Spun out of Rice University, Oxane Materials manufactures and markets patented Advanced Ceramic Proppants™ which economically augment oil and gas production (rate and total recovery) from shale and other "tight rocks" while affording the opportunity to reduce the environmental impact of hydraulic fracturing.
Position will be in a our laboratory in North Houston, TX. Given the nature of the experiments, this is shift work with the 2nd shift working from 4 pm to 1 am.
- Solution preparation.
- Conduct experiments designed by Senior Scientist using assorted
- Maintain lab cleanliness.
- Maintain logs and record books.
- Resolve problems by examining and evaluating data; select
appropriate corrective steps.
- Diligently catalog lab procedures and results.
- Some knowledge regarding Chemistry and lab processes/
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of how to read a graduated cylinder and scientific
- Knowledge of how to work a pH meter.
- "Results not reasons"/"make it happen" attitude
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow instructions
- Work well with others/team paced environment.
- BS Degree in Chemistry or other related sciences
- Strong desire to learn.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Mechanical aptitude.