OZARK MOTOR LINES Employee Reviews in United States

not worth your time
Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 12, 2016
Worked there 8 years. Nothing good about them. Had to fight to get home only to get called to leave early. They expect you to sleep all night work one hour go back to sleep then drive all night. Couldn't even get me to my father in laws funeral. Tell you they have no other loads only to find out another driver has the load they claim not to have. Tell you one thing do another. Dispatch talks to you like you are an idiot and ask why you are stopping where you are. Will leave you sit for hours. 24 hour lay over pay if you sit 23 hours you don't get the pay. They love to tell you maybe we need to part company. Usually hang up on you while you are talking. They bottom line do not care about drivers. Never will
Pros
leaving company
Cons
getting hired
Ozark is not a good company to work for
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 18, 2015
Ozark hired me under the impression that I would work steady and be home everyday. Once hired they tried to force me to go OTR by threating me with my job. Upon me resigning from there they tried to say I quit under dispatch when I did finish my part of that load. When I was first hired they modified my logs and when it was caught they had me sign a violation to save the safety dept. there from getting in trouble under a promise that it wouldn't do anything to me then when I quit they put it on my file.
Pros
They will try to work around your personal life
Cons
Everything else
Great Company to work for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 7, 2015
I worked for Ozark Motor Lines for about 8 years the only reason for leaving is I wanted to become an independent contractor. Ozark Motor Lines was a great positive experience with a great professional staff that always made you feel like family that your worth was more than just a truck number.
Pros
Great management team and dispatchers
Cons
Need more terminals to employe more drivers
Fair treatment of drivers.
Over the Road Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 19, 2015
My time there was good. I moved up from PTL to Ozark. Trucks were basic, but well taken care of as were the trailers. Driver's lounge was in great shape with clean showers, nice TV rooms and laundry facilities.

I would like to return to driving for them, but they don't hire from my area of residence.
Pros
Good miles and pay.
Cons
Basic trucks at the time. But made do. Only left because I missed my family.
Enjoy every minute
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 19, 2015
Good competitive pay get along with dispatch good working environment. Memphis terminal is the best to get truck fixed or to take a break.
Worst place to work
driver (Former Employee) –  memphis tnFebruary 17, 2015
Treat drivers like dirt.If your sick they do not want you to get medical

attention.Dispatcher in lenoir NC is concerned with nothing else but

getting the loads out the door,If you have to take a day off she calls

and cries to Memphis then they want to fire you.She is very hateful if

she is not getting her way.If you go here to work and do not stay the

full 90 days they will charge the cost of orientation back to

you.These cost include the following,Room,Bus ticket,cab,and Dot

physical.They also ad $10.00 on to the bus ticket claiming since

they pay a corporate rate it is more.This is a lie according to

Greyhound.Recruiter promise one pay but then when you tell you

other job you quit then they make up an excuse about policy change.

This place will tell you that it is one big happy family,any problems

call and they will take care of it.What a joke. Also check out their

CSA score but use the Government website. Everything I

read on their home page to me is a flat out lie. They will also make

you sign some questionable documents. If you notice every post

on here that is positive is posted within a few days of each

other..Looks pretty suspicious if you ask me.I wish I would have

listen when the 30 drivers I asked about this place told me to stay

away. There is no grass on the other side of this fence.

Do your research .Check out all the reviews. You can find anything

out about this company online. Check out to see if they have any

lawsuits in the past,or currently. A company that has enough lawsuit

will go under and when they do it can ruin a drivers career.
Pros
non
Cons
everything
Good start.
City delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 26, 2015
This was a good first job for coming off the OTR position I was in. I learned so much about several different customers needs and wants.
Recruiting Director (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 14, 2015
It is a very laid back yet productive and profitable place to work. A very family feel in a corporate environment.
Great place to work.
Recruiter/Safety (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 11, 2015
A family owned company that I enjoyed being part of the team.
Enjoyed seeing this great country of our .
CDL A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 17, 2014
The life of A Big Truck Driver is a demanding job.
!0 hours on 10 hours off for 28 to 30 days at a time is a hard life for any body.
I enjoyed being on the road and seeing the country. Some of the Dangers Drivers encounter are strong winds with ice and snow on the roads. High mountain passes are no joke either.
The Company is a great place to work. They take care of you as best they can. I guess living in a Truck and using Tuck Stops as home is not my cup of tea.
Pros
seeing all 48 states
Cons
living tired very tired 3 weeks out of each month.
fast paced
Representative/ Special Accounts (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 1, 2014
a lot of phone, email, computer work. friendly co-workers, management easy to talk with
Pros
easy to work with management
Cons
no many advancement opportunities
Not a bad driving job
driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 7, 2014
Like any over the road job it takes you away from home. But you do see a lot of the country
Always be ready to leave either by your choice or theirs.
Over the Road Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 1, 2014
The company has a lot of contract freight which probably pays them very well but the driver is only compensated by the cents per mile which I have been told by dispatch is 2200 miles a week. Several of us have seen back to back weeks where we get under 2000 miles and that hurts. Home time is supposed to be 48 hours off after 8-10 days out but that somehow stretches to 10-12 days out and that 48 hour thing is not always the case. 2200 miles a week is not good for otr and there is a lot of night driving with little rest in between loads regardless of whether you are logging on duty or not. If safety is your thing then you won't be happy here because the company needs their high paying contract freight moved and doesn't care how little rest you have gotten. Think hard about what the drivers who are so happy are saying then ask yourself why does a company that is so wonderful need to continually hire drivers every week. There is some serious favoritism here and some of the drivers boast about how they call the office workers personal cell phones to get better loads. I would not tell anyone to work here.
Pros
good driver facilities at the memphis terminal. 24 hr dispatch & shop line
Cons
lots of short hauls & night driving that keeps you awake with loading/unloadin
Joke
Driver (Former Employee) –  Youngstown OHMarch 25, 2014
Went to orientation, I was the only driver, and every day, the story would change. The thing I remember most is "my truck situation."
From day one they had told me there were no trucks at the terminal I was at and that I would have to drive to another terminal to pick one up. This story changed every day until the third day when I was shown what truck I would drive. It was a "short haul" truck with no real sleeper and the engine was strung out all over the floor of the shop. I took this as a sign, rented a car and drove home. During this long drive home, their recruiter called me every 10min for hours, using profanity, calling me every name in the book via voice mail. It was then I was sure I made the right choice by leaving.
Pros
they bought lunch
Cons
unprofessional
Ozark Motor Lines
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 25, 2014
working there at the start of driving was great. Then changes in management where not for the better and made driving for them really hard they seem to not care about there drivers anymore, was treated as if we where nothing to them but machines. Management
at first was good to work for but after changes became impossible to
work for. To much favoritism going on with the drivers. And there loads. Co-work started not getting along with each other because of
it. Hardest part was trying to have piece at work with everyone. The most enjoyable part of that job was the customers.
Pros
got a lot of exp. at that job good bonuses
Cons
all of the fighting among drivers for load do to favortism
In general a good company to work for.
Customer Service Representative/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 17, 2014
busiest time started at 8 am and continued until 10 or 11. not much difficulty in the work. the most enjoyable part was working with the customers and the drivers.
Pros
small company
Cons
not enough work to keep busy
the worst company i ever drove for
Driver OTR (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 16, 2014
pick up freight mostly scrap cardboard or paper & del too paper mill for recycle i learned that they didn't care about saftey or the drivers concerns most of the co-workers felt the same way the hardest part of the job was telling the customer they needed too take some bails off the trailer the best part was the day i parked the truck in their yard
great place to work great money too.
truckdriver (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 1, 2014
nice place to work,family owned.
they have good medical benifits.
good vacation time each year.
treat the drivers like family.
twice a year they have bbq for the drivers.
Pros
make good money
Cons
gone away from home to long
nice work place with showers tv rooms.excercise equitment
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 27, 2013
Ozark takes very good care of there workers .While at there terminals they had million dollar driver rooms, with marble showers.2 tv rooms for drivers .exercise room with all the latest equitment for staying healthy.I wouldn't leave except my wife is handi cap and I need to be working closer to home .daily activity was driving many miles a day.You learn to work long hours,and how to drive safely.we had good management that we could call 24hrs a day for help.The hardest part was being away from home.The most injoyable part was getting to see America,on a daily bases.
Pros
several times a year they would have bbq at the yards for the drivers
Cons
the only bad part was being away from family for 2 weeks at a time for many years.
Great company
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNDecember 26, 2013
I see the other posts about Miles. Most drivers lack in miles for the reason they fail to communicate their availability to dispatch. those on regional are told its 1800 to 2000 miles a week not over the road miles.
When I was OTR I was home every other Friday and out on Monday.
I averaged 2800 miles a week.
I now am dedicated with Ozark and do 2750 miles a week and home nightly for a 10 hr. break and off Sat and Sun.
the owners are active in the company and help out the team. the stickers on our trucks that say "family Member" actually means you are part of a Family. its all how the driver participates and communicates
every trucking company has grass in the yard and a sewer system. so it depend on if you want to smell the bad or play in the grass.
Pros
miles, pay, equipment, people, owners
Cons
driving