Owner Connect Employee Reviews

Mislead early on..
BDC Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 24, 2017
I had high hopes for this job but if I could say no stars, I would. I had no problem with Owner Connect LLC, which is the affiliate company who decides if you're hired, although they're based and located in Chicago... I had a problem with the "so called boss". They hire people that are not fit or qualified for the position. You cold call the same people for weeks over and over again until they agree to come in to see if they'd like to trade their car in to the dealership. Not only was it a very bad experience but Rick Weaver's in general have no work ethics, you lose hours on account of not enough people to call every day, honestly overall it's not a professional work environment, and let's not talk about the manager of the customer service team who acts like a teenager at work instead of a grandmother smh.... Definitely changed my impression of them. Hence, as you can see why they've been on this job engine for quite some time, always looking to hire someone new... Sadly, they'll be out of business soon, either by the management or how they trick people.... I'd rather work for Owner Connect, unfortunately that was not an option.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Less hours than advised, "high school type" atmosphere, cold calling same people every day, horrible management
Making outbound calls to people to see if they want to come into the dealership
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 26, 2016
You barely get 30 hours a week you're making phone calls on accounts from 2001 the supervisor is not friendly and she doesn't have patienthey she act funny. The sales team needs work you will make 75 appointments lucky if they sell one car out of them. The supervisor is always on your back asking you are you making phone calls when there is no one else to call this job is a temporary position only for some quick money not worth the time.
Pros
Free lunch on Saturdays flexible hours
Cons
Calling on old accounts long drawn-out script reading
Bad Job
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 20, 2016
You do not get 30hrs as expected. Didn't really have work for us to do. It was hard to set appts because we were calling people from a decade ago. The supervisor was rude as well.
Not what is to be expected
Sales (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJune 25, 2016
It's more of a fraternity than a place of work. Very few staff are professional, management always busy horsing around don't bother training and expect immediate results.
Pros
Long lunches, good hands on experience
Cons
Self help, no training, gossip, unfriendly.
Unhappy
BDC Representative (Former Employee) –  N/AApril 7, 2016
Was told this job would be 30 hours a week base line. It is not. It's minimum 22 to 24. Was told I would only have to work 1 Sunday a month... Not true. Was told this position isn't sales... However it is. Pushing you to get an "appointment"... Selling the customers time and yours to get them in the dealership to buy a car. Commission isn't based on appointments. It's based on how many cars are sold out of your appointments. Each sale has a payout. $25 or $75 depending on its source. You spend all day cold calling customers behind a desk working manifest lists or Internet leads. It becomes boring fast.
You are free to take a lunch however if you're only working 22 to 24 hrs a week, keep in mind that it'll come out of your pay.

I really wish they were more honest when they hired me. I literally spent more time on my phone applying to other jobs, searching, and hunting. Even playing candy crush than I did actually coming in contact with customers.

Management is friendly and easy to work with. Everyone was nice and polite. And training was awesome, loved the trainer and the company. Gripe is only with the fact that this position is not what it says it is. It is definitely sales and not 30hrs a week as claimed.
I really wish in the future they address this properly.
Pros
Workplace and managers and coworkers are nice, training was smooth, loved the environment.
Cons
Not what they said it was, not the hours.
No room for growth
BDC Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 5, 2016
I worked in BDC very stressful, barely got any training because manager armi was too busy running around everywhere and was not able to train right.. Everyone there gossips
Pros
Free food Saturday's
Cleaning
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 23, 2016
Tired, energetic, active, busy, fast.
I learned how to really clean a house, and how to make costumers happy with my work.
I get very well along with people I worked, we talked and we both make sure to do what we had to do, and we both would walk out happy with each other.
The hardest time of the job, is looking at the clock and see that your running out of time.
The best part is, when your done with the job, and you look back and everything is the way the you wanted.
Pros
No free lunches, i would bring my own
Cons
No breaks
Worked for self so it was fine
Self Employed (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 8, 2016
When you are self employed it more on you to make the coditions as pleasant as possible hardest part of job is to satisfy clients which I did

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Owner Connect. Our community is ready to answer.

2.1