(LAMP SOFTWARE ENGINEER)
Ideal candidates will have a passion for problem solving and Web development and embrace the opportunity to work with new technologies in a friendly, casual environment for a stable, growing company. We value innovation, creativity, speed, and accuracy and will provide you with the tools you need to help us deliver a positive user experience.
The LAMP Software Engineer is responsible for the SDLC of customer applications, including: design, database and application development, testing, deployment, and bug fixes.
We are interested in candidates with various levels of experience: entry-level, intermediate, and advanced.
"THIS IS AN "IN-HOUSE" POSITION AND WE ARE LOOKING FOR LOCAL CANDIDATES."
- High degree of proficiency in PHP, with 2 or more years’ experience programming PHP for large-scale projects in a Linux environment
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience in programming
- Working knowledge of various network technologies: NFS, DNS, FTP, and SNMP
- A background in system security and performance tuning
- Strong MySQL skills with the ability to understand, analyze, and write complex MySQL queries
- Competence in managing and interacting with a basic LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) development environment (minimum 2 years' experience)
- Excellent communication and project planning skills; must be highly organized and able to complete high-level projects with minimal supervision
- Must be a self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills
Requirements for Intermediate (2-5 years' experience) and Advanced (5-7 years’ experience) positions include:
- Ability to perform a full range of system and server operations requiring Linux operating systems and scripting
- Ability to quickly diagnose server problems and employ preventive measures to maintain high availability servers
- Ability to serve as Linux systems administrator and maintain DNS, FTP, database and servers with large storage requirements
- Knowledge of jQuery and formal UI/UX experience
Specific responsibilities will vary according to the experience level of the engineer and the complexity of the projects. General responsibilities include:
- Supporting our LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) software products
- Maintaining and supporting existing software offerings in a full SDLC
- Developing new customer-facing and internal administrative applications for our products
Commensurate with skills and work experience. OxBlue competitively compensates based on industry benchmarks. We are a work hard/play hard environment.
Typical workweek is 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday, with some off-hour work as needed.
Indeed - 15 months ago
As a Company, we are dedicated to providing the most powerful and effective visual monitoring solutions for the construction industry while...