P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc.

P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc. United States Employee Reviews

Great Food but not very a good place to work
Host (Former Employee), Keystone At the CrossingApril 6, 2015
Pros: Discounts on food, good money
Cons: Poor Managment
The job was great until the new management came in. I use to really enjoy working there. I left on my own terms. So did our Sou Chef, 3 Managers, and few other employees due to awful change in our General Manager. Our surveys went down 25%. Dishes are not cleaned properly.

Most enjoyable part was working with other employees and talking with the guests.

The job itself was not hard.
Syracuse location- not good
Server (Former Employee), Syracuse NYApril 6, 2015
This specific restaurant is extremely poorly managed by people who lack leadership skills and integrity to/for their employees. Perhaps the pressures on management from corporate cause them to act the way they do.

I think anyone looking for a job (with intent to grow professionally and personally) would do better at any of the other restaurants inside of the mall.
Challenging and Exciting Work Environment
Waiter (Former Employee), Destin, FLApril 4, 2015
I have had the experience of more than one P.F. Chang's Restaurant. One welcomed me in open arms (San Destin), while the other had to warm up to a newcomer(Tampa). Both had an exciting work environment - serious about productivity, but with enough lightheartedness to carry you through the day. The San Destin management team is by far the best experience I've ever had in relation to authority. Fortunately, the hardest part of the job was also the most enjoyable. A busy day meant a well-earned paycheck and happy employees.
Fun work, good as a temporary job.
Waiter (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 4, 2015
Pros: Decent money, awesome employees
Cons: Rude guests, sometimes bad management
.Good
.Everything about restaurant life.
.Management was good but not awesome.
.The best people ever.
.Doing everything at once.
.Making money. (Tips)
Great atmosphere to work in! A lot of "regulars" come in, PF Changs is well known for its food and its employees love their work.
Bus Boy/Server (Former Employee), Alpheretta, GAApril 2, 2015
Pros: 50% off lunch, recieving cash tips, being able to receive your money at the end of the night.
Cons: very small window for mistakes/mess-ups, dealing with rude unsatisfied guest.
A typical day at work consist of two shifts, a lunch shift and a dinner shift. Pf Chang's was a fast paced environment and if you worked there, you know a rush could come at any time. Line cooks work together in two different windows, one window making fresh appetizers and the other using the three hundred degree "Wok" to prepare dinner. Backwaiters and Servers work together to take care of customer satisfaction, run food, bus tables, get dishes out of the dish pit and much more before the night is over.
The hardest part of the job was when a rush came in on a Friday night and somehow we were short staffed, but management was never afraid to get hands on when it came to running food, taking care of customers, preparing drinks, or even cooking the food!
Team work is a very important part of the job at PF Chang's and people looked at each other more as a family. A lot of co workers were friends outside of work so it made it easier for them to communicate therefore making the work environment easier to work in.
In my experience at PF Chang's i learned not only teamwork, but how to work hard no matter how overwhelmed you get and always keep a smile on your face at work no matter what, and the Customer is always right.
A great place to work and connect with guests!
Hostess (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 27, 2015
Pros: 50% food while in uniform either before or after your shift and 25% off food outside of shift.
Cons: You aren't eligible for healthcare for year.
P.F. Chang's is a great place to work. My co-workers are easy to get along with and are always willing to give a hand when you need help. The managers there are all really helpful and they work with my schedule when I need specific time off of work. I would recommend working here to anyone looking for an energetic and fast pace place to work.
Fun Productive and Educational
Sous Chef (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAMarch 20, 2015
12 hr day, managed the cooks making sure everything is being done right, management was good everyone got along, hardest part about the job is the hours worked, the most enjoyable is what i was doing.
Productive analysis on budgets while serving Asian Cuisine
Operations Manager (Current Employee), West New YorkMarch 18, 2015
PF Changs has taught me a lot of the financial aspect of running a business. There is a lot of focus on hitting budgets and driving sales. On a typical day we are dealing with creating a great atmosphere for guests who dine in with us.
Fluidés con el invitado.
Mesero (Former Employee), Caguas, PRMarch 18, 2015
Pros: Descuento de empleado.
Un trabajo muy ocupado en el cual se tenia contacto con el público en todo momento. Era importante tener fluidées en la forma de expresarse para llenar todas las espectativas del invitado y mantenerlo entretenido.
Great work place
Take-Out Server (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 13, 2015
Everyone is happy to work here it is a fun and fast paced environment. You learn a lot about the company and what they expect of there employee's.
Great Company to work for: bad management
Server (Former Employee), Cool Springs, TNMarch 10, 2015
Management at this location do not care about their employess', they take advantage of them. Great company to work for!
Sports bar
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 10, 2015
Good, fun place to work. days off were slim health insurance was poor. Long late night hours. No room for advancement. Starter job.
Great college job
Server/Take-Out Trainer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 7, 2015
I worked as a server and I was trained very well. The company uses a schedule system online so trading and picking up shifts is easy. Overall it is a good job for college.
Best Restaurant to Work For
Server/Trainer (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMarch 3, 2015
Pros: family meal, 401k match 100% after 3 years of employment, employee food discount
Great place to work with incentives for hard work and salesmanship. Great core values, especially A Better World. This core value is making the work environment friendly and inviting for everyone.
pf changs beachwood
Backwaiter, Prep Cook (Current Employee), Beachwood, OHFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great people and food!
Cons: slow business season
P.F. Chang's is a great place to work if you are used to the restaurant lifestyle. they work to schedule around other jobs and responsibilities and really try to help make it easy to work. The staff is friendly and our guests are usually well mannered.
Good Start
Server (Current Employee), OhioFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: family meals for employees
Cons: clientele attendance shifts easily
You can easily get the rhythm working for P.F. Changs. It is definitely a great choice for obtaining extra cash. I would not consider this job as a primary source of income. Great quality food leads to great tips, with implied great service.
Good
Cook 1 (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2015
The only reason I am not there is because I was in a different place in my life and had some illnesses that I could not work outside with at the time in the work environment I was forced to work in. But I enjoyed the job as well as my coworkers.
Stressful
Food Runner/Cashier (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: good co works, fun and fast paced
Cons: no breaks til the end of your shift, overwhelming at first, cooks sucked, manager even the head manager sucked
Typical day would a fast pace experience where you have to hustle and really pay attention to food. A lot of guest will come in and out some will even give you a hard time at times.

Ive learned to manage my time. Work/Life balance, sometime you have to say "no" to a manager. I realized that you're only human and need breaks at times.

Management wise it was always a roller coaster. When I first started it was easy going flowing, and strict at the sometime. As time passed managers left then started the downfall for the restaurant.

Co-worker were always fun to hang out with in and out of work, To an extant they were my working family

Hardest part was to keep up with ticket time because you have no control if the food is being cooked or not. It wasn't in your hands until it came out, If it was messed up the whole would be made from scratch.

Enjoyable was to getting out of work with money in your pocket, you know it was hard earned always.
A good place to work
Server (Current Employee), Las Vegas, Boca ParkFebruary 20, 2015
Overall for a solid living with benefits you have to work 6 or 7 days a week, but shifts are shorter, the schedule is flexible, and it can provide consistent money if you are willing to put the effort in.
Productive and fun work environment
Hostess (Former Employee), Buford, GAFebruary 9, 2015
A great company to work for. The best work is the team work. Management can improve a little. The food is cooked all from scratch nothing pre-made.

1 2 3 4 5

About P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc.

Founded in 1993, P.F. Chang’s menu remains true to its original vision of creating delicious cuisine inspired by the Asian – Read more

P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc. Photos