Oxford Employee Reviews in United States

My Job
Health Information Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, MAJuly 18, 2016
I work between 32 and 40 hours a week and multitask daily. I enjoy what I do a lot. I'm a team player. I can get tasks done on a timely manner. I enjoy being around people. I help all the time with problems with computers. I am very fast at typing.
Kind and understanding management, excellent tutoring experience
English Tutor (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAJune 18, 2016
A typical day at work involved commuting to student's houses and tutoring them for 1-2 hours (depending on the student schedule). I learned: how to manage my time well, how to listen and cater to the needs of students in order to help them succeed, how to efficiently complete and submit paperwork, and how to communicate with parents in a comfortable yet professional manner.

Management was kind and efficient, and helped with any problems that I brought to them. Since I was a tutor that did not work in one location--the tutoring center--I did not form relationships with other tutors at Oxford.

The hardest part of the job was commuting between student's houses in a quick succession and not being able to work in one place.

The most enjoyable part of the job was forming relationships with students and seeing them become interested and engaged in the material being taught, and seeing them improve.
Pros
Good management, being able to teach something that I love
Cons
Commute
Un professional and unsafe place to work for
cna nursing assistant cna (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MADecember 29, 2015
The hardest part of the job was that there was always low staff which means the patient to cna ratio was un safe at times
A typical day at work was crazy and no help from some of the nurses
When the state was there they (managment)made things seem perfect and they would help pass trays and not even know the patients names or what they would looklike
Pros
the patients
Cons
The managment was not professional at all and hippa violations like crazy
Love the clients
CNA/APC/IHC (Current Employee) –  SpringfieldAugust 20, 2015
I go to different peoples most of them are elderly that if it wasn't for us they would be in nursing homes. I do house keeping and Personal care and i run errands for them when needed. The clients for the most part are sweet and appreciative!
Pros
Meet new people and make a difference to them.
Cons
No medical, Dont work well with students, No hours really
This was an intern position while I was in school.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXMay 21, 2015
I learned how a legal office works. I also learned about the procedures required to e file documents. My co-workers were wonderful, If I could have stayed I would have. The job for me was fairly simply I just need to learn how to apply what I already knew. The most enjoyable part was dealing with the clients and knowing that at the end of the day you help them in one manner or the other.
Good place but needs middle management change
QA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carteret, NJMay 7, 2015
Overall good place to work. Well established Safety and Quality systems. Good co workers but toxic work environment. Middle managment leadership is non existing. Huge gap between top management and production operations. If some organizational problems are fixed will be a great place to work.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Lack of middle management, Poor job security, Top management is disconnected from real production operations.
Experience as a property manager
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 21, 2015
The experience that I have with this property is unique. We have residents with different background and culture. I like the fact that it's a small community so I have a lot of chances to get to know my residents. Everyday could be different; need to prepare for the best and worst.
Pros
everyday is different
Cons
need to go to different properties almost everyday
dont work there
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLAugust 3, 2015
they cared mainly about a body in the classroom instead of the children
no place to advance
no raises
no overtime
sometimes no full 40 hours
Cons
a baby died there
Driving to clients homes
Caring for Clients (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJanuary 4, 2014
I would drive to my first clients home and then I would greet with with a hello and then get that client their bath and clean their home and then I would leave to go to another clients home and repeat above. I have learned that there are people out there that really does need the need Oxford offers. my manager was really nice she always made sure we had clients to see every day. I really didn't have co-workers but if my boss called and asked if I could cover someone shift I would. the hardest part of my job was we I had to sit there and watch them pass over. I enjoyed talking and meeting new people on a daily base.
Pros
nothing is free in this world!
Cons
the only time you got breaks was when you was driving from client to client!
Work out for free.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 10, 2012
A typical day at work, would be to greet the customers, with a smile. Handle personal accounts for the weight traineers, and masseuse. Management was management. My co-workers, hard workers. The hardest part of the job, tring to remember customers long account numbers and what they like or dislike, but after awhile you get the hang of things. The most enjoyable part of the job, I was able to meet super stars, and have people remember my name and tell me what a hard worker I was.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health care
A Day At The Office
Instructional Specialist (Former Employee) –  JF WebbNovember 15, 2013
A typical day at work starts with a yummy XL Cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee. In my years of working as a Sales/Technical Professional/Educator I have learned that my determination was key in every position I have taken. My management teams overall were productive and great leaders. My co-workers, though some just their, were very on top of the new trends in their fields. The hardest part of my job in the last ten years was watching the system I loved changed and diminish for lack of fortitude by the students and parents. The most enjoyable part of my job in the last ten years was watching those who chose to move on to the next level and be a Champion at Work did so with honor and love for what they did!
Pros
summers and vacations off even if i was still working
Cons
no pay raise in the last 5 years
Oxford and Alegent/CHI has been very good to Work With
Epic HB Contract Management Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 3, 2013
I am a Consultant working with Alegent/CHI Healthcare in Omaha, NE.
*Working with several Contract specialist building and testing Hospital Contracts
*Manangement and Co-workers have been very good to work with.
*Most enjoyable is getting a Contract to work as expected.
Was a great experince for me would like to stay in that same kind of environment.
Crew (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 16, 2012
I enjoyed working with my co-workers. There was no same situation at this job everyday was something new to look forward to.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks and no overtime
In home care
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 20, 2014
Took care of people that needed help on a daily basis enjoyed spending time with them , I learned a lot from these individuals.
Same as previous. Company out iof business
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 11, 2013
Same as previous. Company out iof business. Bought out by another food service company
Great Work Enviorment
Lead Shipper (Current Employee) –  Somerset, PAJune 20, 2014
Hard but steady work. Hardest part is timing of truck arival.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
unset work hours.
Good staffing company
Service Desk/Desktop Support (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 18, 2013
Oxford has been the best contracting placement firm that I have worked for so far.