Manage and develop a customer base focused on the agricultural customer segments within a defined sales area. Achieve customer satisfaction by identifying team members when needed to assist in educating, training, supporting, promoting, and selling products offered through the dealership, including but not limited to; agricultural, turf, commercial worksite, AMS, parts, and services to new and existing customers.
1. Represents the company during the sale of products and services to a customer base in a defined sales area.
2. Manages and utilizes a customer relationship process that includes; interaction with the customer base, customer profiling and classification, call scheduling, and target marketing.
3. Responsible for all sales activities, from lead generation through close in a defined sales area.
4. Accurately completes paperwork in a timely manner and follows the set procedure for filing the paperwork with the appropriate team members.
5. Maintains and effectively communicates current product knowledge on features and benefits of all equipment and technology potentially saleable to the assigned customer base.
6. Supports customers following the sale, through promotion of supporting products and services which may help optimize the use of the equipment.
7. Create a partnership by working closely with the customer to determine which products and services will meet their current needs and future goals while timely communicating this information to management.
8. Ensures customer satisfaction and manages quality of product and service delivery.
9. Develops and implements a plan which will meet the goals of expanding the customer base within the assigned sales area.
10. Maintains current knowledge of used equipment values and ability to evaluate properly for trading purposes.
11. Maintains current knowledge of financing options to assist customers with securing the purchase of new and used goods.
12. Monitors competitive activity, products, and market conditions while timely communicating to management.
13. Participates in conducting effective product events, clinics, and demonstrations.
14. Maintains assigned company assets.
Skills & Qualifications:
1. 2 years of experience selling agricultural, lawn and garden, and/or commercial worksite products is preferred.
2. Good understanding of basic farming principles.
3. Familiar with John Deere and competitive products.
4. Knowledge of how to operate products including AMS systems.
5. Ability to effectively communicate, both verbal and written, one-on-one and within a group.
6. Ability to work well with other people.
7. Must be well organized and accurate.
8. Ability to use standard desktop load applications and internet functions.
9. Must have driving record well enough for insurance purposes.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business or related field preferred.