Oxnard School District Employee Reviews

good place to work
paraeducator (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJune 11, 2017
Administrative people are very accommodating. The school is overcrowded and very busy , but the teachers and staff are very professional. They always have time to answer your questions or help out.
Pros
Friendly and helpful staff.
Cons
Lots of kids.
Productive, hard work, great place to get experience
Campus Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAApril 26, 2017
Over all I love working for the school district. It's a great place to get experience and learn how to deal with kids to deal with authority and learn to respect. You have so much going on diffrent levels of work from the teachers to the front and back office staff to the Manger and vice principals. Shows you how work with all kinds of people.
Pros
Activities you can work extra hours. The friends you make from coworkers.
Cons
You cant really say how you feel, or your point of view in how to discipline the students, We dont have authority or any say.
A school district with a laser focus on educating children.
ASST. SUPERINTENDENT BUSINESS & FISCAL SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAFebruary 25, 2017
A school district with a laser focus on educating children. This organization encourages innovation and creativity and celebrates individual accomplishments
Pros
Excelent budget capacity to educate student
Cons
Sometimes fractured relationship with union
autism/ special aid kids
paraeducator/ Celdt assessor (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJanuary 12, 2017
Its a very productive place to work, interraction with different people and helping kid is one of the best thing about working at the Oxnard School District
Pros
good envionmet
Cons
not enough hours
Wonderful school district that cares for its students
Front Desk Clerk-Substitute (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CA 93030December 3, 2016
As a substitute clerk I have been assigned to every school in the district and have learned the various ways that schools are run. I've learned to adapt to the unique needs and quirks of each school and office manager from schools for the very young to junior high school teens. It's a unique challenge but I've learned that different children have different needs and their needs are addressed in a professional and caring manner.
Part time data input
Data input (Former Employee) –  OfficeAugust 26, 2015
Good place to make some extra money. No opportunity for advancement unless you speak Spanish. Data input for free lunch program. Nice people to work with. Too robotic for me
Work with the children was awesome
Instructional Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CADecember 27, 2014
I liked the work and my colleagues. Management changed a lot and they moved you around quite a lot, even when you where "assigned" to a school.
fun place to work, very productive
Campus supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAOctober 1, 2014
A typical day was when we hardly got any customers. I have learned customers are always right and they come first. My manager was an awesome manager it was a privelege to be working with her. The hardest part was not been able to give the customer what they want because we had no more in stock. The most enjoyable part was making a kid and parent happy in what thay bought.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
short breaks
Productive and fast paced
Child Nutrition Worker (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAApril 18, 2014
I enjoy the job. I enjoy seeing the children each day. The management could use some improvement...such as better management training.
something different to do everyday
ELEMENTY K-8 TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAApril 17, 2014
Was'nt much fun after I moved to middle school teaching.
Taught Math, P.E. Science, Language ARts and computer sciences
Pros
go home early with my children
Cons
noe enough time to use bathroom or eat lunch
Productive and Nurturing Workplace
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMarch 25, 2014
A typical day at the preschool involves preparing the instructional materials for the day. Aiding the teacher in implementing different learning techniques. Working with small groups of children practicing letters, numbers to assess areas where improvement is needed. Prepare and teach short daily activities such as music and movement. Sing songs, play games, read books. Help Lead Teacher monitor students and recognize potential classroom problems.
Maintaining the classroom clean and secure at all times. Supervising the children during outside play . Other duties as assigned by Lead Teacher.
Horrible District management
Instructor (Former Employee) –  High schoolMarch 25, 2014
This is a good old boys club where one person scratches someone else's back and qualifications mean very little. This school district is not pro student. Instead they are far more concerned with keeping worthless aministrative individuals starting from the superintendent and working down.

Very corrupt district - they need an overhaul starting with the top !
Pros
Involvement with a diversified student population
Cons
Spineless and worthless administrators as well a the union (no real purpose)
The Union is utterly worthless
Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAAugust 26, 2013
They are exceedingly cutthroat and with a useless union they can be rather brutal to employees.
Hard working students and staff
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAFebruary 13, 2013
Oxnard School District consists of extremely bright students, there are also challenges for students who face certain hardships such as language, physical, financial, and psychological barriers. It is always tremendously rewarding to be able to build relationships and help mentor these students, they have the ability to achieve great things and sometimes just need extra guidance.
Travel a lot
Campus Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAOctober 18, 2012
It was an okay position.. it is on call.. u you basically dont do much as a Campus Assistant you just walk around and supervise kids safety
I was passionated and dedicated with the things I did
School Translator (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CASeptember 25, 2012
Working with babies in dasabiliies and communicate with the parents the ways they deal with them to be productive in their lives it was a challenged. I worked with a group of specialist as physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech therapists following their recommendations to get the milestone for each baby. There were some families that couldnt understand the situation of having a child with special needs, what I learned was not to push them to fallow recomendations, I learned that each child take a time to reach their milestone without forcing them.
Pros
meeting different kinds of people every day.
Cons
too much driving.
It is a fun and motivated place to work at.
Bilingual Instructional Assistant (on-call) (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJuly 1, 2012
You learn as you go along, developing with the student and knowing new achievments to reach with diffrent technologies.

I will give anything to go back and work for them. My studies are to reach that goal "Child Development". I am on my 12th unit, going for more. There is a door open there where I would fit and take me to "
BIG".
Pros
you meet diffrent cultures with the person you work with and salary is competitive
Cons
they pay only once a month which backs me up on my bills
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMay 24, 2012
It's a great educational district with good employment advancement opportunities and very flexible work schedule.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
short lunch breaks