P.C. Richard & Son

P.C. Richard & Son Employer Reviews

Horrible job
Cust rep. (Current Employee), Farmingdale, nyJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: short breaks, horrible bosses, hypercritical environment
This position is most likely with the customer service department. It was a horrible experience. The department was a horrible unprofessional atmosphere with unruly demanding and domenearing bosses. With hypercritical rules that did not apply to everyone. Different rules applied to different people and the training was horrible. After two weeks you – more... will for sure be looking for new employment. They usually hire and fire every month so I wouldn't take the chance. – less
i worked independently
Clerical (Former Employee), woodbridgeDecember 4, 2013
Pros: loved working the holidays
Cons: when it snowed no pay
i loved the computer system that the company had for the stores.
Tough Life
Commissioned Sales (Former Employee), Levittown, NYNovember 3, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: money was not great all year long, low base salary
Sales is a tough racket. Switching shifts was rough, but had great co-workers.
very productive
Bench TV Technician (Former Employee), Farmingdale, NYMay 31, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breks
computer skills and digital circuit repair.I Work like tv bench repair like :projection ,lcd,led,plasma tv.
Productive workplace
Outside Sales Support (Current Employee), Farmingdale, NYMay 14, 2013
Productive and engaging workplace. Supportive coworkers. Room for growth.
electronics sales
Sales Representative/ (Former Employee), Edison, NJMarch 22, 2013
Pros: open floor
Cons: relied on return customers
i was placed in a bad location and lost employment with the company during a transition to a better location
Its a job.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Riverhead, NYNovember 17, 2012
Pros: earning money selling things and making people happy.
Cons: lack of caring and consideration by certain upper and store management.
I currently work here because I need a job. The good, I get to stay sharp on consumer technologies and earn money selling things I like while sometimes earning money doing it.

Best case scenario is that I help someone get what they need which makes them happy,puts profit in my and the company's pocket and that makes me feel good.

What I've learned – more... evermore is that sometimes what's good for the company isn't good for me and likewise.

Management at my store and above are sometimes hard to work with. There is one assistant manager on staff who shows that he cares but he's overloaded.

My co-workers for the most part are pretty cool. We generally try to look out for each other.

The hardest part of the job is finding a balance between keeping the upper management, in store management, and customers happy while earning the most I can.Often making a decision to keep the customer happy makes management unhappy.

The most enjoyable parts of the job are making people happy and earning money doing it. – less
Great place to work if you enjoy helping others
Office Manager (Former Employee), Union, NJSeptember 20, 2012
Cons: no advancement
Busy most of the day with register transactions. Multiple customer complaints throughout day. Ability to problem solve and make customers happy with their orders.
Mobile Electronics Mashed With Handy Man
Mobile Electronics Installer (Current Employee), Raritan, NJAugust 27, 2012
Pros: good benefits, decent pay
Cons: no where to move to
Typical day consists of arriving 15 minutes early, login to our forum read thought any new post, by then you should be ready to start installs.
very productive
clerical (Former Employee), brooklyn nyJuly 16, 2012
Pros: very flexiable understand managers
Cons: long hours
Everyon is happy ordering breakfast manager give you a boost on who is gonna be the best one during the day.customers coming in and out of the store free lunch or breakfast. hardest part of work was counting lots of money keeping the office in order i haved learded good customer service skill and selling skills also.co workers some are pleasent and – more... some are not but i would not let that ruin my day. – less
Stock personsel
Stock Manager (Former Employee), Carteret, NJJune 28, 2012
I unloaded and loaded trucks, maintained the store, did carry-outs on bigger items, and light repairs on some applicanes
FUN
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Woodside, NYApril 8, 2012
Pros: random, high energy
Cons: not much of personal time off.
A typical day was always a random day. Everyday was different and exciting to look forward to. I learned flexability was important. With the schedule, with customers and co-workers. Management was great. Always communicated well. Most enjoyable part of the job was that everyday was different.
Fun and flexible place to work.
Senior Sales Rep (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 17, 2012
Pros: discounts
Cons: holiday hours
With a broad variety of products to sell throughout the showroom any salesman could find his niche or choose to be proficient in all areas. The company has afforded me an opportunity to meet some wonderful people and to work with a wealth of kind-hearted peers and managers.