Owner Connect Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Overall great company!
Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 28, 2017
I started out as a rep at a dealership with no process. I was a decent rep pushing out about 25 sold appointments a month. Owner Connect came in and coached us as a team and helped myself and our dealership grow. With their help and my eagerness to grow with the company, I was able to move up to management. I stuck to the process and kept moving the needle. few years down the road, I now travel the world with OC and train other bdc's to be successful! Owner Connect helped me build a career and now have an opportunity to show other people how to succeed in this business. I would definitely recommend this company, consistency is key and also the key to success!
Pros
Gives opportunity for growth
Cons
none...i love this company!
Amazing Company, Immense Growth Potential
Manager of Hiring and Launches (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILApril 14, 2017
I started working for Owner Connect in May of 2015 as a Staffing Coordinator. Over the last 2 years I have been promoted multiple times where I now stand as the Manager of Recruiting and Launches. With a Female CEO that so many prestigious men and women in the Auto Industry admire, I quickly grew to LOVE this company as I have felt more like family than an employee.

I am seeing many reviews under the "Owner Connect" name that are likely more relevant to the dealerships these candidates were hired to. Our goal and focus is to provide value and growth to our dealership partners by implementing a proven system comprised of scripting and processes to help their Business Development Centers flourish. Part of that support is finding people who are not afraid to get on the phones and grow the business. Many of our BDC Agents are very successful but it is a difficult role that is not for everybody. I hope that those reviews don't deter quality job seekers from considering working for either our company or any of those amazing partners we represent.
Pros
Ability to suggest and implement new ideas and ways of doing things, Amazing team members, Ability to travel
Horrible experience
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZJanuary 25, 2017
Terrible position For someone like me that is very experienced and talented cold calling. The pay scale is bad bcuz you only get commission if an appointment that you set buys a car. The salesman don't do there jobs and the leads that you call are old and most of the time don't like the dealership. Many times there wouldn't be any leads at all and the salesman would get angry that I'm calling "their" customer. On top of that the management sucked. So don't waste your time unless you're that desperate.
Pros
Working at all.
Cons
Not worth being serious about.
Mislead early on..
BDC Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 24, 2017
I had high hopes for this job but if I could say no stars, I would. I had no problem with Owner Connect LLC, which is the affiliate company who decides if you're hired, although they're based and located in Chicago... I had a problem with the "so called boss". They hire people that are not fit or qualified for the position. You cold call the same people for weeks over and over again until they agree to come in to see if they'd like to trade their car in to the dealership. Not only was it a very bad experience but Rick Weaver's in general have no work ethics, you lose hours on account of not enough people to call every day, honestly overall it's not a professional work environment, and let's not talk about the manager of the customer service team who acts like a teenager at work instead of a grandmother smh.... Definitely changed my impression of them. Hence, as you can see why they've been on this job engine for quite some time, always looking to hire someone new... Sadly, they'll be out of business soon, either by the management or how they trick people.... I'd rather work for Owner Connect, unfortunately that was not an option.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Less hours than advised, "high school type" atmosphere, cold calling same people every day, horrible management
Bad Job
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 20, 2016
You do not get 30hrs as expected. Didn't really have work for us to do. It was hard to set appts because we were calling people from a decade ago. The supervisor was rude as well.
Not what is to be expected
Sales (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJune 25, 2016
It's more of a fraternity than a place of work. Very few staff are professional, management always busy horsing around don't bother training and expect immediate results.
Pros
Long lunches, good hands on experience
Cons
Self help, no training, gossip, unfriendly.
No room for growth
BDC Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 5, 2016
I worked in BDC very stressful, barely got any training because manager armi was too busy running around everywhere and was not able to train right.. Everyone there gossips
Pros
Free food Saturday's
Cleaning
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 23, 2016
Tired, energetic, active, busy, fast.
I learned how to really clean a house, and how to make costumers happy with my work.
I get very well along with people I worked, we talked and we both make sure to do what we had to do, and we both would walk out happy with each other.
The hardest time of the job, is looking at the clock and see that your running out of time.
The best part is, when your done with the job, and you look back and everything is the way the you wanted.
Pros
No free lunches, i would bring my own
Cons
No breaks
Worked for self so it was fine
Self Employed (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 8, 2016
When you are self employed it more on you to make the coditions as pleasant as possible hardest part of job is to satisfy clients which I did