P.C. Richard & Son

P.C. Richard & Son Employee Reviews

Great workforce and great place to learn sales. Learned a lot for the 8 years i was there
Sales Counselor (Former Employee), College Point, NYJune 29, 2015
Pros: Energetic and fun place to work
Cons: Kept getting commission cut
PC Richard and Son was a great place to work and a great place to learn about advancements in technology and home appliances. Their management team are hard working and kept up store morale pretty well. – more...

Salary was great when i first started but steadily got worst as the years went on. Commission was cut but hours were not.

A typical day at work would start with arranging and cleaning your assigned section and help any customers that might need any help.

I learned a lot about people skills as well as sales. Any new products and new technology coming out was taught to us by corporate head quarters and they made sure you knew what you were selling.

Management was great. They were and still are extremely hardworking and keep up store morale with their energy and enthusiasm. They would help with anything you needed and would make sure a sale was made.

The hardest part of the job was staying competitive with my other co-workers. Since it is a commission based sales job, it could get pretty wild. I always stayed level headed and always told myself there will be other sales if it was one i lost to another sales person.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working and meeting different people. Taught me a lot about different cultures and I made a lot of new friends. – less
COMMISIONED SALES
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Carteret, NJJune 16, 2015
Pros: HEALH BENIFITS
Cons: NO BREAKS, NO FAMILY TIME, LIMITED VACATION, 60 HOUR WEEKS BAD MANAGMENT
WOK 60 HOURS A WEEK...EMPLOYEES ARE EXPENDABLE,NEW RULES EVERY WEEK,UP AND DOWN BUISNESS,LOW WAGES,NO TIME OFF FOR BEREAVMENTS,BIRTHS MANAGERS ARE VERY DISRESPECTFUL
Good discount and comission
Office Clerk (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 15, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: Nasty Customers
You clock in and greet other co workers. Most of them are weird characters. Answer phone calls, do paper work, and schedule deliveries.
Good company
Sale counselor (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJune 11, 2015
Pros: Lot of trainings, great opportunity to build a strong background in sales and retail
Cons: locks of opportunity to grow or escalate in positions, managers they not take the time, to help employee or congratulate them for good job when they deserve it
Good company for individual who is looking for a job place that really improve you knowledge in the retail and customer services business
Workplace in PC Richard & Son
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Forest Hills, NYMay 30, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of scheduling service appointments for customers. Constantly receiving cash from purchases being made. The managers and co-workers treated everyone like family. I learned about being responsible, dedicated, as well as punctual. Enjoyable part of the job was conversing with the managers about their struggles in their work life.
I liked it but...
Sales Counselor (Former Employee), North Haven, CTMarch 20, 2015
Pros: you get to work days
Cons: you have to work nights
Working here is fun if you make it fun.

If you're a sourpuss, anti-social, or value time with your small child or kids, then look elsewhere.

If you're a woman, don't anticipate any advancement opportunities. – more...

If you're gay, stay away.

If you have a smidgen of morals, then this is not the place for you.

I will say that you will work long days, nights, weekends, and holidays.

I will say that you have to be aggressive and hungry to be the top seller everyday...not just every other day, or week, or month..no..everyday. Otherwise, you will end up in the hole owing, yes owing, $20,000 for your base salary, as an example.

I will say you are required to maintain the beauty of the showroom...between sales there is no idle time. There is cleaning, inventory, follow-up calls to make, team meetings, etc. – less
Retail is great
Exceptional customer service (Current Employee), New York,NYFebruary 6, 2015
A typical work day included working with customers and helping them select appliances and electronics . The most enjoyable part of my job was to have customers thank me for listening to there needs and accomplishing there goals.
Horrible work place
distribution rep (Former Employee), farmingdale nyJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: short breaks, 30 minute lunches, rules didn't apply to everyone
Wasn't a great job and most definitely wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. The pay is terrible for the amount of work you have to do. The rules certainly didn't apply to everyone. Every week there's a new rule. Poor poor management. They would hire people and these employees would leave before the day is over That is how bad of a work place it is.
Tough commission based environment.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Nanuet, NYDecember 9, 2014
Cons: long hours
If you are enthusiastic about sales than this is a good position for you. This location is not as busy as many of the other stores which limits your income potential. The management style is based on intimidation – more... and at times punishment. The hardest part of the job is getting customers to come in, otherwise it's the long hours. The best part is the people I work with. I have learned that you must look out for yourself because no one else will. – less
Helpful Experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Astoria, NYOctober 22, 2014
As a PC Richard associate I worked in the ACE department selling various electronics such as radios, car stereos, cellphone accessories, video games and tablets. The job, although slow during the day provided me with much experience in negotiating sales that I have been able to use in other fields.
productive and clean work space
stock (Former Employee), Bronx, NYSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: poor management
o Help customers with purchased items
o Clean and maintain floor area
o Clean, maintain, and organized stock room
o Help translate for Hispanic customers
o Set up TVs, computers, etc. For display
o Made simple repairs to electronics
not family friendly
Accessories Sale Representative (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: random giveaways
Cons: a lot
this is a single mans job. They ask you to work a lot of hours with no promise of job security. the salary is ok, but you are a salary employee and they completely take advantage of that by making you – more... work long hours. If you try and call out sick they take away your vacation days in its place and you still have to make up a day during the week.

not a good environment to develop in or advance. if you have a ton of free time and no options then you go with this company – less
Productive and fun work place with amazing coworkers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: great training programs.
PC Richard & Son was an amazing experience, good company with a strong culture. My coworkers were all great people most with a sales background. Management took me under their wing to teach me all the – more... ins and outs of the business. As well as show me how to run a happy and efficient store.

The hardest part of a day would be down time, when the the store was slow and no sales coming in. The advantage was you had the chance to follow up on old sales and straiten out the store. – less
Enjoyable work environment handling current and incoming products
SALES COUNSELOR/INSTALLER (Current Employee), Mount Laurel, NJJuly 23, 2014
Pros: working with new audio and video products
Cons: healthcare coverage could be more affordable
A typical day at work consists of preparing area of pride for customer interaction, assisting co workers with their areas if needed. Making sure all demos are operative for customer interaction. Consulting – more... customers on various products.
Managers are very receptive to productive suggestions.
Co workers are friendly, courteous and a joy to work with.
The most difficult part of the job is not being able to please everyone all the time.
The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving new product to test and display on the floor – less
great for a first job
customer service rep (Former Employee), newington ctJuly 22, 2014
Pros: fun
It was fun and easy going i needed to be more challenged. Management was out of control. co workers were great.
Productive and adventurous selling.
Sales/Manager (Former Employee), Woodside, NYJuly 22, 2014
Pros: good working enviroment, good place to meet new people and expand business.
Cons: long hours not enough life
My day at P.C. Richard & Son was exciting, spontaneous, I just never knew who I would meet, And who's life I would come to change with technology, appliances, or even just a simple personal sales consoler – more... that catered to customers. I managed 20 sales personals in a block long showroom. I worked about 10- 12 hours a day. I organized sections with merchandise, I put together displays, Improvised on the ratio of how many sales we're getting closed and how many were not and why. At the end of the day I was just simply trying to make a difference. – less
Clerical duties.
Clerical Duties (Current Employee), Farmingdale, NYJuly 16, 2014
I handle the phone calls. I input data into our computer system. Check in our drivers that are paying off their collected COD for the day.
simple job. very repetitive.
Stock Person/Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Newington, CTJune 18, 2014
Pros: you keep tips from customers for yourself
Cons: lots of downtime
lots of moving things around for lazy salesmen.
learned a lot about electronics.
management was good and efficient, being in a family owned business had its own advantages against a corporation. Physical labor with big refrigerators was the toughest part of the job.
I hated it
ACE Sales Couselor (Former Employee), Carteret, NJMarch 11, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: read above
Management sometimes when they weren't acting, greeted you and said hello and by your name and treated sometimes like an actual human being and same with coworkers.

I was let go at the end of the day – more... by two managers after making me work the whole day making me go thinking as if like nothing happened till the very end of the day for customer service when pulling me aside addressing the issues. I was working as an Ace associate for an minimum wage hourly plus commission. I was one of the people responsible with him for doing freight Tuesday and Friday, tagging incoming freight with prices, putting it out on the floor after looking it up in the system or putting the remainder in the stock room, etc., etc. and price changes around the floor. Clean the floor clean, neat and maintaining safety and most importantly customer service. The company stresses no overtime, yet they schedule me before my meal breaks for 39 hours a week and it ends up being 36 and a half to 37 hours a week after meal breaks.I am grateful for the accommodating of the bus. I wouldn't have gotten a hourly raise had I been there longer after a year and any extra money would be from the commission I made would just barely just to make up hourly wages lost and maybe transportation costs per month, which I made me lose incentive quickly to give it a chance or go further with this company. I made 4600 my first 3 and a half weeks from from July July 6th to 31st and 5000 in lesser time with 11 days left in the month from August 1st to the 20th when let go with 11 days left had they not let me go & even though I didn't have a lot of credit cards since you ask when prompted by management and the system for preapproval and they still let me go? This company still stresses and you will hear it if you don't meet expectations like I didn't like not at least once credit card a day, covering and exceeding your draw, etc. Even if I had been there a year. I will be lucky if my commission alone after taxes covers my monthly bus pass that it I use to get to and from work and but no hourly rate increase a year sealed it for me. The company tries to make you believe that you can make good money during training and on the floor, but only top selling associates do especially if they have their own clientele base and all the managers and HR try to make you believe into thinking the same during training. They pride in taking competitors down Crazy Eddie, Tops, etc. in training, but if they are not careful, they will soon join them, especially with other competitors being national, while they, PC Richard are only tri-state regional only. I felt there was no way in moving up while working there. On the sales floor and training room, your trained to be pushy commissioned salesman with a draw and speaking from experience from what I've seen like the full fledged commission ones to push items that you might not need. Like if you just came in for a television, they push items you might not want, like credit cards, extended warranties, generation cables, etc. This job is not for me and not for everybody! Be warned before taking the ACE or full commissioned job with this company before accepting any offer this company.

Advice to Senior Management – Learn manners, learn business ethics and reprimand in private instead of on the sales floor embarrassing the associate in front of fellow coworkers and customers where everyone can see it, also business ethics and learn to respect all of your associates and others under you just as you, yourself would want to be treated and you'll get respect back! Just because your in a higher position of an assistant, actual store manager or district manager doesn't mean you can bully those beneath you, take advantage of your higher position over someone else and you go think you can get away with it. – less
Stock Associate (Current Employee), Ozone Park, NYJanuary 28, 2014
The most enjoyable part is I get to help customers and interact with them on a daily basis.

1 2 3

About P.C. Richard & Son

Family-owned electronics chain for home-theater setups, computers, kitchen appliances & mattresses.

P.C. Richard & Son Salaries