Oxfam Employee Reviews

Excellent and rewarding workplace
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 27, 2017
A nurturing workplace which fosters team work and provides for personal staff as well as the organisational growth. The role of the individual in the team is accentuated by the support structures in place and diversity is encouraged and embraced
Pros
Team building activities, staff benefits such as HIVcare support
Cons
short contracts
A dynamic work place where creativity and initiative area encouraged
Head of Programme / Associate Country Director (Former Employee) –  NJJuly 25, 2017
Oxfam Great Britain is a great opportunity full of challenges. I was greatly challenged on several occasions. Opportunities and resources are given for the employee fulfil.

Work culture with specific tools and procedures in place help work in an organized manner. Despite the process, the environment encourages flexibility, innovation and creativity. Learning is greatly encouraged and shared.
Amazing place, with amazing people
Canvasser (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2017
The New York City office is a very fun place to work if you continue to perform. If you have no problem approaching strangers for a good cause, this job is for you!
Pros
Relaxed Environment, Always Pushing yourself, Self Development, Working for a great cause, Family not co-workers
Cons
Many Hours on your feet (need comfy shoes) and No overtime pay
Its great working in Oxfam
DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 26, 2017
I joined as devops engineer. I worked on various tools like continuous integration tool jenkins, version control tool Git, Configuration management and deployment tools chef and puppet and worked on bug tracking tools like bugzilla.
People and culture
HR Administration Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Oxfam HouseJune 23, 2017
- a typical day at work:
high workload, focus, speed of work, collaboration, team work, team management, support to both internal and external stakeholders.

- what I learned: problem solving, flexibility, people management, HR practicalities

- management: approachable, supportive, no micromanagement in my team

- workplace culture: open and chilled

- the hardest part of the job: workload - both some processes and communications can be streamlined to ease workload.

- most enjoyable part of the job - all of it.
Pros
Good mission, good people in general and chilled culture
Cons
Workload
terrific place to work while making an impact
Agriculture Campaign Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 8, 2017
Oxfam is a terrific place to work. Dedicated, intelligent, driven, caring people throughout the organization. Work on social justice issues that truly effect disadvantages people's lives.
Good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  NewcastleMay 6, 2017
Fun productive very nice place to work but had to leave as i wanted to fulfill my passion and become a chef. I thank oxfam for letting me fulfill my potential
Pros
Close to hone
Meaningful Work
Member (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAApril 21, 2017
Oxfam was a great place to work because of the diversity and meaningful work. I enjoyed working on different campaigns that constantly kept the work changing.
Fun People
Assisted Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2017
Great purpose to raise money to fight hunger and the oppressed. The fundraising is done in NY, NJ, Boston and other places. Must have stamina, a heart and be able to stand long hours and talk to people about the mission with passion.
Fun and nice
Oxfone Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Oxfam HouseMarch 28, 2017
Good group of people, but the work could be quite monotonous, but because you were doing it for a good cause you didn't mind too much. Excellent working environment, good support.
Great working enviroment
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wales,ukFebruary 3, 2017
Really enjoyed the job and work environment and working with the people. Warm loving family of workers. will work there again. It was always nice seeing how many people volunteered and donated.
amazing place ot work
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 16, 2017
to be doing something for the betterment of other whilst earning money! one of my favourite jobs, met some amazing people and had great times! wish i could go back but is one of the most stressful career paths also
Pros
met amazing people and had lots of fun
Cons
lotf of walking, job security
It was fun working there
Volunteer Fund Raiser (Former Employee) –  OxfordJanuary 4, 2017
I learnt to work effectively without expecting a reward. My coworkers were very warm and helpful. The hardest part was when customers had to be turned away because it was time to close. The most enjoyable part was working towards a worthy cause.
keyana coffee
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 14, 2016
I enjoyed working at Oxfam Great people very family oriented everyone worked as great team leaders showed great examples for each other and really made us think about how privileged we where no matter what we go through in our daily life , as we all know sales are open and d own so there where good times and bad times but each team learned and team made it there duty that everyone was comforted the hardest part of the job was dealing with rejection and words of people that hurt when doing your job just learning to over come them the part I enjoined was knowing a life was saved only reason that I parted ways was to peruse my dreams and be the one to help these people all across s the country in a different way but it was a very great experience and job
Pros
great breaks great people
Cons
rejection
Fun place to work
Finance and MIS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 1, 2016
Work with the program directors to provide administrative support for international projects promoting economic and democratic ideals. Smart and dedicated individuals.
Amazing NGO
Financing for Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2016
Oxfam America is a great place to work. Employees are truly passionate about the important work that the organization pushes. I was given responsibility and guidance on a daily basis.
People were friendly and nice.
Information Technologist - Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, CebuAugust 7, 2016
Everyday is so easy and calm, people were friendly and nice.
The manager is friendly with a strict compliance on organizations protocol and policies.
Great place
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 29, 2016
Great place to work.Great team and co-workers.Great boss and really care about you.Cons are its not taht reliable of a job.
Pros
Nice environment, nice boss
Cons
no work security
Great place to work to make the world better!
Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 15, 2016
It was a great place to work that gives you a sense of social contribution.
The company opened my eyes to less privileged people.
I was moved by the people's good heart in giving. I came from a country where giving is not part of our lives.
Their management is not strong and good. At least that it is good that they pay attention so that they do survey called "grate place to work" to tackle problems employees are facing but their improvement is so slow. One of biggest issues is inequality in salary for women.
My co-workers are great and they embrace diversity I love.
Pros
flexible work hour, great benefits (especially health insurance)
Cons
internal change, lots of lay off
Real Commitment to Social Change
Leading Consultant (Current Employee) –  Santo DomingoFebruary 17, 2016
Oxfam is a great place to work and to collaborate with because of their firm commitment to Social Change and Social Justice. Truly inspired and absolutely competent people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oxfam. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3