital of experienced nurses and replace them (or not in some cases) with new nurses fresh from school.
love taking care of patients
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYDecember 10, 2017
taking vitals such as temperatures, respiration, blood pressure , pulse. collecting urine, and stool samples. getting weights, charting all in and out put on patients and taking care whatever needs they made have during there stay
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYOctober 30, 2017
I truly enjoy being able to work for a company such as this, they care for there employees and are willing to work with anyone that is willing to work for them.
Committed to excellence
Clinical Informatics Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYOctober 9, 2017
Company really cares about the patients. Good benefits for the employees. Beautiful facilities. Management is approachable. Focus on being a highly reliable organization.
fast paced environment
Registered Nurse - Cardiac Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYOctober 9, 2017
fast paced environment
excellent team work (day shift)
poor consistency between day and night shift teamwork
mediocre health insurance
excessively strict attendance policy (ie - nurses basically not allowed to get sick themselves)
Needs better management.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYSeptember 22, 2017
Way too much work for one person when I was there. One person shouldn't be responsible for 15+ people. That's when accidents happen and people get hurt. Better management and more staff could maybe solve that problem.
enjoyment
Registered nurse/Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYSeptember 2, 2017
I enjoyed my time working for Owensboro Health Regional Hospital. I developed great skills to advance my career and developed several opportunities to become a better nurse through challenges presented.
Good job experience
Emergency Technician (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYAugust 30, 2017
Love the job experience you get. The staff is friendly and they offer you a lot of knowledge. They are always willing to let you experience things hands on.
ugh
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYAugust 24, 2017
This was a great place to work for a long time. Things has seemed to go down hill every since our new ceo and manager has taken over. I will remain prn when I find a new job
Productive and Fun work enviroment.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYAugust 18, 2017
A wonderful place to work, there was always support and help. the management cared about all employees.
Safety was a main goal spoke of daily. As a CNA I took care of 6 patience with activities of daily living.
Pros
CNA and RN ratio to patience was conducive to an excellent work enviroment.
Cons
Little over time allowed.
E.D. Technician (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYAugust 11, 2017
Typical day is having a busy days. I enjoy the work that I do. I am just wanting to venture out and try something new. I love trying new things an would love to see what the future had in store
Pros
job security
Cons
Not enough days off; everyday schdeule
Good Job!
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 12, 2017
• Cater 3+ meals a day to the sick and injured.
• Take orders specifically to each patient’s diet based on their health.
• Clean kitchen to health standards.
N/a
Guest Relations (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 5, 2017
Mandatory overtime is frequent with a high staff turn over rate. The actual position can be very fulfilling and rewarding, the schedule is just difficult for most people.
Fun, interactive workplace
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJune 30, 2017
Team oriented workplace, loved helping people get their health improved in various ways.
I took great care of my patients and clients and had a clean and updated environment.
I received training on site and always look for ways to grow and improve my skills and knowledge.
Pros
discounts at cafe
Cons
favoritism to male employees and no lunch breaks
Team environment
Landscaping- groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJune 15, 2017
Daily care of the facilities of the hospital including mowing, trimming, landscaping and snow removal in the winter. Great benefits and a resourceful environment.
productive workplace
Sterile Processing technician (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJune 15, 2017
enjoyed assisting with preparation in surgeries. Definitely gives you confidence in knowing you helped save lives. Work together as a team which is highly important to keep department running efficiently.
Fast paced
Insturment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJune 4, 2017
Very intense job. Preparing instruments for surgery everyday. Sterile Processing is the heart of any hospital. To be responsible for the cleaning and preparing of all surgical items is not an easy task.
Pros
Bonus checks
Cons
not getting raises
On yearly raise freeze
Environmental Services Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYApril 30, 2017
From mandated overtime, to no raises, Owensboro Health is not the place that I began working. It has changed in the last couple of years, and not necessarily for the better. They could benefit from better management.
Cons
No Raises
I have no complaints about managment
Revenue Integrity Analyst (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYMarch 14, 2017
I feel that as a company the staff should have more opportunities to advance and receive better compensation for the time, effort and work we are EXPECTED to perform for the company.
Pros
not hostile
Cons
need more compensation
A loving place to work
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYFebruary 6, 2017
Working in a hospital setting was different for me because I got to see different type of jobs roles such as the one I was there to do as well as , Dr's, Nurses, Nursing Assistant, Cooks,Dietaries, etc. It was nothing that was to hard for me on this job because I am one who loves a challenge. The most thing I love about this job is meeting different people and getting to see patients come in sick and leave out feeling a little better knowing they are on the road to recovery.
Pros
The joy of a patient
Cons
not enough time being this a temp job.