P.C. Richard & Son Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Astoria, NYJanuary 31, 2017
This company was very satisfying and productive place to work .
they is a great deal of potential in advancing in this company if your good with sales, otherwise it can be disappointing.
The economy is a BIG part of this industry which we call sales , !! It is at times difficult to keep up the the slow pace of the economy and still meeting the quota your expected too.
Wouldn't recommend unless you have extremely thick skin and can deal with sales pressure and stolen sales on a regular basis.
Sales Counselor (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTDecember 12, 2016
Hours seem to get longer every week, and the traffic of customer stays the same, or diminishes. Management is mostly good, but some put too much pressure with too little rapport with the sales counselors. Compensation is average, but the associates who make the most have been with the company for over a decade, and have a strong group of repeat customers built up from their long careers. As a new associate, it is a struggle.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
long hours, limited time off, sporadically scheduled shifts (close, then open, then close again, then open again...)
not bad
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYDecember 6, 2016
went to work and did my job and left. at corporate you have to watch out for tom pohmer, not the CEO. he will ruin every ones day. scheduling sucks also.
Good electronic retail store
Cash Register | Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 4, 2016
Cash Register work and direct Customer Service. Working closely with the supervisor or site manager. Duties also include dealing with high volumes of customers including bill payments, knowledge of all store items sold, stock room and many other duties appointed by supervisor or site manager.
Good place to work at.good work enviroment.
Road service technician (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYDecember 2, 2016
Good management. Good Bosses.good employees. Good pay salary.and cleaness.company vehicle in good operatin conditions. 401K plan and medical insurance is great.
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
Not a place you want to stay in for long
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYNovember 11, 2016
I've been working for P.C. Richard & Son for a year and 9 months now. I worked hard and became a supervisor thinking it would be worth the money. It wasn't. The laborers have a good union with amazing health coverage I benefited from before going into management. It's a stable job that can get the bills paid but I wouldn't recommend making a career of it. Get in, get the experience, and leave.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Short breaks, poor health coverage, high demand little reward
Positive and supportive work environment
Payroll Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYNovember 2, 2016
I have enjoyed every minute of working here. Coworkers are extremely helpful in explaining new tasks and management is wonderful at keeping your personal life in mind.

I have learned all about the ADP system used to upkeep personal information and pay employees. I have also learned a few of the processes on the HR side of the department. On payroll processing week, my typical day includes verifying entries and allocations by payroll administrators, creating and rotating files for newly hired and terminated employees. I also maintain Excel worksheets for the payroll manager that include 401k loans and payroll data to be sent to the accounting department.

The hardest part of my job is finding things to do on weeks payroll is not processed. To help with downtime, I maintain paid out PTO days for one of our administrators, key in draws in our AS400 system, shred, and organize existing files.
Learning Experience
Sales Associate/Stock (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYSeptember 21, 2016
A basic day at work clocking in and out. loading and unloading the truck of new inventory. Learned how to use heavy machinery. Management micro manage very well. co workers helped me get through my day with thier team work. Job wasnt hard all you have to do is do what your told and everything will bee fine. I enjoyed the bond everyone had in the job.
challenging, fast pace, and upbeat
Social Media Marketing and Presentation Program (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYSeptember 19, 2016
Co-workers and supervisor allow you enough space and on call help to execute tasks, they provided excellence employee appreciation ceremonies.
Pros
Free Lunches
a great job that is always growing
Receptionist/Assis Manager of Service Department (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYSeptember 2, 2016
This job gave me a lot of experience
Managing many people and increasing how I was multitasking and improved many skills.
Car Alarm Installer- Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Babylon, NYAugust 22, 2016
Very nice place to work ! always looking for do the best everyday for there customer and take care everything we can for us customer.
Pros
Good communication
Cons
no strees at work
stressful workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJune 22, 2016
answering customer calls
setting up service calls
like my coworkers
dealing with nasty customers

That is all I have to say
Pros
get paid
Cons
benefits aren't great
Fun loving and caring organization
New York a ISO 27K Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 10, 2016
Managers & Sr. Management is very caring, they take care of their employees like family members. The hardest part of the job for sales personnel is long standing hours and the computers systems are very old. Whereas, the enjoyable part is the direct interaction with the customers.
Pros
Employees can select their shift as per their choice.
Cons
Long working hours
Good place to be
Assist in the execution of all daily operations (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 16, 2016
P.C. Richard is not a bad place to be even though it's not a hard work of what my boss is telling me what to do. I just clean the TV screen and even washer and dryer. I'm just not pro as a sales manager.
Pros
Cleaning the place up
Cons
Short Breaks
Relaxed environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 7, 2016
Customer service Management is a joke. No raises. No growth. Company is well known. They offer health benefits. Overworked and under paid.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Pay is low, No raises, no holiday pay, they adjust your time sheet if you have overtime so they don't pay, no vacation in the summer. Management is a joke. No growth. Revolving door. People come and go.
Awesome start up job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Elwood, NYApril 18, 2016
Through out my time working for the company i was able to learn what it takes to successfully sell products to customers. It was a great help in other things in my life and have no Cons except the level of management.
Just don't upset off the wrong person
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYApril 4, 2016
I loved the people I worked with but make sure you don't upset the wrong person or you're quickly put on the chopping block. As quick as they accept you, you could be cut loose because someone doesn't like you .
Very rude
techcian (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMarch 1, 2016
I was i store a few month ago and saw application fro repairman position.,I filled it out They gave me a call back a few days later . I went if for a interview.Between taking a test and waiting for the person i was supposed to see. I was brought to the customer service room to wait I was asked who i was waiting for.Nobody called to look for that person at all. I sat there between hr and hr and half might have been longer i needed a job.Nobody showed up i ask to reschedule they took my number said sure they will call back to reschedule they never did.
An average place to work
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ozone Park, NYFebruary 11, 2016
The opportunity for advancement is not very high. The job requires a lot of hours and it is even worse when it is the summer or holiday season. They offer flexible schedules most other times but you can forget having a life sometimes in this place.
sales
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  550 rt 70 brickNovember 10, 2015
fast passed, speaking with customers about new appliances tvs and computers. what I didn't like was fellow associates stealing sales.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at P.C. Richard & Son. Our community is ready to answer.