P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc.

P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc. Employer Reviews

The Typical Work Day
Chef Prep (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 23, 2015
Cons: no breaks, long shifts
No breaks, a lot of complaining and cramming. Small work space.
Great company
Server/Runner (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: long hours at time
Amazing company with great management. If you put in the work there is room for advancement. Work with great people that enjoy their work.
Great Food, Great People, Great Company
Hostess (Former Employee), Albany, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Working here gave me my bearings in customer service. I was able to uphold a genuine smile. Although we were always busy at the time, I loved it because time flew and I knew that I was doing a good job. My co-workers were really nice and management set us up for success.
Educational
Back Waiter (Former Employee), West New York, NJJanuary 13, 2015
P.F. Chang China Bistro was the first restaurant I ever got an opportunity to work in. I started off as a silverware roller. Obviously not the cream of the crop, but I learned the definition of work ethic and it taught me to take pride in what I was doing, not only at the moment, but for life. Within two months I was promoted to back waiter, otherwise known as a food runner. They partnered me with the best trainer I could have received. My co-workers were my muse. The ones who saw in me the ability to be great in me took me under their wings and showed me how to fly high. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning and rising through the ranks. I felt a sense of accomplishment and a build in character. The hardest part of the job was, well, rolling silverware.
DO
Director of Operations Midwest/Operating Partner (Former Employee), MidwestJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: non stop excitement
Cons: company sold
P.F. CHANG’S CHINA BISTRO
Director of Operations Midwest/Operating Partner 1999 to 2012

Managed operations of 6 units in the Midwest and East coast with combined yearly sales of over $30M. Handled all functions related to day to day operations through an acute awareness to guest, employee and shareholder needs. Committed to exceptional guest service through attention to detail.
Slowly becoming another dying franchise
Server / Bartender / Certified National Trainer (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: kung pao chicken, crab wontons, crispy green beans
Cons: horrible managemnet, drama on top of drama, no one cares
What started as the best place to work in Myrtle Beach is now the last place I would ever go to eat at. I watched a brand new building turn to garbage within 2 years. A bunch of college and even high school kids trying to operate a high volume restaurant while hungover.
Fun place to work at
Food Server (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 28, 2014
Pros: employees
Cons: long drive
P.F. Chang's was a great job to have. I learned a lot about wine and wine pairings. The team worked well with each other.
I like going to work every day. Workplace and management are great.
Server (Current Employee), Charlotte, NC Southpark locationDecember 15, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling, fast paced, i shift lead in a closer position, daily earnings
Cons: healthcare could be better, late nights at work
PF Chang's is a fast paced and high volume restaurant and I love being a part of a team. I've learned to go to any length to make our guests feel welcome and make them want to come back. My management team is great and put me in positions to excel on a daily basis. My co-workers are great. I love helping new hires get accustomed to the PF Chang's way. The hardest part of my job is not knowing the amount of business that will come into the restaurant at any given time. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing new and repeat customers leave with a smile and feeling satisfied with bringing their business to PF Chang's.
Organized and well-stocked work place
Server (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 12, 2014
I came into work everyday, clocked in, served tables, worked on my end of the shift side work, and then went home. The managers knew what they were doing and always helped us. The co workers were very helpful as well.
Great place
Sous Chef (Current Employee), Glen MillsDecember 10, 2014
Nothing short of living up to everything that was promised to me in interviewing process which is extremely rare in this industry.
Pretty chill workplace
Hostess (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXDecember 8, 2014
Not enjoyable unless you love hospitality. I love working with people but not when it comes to handling their eating experience. People become incredibly rude. NONETHELESS, P.F. Chang's is great company to work for. Management is cool, scheduling is easy, co-workers are cool.
Great Food, Great Culture
Cook (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIDecember 1, 2014
Pros: competitive pay, knowledgeable management
Cons: long, extended volume shifts
The food is great, but it's the people that make it special. After working in the back of the house for three years, I have seen many members of both the waitstaff and management sincerely enjoying their job.
Fun & family orientated work place
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CADecember 1, 2014
Pros: good food, close-knit family, fun work place
Cons: limited breaks, rude customers, short of waiters.
I have to admit, working at PF Changs was an amazing experience, not only did I learn everything quickly but my coworkers made everything so easy and comfortable to pick up. Everyday I had the same routine; greet coworkers who were on break, check in with managers, clock in and begin to prepare my station. Management was very professional, easy to come to with any questions or complaints but was very strict when it came to working. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new, different people every single day; which kept me on my toes every shift. Sadly, the hardest part of the job was being on a hold and customers weren't understanding of the situation.
Fast-paced environment with good people interactions
Server (Current Employee), TempeNovember 20, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: no health benefits
Typical day at work usually involves trying to get my fellow co-workers to understand the importance of teamwork and doing the little things in order to be more successful and have a more smooth running operation as a restaurant. I have seen how productive and profitable the restaurant can be when certain mistakes are avoided, and I have to instill those principles on my fellow coworkers on a daily basis.
I have learned the hard way that the phrase "if you want something done, you have to do it yourself" applies more often than it should in a team driven environment. There are certain people I can rely on while working with them, and I know everybody there can rely on me to help whenever humanly possible.
Management is good in our restaurant, but there is too much compassion sometimes. Not enough discipline for mistakes or laziness. Too much job security breeds bad habits if the employee knows they can do whatever they want and still keep their job.
My co-workers are great friends, but most of them are still young and haven't learned the benefits of hard work and teamwork yet. They need to learn these skills now so they can be more successful at a higher level.
The hardest part of the job is conducting a positive flow in the restaurant.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with my tables and knowing that I served their needs as best I could, while also knowing they got great service and will be more than likely to return.
Flexible hour
Restaurant Server (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZNovember 18, 2014
Good company to work for, business appears to be slowing down rapidly, company changed hands when working there and many changes were adapted
Awesome work environment
I recently worked as a backwaiter/hostess (Former Employee), Tanasbourne,ORNovember 15, 2014
it was an awesome experience. i loved the staff. THe managers were so ploite and worked around your schedule. now thats what i call a flexible schedule
It has it ups and downs
Prep Cook / Team Leader (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 15, 2014
I really enjoy my job until personal things get involved in the work environment.
Fun Place to work
Bartender (Former Employee), Long Beach, CANovember 13, 2014
Pros: fun, interactive, challenging
Cons: long hours, deal with customers attitudes, no breaks
My typical shift consisted of making sure every guests at the Bar had an enjoyable time. This included making there drink the why they wanted it and in a timely matter. Being a high volume bar I had to do a lot of multi-tasking. Multi-tasking comes from being prepared staying one step ahead of your self. If you are not prepared you will fall behind therefore you wont be able to give the guest the experience they want. I loved the challenge of a full bar because it made me feel rewarded at the end of the night because I knew I gave a great performance. Meaning that I did give everyone of my guests the experience they wanted. I knew I did because of the amount of tips I was bringing home.
poor
Pantry Chef (Former Employee), Buford, GANovember 12, 2014
Arrive early stay late. Management is rude and lacks communication. no place for advancement. management as no knowledge of food or recipes. co-workers are just job people not career driven at all.
Very Fun Working Environment
Bar Tender (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARNovember 4, 2014
Very Fun and fast paced. Good opportunity to get established and move up.

1 2 3 4 5

About P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc.

Founded in 1993, P.F. Chang’s menu remains true to its original vision of creating delicious cuisine inspired by the Asian – Read more

P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc. Photos