P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc.

P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc. Employee Reviews

Changs
Line Cook/Trainer (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 21, 2017
Was a great place to work for nice family atmosphere and easy going job. I would have preferred better advancement opportunity for qualified workers only reason I left
I love this place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 18, 2017
Great team. Great balance of hard over bearing work along side fun and smiles afterwards over family meals.

I learned how to cook Lo Mein and Fried Rice dishes and honey chicken, mostly soy based dishes. Learned how to manage a WOK cooking with high-temp heat (375 Degrees)
Pros
Great place for growth long term
Cons
no benefits, low pay
very intense sometimes, really fun
Busser/Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAFebruary 17, 2017
I was a waiter so my day usually consisted of cleaning, serving food and customer service, dinner rushes were very intense down time was very calm and full of cleaning
Pros
food, tips, nice co workers
Fun, productive, team oriented work place
Server/Bartender/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 14, 2017
A standard day at P.F. Chang's consist of doing your opening side work as a team, giving your guest above and beyond service, finished off with a few lite side work duties. I learned so much from working here, time management, team work, mixology, presentation, guest relations, high quality standards, leadership, and honestly the list goes on but i digress. Managers are driven at this place! I have had the opportunity to work at 3 locations in 3 different states and always the management team rocked the house. Worst part is timing and tempo of food mainly if the kitchens backed up and the few slackers who don't pull their weight make it more difficult on the entire staff.
Overall, I love this place! A lot of learning and growing took place here. There is opportunity for advancement and transfer to other states if need be.
Pros
family meals daily, positive team oriented environment, meal discounts, advancement opportunity
Cons
short breaks, labor intensive, and some negative co workers but that's anywhere you work
Chinese Food Chain
Server (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 14, 2017
Great food albeit non-traditional and very Americanized. Still they have some great food selections that vary throughout the year to introduce in cuisines. Their service and drink selections are top notch as well.
It was fast past an fun working with a team
Wok Cook (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 13, 2017
I had a good time walking into work. Enjoyed working with the crew. The management was great an the hours were good. I like the fast past you have to maintain .
Great place to work for
Runner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 12, 2017
I was able to learn many different job duties. The management was great. The restaurant had a great atmosphere and lots of room to advance. Overall a great company to work for
The company is a well rounded example of success
National Trainer/Server (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 10, 2017
A typical day at work was like any other day at a restaurant. I learned to deal with all types of people, Management is always there to help if needed.
Team-oriented, fun place to work
Hospitality Manager (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 10, 2017
Long, but fun days. Training program is excellent. Excellent hospitality is a must. Good Support from Corporate. Benefits are very good.Cross-training is emphasized. Promotes from within.
Straight-forward and guest friendly service
Server (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 9, 2017
My time at PF Changs was a learning period and the restaurant's management holds its employees to a high standard of service. The job is high-pressure, but very employee oriented and it is a comfortable place for employees to work.
Great family-minded workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILFebruary 5, 2017
I enjoyed interacting the customers a great deal. The work was busy and I liked being busy. The work team environment was casual and encouraging. I appreciated the opportunity to learn new things. I started as a buser and advanced to a server within 3 months
Pros
Fun and busy interactions with others
Cons
No set pay. No regular schedule.
Fast paced, Fun Environment
Certified National Server Trainer (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLFebruary 2, 2017
This is an exceptional place to serve as the average guest check allows for a $15-$16/hr wage including tips. The restaurants are well run and the food is incredible.
Staff is family
Pantry Cook/ Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Clinton Twp, MIFebruary 2, 2017
Chefs are very laid back but know when to put their foot down and make things happen. learning to use the wok and roll sushi are the hardest parts of the job. everything is all about teamwork and there are minimal disconnects with front of the house staff.
productive
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 1, 2017
Loved working there, had excellent customer service and was very willing to accommodate any guest. PF Changs was overall a great restaurant
good place to work
SERVER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 30, 2017
inside there are some nice people combined with good food making PF Changs overall a solid place to get started as a server to gain some experience with high a volume of tables.
fast paced
Prep Cook/Pantry Cook (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJanuary 26, 2017
coworkers are nice but like all restaurants there is a lot of drama that holds you back from getting your job done quickly and efficiently. this may be a plus for some but a minus for me.
P.F. Changs
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 26, 2017
I was lucky enough to have the esteemed opportunity to work at the famous P.F. Changs. Most evenings were pretty busy and that's when the job really gave you what challenges you would seek as a hostess. Unfortunately and fortunately they hired/fired so many employees in the time I worked there that I decidedly got to know many people from all different backgrounds, with the downside being that as soon as I got to know them, they moved on to other opportunities. Management was supportive and friendly until you needed a day off, then there was difficulty in their view of why you had to have a break.
Pros
Discounts, Stability in the hostessing
Cons
No promotion opportunity, revolving door employment
Corporate.
Key Hourly (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJanuary 25, 2017
Wok Cookery was immensely fun, fast paced, physically taxing. The wok itself weighs roughly three to four pounds then filled to the top with rice could be upwards of 10/15 lbs depending on what was in it.
The kitchen was messy, due to the pace of the service, and the pass was easily congested . Due to a computer system (aloha) that was not set up properly. The job was decent, just too many split shifts, too little money and not enough learning, classic assembly line.
Pros
learned how to cook and clean a wok properly.
Cons
Dirty kitchen, low wages, split shifts
Great work enviorment
Expo (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 25, 2017
i enjoyed working with this restaurant only because the employees were very friendly and out going and i love helping people with there food but the pay was not enough
Pros
friendly employees
Cons
not enough money
Its the industy
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 24, 2017
It hit or miss everyday you go in to work. Some mangers are good at know when to cut the floors other just don't care bit I've been there for almost 3 years so it's not that bad
Pros
Family meal
Cons
Long days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc. Reviews by Job Title