P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc.

P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc. Employer Reviews

Expierence
Server (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 29, 2014
This was a good learning for me. I was able to see both sides of the restaurant business.
co-woker are team players
Food Preparation Cook/disherwasher (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2014
Pros: free diner.
Cons: break time is not right
A Place to meet nice people and great co-wokers and a fun job.....
Great for restaraunt work
Backwaiter (Former Employee), McAllen, TXJuly 19, 2014
P.F. Changs is one of the best places I have worked at. Paid food training, meals made for employess every shift, and competitive pay with other restaurants makes it an excellent choice.

However, management is going to vary from store to store. In the 2 years that I worked in the restaurant, we cycled through 4 managers. They varied from hard working – more... and firm to lackluster and lazy.

If you have a manager that is strong and keeps the system running, it will be a great job, otherwise you can be expected to do much more work than you need to in much too small an amount of time to do it in. – less
Typical resturant job
Restaurant Host, Back waiter, and Server (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 16, 2014
Pros: discounted food
Cons: no breaks, little compensation, awful management
Fun job, awful management, 100% corporate. You serve friend rice and orange chicken to middle class.
Hill Country Steel Review
Busser (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 16, 2014
Pros: travling. learning new thing about buildng and tools.
Cons: long drives
A fantastic Steel Company. More than happy with the job. Perfect balancing with family and job time. Good working men to be around and great hours. The mangers and foremen was great people. Got along real well. Loved traveling to new places. Hardest part was the long drives.
Great Place, Horrible Manager
Back Waiter (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJuly 15, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: manager
I enjoyed working for PF Changs except the fact that our GM managed to make it more of a high school than a work environment. No one did any work except gossip and collect their money, and if you weren't "bff's" with the manager you had no chance of advancement and were subject to be yelled at and possibly fired over honest to god nothing.
Great energy, fun place to be
Hostess (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: great team to work with, meet amazing people
Cons: no breaks if you work less that 6 hours, management
A typical day working at P.F. Chang's as a Hostess consisted of coming in to work for either the lunch or dinner shift and setting up the dining room floor by pushing in booths, lining up tables, and entering in the floor maps for your shift. I coordinate every shift, meaning I am the hostess who decides how the floor will run, who will get the next – more... table, and where large parties will go. I also give the accurate wait time to guests and ensure that they are seated on time. As a coordinator i am in charge of making sure that the dining room runs smoothly, the cleanliness of the restrooms in maintained, and that the floor is always clear of debris. My management is not always the easiest group of people to deal with considering they are not always on the same page as far as how things should be handled. They are great at making sure that our employees are taken care of when they need help resolving a problem quickly. The hardest part of my job would be working on busy weekends when we have large amounts of reservations and an excess amount of large parties to fit in as well. I love the environment of my job and the people who I get to meet everyday just talking to them for a few moments as I get them seated to enjoy their meal. – less
Great place to work with outstanding people
Server/Trainer (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 7, 2014
Pros: quality of life
Cons: living off tips
This is a great place to work that offers a lot of room for a great quality of life. I haven't enjoyed myself working for a company like this in a while.
Fun atmosphere, great poeple
Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Peoria, AZJuly 2, 2014
Pros: 1/2 off food, fun atmosphere
I enjoyed working at PF Changs. It was a great atmosphere to work in i would recommend it to others. The travel is the reason if any for me leaving. Great place to serve.
Fun work place with great employees
Server/Trainer (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJune 24, 2014
Very poor management but fun co workers. Good location and loyal customers
Great people to work with
Bartender (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJune 24, 2014
Pros: letting me have the days off i wanted
Cons: no breaks, careless management
My life at Pf Changs was stressful, although they were great with my schedule, I would work 8-12 hour shifts without a break, we were not allowed to eat on shift either. I enjoyed my co workers very much! I loved being around people and making there bad days better.
it was ok
Waiter (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJune 16, 2014
really bad management didnt learn much co-workers were good always trying to help out one another
Simple restaurant environment
Host (Current Employee), Hillsboro, ORJune 12, 2014
Pros: fantastic co-workers
Cons: not challenging, lazy management
The job is simple and brainless - seating customers (the same as any hosting position). I did learn how to use an updated computer system in order to seat, but I feel that seating without it is still simpler and requires more thought. Management is easily overwhelmed and focuses too much on personal relationships instead of providing a professional – more... environment. They also let favoritism motivate their decisions, and many of them don't help manage problem situations in the restaurant. The hardest part of the job is probably dealing with large pushes of customers coming in all at once. The most enjoyable part is the environment, though. The other employees are great people and it makes the job bearable. – less
good place to work
Sous Chef (Former Employee), Naples, FLJune 11, 2014
good place to work
good atmosphere
a lot of opportunities to learn
Energizing atmosphere
Manager (Former Employee), Aurora, COJune 9, 2014
Fun place to be! A change of pace from other concepts. Great food, including a gluten free menu you don't have to ask for! Fun signature drinks and good service
Awesome, friendly-staffed restaurant
To-go Server (Former Employee), Huntsville, TXJune 9, 2014
Pros: very busy, great pay, great co-workers and management
Cons: had to leave for college
All of the staff and management were friends. We all got along great and worked well together and the General Manager really cared about his customers, his business, and his employees. A typical shift was everyone pulling together to accomplish one goal: satisfy the guest coming through the door. This restaurant did very well. It was always busy. Which – more... meant I was always busy. This was one job I did not want to leave but I had to for college. – less
Intertwines menu with culture into daily routine
Bartender, Host, Expo, Server (Former Employee), Cool Springs, TNJune 5, 2014
Pros: learning environment, proactive in improving each day.
Cons: hard to move up to management from hourly position, pay is lower that expected for company
Great place to watch things from start to finish. From learning why every job is important to why every ingredient is important.
Not recommendable
Lead Server (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAMay 25, 2014
There is too much of a corporate atmosphere. The structure of how things get done needs to be improved.
Fast paced enviornment
Server (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMay 20, 2014
Pros: learn to work in a fast enviornment
Cons: employees
As a server at P.F Chang's, customer service was the number one priority for success. Being a waiter taught me many life skills ranging from how to properly communicate with unsatisfied customers, how to work in a fast paced environment, and how to work as a team so that the entire workforce can prosper.
Good chinese food
Server/Line Cook (Former Employee), Naples, FLMay 6, 2014
Pros: free employee family style lunch if you worked a double
Cons: too many to list
Horribly managed, Managers expected you to be at the table way too often, to the point guests would ask you to leave them alone. Bad tips. Management played favoritism.

1 2 3 4 5

About P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc.

Founded in 1993, P.F. Chang’s menu remains true to its original vision of creating delicious cuisine inspired by the Asian – Read more

P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc. Photos