OZARK MOTOR LINES

OZARK MOTOR LINES Employee Reviews

Enjoy every minute
Company Driver (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 19, 2015
Good competitive pay get along with dispatch good working environment. Memphis terminal is the best to get truck fixed or to take a break.
Worst place to work
driver (Former Employee), memphis tnFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: non
Cons: everything
Treat drivers like dirt.If your sick they do not want you to get medical

attention.Dispatcher in lenoir NC is concerned with nothing else but

getting the loads out the door,If you have to take a day off she calls

and cries to Memphis then they want to fire you.She is very hateful if

she is not getting her way.If you go here to work and do not stay the

full 90 days they will charge the cost of orientation back to

you.These cost include the following,Room,Bus ticket,cab,and Dot

physical.They also ad $10.00 on to the bus ticket claiming since

they pay a corporate rate it is more.This is a lie according to

Greyhound.Recruiter promise one pay but then when you tell you

other job you quit then they make up an excuse about policy change.

This place will tell you that it is one big happy family,any problems

call and they will take care of it.What a joke. Also check out their

CSA score but use the Government website. Everything I

read on their home page to me is a flat out lie. They will also make

you sign some questionable documents. If you notice every post

on here that is positive is posted within a few days of each

other..Looks pretty suspicious if you ask me.I wish I would have

listen when the 30 drivers I asked about this place told me to stay

away. There is no grass on the other side of this fence.

Do your research .Check out all the reviews. You can find anything

out about this company online. Check out to see if they have any

lawsuits in the past,or currently. A company that has enough lawsuit

will go under and when they do it can ruin a drivers career.
Good start.
City delivery driver (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJanuary 26, 2015
This was a good first job for coming off the OTR position I was in. I learned so much about several different customers needs and wants.
Recruiting Director (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 14, 2015
It is a very laid back yet productive and profitable place to work. A very family feel in a corporate environment.
Great place to work.
Recruiter/Safety (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 11, 2015
A family owned company that I enjoyed being part of the team.
Enjoyed seeing this great country of our .
CDL A Truck Driver (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 17, 2014
Pros: seeing all 48 states
Cons: living tired very tired 3 weeks out of each month.
The life of A Big Truck Driver is a demanding job.
!0 hours on 10 hours off for 28 to 30 days at a time is a hard life for any body.
I enjoyed being on the road and seeing the country. Some of the Dangers Drivers encounter are strong winds with ice and snow on the roads. High mountain passes are no joke either.
The Company is a great place to work. They take care of you as best they can. I guess living in a Truck and using Tuck Stops as home is not my cup of tea.
fast paced
Representative/ Special Accounts (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 1, 2014
Pros: easy to work with management
Cons: no many advancement opportunities
a lot of phone, email, computer work. friendly co-workers, management easy to talk with
Not a bad driving job
driver (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 7, 2014
Like any over the road job it takes you away from home. But you do see a lot of the country
Always be ready to leave either by your choice or theirs.
Over the Road Truck Driver (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 1, 2014
Pros: good driver facilities at the memphis terminal. 24 hr dispatch & shop line
Cons: lots of short hauls & night driving that keeps you awake with loading/unloadin
The company has a lot of contract freight which probably pays them very well but the driver is only compensated by the cents per mile which I have been told by dispatch is 2200 miles a week. Several of us have seen back to back weeks where we get under 2000 miles and that hurts. Home time is supposed to be 48 hours off after 8-10 days out but that somehow stretches to 10-12 days out and that 48 hour thing is not always the case. 2200 miles a week is not good for otr and there is a lot of night driving with little rest in between loads regardless of whether you are logging on duty or not. If safety is your thing then you won't be happy here because the company needs their high paying contract freight moved and doesn't care how little rest you have gotten. Think hard about what the drivers who are so happy are saying then ask yourself why does a company that is so wonderful need to continually hire drivers every week. There is some serious favoritism here and some of the drivers boast about how they call the office workers personal cell phones to get better loads. I would not tell anyone to work here.
Joke
Driver (Former Employee), Youngstown OHMarch 25, 2014
Pros: they bought lunch
Cons: unprofessional
Went to orientation, I was the only driver, and every day, the story would change. The thing I remember most is "my truck situation."
From day one they had told me there were no trucks at the terminal I was at and that I would have to drive to another terminal to pick one up. This story changed every day until the third day when I was shown what truck I would drive. It was a "short haul" truck with no real sleeper and the engine was strung out all over the floor of the shop. I took this as a sign, rented a car and drove home. During this long drive home, their recruiter called me every 10min for hours, using profanity, calling me every name in the book via voice mail. It was then I was sure I made the right choice by leaving.
Ozark Motor Lines
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 25, 2014
Pros: got a lot of exp. at that job good bonuses
Cons: all of the fighting among drivers for load do to favortism
working there at the start of driving was great. Then changes in management where not for the better and made driving for them really hard they seem to not care about there drivers anymore, was treated as if we where nothing to them but machines. Management
at first was good to work for but after changes became impossible to
work for. To much favoritism going on with the drivers. And there loads. Co-work started not getting along with each other because of
it. Hardest part was trying to have piece at work with everyone. The most enjoyable part of that job was the customers.
In general a good company to work for.
Customer Service Representative/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Evansville, INJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: small company
Cons: not enough work to keep busy
busiest time started at 8 am and continued until 10 or 11. not much difficulty in the work. the most enjoyable part was working with the customers and the drivers.
the worst company i ever drove for
Driver OTR (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 16, 2014
pick up freight mostly scrap cardboard or paper & del too paper mill for recycle i learned that they didn't care about saftey or the drivers concerns most of the co-workers felt the same way the hardest part of the job was telling the customer they needed too take some bails off the trailer the best part was the day i parked the truck in their yard
great place to work great money too.
truckdriver (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: make good money
Cons: gone away from home to long
nice place to work,family owned.
they have good medical benifits.
good vacation time each year.
treat the drivers like family.
twice a year they have bbq for the drivers.
nice work place with showers tv rooms.excercise equitment
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 27, 2013
Pros: several times a year they would have bbq at the yards for the drivers
Cons: the only bad part was being away from family for 2 weeks at a time for many years.
Ozark takes very good care of there workers .While at there terminals they had million dollar driver rooms, with marble showers.2 tv rooms for drivers .exercise room with all the latest equitment for staying healthy.I wouldn't leave except my wife is handi cap and I need to be working closer to home .daily activity was driving many miles a day.You learn to work long hours,and how to drive safely.we had good management that we could call 24hrs a day for help.The hardest part was being away from home.The most injoyable part was getting to see America,on a daily bases.
Great company
Professional Driver (Current Employee), Lebanon, TNDecember 26, 2013
Pros: miles, pay, equipment, people, owners
Cons: driving
I see the other posts about Miles. Most drivers lack in miles for the reason they fail to communicate their availability to dispatch. those on regional are told its 1800 to 2000 miles a week not over the road miles.
When I was OTR I was home every other Friday and out on Monday.
I averaged 2800 miles a week.
I now am dedicated with Ozark and do 2750 miles a week and home nightly for a 10 hr. break and off Sat and Sun.
the owners are active in the company and help out the team. the stickers on our trucks that say "family Member" actually means you are part of a Family. its all how the driver participates and communicates
every trucking company has grass in the yard and a sewer system. so it depend on if you want to smell the bad or play in the grass.
over the road
Company Driver (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 28, 2013
Pros: travel
Cons: home-time is not as promised
Hometime was not as promised. Started and finished @ .36 cpm. Supposed to be a regional driver out of Columbus, OH, with a promise of being home every weekend. I would get home on sun. night, and scheduled to leave again on Mon. night.
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 22, 2013
Pros: driver friendly
Cons: short hometime
A typical work day slow equipment not A lot of home time
e-logs
Lose a lot of miles in the winter.
Over The Road Truck Driver (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: great benefits package.
Cons: lose mileage in the winter.
Lose a lot of miles in the winter. barely make ends meet. they had great accommodations for their drivers. Showed drivers appreciation by hanging cook out. at every terminal.
CDL-A OTR Dry Van Driver (Current Employee), Memphis,TNJune 9, 2013
Friendly co-workers, driver manager is real good about getting you home. I have no complaints