Oxford & Associates

Oxford & Associates Employer Reviews

Solid firm with a fun group of folks
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: the opportunity that each day presents, be it a new opportunity to work on, a new client to help, or most importantly, a new consultant to help make happy by way of a great new role that we have to offer.
Cons: limited marketplace (strictly ct and ny), limited upward mobility
a daily routine at Oxford & Associates is pretty much a split between maintaining strong relationships with consultants I have already met and also unearthing new talent by way of forging new relationships and relying on referrals too from the people I have worked hard to meet thru the past few years.

A major reason why I feel good about the success – more... I have achieved to date is that I have managed to meet people and forge good rapports with many talented folks long before they are poised to make a move. I have learned that being pro-active at all times gives myself - and more importantly our organization - a solid advantage when it comes time to meet the ever-evolving needs of a client.

Equally important is the fact that when someone is finally looking to make a move, I might very well be someone they will call atop their list of recruiters they can trust to help them advance their careers. In short, I'm never just calling new consultants to quickly fill a job. By being pro-active, I'm a step ahead of the game, and with a solid base of people I have taken the time to truly know, I can swiftly react to both the needs of a client as well as the needs of our consultants once either side is ready to make a move.

By networking and listening to the needs of both or consultants and our clients, not a day goes by that I do not learn something new and exciting about the recruiting and sales industry. Every day brings a new challenge, and with it inevitably a new lesson learned.

I pride myself on not just relying hitting the phones but also on taking the time to meet all the consultants early on. If they can't make it into our Norwalk office, I will gladly attend an event to meet up with them or join them for a cup of coffee anywhere they would like. It's about flexibility, enthusiasm, and determination when it comes to finding the right talent. That is what I truly believe.

The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people land in a place that they truly enjoy, working in a good culture and performing the responsibilities that best match their top skills. There are no quick fixes in my eyes, it's all about taking the time to truly making it work for both the consultant as well as the client.

The hardest part would be just narrowly missing out on matching the ideal consultant with their ideal role. Timing is everything, and sometimes folks land somewhere else a few moments before a great new opportunity crosses our desks for them. It's a part of the business, so I have to keep moving onto the next task at hand. Consistency and not resting on one big deal or one big month is everything, another key lesson I have learned. – less
run
Regional Administrative Assistant to the VP (Former Employee), Wilmington, MAOctober 5, 2012
Pros: they pay you for your work
Cons: everything- ask anyone
don't ever work here- blemish on your resume
VPs are terrible and out of touch
the AM and recruiters are terrible
pay stinks, yucky place