Manage and develop your knowledge base on the use of agricultural technologies to maximize a defined customer base’s equipment purchases. Achieve customer satisfaction by identifying team members, when needed, to assist in education, training, support, promotion, and sales of products offered through the dealership, including but not limited to; John Deere GreenStar™ products, StarFire™ GPS receivers, dealer owned RTK tower network, APEX Software, and other precision agriculture products to new and existing customers
1. Provide superior technical support and customer service to growers and dealer employees via all forms of communication.
2. Accurately diagnose precision hardware and software on products offered through the dealership.
3. Coordinates and conducts effective product events, clinics, demonstrations and training to growers, dealer employees, or other interested parties.
4. Accurately completes paperwork in a timely manner and follows the set procedure for filing the paperwork with the appropriate team members.
5. Collect information and assist customers in the adaptation of new or existing systems and components to be used in non-factory applications, but adhering to company safety policies.
6. Support the service department through selling inspections and maintenance programs.
7. Monitors competitive activity, products, market conditions, and crop production practices while timely communicating to management.
8. Ensure all points of sale have appropriate level of product knowledge, positioning, sales & service skills, etc. to be effective in their roles.
9. Professional development by remaining current with new technologies, sales practices, support techniques, including keeping up to date on environmental, regulatory, and stewardship requirements for various products.
10. Build and maintain strong relationships with customers, key industry/market influencers, John Deere partners and teammates.
11. Get results by taking initiative, overcoming obstacles & finding creative solutions.
12. Maintain assigned company assets.
Skills & Qualifications:
1. Experience, training, or knowledge with the following applications is preferred: John Deere application control, guidance systems, yield monitors, GPS, and RTK.
2. Experience, training, or knowledge in a specialized, technical, or professional discipline such as Agronomy, Plant Science, Marketing, Agri-business, Business Administration, or related field.
3. Experience or training in 12-volt DC electrical systems and diagnostics, and CAN-Bus operation and diagnostics.
4. Experience or training working with GPS and guidance systems required.
5. Experience or training with Precision Farming products required.
6. Experience or training with basic hydraulic operation, diagnostics, and electro-hydraulics systems.
7. Ability to sell, negotiate, influence, resolve conflict, and handle objections.
8. Strong computer skills on Microsoft platforms and related software.
9. Ability to use standard desktop load applications and internet functions.
10. Ability to accurately and efficiently solve problems in a fast paced environment.
11. Ability to meet and get to know people easily.
12. Ability to solve problems effectively with minimal supervision.
13. Ability to effectively support customers by gaining their respect through demonstrated job performance and support of their activities.
14. Aptitude for hardware/software technical systems.
15. Must be able to develop a presentation and present to large groups of customers and dealer employees.
16. Ability to effectively communicate, both verbal and written, one-on-one and within a group.
17. Ability to work well with other people.
18. Must be well organized and accurate.
19. Must have driving record well enough for insurance purposes.
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. 2 or 4 year Ag Systems Technology Degree preferred.
1. Must be able to lift and/or transfer a maximum of 150 lbs. with frequent lifting and/or carrying of various items weighing up to 75 lbs.
2. Must be able to twist, turn, reach, push, pull, lift and bend.
3. Must have good eye, hand and foot coordination for operating equipment.
4. Must have good eye sight (20/20 or corrected to such).
5. Must have good hearing - well enough for safety purposes.
6. Must be able to climb approved structures up to 150 ft using appropriate safety equipment.
Indeed - 14 months ago