P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc.

P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Cultured Place to Learn and Work
Server/Hostess (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Stays busy, clean place to work, food is freshly cooked to order
Cons: If the restaurant gets too busy, it's hard to get a break between shifts
I have worked for Chang's for over six years now. Work hours are flexible. Management is always willing to work with you on you schedule. They really honestly care for the employees that work hard and care about their jobs. It's a fast-paced restaurant job that stays busy so the money is great. Getting extra shifts is pretty easy to obtain. Coworkers are usually outgoing and friendly. Plus the discounts on food are amazing.
Poor Management
Hostess Coordinator (Former Employee), Marlton, NJJuly 28, 2015
Overworked staff with poor compensation and terrible benefits.
Necessary provisions were not made for the health and safety of the host staff such as mats for standing on for long periods of time that offer body support.
Very past paced.
Sous Chef (Former Employee), Lakewood, COJuly 27, 2015
Very fast paced working on woks. Everything except dessert made in house. Overall a good place to earn your chops. Well compensated.
chef
EXCUTIVE CHEF (Former Employee), lynnwood waJuly 25, 2015
Have lots of skills from many kitchens and many chefs. We have to prep cook manage, do orders and schedules. Managed employees and trained them to execute the food right.
Insider Review
Staff Member (Current Employee), MichiganJuly 23, 2015
I think the company has room for major improvements. At the location I currently work at. Starting with management. We have friendly, and hard-working staff members. As, a full working staff we lack many things; first and foremost being; effective communication amongst each other.
Fast pace and upbeat.
Back waiter (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJuly 21, 2015
A typical day at P.F. Changs is keeping your work place clean, running food for customers, and assisting them along with your co-workers with whatever they need.
PF CHANG'S
❸ Server Certified Trainer (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Free family meal
Cons: Not enough money
Money is just ok. Long hours to make ok money. I would personally not apply to PF Chang's anymore. However, the people I worked with were great.
Great place to get in, make your money, and get out
Server / Bartender (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Great rate of tips for friendly Bartenders & Servers
Cons: Unorganized
This restaurant is great for college students looking to make some good money, the regulars are usually nice. Depending on your job, you can never be bored working here, there is always something to do. It does get a little hectic during the weekends, some guest will get a little too irritating, but overall, if you are goal orientated, this shouldn't be a problem for you. I loved working with my coworkers. The management tries to keep things in order, but we're all human.
P.F. Chang's
Hostess (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 17, 2015
Pros: 50% discount on food
Cons: Standing all day
Working at P.F. Chang's a typical day includes greeting guest, calling to confirm reservations, cleaning up the restaurant for opening, restocking the bathroom and host stand. I have learned the importance of excellent customer service with each customer. Management at P.F. Chang's is very encouraging to the environment of the restaurant and all the co-workers work as family. The hardest part of my job is standing on my feet all day without sitting at all.The most enjoyable part of my day is meeting all of the guest that come in, everyone is different and brings a different energy to the store when they come in.
Loved!
Server (Former Employee), Robinson PaJuly 17, 2015
Pros: You will make money
Cons: Not enough hours
I loved my job as a server at this company. It was fun and I made a ton of money. Serving here is easy and enjoyable, no back work unless closing. Great management, they are however overworked and because of this moody, but they are wonderful people!
productive and fun enviroment
Host (Current Employee), Dayton, OHJuly 15, 2015
Pros: nice discount, afforable dress code, good people
Cons: not as many hours as i would typically want
co workers are great, best management I've experienced. most enjoyable part of my job are the people, hardest part of my job is not being able to control certain situations.
Server/Waiter (Current Employee), Lynnwood, WAJuly 14, 2015
Great bunch of people to work with
flexible hours
fun environment and fast paced
One of my favorite parts of the job was watching the chefs make all of the wok dishes.
I wouldn't say that the company it's self is bad!!
dish/prep (Former Employee), Collegeville, PAJuly 13, 2015
Pros: for me non!
Cons: pay sucks hours suck
but the restaurant location that I work at needs a serious overhaul from the wait staff to the kitchen staff.too many friends & favoritism going on.
Work
Prep/Pantry Cook (Former Employee), Bellevue, WaJuly 12, 2015
Working at P.F.Changs was cool. I learned how to make dim-sum from scratch and met some very nice people. The moment the restaurant opened for service, you stayed busy.
Fun,trying work environment
Back Waiter (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 9, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: no breaks
A typical day at P.F. Chang's would be getting everything ready behind the scenes. Such as making rice, stocking dishes and trying to make the guest time pleasurable. Hardest part of the job is when we would get busy and some people would slack and you would have to carry the slack.
Fast pace environment with good earning potential
Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Kennewick WAJuly 8, 2015
"Cleanliness is next to Godliness " days begin making sure bar and dinning area are guest ready, prep is done for beverage garnishes, and bar is stocked for daily use. After guest arrive my duties are to provide excellent service at an acceptable pace of experience. I have the pleasure of working with a great management team and staff that believe "Team work makes the Dream work".
Very well diverse and outgoing work flow.
back waiter (Former Employee), Boise IdJuly 7, 2015
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: not very good pay to stable a living
I would clock in and say hi to everybody (co-workers) and right away start busting tables and doing my job, while I do my job I conversate with other employees about our every day lives and give each other laughs and a good time while we work hard and take care of each other and out guests.
fast past, good employees
Dishwashing Machine Operator (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 24, 2015
Pros: free food good pay
Cons: resturant
i learned a little meat prep and dimsum. the hardest part though was though is the changs that i worked at was understaffed so we had to work extra hard doing multiple jobs.
Corporate restaurant, as you would expect...
Manager, Bar/Server Trainer, National Trainer (Former Employee), PA, NJ, VA, NCJune 17, 2015
Pros: Chinese food, great training programs for hourlies and management, average salary, slightly above average benefits
Cons: Chinese food, typical hospitality hours, company has had a lot of high tier management turnover within the past 5-7 years
Had a wonderful experience working for Chang's. Although it is very much a typical corporate restaurant, it's the one that gave me an opportunity that I will forever be thankful for. I was promoted from within after being hired and made a local trainer upon store opening. Did some national training/store openings. Managed/worked in several locations over my stint in PFC. If you've been in the corporate restaurant scene before, there isn't much different or new to tell you. Long hours, decent pay, average benefits (although they do have an employee portal now that makes you aware of some non-traditional benefits). I left this company when I felt I had run my course, and that there was a log jam in front of me for getting my own store.
Great employees, short in management staff
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Torrance, CAJune 14, 2015
Pros: Free food, able to communicate with guest
Cons: No real break, too many bosses
Trained staff and communicated with guest in restaurant
How to managed and operate the entire restaurrant
short-staffed in management
co-workers were great we worked hard with what we had
seeing guest be very satisfied
Headquarters