P.F. Changs China Bistro Employee Reviews

productive and fun environment with great guests and co-workers
Bartender, Server (Former Employee), Burbank, CAJune 21, 2015
Pros: 50% discount on days you work
This company has incredible potential, however, from place to place varies on quality based off of the management structure. The food is incredible and the service is definitely above expectations. The hardest part was the lack of labor consideration, with the main focus being to cut hours. This results in livlihood being compromised based off projected numbers. Granted that is expected in a place like this, so it was still enjoyable to provide service with a product i could whole-heartidly back.
professional enviroment
Manager (Current Employee), lakewood coloradoMay 22, 2015
Pros: Half priced meals
Cons: No breaks.
Great team members. Learned how to manage a large amount of people. Great social interactions with guests. Busy all the time.
Excellent job for my schedule during this period of time
SERVER (Former Employee), Marlton, NJMay 14, 2015
Pros: Chance to meet new people, flexible hours, and ability for decent wages
Cons: Lacked mental stimulation, on slow nights the potential for earnings declined
While employed at PF Changs, I was also a stay at home mom with a newborn so having flexible and evening hours were preferred. I did enjoy meeting so many new people daily and getting a chance to make their evening out a wonderful experience.
After a period of time I did find myself beginning to desire more out of my employment and the advancement opportunities were limited. I began seeking better employment while maintaining a solid work ethic while employed.
high volume restaurant
Server (Current Employee), Farmington, CTFebruary 9, 2015
running around doing side work and taking of clients. co workers are hard working for the most part, the hardest part of the job is getting people motivated to work together, and the most enjoyable part is to have conversation with costumers.
fun work place and long days
Server (Former Employee), Cambridge, MADecember 23, 2014
Pros: nice coworkers, 50% food, fun competitions
Cons: cleaning for hours, rude guests
Working at PF Changs was always different. Serving tables is not always easy, especially when it got busy. On a normal day, their are many expectations that needed to be met. Not only was I suppose to meet sales requirements, but I also was expected to keep the restaurant and the kitchen clean, along with serving up to 5-6 tables at a time. Although, the work was hard, the managers made it a lot easier. They were always first to offer help and made every night go by smoothly. My favorite part about working at this establishment was making guests happy and watching them walk out with a smile. My least favorite part was having to spend hours cleaning after my shift ended.
AVOID AT ALL COSTS
BACK WAITER (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 10, 2014
Cons: everything
The work was terrible, the managers are terrible, and they will never give you a break. I once worked a 13 hour shift without even getting a minute to sit down. My employment ended with me passing out during a shift, and then being laughed at the next day for asking for the day off. They promised me a promotion to server more times that I can count and when I finally told them it was either move me up or I quit, I got laughed at by their jerk of a GM. AVOID THIS PLACE
Wonderful Staffing
server (Former Employee), serverDecember 5, 2014
Elwood Staffing staffed me at some amazing companies, I learned a lot about the companies that I was staffed at leaving me with a lifetime of variety and training,
a lot of structure which i like
Waiter/shift leader (Former Employee), arizonaOctober 22, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: not enough hours
had to take orders from customers while multi-tasking. doing sidework and cleaning to keep the resturant running freely without any bumps in the road
Excellent first "real" job
Server (Former Employee), Buford, GAOctober 20, 2014
At PF Changs i was everything from hostess, food runner, and server. I enjoyed working here. The management was great. I always enjoyed going to work.
Excellent restaurant to work at, great staff
Bartender and Server (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: long hours, not much room for advancement
For the restaurant business P.F. Changs is a great place to be. I've really learned how to go above and beyond for my customers from their culture. It's always a "we will do anything to make you come back" attitude that lets us always do nice things so our customers will be overly satisfied.
Fun and fast pace
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 28, 2014
Pros: family feast after work
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work was cleaning off dishes, send them through the dishwasher, and dry stack and place in correct places. Chopped lettuce and cooked rice. Cleaned swept and mopped out storage rooms and freezers. Management were wonderful always uplifting you and keeping you in high spirits. My co-workers were very high spirited and motivated to get the job done in a orderly and productive fashion. Didn't really have any hard parts of the job. The most enjoyable times were after we close we come togther and eat as a family talk about how the work day went.
Good job
Hostess/Take-Out (Former Employee), Riverside, CAApril 6, 2014
Fun place to work- Long lasting friendships were developed.
Great Food
Hostess (Former Employee), Beachwood OhioMarch 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch and dinner, meeting new people
Cons: management showed favortism towards peer employees
Greet guests, seat guests, take reservations, plan parties, answer phones, fold silverware, keep hostess desk presentable and organized

I learned how to deal with difficult customers appropriately.
Management was not professional.
Co-workers most were respectful, and focused.

hardest part of the job: was when the restaurant went on waits, staying organized.

enjoyable part: free lunch and dinner
Productive and fun
Server (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJMarch 17, 2014
Asian dishes at a reasonable price. Everything is cooked from the famous wok and the special sauce is delicious! Meet different people everyday from all over the world.
Great Environment
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNFebruary 3, 2014
P.F Chang's was a high energy work environment. There were long hours with low compensation.
Host (Former Employee), Temecula, CAJanuary 15, 2014
P.F. Changs was a great place to work. The management were all very encouraging and the made it a very positive place to work.
Very good company. Took care of their employees.
Manager (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLDecember 11, 2013
Pros: compensation
Cons: can't think of any
Busy all the time. Always things to do. Very good quality of life. Co-workers were always upbeat.
Fun place to work
Trainer/Coordinator/Hostess (Current Employee), Roseville, CAOctober 24, 2013
Pros: 50% off lunch
Cons: no breaks
It's a fun place full of nice and energetic people and great management.
Productive and professional workplace
Maitre d' (Former Employee), Lombard, ILOctober 1, 2013
Pros: discounted food
Cons: long work days
I would typically work all day from open to close, On my feet all day. I learned great customer service skills at this job. I enjoyed working with my co-workers on a busy day or night. I also really liked the challenge of coordinating large parties and reservations.
Everyone in the work place was amazing
Dishwasher, Food Prep, Pantry Chief (Former Employee), Broomfield, COSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: free food before and after shifts
Cons: hard to advance
A day consisted of getting the kitchen up and running while also making sure some food was prepared for day all before restaurant opens. I had to make sure to keep the kitchen clean up to speed while the rush is going.