Oxford HealthCare Employee Reviews

very productive
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 11, 2017
it was a great job to have, the only reason i ever left was that another company offered me more hours and more pay.
and i could make my own schedule.
Pros
field work for the most part
Cons
low pay
not so productive
Home Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 10, 2017
I have worked at Oxford for 5month now am somewhat happy with it they give you all the hours you would need but the pay isn't worth it you have no family time
Pros
you get to no your clients
Cons
you can get to close to your clients witch is not allowed
December 11, 2017

Thank you for the review. We strive for employee satisfaction. We would be happy to discuss your concerns and a solution. Please call us to discuss.

The only good thing is the clients you work for
Inhome (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 4, 2017
Oxford doesn't value their aides, they have a field supervisor continues to down grade the aides and treats them like dirt in clients homes-the office management isn't any better. They show NO signs of appreciation for the workers. Their pay is downgrading and they gave every aide a pay cut, they use their own vehicles and get no mile reimbursement. If there wasn't aides to go into the homes the nurses, field supervisors and office people wouldn't have a job. SHAME ON OXFORD....
Pros
Sweet clinets, set your own hours
Cons
.05 cent raise if your lucky, no milage pay, no appreciation to the aides
December 11, 2017

We are so sorry your experience was not a positive one. We strive for 100% employee satisfaction. We would love to better understand your individual circumstances if you would like to call us to discuss further.

You spend most of your time with differrnt clients
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALNovember 30, 2017
I loved my job ! Because i love helping the elderly but i had to travel miles to places and they didnt compensate my gas mileage management were great understanding & easy to communicate with
Pros
Breaks in between clients
Cons
No benefits, Pay
Oxford Healthcare
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSNovember 27, 2017
It is meaningful work. Work is for the ones that work hard and care. Great caring regional director. If you do not have a fuel efficient vehicle I would not suggest this company. Pay is based on program that clients' are in.
Pros
Was able to make my own schedule
Cons
Alot of traveling to clients' home without compensation for travel
need to care more about their employees
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 19, 2017
poor management, no retirement, no vacation time, no 401k, no benefits, and no raises. Nothing more to say other than they need to take more pride and better care of their workers.
It is a alright place to work
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Batesville, MSNovember 14, 2017
Only thing that I dont like is that they don't offer insurance. And I don't have time to spend with my kids on the weekend. Then you don't be off on the holidays with my family
Pros
Flexable
Cons
no time with family
Great company
Nursing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSNovember 13, 2017
I've been with Oxford for three months and I couldn't possibly have one negative statement. All of the office staff have been so welcoming . I leave work everyday with the same smile I came in with.
Oxford Healthcare a place to start out from high school
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 11, 2017
I work for Oxford for 2 years and no raise in wages I asked for to APC certified to do something different in the company. I was Housekeeping at the time. They could’nt train me because there was need of PCA in my area. Because I live someplace where there was no need of . I felt there wasn’t opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Wonderful clients
Cons
No opportunity of advancement
November 14, 2017

Hello! Thank you for your review! There is always room to grow at Oxford. We're sorry that you were unable to obtain your APC certificate. APC training could be based on openings in your area however, we are happy to offer tuition reimbursement to help you reach your educational goals for advancement.

Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ellsworth, WIOctober 23, 2017
I loves working for this company, it's a great place with wonderful residents. Employees are fantastic and work really hard. Overall it's a great work environment.
Pros
Loving, family oriented
Cons
Short staff

Want to know more about Oxford HealthCare?

Ask a question
Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mobile, AL 36609October 19, 2017
I enjoy working with my co workers, great group of women. Hard workers, who work well independent or as a team. The people are friendly and they are supportive.
Pros
We provide a service to our community that is needed.
Cons
Not enough people will to provide this service that is needed.
It was very a waste of time
In Home Aide (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 15, 2017
I dont feel like i really got much out of this job i did learn alot though i learned how to be a in home aide i took care of the elderly i went into there home and feed them cleaned there house I went to the store for them i also would clean there house cook and keep them company
Great company
Private duty RN (Current Employee) –  Batesville, MSOctober 14, 2017
I cared for a private duty patient in his home. Pay was great. Health insurance was not very good. Staffers do not contact you with other job opportunities.
Pros
pay
Cons
insurance
productive workplace good vibes
personal care worker (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSOctober 14, 2017
oxford health care is a great company to work for, it's stressful at times but overall a great company. the superviors are great and the office staff are great.
Pros
get to meet a lot of great people who you help
Cons
vacation, travel pay
it is fun and laid back people to work for
In-home ade (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 9, 2017
i loved doing what i did. loved the people i took care of. lots of neat storys they would tell you. you clean the house and go shopping for them or cook.
October 16, 2017

Thank you for choosing Oxford HealthCare and being a part of our team!

The clients made the job work while
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSOctober 7, 2017
Although the pay is sucks and you don't get compensated for your mileage, providing hope and talking to those clients made the job worth while. Sometimes you were the only thing that stood between those clients and giving up on life.
Pros
Nice Clients
Cons
No mileage reimbursment, wear and tear on your vehicle
Enjoy working with my patients sometimes confusing schedule
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 5, 2017
Enjoy working with my patients but sometimes the schedule is confusing because there are people who are not dependable to show up for work and they continue to work for this company.
Cons
staffing issues
It's home health
LTCA (Former Employee) –  Ponca City, OKOctober 4, 2017
I've worked at two home health agencies, and while Oxford was the better of the two it's still very stressful. There are people that get the nice and polite clients, but I was given the difficult cases because I have a hard time saying no. The condition of some of the houses I had to clean were horrible. Roach infested, clients pooping on the floor, it was just sad at times. While I love to care for people home health is something you really have to be born to do, otherwise is wears down on you.
Pros
Make your own hours, work as many as you want
Cons
Low pay, no mileage reimbursement, unsanitary work conditions
Poor management
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALSeptember 26, 2017
It basically depends on what patients you have . The management team never could get my pay right and there are several law suits against the company.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Working 7 days a week
Horrible
Home Health aid (Former Employee) –  Alabaster, ALSeptember 21, 2017
Horrible place to work, will not pay a fair wage, bottom of the barrel insurance offered, management is incompetent. They are always messing up your hours and refusing to do anything to correct the way the do things.
Pros
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oxford HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7