P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc. Employee Reviews

good work place
Host (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 16, 2017
worked on weekends at night. Would get in at around 5:30 and work till closing usually. During that time there I was responsible for greeting and seating costumers, rolling silver wear, cleaning menus, and making costumers feel welcomed.
Pros
never get bored
Cons
on your feet all day
It's Work.
Food Runner/Busser (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 15, 2017
If you're looking for a job, and you don't mind a communicative process to earn money, you won't have any problems. The job consists of you working with others to provide the customers with the best experience and if someone is not communicating these needs, tips become scarce and no one makes money. Being able to work alone effectively is helpful but remember, you are working for very little money and this may become draining.
Great food
Cook (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJDecember 15, 2017
I loved working at pf changs sadly they did not give me a chance to promote my work and experience as a cook for many years there. Many empmoyees had longer work hours and more days than i did so i unfortunately got laid off. Still will go back if given the opportunity
Pros
Great place to dine
Cons
Wish i could work there again
Fast Paced Good part time job
Server, Bartender (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IADecember 15, 2017
good structure
good values
fun environment
good advancement potential
did not find this to be a hard job at all
good employee recognition for achievements
It could be better
Chef (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 14, 2017
Need more money for the amount of work they expect it's a not my job attitude no room for advancing faulty equipment....................................
Pros
Free food
Cons
No money
great company
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CADecember 13, 2017
I worked my way up the ranks in this company. Enjoyed the corporate culture and met many great people here. Friendly and casual environment, worked with some great people in corporate.
high end restaurant
be a bus boy (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WADecember 12, 2017
fast pace, learned how to deal with different types of personalities, management were difficult to work under, the job overall was pretty easy, meeting all types of people
Working at P.F. Changs
Host (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 11, 2017
Chang's was my first job. I'd been there a little over two years. During those two years, I'd seen managers come and go, and watch a new Operating Partner try to turn the restaurant around. The people here work long and hard to make this restaurant a better place to work and dine in.

Now, they aren't perfect, by any means. They get irritated, sometimes rude, and you have to have tough skin to work here. But when you begin to understand the hard work that needs to be put in to thrive in this setting, you'll understand why people sometimes act the way they do here.

When it's busy, it's fast-paced. You have to be able to think on your feet, and be confident in all decisions you're making to insure guests are getting the best service possible.

It's also all about teamwork. In order for the restaurant to succeed, which in turn helps YOU succeed, you have to be willing to help your fellow team members. Having an individualistic work ethic doesn't really help you in this setting.
Pros
sometimes free food, develop friendships, learn a new kind of work ethic, teaches you to value things you'd never thought about before
Cons
people, both guests and your co-workers.
Great Co-workers
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 10, 2017
I learned a lot from this establishment and my co-workers were great you couldn't ask for a better team. I just didn't feel this company could provide the adequate hours I needed
meh
Member of food service team (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 9, 2017
new operating partner was not the best. hurt experience working there. would not promote me after 4 years.

idk what else to say pay was ok if you worked alot otherwie not necessarily worth it
Everyones Friendly and super fun atmosphere
Server and Busser (Former Employee) –  Nanuet, NYDecember 9, 2017
Usually during the weekdays it's really slow but the weekends are really packed with reservations of large parties but made really good money as a server and busser.
Pros
50 percent discounts
Productive and Fun place to develop a carrear
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 9, 2017
Working for PFChangs all this years is been a great experience, I been learning a lot, great Chinese food and great place to work with. Love this company!
fast paced fun enviornment
Senior Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNDecember 8, 2017
Pf changs is a fast paced, competitive fun place to work at, especially if you love to make food from scratch, that is one place to be if you like to work in a scratch restaurant
Pros
great benefits, paid time off, discounts
Pays well
Back Waiter (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CADecember 8, 2017
This place is good to work at. It can be stressful at times but the tip money makes up for that. You will need to work with others and in a fast pace. Co-workers are friendly.
Poor management
Server (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 8, 2017
lack of communication
poor scheduling
calls off server an hour before work
employees complain
unprofessional staff
lack of basic knowledge
lack of experience
Pros
Cons
above
Greatplace for rookies and vets.
Server (Current Employee) –  PGH, PADecember 7, 2017
Mngmt goes above and beyond to help and prep you as best as they can. The staff is fun, laid back, and supportive. No one EVER asks anything of you they are not willing to do themselves. The focus is on hospitality not service. My restaurant is always busy. You get what you put into it. If you are willing to work hard, check your ego ay the door, and learn, the sky is the limit. When I was hired it was because of my experience and loyalty to previous employers; 19 yrs, 3 companies. At the time my disabled vet hubby n I were on welfare, living in our car. This offer changed our life. These people care!
Fun people
Dishwasher/Busser (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 7, 2017
To stressful sometimes always people coming for your head u have to be ready for anything and be on your ps and qs there great people they just have a dumb system there and i left cause i was playing football
Pros
Free food at the end of the nigjt sometimes
Cons
No breaks
Good atmosphere with poor management but great food
runner/server/busser/ host/ hospitality lead (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYDecember 6, 2017
Prep and stock of all materials at start of shift. Learned all aspects of each shift and job, assured all positions were prepared and ready for the shift. Most enjoyable was working with the staff and engaging the guests. Hardest part was ensuring a solid satisfactory day between the staff and guests. Management was difficult as they ignore staff and guest problems. Enjoyed convincing guests of a better experience in my presence.
Pros
Meals, breaks, staff
Cons
Insufficient hours, low pay
Loss of clientele from poor management
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 6, 2017
If something is wrong, managers just buy the food for the customer. Way too many discounts and sales going on as well. Managers did not care what servers made as individuals and there was no opportunity to advance when offered several times.
Pros
50% of when working
Cons
No breaks, no checks
Ambiente de trabajo en familia
Pantry Cook (Current Employee) –  Victor, NYDecember 5, 2017
Cada dia es algo diferente ya que se trabaja en la cocina

Ask a question about working or interviewing at P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.