P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc. Employee Reviews

Typical corporate restaurant
Hostess/Takeout (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJuly 19, 2017
I worked here for several months and was not very impressed. As a whole it seemed there was very little value placed on their employees. Some managers were better than others but the entire time I worked here I felt it was a very unwelcoming workplace and often felt uncomfortable. Many of the other employees and some of the management came off as very standoffish and uptight. I always had a feeling like I was walking on eggshells while there that I would be reprimanded for trivial things completely unrelated to my work ethic and that their focus was more on an image of "luxury dining" than work etiquette. I would never recommend working here to anyone and would never subject myself to working for this company again.
Pros
Not very strenuous work
Cons
Short/no breaks, uncomfortable work environment
fun
Back Waiter (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 19, 2017
P.F. change was a great place to work. i have since tried numerous times to be re hired to the store. i got to work with some great people. i loved my job because it was so fast paced and i love the hospitality industry in general. i love to make sure people are getting the limousine service when I'm working.
Pros
everything about it. short tip days were even good
Quick-paced but fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 19, 2017
Clock-in, greet guests, seat them as quickly as possible. A friendly smile is a must. I learned how to work as a team with other servers and hostess. The hardest part was difficult customers, but with managers help and your own tact will help solve problems. The most enjoyable part was getting to meet new friends and having awesome managers.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
double shifts
No thanks - never again !
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 18, 2017
All other hosts were lazy and expected me to stay in the back rolling silverware for them - I was the only one to step up and do it . There was constant drama and men in the kitchen harassing me .
Pros
I met the love of my life there :)
Cons
Everything.
Alot of hard work and a great learning experience
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDJuly 17, 2017
I learned a great deal about asian cooking. The staff was cool. The shift leader power tripped alot but I learned a lot from him and he was very dedicated. I was hired to be a daytime line cook and explained in my interview that I'm a single mom. However, was always being scheduled to work double shifts during the week which made my life extremely hectic.
Pros
Great learning experience and I loved the fast pace environment.
Cons
Too demanding and no consideration for the fact that I'm a single mother.
Nice place to work.
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 17, 2017
Good money. Good management. Understanding boss in times of need. Good team work. No paid time off. Back of house works well together with serving staff.
Extreme work environment
LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 16, 2017
Stressful work environment and not time for breaks.
You learn a lot and push yourself to the limit but good experience to move on with.
Fun place to work
FOH Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 14, 2017
Fun place to work but didn't have a work life balance. You were always at work. The staff made my life really easy and made my work shifts fun. I learned how to be an amazing manager and the dos and donts that will help you excel in this industry.
Pros
Good compensation and fun
Cons
No work life balance
Sous chef
Sous Chef/Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Peters, MOJuly 12, 2017
55 to 70 hours a week no down time bad for a family. Easy to become stagnant and not recognized for your work. Good place to work at times but bad at the same time.
Benefits
Cons
No family time
great
Back Waiter (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 12, 2017
Had no problems here . an amazing establishment and wonderful management. I left due to living situation. other than that the company is amazing and will advise anyone to work there.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
short breaks
First Job
Server, Bartender and Certified trainer (Former Employee) –  Corte Madera, CAJuly 12, 2017
P.F. Chang's was a fun place to work at, specially when it's your first job ever. Team environment is fantastic and the corporate side of it is not the best, but overall it was a blast to work here, lots of managers and endless amounts of server and FOH staff went by.
Pros
team spirit, fun management
Cons
wages, corporate guidelines
Corporate Restaurants
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHJuly 12, 2017
PF Chang's is a corporate restaurant, meaning that most of the corporate office creates rules and policies for the staff in the restaurant but have never worked in a restaurant. The policies are unorganized, the menu is large and confusing, management isn't good. There are many other restaurants with a better overall structure.
Fun fast paced workplace with awesome team members
Server (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 10, 2017
Working at P.F. Changs was both fun and challenging. The management team could use some work but over all it was a pleasant experience. The team members are a pleasure to be around and helpful when needed and the hours are flexible but sometimes a bit more then you ask for. The worst parts of this job were annoying corporate rules like specific greetings and sign up for their rewords program and non-stop promotions.
Pros
Family meal and %50 off specific food when working, %25 when not working
Cons
Super corperate, nonstop promotions and menu changes
Really fun place to work and the team was great to work with
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCJuly 10, 2017
A typical day at PF CHANGS consist of me greeting and seating all customers,taking reservation calls and serving when the establishment got really busy. The management team wasn't to good. For the most part there was nothng hard about my job. For the most part I really enjoyed being a part of that team.
Pros
Awsome employee discounts
Cons
They began cutting hours
Fun to work, people are nice to each other
Server/ Backwaiter (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJuly 9, 2017
during busy days, everyone will be everywhere doing their things maybe there would be arguments between BOH and FOH but I learned that they were quickly solved. workers are very helpful with each other. Hardest part is during season days, we are constantly busy. Enjoyable part of the job is that everybody are close to each other.
Great work environment
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  St.louis MOJuly 9, 2017
Great work environment , very diverse , I got great hours, it's like one big PF changs family

Always an open door for promotions ,
growth comes easy
Pros
Free Lunches
Competitive work place
Prep/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJuly 8, 2017
We would enter the store and get straight to work. The manager would write up what prep we needed for the day, then get the recipes and start on our tasks.
Pros
free food, fun atmosphere, location, hours, people
Cons
management, other employees
Super corporate
Bartender/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 8, 2017
Pfchangs was not a bad place to work. You made money it was very quick paste and generally a good atmosphere. Plenty of money to be made there and as long as you did your job and follow the corporate standards there were no problems
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Worked your butt off
PF Changs
Server (Former Employee) –  Norwood, OHJuly 6, 2017
loved working here, great management, great staff, well organized. I loved the food, and the environment was always happy and well oiled. very well done.
Very well learing experience
Wok Cook (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 6, 2017
My typical day at Office. COME in Open restaurant open line make all the soups sauces we need for open. Make sure other stations have what they need and if they could use a hand with anything just basically making sure the team is ok.the culture was OK just very time consuming there wasn't really any hard part of the job in my eyes people complicate there job more than they realize.The most enjoyable is when I look in dinning room and see the look on customers face when they see and taste the art form(priceless).
Pros
Free lunch updated uniforms chefware.
Cons
Long hrs unreliable employee's

Ask a question about working or interviewing at P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval