Ozone International seeks an electrical / controls engineer responsible for designing, testing, and commissioning industrial ozone systems in the food and beverage industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design skills: electrical / electronic circuit design.
- Experience in design, integration, and maintenance of industrial control equipment.
- Thorough understanding of electrical and mechanical system fundamentals.
- Experience with AC induction motors, VFD’s, control circuits, PLC controls, networks, sensors, meters and calibration methods.
- Able to identify and terminate field power and controls wiring.
- Ability to read and understand ladder diagrams and schematics.
- Ability to analyze, document, modify and maintain complex control systems.
- Knowledge of safe design practices, ISO 13849, UL, and CE.
- Knowledge of NEC electrical standards.
- Technical documentation including electrical schematics, wiring aids, manuals, etc.
- Assisting with the development of test procedures and validation requirements.
- Programming Skills: PLC ladder logic LAD/FBD/SCL. Strong understanding of combinational and sequential logic programming methods.
- Knowledgeable about process related closed loop control systems.
- Experience developing and linking human machine interfaces with PLC's.
- Experience developing, maintaining, and modifying PLC code with a keen sense for developing re-usable, flexible, and reliable architectures or design patterns. Experience with Siemens TIA portal tool chain and S7 1200 hardware is a plus.
- Knowledgeable about the OPC Interoperability standard for industrial automation.
- Experience or background in fluid dynamics is a plus.
- Must have a good aptitude and practical approach to troubleshooting electrical and mechanical systems.
- Logical analysis of technical and analytical problems.
- Proficient personal computer skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Self motivated and highly organized.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, programmers, staff engineers, and plant operators.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
As the global pioneer of ozone-based cleaning and sanitizing, Ozone International is dedicated to advancing the science of sanitation in the...