Oxford HealthCare Employee Reviews

CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMarch 16, 2017
It's a good place to work just no benefits r pay raises....it has good nurses and office staff the director is great and a good person to work for....
Pros
Love the job good ppl to work with
Cons
Not a lot of pay raises
not recommended
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 10, 2017
This is not a job that I would recommend to anyone looking for advancement opportunities. Management is not friendly, supportive, or honest. Pay scale is not competitive.
It's a nice company to work for.
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gardendale, ALFebruary 28, 2017
My review is that, I think I'm underpaid, for what I have to do for some clients. I like what I do, but, its like, I'm not getting paid what I'm worth.
helping fun workplace
PCA (Patient Care Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSFebruary 20, 2017
Helping the elderly and assisting with their needs. Standing amd lifting required. Doing their laundry cleaning theif homes and entertaining them
Not much to say
IN- HOME HEALTH AIDE (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 16, 2017
In charge of your own hours basically. Paid gas mileage (back when I worked there). Didn't get a whole lot of interaction with anyone except for your clients.
I loved the people there
Receptionist/Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSFebruary 14, 2017
I enjoyed working with the co workers and the clients. I worked in the Hattiesburg office. The clients were very sweet.Great hours and great pay. Enjoyed it.
productive
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 8, 2017
Just understanding the client of their personal needs and making sure everything goes along great and it has gave me the understanding of others when dealing with client and their need
Pros
Learning skills
I Love Oxford
PCA II (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 12, 2017
Oxford is a great place to work for....all about teamwork. I love taking care of the elderly and seeing the smiles they give after. Love is what they need and I love giving it. When you get a good group of nurses and nurse aids on board....everything comes together.
Pros
Teamwork, Great communication from admin staff and co-workers
Cons
Minor
Very unprofessional and shady
Personal Care Assistant, homemaker etc (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALJanuary 5, 2017
Loved my clients and my job but no advancement, management wasn't very good, things done very unprofessional, bad pay,no pay for mileage. I would not recommend this job to anyone. The clients were the best part. Management was shady. If looking for a job where u can help people keep looking because this job is not worth the time.
Pros
Being able to help people. Loved my clients
Cons
Management was unprofessional and shady.
Dont waste your time
CNA (Former Employee) –  Henagar, ALDecember 13, 2016
You don't get any hours and when you think your helping the clients call and complain about any little thing and they pull you out of there home . The office staff does not communicate with the staff at all so you never know what's going on. You don't get paid mileage unless u drive 30 miles or more and then it's a challenge to get them to pay you for that. You will not get paid mileage to run errands for your clients so your using your gas for your clients with nothing in return . All in all its not a Good company to work for so glad I'm not longer associated with them.

Want to know more about Oxford HealthCare?

Ask a question
Great company to work for
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 15, 2016
I am extremely proud to be a part of the Oxford Healthcare team. This company truly makes its employees feel like family.
Did not offer decent pay.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 9, 2016
I applied online and got a call back within 10 minutes. They needed nurses bad and I knew a few people that worked for them. They only offered me $17. I've never made that little in this career. Knowing that they pay other nurses much more I decided not to work for them. I rarely heard anything bad about the jobs they offered though.
Pros
Nurses needed
Cons
Low pay
nice atmosphere
LVN Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 5, 2016
very nice place and people to work with
Not too much area of advancement since it is a home care business
clients are very nice also , pay rate does not reflect work .
Pros
casual
Cons
no break or lunch away from patients
I loved my patients. And the flexible schedule
In Home Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 2, 2016
The best part of oxford is the patients. It's was hard working weekends and holidays but seeing my patients light up bc I was there made it worth it. I don't think in home Aids and CNAs are paid enough and it takes a year to recieve benefits. There is little to no way to move up in the company without paying thousands on nursing school and even then you'd make more in a hospital or clinic.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay
Great Home Health Program for the Seniors in our community.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALNovember 2, 2016
Oxford Health Care is a great work experience for me. The flexible hours are great and overall great company to be apart of.
Professional and fair work environment
LPN (Current Employee) –  Saltillo, MSOctober 19, 2016
I rarely have direct interaction with very many of the other employees, but, based on the interaction I have had, it seems that everyone works well to accommodate the patients AND the nurses schedules. There is much more professionalism and record-keeping than with another home health agency(not listed in resume) I briefly worked for.
Great flexibility
LPN (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 20, 2016
The pay is not great so you have to make up for it with long hours daily which takes away from family and home life. The best part about working with this company are the awesome families I have had the pleasure to work with.
Pros
Flexibility with patients
Cons
Low Pay, Unprofessional Office Staff.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 18, 2016
Poor Management,No job security,No advancements,pay is not worth your time,and no future.My experience with Oxford was the worse job I've ever had.keep looking!!!
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
poor management, very low pay, lack of communication
Nice clients! Great hours!
HHA (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 18, 2016
I enjoyed working for Oxford healthcare, I got to make my own hours and pick the clients that I wanted. My supervisor was awesome and communication was easy with her. A few mix ups in the staff, but overall it was a good job.
Pros
Pick your own hours! Good pay for the amount of work!
Cons
The office is a bit unorganized
Great company to work for
Caregiver/CNA (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, AL.September 15, 2016
Doesn't pay enough to cover has to get to clients home. And alot allot of wear and tear on car. Great management. Will keep you busy. Our you pay your own has to get to clients home. And no benefits and startimg pay $8.00
Pros
Great management and great workers
Cons
Not enough pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oxford HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9