Ozark Motor Lines Employee Reviews

Best place ever
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 20, 2017
I loved Ozark they are very friendly the only reason I am not with them was because I had 3 tickets other them that I had a great time at Ozark I don't have any bad report on them
good place to work
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 5, 2017
I enjoyed working at this company. It was very fair to me and treated me with the respect I deserved. Being an over the road truck driver is rough for a family but this company is worth it.
Pros
decent wage
Cons
being away from home
Enjoyed time there
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 24, 2017
Started in 2004 terminal in Evansville IN owners had open door policy would take of any problems good runs but after 2008 changed their delivery lanes and I wanted to run coast to coast.
Pros
Management and co-drivers
Cons
Shorter runs
Open door to management when needed
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 16, 2017
More drop and hook loads than live unload.
Many Federal Express loads.
A typical day at work is like any truck driving job.
I like this company and would stay except that they are going to start using electronic logs on all their trucks on August 1, 2017. I am not going to drive a truck with electronic logs.I got more money per mile about every year. I even got 2 weeks vacation after 5 years with the company. I would recommend this company to anyone who does not mind electronic logs.
Pros
They tell you the truth and pay you on time with few mistakes.
Cons
Health insurance for family a little high.
Made mistakes or would sill be driving for them
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 14, 2017
Family owned and operated. Rather not comment further. Enjoyed the cross country and had less downtime. What I learned there was to not experiments as much I did.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Large Trucking Company, similar environment
Logistics Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 13, 2017
If you have worked for a trucking company before, then you know that day to day work-life can be taxing. Transportation in general is a tough industry to be apart of. If you enjoy a family atmosphere within this industry, then this is the place for you.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Older processes prevail
trucking company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 11, 2017
low pay and too much time on the road. home time is not important with this company. decent trucks but maintainance is not great. just your average trucking company.
Love my job
Truckdriver (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 21, 2017
deliver auto parts driving a semi management is great there is no hard part to my job most enjoyable I drive @ night home every day just looking for part time work too pay bills off early
Good people to work for
Diesel Mechanic Technician (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 7, 2017
I have enjoyed my years of working here as a mechanic. I am saddened that they can not stay in my home town. Will miss working for them, but business is business and I understand.
Pros
Laid back, with good benifits
Cons
No extra pay for on call
Productive, Exercise and TV Room, Nice clean showers
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 18, 2017
Great company to work for. They had a brake room with microwaves, laundry room, exercise and big TV room with nice recliners, they even had a quiet room with a nice recliner. Clean
showers. Trucks were new. People very nice to get along with.
Pros
Breakfast provided when we had meetings
Cons
Location too far
Drver managers are good
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 28, 2016
Good company to work they try to work with you. most the time. Their trucks are newer and they keep them legal. We all have APU's and Invertors on trucks with A/C and Heater units.
Pros
Good people
Cons
healthcare benefits not good.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN, OVER THE ROAD DUTIESAugust 13, 2016
Great atmosphere, great employers, the management is easy to talk to, very good maintenance program, took care of me when I had to be taken to the hospital with alight stroke.
Pros
Good health care, Didn''t have to watch your back.
Family Owned/Operated with family oriented atmosphere with up to date equipment
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 13, 2016
Having worked with Ozark previously for 9 yrs, I returned 15 yrs later & still the company has up to date equipment, they preplan before you're empty with the option to accept or reject the load but it's all good cause there's no NYC. Majority of freight is D & H. The longest I've had to wait for live unload was 3 hrs. The miles are there if you want them.
Pros
Family oriented company with up to date equipment.
Cons
The benefits could be better, like paid holidays, paid sick leave, etc.
good company and easy going people
Driver/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 18, 2016
Great pay and good atmosphere and facilities, great people; overall I'm happy with ozark and the job experience is great
not worth your time
Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 12, 2016
Worked there 8 years. Nothing good about them. Had to fight to get home only to get called to leave early. They expect you to sleep all night work one hour go back to sleep then drive all night. Couldn't even get me to my father in laws funeral. Tell you they have no other loads only to find out another driver has the load they claim not to have. Tell you one thing do another. Dispatch talks to you like you are an idiot and ask why you are stopping where you are. Will leave you sit for hours. 24 hour lay over pay if you sit 23 hours you don't get the pay. They love to tell you maybe we need to part company. Usually hang up on you while you are talking. They bottom line do not care about drivers. Never will
Pros
leaving company
Cons
getting hired
Used to be a great company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 10, 2015
When I started Ozark was a wonderful company to work for, but since the started pushing for more fed-ex runs, they neglected to consider the wants/needs of the company drivers; Mainly pay.
It no longer mattered to them whether a driver was sitting 2 hours, or 34 hours as long as they make good profit from the runs.
Pros
maintenance of vehicles.
Cons
safety planning, organization, training, and dispatched loads.
Ozark is not a good company to work for
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 18, 2015
Ozark hired me under the impression that I would work steady and be home everyday. Once hired they tried to force me to go OTR by threating me with my job. Upon me resigning from there they tried to say I quit under dispatch when I did finish my part of that load. When I was first hired they modified my logs and when it was caught they had me sign a violation to save the safety dept. there from getting in trouble under a promise that it wouldn't do anything to me then when I quit they put it on my file.
Pros
They will try to work around your personal life
Cons
Everything else
Great Company to work for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 7, 2015
I worked for Ozark Motor Lines for about 8 years the only reason for leaving is I wanted to become an independent contractor. Ozark Motor Lines was a great positive experience with a great professional staff that always made you feel like family that your worth was more than just a truck number.
Pros
Great management team and dispatchers
Cons
Need more terminals to employe more drivers
Fair treatment of drivers.
Over the Road Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 19, 2015
My time there was good. I moved up from PTL to Ozark. Trucks were basic, but well taken care of as were the trailers. Driver's lounge was in great shape with clean showers, nice TV rooms and laundry facilities.

I would like to return to driving for them, but they don't hire from my area of residence.
Pros
Good miles and pay.
Cons
Basic trucks at the time. But made do. Only left because I missed my family.
Enjoy every minute
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 19, 2015
Good competitive pay get along with dispatch good working environment. Memphis terminal is the best to get truck fixed or to take a break.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ozark Motor Lines. Our community is ready to answer.