P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc.

P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive, Great Management and Fun Work Environment
Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 5, 2016
Worked at P.F.Chang's for the summer and quickly found the working environment to be fun and productive. I also felt like the managers truly cared for us!
Very Organized
Hostess (Former Employee) –  West New York, NJFebruary 3, 2016
The enviornment in this resturant was great. Managment was very friendly, and helpful. The workers all get along, very welcoming.
Very fast paced
pantry cook (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 3, 2016
Very fast paced with a lot of work to do everyday, which is not a bad thing. very fun people and management that will help you in anyway you need it
Pros
family meals everyday before the shift starts
Cons
holidays are a nightmare
Good coworkers in customer
Food Server (Current Employee) –  West New York, NJJanuary 31, 2016
Been working there for a while, sometimes the days are easy, then a little challenging on the other. But i loved it, learned how to handle more than a few tables, with good conversation with the customer, over all a great place to be.
Pros
Great atmosphere to work in
Cons
Sometimes management needs improvement
Bartender/Server/Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 30, 2016
The food is very good quality. The money is typically always good, and the people that you work with are typically more mature for the service industry.
Fast paced and high stress environment
Head Bartender, Bar Trainer and Server (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 28, 2016
I have worked with a vast group of people ranging from managers and fellow servers/bartenders. I genuinely enjoyed all my days at work because of the management and my coworkers.
Fast hard working environment
Server, Take (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Fast paced environment, combined with a social atmosphere, hard working employees, and accountability over the work that is needed to be done.
Pros
Lots of hours available to work
Cons
Not enough employees working
Very Productive and fun work environment.
Takeout Trainer (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 28, 2016
A very fast pace restaurant but keeping in mind the quality of the food and steps of service to provide guest with great customer service.
seating people while working with others. there is confusing directions from the staff. bad training
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 19, 2016
good pay, but bullying by other staff and managers if new for sure at cumberland. There is bad training. It is expected to know everything from day one out of a spiral note book containing recipes which doesn't help hostessing. No breaks at all unless working none stop doubles. complaints are not taken seriously by management.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no breaks up to 8hrs, disrespectful and stressful work environment
Great Place
Server (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 17, 2016
A typical day at PF Chang's would be serving tables and doing side work. It was quite an easy job and I did enjoy doing it for the most part. I learned some interesting things about eastern cooking methods, and how to prepare certain proteins.
The management for the most part were very nice to me and helped me whenever I needed.
The hardest part for me was getting there. It was a good 30-40 minutes and I barely made enough to cover my driving costs. During lunch, which was when I worked most, I would walk out with $15-$35. I just can't do that!
Pros
Family style meal was a free meal for the employees.
Cons
Too far for me.
Amazing workplace with ample opportunity
Server, Food (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 14, 2016
Worked togo. Took orders. In charge of togo cash drawer. Assist in bussing and cleaning tables. Help make rice. Opening and closing duties.
Pros
food discount
Good Place for advancement
Bar Manager/Operating Partner (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 14, 2016
P.F. Chang's was a great place to work as I learned a great deal about how to manage the business from a great leader. The Market Partner that hired me was fantastic in teaching new things to new managers. I learned how to evaluate a P&L to better utilize and monitor the restaurant resources from one period to the next.

My co-workers were all fantastic. There is a great culture in the company of growth and respect.

Day to day I would be at work anywhere between 9-12 hours and depending on the shift the duties varied. The opening manager was responsible for line checks in both the kitchen and the bar, as well as account for the money in the morning. Setting up the dining room and assigning stations to each server. Ensuring that we are staffed to meet sales and drive incremental sales and service to help ensure labor percentages were being met. Cutting servers off the floor on unusually slow days to meet labor was also a crucial function, yet driving sales took the forefront.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the vast array of personalities that come into your building. Either vendors, team members, or guests, it was always great to interact with people both to say hi, and help solve problems.
Pros
Food was provided by the company. Decent bonuses.
Cons
No scheduled breaks, and a lot of turnover from top down management.
Fun workplace,
Server/Waiter, Wok Chef (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJanuary 13, 2016
Hardest part of the job is the rush of customers at peek hours. management seems confused at times. Co-workers aren't exactly what you would expect at a fine dining establishment.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
No free luches
Fun
hostess (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 7, 2016
I love Mondays, mostly because the day flies by in a flash. On a given day, during the early hours you will find me speaking to the clients, finding out – proactively – what their priorities are for the week, meeting with team for half hour to communicate the clients’ needs and organizing the team schedules around the client’s priorities. I do this on Monday so that the rest of the week is well organized and we can effectively use our team’s time in exceeding client’s expectations and avoid Friday evening surprises. Rest of the week goes in delivering the product(s), updating the status with the client, answering emails and calls from our global teams. My role involves extensive management responsibilities and staying organized is not an option.
Fast paced
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 7, 2016
An average day in a restaurant type job involves multitasking between and up to thirty or more people needing attention at the same time. Though high stress and mentally and physically demanding the job teaches one how to work thoroughly under pressure and to remain calm and rational despite whatever the situation may be at the time. This has played a crucial role in becoming a paramedic as it taught me those traits which I employed into the EMS profession. It payed off multiple times in serious cases when remaining calm and concise in an emergency resulted in proper life saving care.
Pros
Educational, social, energetic, fun
fun work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 4, 2016
its a fun work place and i like the management, it would be typical work would be a lot of more enjoyable and a easy work place to be at
Great work space
Pantry Cook (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 1, 2016
Everyone was super nice the Chefs are all well skilled down to earth people. Everyone got along well which translated into a well working kitchen.
Pros
good pay and good co workers
Bad Managment
Dishwasher/Food Prep/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 30, 2015
This was a great job for those who have no experience and starting to venture into the job world. Most of the employees were great and fun to work with. Their benefits would be great if you actually reached their full time requirements. Great training in all culinary positions. The management there was not the greatest, the reason why i made my decision to eventually residing after 4 months there.
Cook
Sous Chef I (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 28, 2015
I was able to use my expertise as a cook and culinary skills to the best of my ability. I was able to work at ease in a fast pace environment.
fast pace fun place to work
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLDecember 18, 2015
setting up the line for the lunch sift in the morning a what i learned at the work hard the management most was young and had very little leadership
Pros
good food
Cons
bad trainers