Ozarks Medical Center Employee Reviews

good group of girls to work with
CNP (Current Employee) –  West Plains, MOJuly 20, 2017
gives new meaning to non-profit, management is not for the providers or the patients, it seems to be all about money only, nurses are good and docs are great
Poor mangement
Client Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Mountain Grove, MOJune 20, 2017
The clinic was under new mangement and he was a real piece of work. He didn't treat any employee with respect. For that, everyone I had worked with has now left and found new employment elsewhere.
Amazing people difficult environment
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOMarch 6, 2017
Excellent medical care provided. Wonderful, caring, competent and above staff in most areas. Great freedom to provide up to date medical care and offer opinions to alternatives to physician plans.
Pros
Freedoms
Cons
management
Progressive hospital.
Surgical Technologist, O.R. Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOJanuary 25, 2017
Growing progressive hospital with a large service area. The hospital had a small town atmosphere while providing excellent and modern care of the patient.
I love working in home health and hospice, great team of nurses!
Medical Social Worker/Discharge Planner- PRN (Current Employee) –  West Plains, MOJanuary 10, 2017
I love my coworkers, it is a great team of ladies! Flexible schedule and great manager! It can be a busy day sometimes. Multiple discharges a day can keep you busy.
Pros
Good benefits and coworkers
Cons
Difficult discharges
Very difficult place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOJanuary 2, 2017
Management is uncaring toward employees. The financial aspects are stressed over patient care. Very difficult to get ahead, unless you are related to someone in management. They constantly ask you to do more with less.
good place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  West Plains, MODecember 8, 2016
Great Doctors, hard working nurses. The hospital mng tries to keep staff informed of company progress by forum meeting twice a year.
Pros
3 days a week
Intensive Care Unit with critical patients
Infection Control Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salem, ARApril 7, 2016
Having a patient with a GI bleed with a hemoglobin of 4.5 and the blood pressure is 79/42 and the patient's religious beliefs prevented blood products. Doing all you can do for this patient including praying and asking for mercy and of course honoring their wishes was stressful. Co-workers assisting with the family's needs and comfort measures given didn't seem to be enough when a 32 year old with 3 little children needed their Mommy to live. Giving the best care possible isn't always enough.
Pros
Great team work.
Cons
Difficult shifts
Very exhausting, hard work, sometimes long days.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOAugust 30, 2015
A typical day started off at 3 pm, and you never knew if everybody was going to show up or not. I learned how to handle myself in difficult situations and to be able to work when you are short staffed. The management was amazing and most of my co-workers were amazing. The part I enjoyed the most was being able to help somebody even if it was just stopping and talking to a patient.
Great management
Joan Hanff, Director (Current Employee) –  West Plains, MOJuly 21, 2015
This is just like any other business out there.There are people who are great at their job and others that are not. Big turnaround with all departments.
Pros
get to meet lots of people
Cons
stressful job at times

Want to know more about Ozarks Medical Center?

Ask a question
Good employer
Employee Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOJune 5, 2015
Worked for OMC for all together 7-8 years.
Started at OMC as a phlebotomist, moved on to Occupational nurse for the physician, from there was the employee Health Nurse. Worked in Emergency Department.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
not much advancment, poor communication
Very wonderful place to work.
United States Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOMarch 28, 2015
I worked here from 2000 to 2014 and they were all an awesome place to work. All the departments work good together and the hospital is excellent to work for. I only left due to the travel time each shift and my home town hospital had an opening so I took it.
Small regional hospital
LPN (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOMarch 17, 2015
Mostly dealt with the elderly population, Co-workers were nice to work with, schedule was a bit hectic and I never saw more than 2 days off at a time, despite working 12 hour shifts. Overall it was ok.
Great teamwork where the patient and family comes first!
Vice President (Current Employee) –  West Plains, MOFebruary 15, 2015
Ozarks Medical Center has been a wonderful place for me to have the opportunity to advance my career and to make a difference in the community I live in.
Boring
Internship Finance Department (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOJuly 24, 2014
Matched copies of checks with invoices. Stored in a paid filing cabinet. Add journal entries to the computer and bound. Copies of bank statements. I learned really nothing. I only had one co worker that would help me or work with me. Like they stuck me in a corner and let me go.
Pros
left alone I guess
Cons
borning all alone
A great experience
Patient Access/Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOJune 25, 2014
The customers is the hardest thing to forget. Some of the patients we would see on a regular basis and we became almost family. I learned so much from OMC. I was taught the magnitude of what goes on behind the scenes and such. As a patient there myself, I was one of those people that did not like this hospital. Until I worked there and had seen the compassion in my coworkers, I wouldn't have much to brag about. Excellent place to bring light on how much we, employees, cared about our patient's care.
Pros
Experience
Can be fun, but very intense
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  West Plains, MOApril 12, 2014
My typical shift is long and hurried. I usually work alone and if the ER is busy one person on night shift is not enough. I enjoy working with the female tech in the back, but not the male. He is hateful and grumpy all the time. I realize the lab management has it's hands tied with hiring new employees, especially since OMC has just hired a new CEO. I respect my immediate chain of command bosses in the lab, but this one phlebotmist on nights is just crazy. That's why I am looking for job in a different field.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Not enough help
very good work place
Enviromental Services (Former Employee) –  west plains MOFebruary 10, 2014
I learned alot about medical terminology and alot about myself and where I hope to be in my future. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people and the patience and I loved to do what I could to help them out to make their stay easier and help the nurses out when they needed a little help.
Pros
hours, loved what I did
Cons
I had to leave because of the chemicals I worked with and had a high risk pregnancy
OMC has high quality expectations from employees
Certified Surgical Technologist II (Current Employee) –  West Plains, MOJanuary 27, 2014
healthcare is a very demanding employment.
management expects 100%
co-workers were very helpful.
typical day is very satisfying helping patients.
most enjoyable is seeing a healthy baby being born.
hardest part is when a patient doesn't make it (fetal demise)
Pros
helping patients
Cons
when very busy no time for lunch, or breaks.
low pay,few hours nosey coworkers, over medicated clients
caregiver (Current Employee) –  west plains,moDecember 4, 2013
The pay stinks, so do the hours, they give them to the employees with more time. They only think about their business not that it costs you money to drive for an hour of work. The county nurse asks too many personal questions in front of clients. Then your clients know your business too. BUT she never lets out a peep about her personal life. HIPPA is shoved down your throat but what about our personal business? What protection do we have with nosey workers who stab you in the back?
Pros
some nice clients they are the ones who REALLY need the services we provide
Cons
very low pay, no job security, no raises