P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc.

P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun fast paced
Hostess/Hostess Trainer and To-go specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 25, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: standinf all day
Fun Fast paced place to work. supportive and enjoyable environment. Loved meeting new people everyday. Had regulars who would come see me.
nice place
Server (Former Employee), fort lauderdale flaAugust 25, 2015
good hours fast passed steady on the move and the food is great and its right by the ocean so when im on break im stil enjoing myself
Customer oriented
Server & Certified Trainer (Former Employee), West New York, NJAugust 24, 2015
The staff and managements at P.F. Chang's of West New York were great people. Though it was a stressful and hectic work environment I learned a lot about customer service and care, especially after my course to become a certified trainer.
pf changs is an over all great place to developed excellent serving skills
Server/Bar Back (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAAugust 22, 2015
a typical day for me consists of preparing for the shift as quickly an effectively as possible in order to set everyone up for succes. I learn how to become a great server an how to multi task in a fast past environment. management is management just do as they say an you ll be find that simple. the hardest part about the job is yesterday so if you got through it yesterday you ll be fine in the present. the most enjoyable part about being a server is to provide good service an see how happy you can make the guest an to make connections with them as well.
Backwaiter, Server, Wok Cook, Asst. Manager (Current Employee), Maple Grove, MNAugust 19, 2015
Good management, fun co-workers, fast paced environment with the possibility to make a lot of money. The most enjoyable part of working at this restaurant is the way they train their employees they give you the opportunity to switch job codes and pick up shifts in different areas of the restaurant. For example you can be a wok cooked and cross trained as a server also which keeps your schedule interesting and at the same time allows you to find your passion within the hospitality industry.
Poor management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 17, 2015
PF Chang's was a nice and relaxing work environment, but could use a lot of room for improvement. The management was not the best and I just didn't feel or see the necessary progression the restaurant needed to be successful.
Manager (Current Employee), princeton NJAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Great food relly well manage, strong corporate support.Really compatible salary
Cons: Undergoing changes.
Great concept and culture, even though its a chain nothing frozen all fresh food. Strong corporate support, expectations laid out on the table. Everything is pretty uniformed, great training program.
Fast-paced and constantly changing
Sous Chef (Current Employee), virginiaAugust 15, 2015
Staff are friendly and make the shift fun. Like any big company, it is more worried about the bottom line, and pinching pennies than making sure the people running their restaurants are happy. Growth within the company is possible. Not really much of a work/home life balance.
Fun
Server (Former Employee), Temecula, CAAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Trying samples of food, great environment
Cons: Short breaks, bad tips at times, patio seating
It was always busy on the night shift. Lunch shift you had to be quick. Management at times could be frustrating because it was a brand new restaurant and lots of learning had to be done. Co-workers at times were not always team players and some were even rude and just stuck up. The hardest part of the job was remembering every single ingredient in every single dish and being stuck on the patio in the middle of the Summer and getting bad tips when the service was great, but it was a fun job with great food and a fabulous experience.
P.F. Chang's China Bistro Review
Waiter/Server (Former Employee), Spokane, WAAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: No free meal
This job taught me very little.
The hiring managers were nice people.
The trays were heavy and the plates were large and that made carrying food to the tables difficult at times.
One of the most popular restaurants in the city with constant business.
Doing a good job became tiring too easily.
They tried too hard to be cool.
They use and abuse employees
Host/Cashier (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIAugust 10, 2015
You put in your 110% every time you work and it still don't matter. They claim they care about you and your education, etc., but the truth is they don't! When they don't see a use for you anymore, they get rid of you. They let their employee go when they mess up littlest thing, when the cause it's because they expect one employee to cover multiple employees. And that employee who's working multiple days straight, he/she got burnt out and mess up. And as a result they fire them. Only reason this employee got paid a bit more than a minimum wage due to their ability to speak multiple language. Which helps the company a lot with their services.
Fun to place to work if you're single and no kids
Sous Chef (Former Employee), MAAugust 10, 2015
Pros: decent pay, good bonus structure
Cons: Lot of hours.
My son was born right around when I got promoted here and I ended up opening a few restaurants and it took away from him. Great for single/nonparents but if youre a parent stay away.
An inclusive culture that cared about people.
Operating Partner (Former Employee), Henderson, NVAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Bonus program
Cons: Salaries were low end
At the time it was a growing company with many opportunities to grow and advance. The leadership team had a strong business mind, but still put the guest first.
pay is decent, dealing with management/coworkers make it unbearable
Server (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXAugust 6, 2015
Pros: half off food, chance to walk out with $100 almost every shift
Cons: short breaks, a lot of doubles, management, no holidays off, hassle to request off
when you go into work you have to go through the back because going in through the front is "un-professional" depending on the manager your either going to be dealing with a bipolar control freak who thinks he is better then everyone else, or one that can get an attitude, or one that is incompetent. i always went in to do my job and make money, quickly would get annoyed by coworker complaints they clearly thought the were in a therapy session. if its slow they dont cut people which would be optimal so some servers get a day off and others can make money. GM doesnt care about workers health just about the floor being covered. if its busy you can make great money. i wouldnt recommend working here
Good place to Serve
Server (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAAugust 5, 2015
My location was never too busy. Really chill. it was hard to have managers touch tables. Great coworkers. Not your traditional dining experience
Loved spending time training and coaching new and fellow employees
Bartender/ Key Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 30, 2015
As a certified trainer, I had the opportunity to put my mark on the restaurant. Being able to teach and coach new employees was one of the most fun and educational things that I could do, not only for them but for myself. It gave me the opportunity to learn from others and at thew same time teach them my experiences and knowledge to help the restaurant grow and improve. As a Key Manager, I was able to gain valuable managerial experience as well as insight of how to run a restaurant. Being in charge of thousands of dollars worth of inventory and also cash drawers and safes, gave me responsibilities that not many other hourly employees had and it also taught me how to be responsible and fair when handling and resolving problems within the work place.
It was a dream
Server (Former Employee), Partridge Creek Clinton Township MIJuly 30, 2015
Like all dreams it ended. Abruptly. I made a lot of money and worked part time. I worked at Partridge Creek.
The hardest part of the job was working back to back doubles and opening again the next day. The managers are the best I have ever worked with. The staff was the best I have ever worked with.
It was the only job where I ever felt like I was treated well and compensated fairly. I learned that in a large corporation tides can turn quickly.
Great Cultured Place to Learn and Work
Server/Hostess (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Stays busy, clean place to work, food is freshly cooked to order
Cons: If the restaurant gets too busy, it's hard to get a break between shifts
I have worked for Chang's for over six years now. Work hours are flexible. Management is always willing to work with you on you schedule. They really honestly care for the employees that work hard and care about their jobs. It's a fast-paced restaurant job that stays busy so the money is great. Getting extra shifts is pretty easy to obtain. Coworkers are usually outgoing and friendly. Plus the discounts on food are amazing.
Poor Management
Hostess Coordinator (Former Employee), Marlton, NJJuly 28, 2015
Overworked staff with poor compensation and terrible benefits.
Necessary provisions were not made for the health and safety of the host staff such as mats for standing on for long periods of time that offer body support.
Very past paced.
Sous Chef (Former Employee), Lakewood, COJuly 27, 2015
Very fast paced working on woks. Everything except dessert made in house. Overall a good place to earn your chops. Well compensated.
Headquarters