P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc.

P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc. Employer Reviews

PF Changs
Wait Staff (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAOctober 20, 2014
A typcial day at PF Changs consisted of normal server duties, end of shift cleaning, and a end of sales report. During my time, I learned vital customer service techniques, money management, training new staff members, and how to handle payments. The managment at PF Changs offered commenable advice in resturant senerios, and helped with any difficult – more... challenges throughtout the shift. Although working with different personalities can be difficult, most of the staff were nice and extremely hard working. The hardest part about working at PF Changs would probably be the extremely stressful work environment, and preforming the exact steps of service. The most enjoyable part of working at PF Changs would be the pay, and the work staff. – less
You will thrive if you love structure and a corporate mentaltiy.
Manager (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: lots of room for advancement
Cons: work life balance is non existent
All aspects of developing sales and operations of high volume restaurant, including sales management, product education, promotions, overseeing training programs, negotiations, client relations and employee development. Manage FOH and BOH operations to maintain and grow relations with guests, employees, and vendors
Pretty busy place to work, great food
Cook (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great food
Cons: horrible managers, no benefits
I worked in pantry and when I would get slammed I would ask for help and none of my sous chefs knew anything or how to help and would show up 10/15 min after I already called for help and my tickets would be backed up and the servers would get mad at me but I needed help and no one would help me. sous chefs were lazy and sometimes ask me to do minor – more... task in the middle of my food rushes that I couldn't even get to because I would be so busy. They would have one person on pantry when they really needed more people. there would be a lot of prep for one person to do also. – less
Chaotic and Unorganized
employee (Former Employee), myrtle beachOctober 6, 2014
Pros: money and availability
Cons: management, negativity, cliques, level of caring bar to none.
Was a great company to work for until Management becomes way overwhelmed with problems that needs to be fixed. They would fire and rehire to try to get the staff JUST right.

Trainers were lazy in training employees the proper way. When employees were put on the floor, the new employees were mostly lazy and didn't carry their training over into their – more... full time position.

Managers were eager to throw out more negative feed backs to their employees rather than coaching and using positive reinforcement.

The money was good, that alone probably was just worth it. Go to work and go home.

If you want to get somewhere in the company, make sure you do the following. Play golf with the Operating Partner, go to the bar with the operating partner and his wife. Suck up to the other managers. If one of the managers become single, sleep with them. That will get you places too and special treatment.

I was an employee from 2011-2014 – less
Fine dining Asian Cusine
Server (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 2, 2014
At P.F. Chang’s you are surrounded by a unique environment combining influences of Chinese and American cultures. A panoramic, hand-painted mural depicting 12th century China, is visible from the main dining room and commands attention as the restaurant’s centerpiece, while several terra-cotta warriors stand guard.

Our majestic 11 ft. tall horses grace – more... the entrance to many of our restaurants. The horse symbolizes the original Forbidden City in China, which was built for China’s first emperor Qin Shi Huangdi.

These elements showcase the cuisine and create a stylish, comfortable, upbeat dining experience for our guests. – less
Fun atmosphere and meeting lots of new people
Hospitality Certified Trainer (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: awesome scheduling system, meet lots of people
Cons: benefits system, lots of company changes to keep up with
I have been with this company for over 4 years now. For the most part I have enjoyed my time with them, and one of the best parts is that they use an online scheduling system that you can manage your schedule from anywhere.
For a restaurant job, its great. Employees are treated fairly well and management is approachable and understanding.
The benefits – more... system is somewhat complicated.
Best part is you meet a lot of new people! – less
Awsome place to work
Wok Cook (Current Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 1, 2014
Great vibe awsome co workers. Alway's look forward to go to work.
Fun workplace
SOUS CHEF (Former Employee), 1140 Farrow Prkwy Myrlte Beach SC 29579October 1, 2014
High paced fun atmosphere. Not conducive for a family oriented person.
Great working environment
Trainer/Server (Former Employee), Fairfax, VASeptember 28, 2014
This company really prepares workers for a future in the hospitality business. Most days were spent anticipating customer, manager, and co-worker needs.
productive work place
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Dublin, OHSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: good food, great employess, good atmosphere
Cons: not very good management or leadership
P.F. Changs was a good place to work at although it had its flaws. food was great co workers we're fun to be around. atmosphere felt very warming. when it came to management there wasn't good team work manager could of been a better team player to help all the employees get the job dont better
Soul stealing
Hostess and Take-out Specialist (Former Employee), SawgrassSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: the people you get to meet. the stories you get to hear. multitasking practice times ten.
Cons: high stress, bad scheduling at times, a bit of politics, deal with some rough disrespectful people at times.
The customers we get is more advantageous for the bilingual type. Preferably Spanish. Tips and your schedule varies. Management does play favorites no different from any other job but sadly it is very obvious. It is a high stress job when it gets busy. Even the most calm of employees have been known to lose their cool. It is decent money but at a pretty – more... serious cost. The employees and even the managers you meet are the only thing that will trap you there. Attractive and pretty friendly family. – less
Has Treaded Me Well, Time To Move On
Server Trainer (Current Employee), Cool Springs, TNSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: 50% off food, great coworkers
Cons: super long split shift breaks, inconsistant shceduling
Typical Day: Show up at scheduled time (unless a manager calls you in earlier or later, happens frequently so u never really have to set of a scedule) wait for it to get busy. Lunch shifts are always slow and sometimes most of the time not very profitable but dinner shifts are normaly good. Once it business dies down for the day I wait to get cut. Side – more... work normally takes andwhere from 20-35 min and must be done to perfection before leaving.
I Learned: Alot about life balance, standing up for myself, being truly independent, how to be a leader, and not letting the little things bother me.
Management: A little under par. We are always changing managers and lately it seems like he havent been able to keep a new manager for more than 4-6 months before they quit. And the ones we do get treat the employees with a condcending attitutde. However, that does nto go for all of them and we have had some really great managers in the past. Im almost positive this phenomenon is location based because I have heard of other P.F. Chang's not having the same issue.
Co-Workers: We are one big family. I moved to Tennessee from 600 miles away in Michigan. This was the first job i have had in Tennessee and to say the least, the P.F. Changs crew is definatly my "southern family".
Hardest Part: Nothing in particular that was difficult. It's serving tables so some days are more emotionally taxing than others, but overall a fairly easy job.
Most Enjoyable Part: People I have met – less
good people
Food Runner (Former Employee), Ft. Lauderdale, FlSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: free dinner
Cons: short breaks
Some of the managers are really nice people. They seem to actually care about the employees. enjoyed my time there.
A favoritism work environment
Server (Former Employee), honolulu, HawaiiSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: it was busy for business!
Cons: the operating partner didn't care about his employees!
I have learned that an environment that doesn't care about the benefit of its employees, is doomed to fail through every operation! The operating partner played the favoritism card and treated his restaurant operation with fear! One mistake for certain people was termination without trial!
Great Company.
Server (Former Employee), Austin TexasSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: half off food
Cons: non
Great Company, good hours flexible schedule. Learned discipline. Management was helpful, coworkers were hard working and responsible.
A very stable company to work for with good management.
Server (Current Employee), des moines, iaSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: stable environment
Cons: stressful at times
good management, stable work environment, quick pace, training in many areas
Delicious Chinese Food
Hostess (Current Employee), Princeton, NJAugust 31, 2014
A fun place to dine with friends, family, and co-workers. Staff is friendly and welcoming. Service is held to a higher standard verses other restaurants.
Busy Restaurant
Operating Partner (Current Employee), Lexington, KYAugust 30, 2014
Learned all aspects of management; staffing, training, sales forecasting, personal development, time management, conflict resoluction, profitability, ect.
Fun workplace
Server (Current Employee), Mt pleasant, SCAugust 21, 2014
My managers are great and very flexible.
My co-workers make my day super fun at work.
I've learned how to be great at multitasking
and dealing with all types of guest on a day to day basis.
Restaurant
Assistant Floor Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 20, 2014
Great corporate culture.
Quality of products are always spot on.
Good work environment.

1 2 3 4 5

About P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc.

Founded in 1993, P.F. Chang’s menu remains true to its original vision of creating delicious cuisine inspired by the Asian – Read more

P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc. Photos