P.F. Changs China Bistro Employee Reviews

Work hard, make money
Server (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CADecember 20, 2016
Easy to make money and a lot of coworkers are willing to pick up shifts when needed be. You're allowed to work double shifts without a problem, which I think is useful especially if you need to make money. Overall it's a good experience, but when requesting off, you won't find out till the week of. I feel that is the only downside. Management is super chill as well.
Pros
Picking up and releasing shifts
Cons
Requesting off won't notify if you're approved or declined until the week of.
Busy work environment, cool consept
Executive Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 28, 2017
I have worked with PF Changs for four and a half years, there is always a high turn over rate. Some really good well rounded talent, and then there is some staff that are completely irrelevent.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Too much turn over
very fun and family oriented place to work
wok/dramah/pantry cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 21, 2016
a very skilled staff im very glad i had the opportunity to work there. always a stress free and ,motivated environment. i learned many differnt aspects of oriental cooking , from some very skilled and talented chefs.
Pros
free meals
Cons
management power struggle
Good pay/Lots work
Various Positions Held (Former Employee) –  NCJanuary 11, 2017
Worked there for quite a long time. Work is the only thing they care about. Good pay. Bad work-life balance. Managers kept quiting. If you clean and close your area fast then you have to do other peoples work also.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad work-life balance
Fast paced, delicious food, excellent customer service.
Server (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 6, 2016
The customer service at P.F. Changs is what really stood out. Management was always very mangnanimous and accommodating. I loved being able to give tables complimentary deserts for special occasions (birthdays, kids test scores etc.). This also allowed customers to return frequently with specific server requests.
High volume and exciting Restaurant
Culinary Partner (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 17, 2016
Typical day in the kitchen is setting it up for service, filling out all prep sheets for prep cooks, twice daily line checks. Learning how to cook Asian cuisine. Working cohesively with 6 other managers both FOH and BOH. Hardest part of the job has been the switch from independently owned to a publicly traded company. The most enjoyable part is the respect I receive from my coworkers.
Pros
Health insurance, family meal
Cons
hiring qualified candidates
A fun "family-like" work environment
Back Waiter, Busser (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 18, 2016
A typical day consist of a fast paced fun work environment with constant laughs and hard work while still remaining professional with our guests.

I have learned the meaning of teamwork and cooperation.

The management is outstanding, they are wonderful people inside and out of work, they are so good about rewarding and leading their employees.

My co-workers were welcoming and friendly from my first day. They are always ready to help and answer questions throughout the training and starting weeks.

The only difficult part about the job is the occasional heavy lifting but that is mostly because I am on the petite side.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working and having fun while providing the best service for our guests.
GReat
Drahma Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Summerlin, NVFebruary 8, 2017
Working here was a pleasure and a great learning experience for me aswell. Management was always willing to help and listen to my needs as an employee
The Most Challenging position, I have had.
Server (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 1, 2016
Knowing ingredients, after ingredients in a short time. Wow! This was very emotional. But it gave me, a huge rush! Thus the customers, were happy! Which made me happy!
Fast paced high volume establishment
OPERATING PARTNER (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJune 1, 2016
Fast paced, constantly adapting environment. Have to be able to make quick changes that stick. Typical day requires general local knowledge of events to manage staffing volumes in order to reach targets. Encourage team to achieve varying sales goals while coaching and improving on service/production standards. 100% guest focused while submitting varying reports on progress. I learned how to use and develop systems to improve work flow and production allowing for superior guest experience.
Pros
Constantly trying to improve
Cons
Poor performance review system.
Often inappropriate conduct and unorganized management. Although, the company had a strong sense of teamwork
Hostess/Back Waiter (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJune 2, 2016
The company was very slow at promoting certain works and management often made broken promises. In light of team members, the work place was very encouraging and typically a fun place to be.
Pros
Free food were strong incentives, guests were generally friendly
Cons
Poor management, poor conduct
Fun workplace with a family like atmosphere
Server (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAMarch 31, 2016
I have been working for P.F. Changs for the past two and a half years. I had a great time until corporate made some changes and my schedule was modified based on how much alcohol i could sell or how many people i could get signed up for the preferred program. I work very hard each and every day to do just that and sometimes you just don't get sat with tables that want to sign up for the program or they don't want to drink alcoholic beverages. I didn't like that my schedule depends on factors that i cannot control sometimes. Overall my co workers have been like family and my managers have been great until the stress from corporate made them a little edgy. If you are looking to work at P.F Changs just be ready to have inconsistencies in your schedule.
Family Atmosphere
Server/ Hostess (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJune 10, 2016
This business is well ran, and you are recognized for everything you do. This is a nice restaurant to work for bringing in all types of people.
P.F. Changs
Bartender/Trainer/Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 17, 2016
This is a decent company to work for. Very fair in practices and hiring process. They have a extremely great training program.
Working at Pf Chang's
Cooke (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYJune 13, 2016
I will say that a is a good pay job for because i have long time Working for tat company and i like what i do.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
no vacations
The guest that dine there are pleasant
Server (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 21, 2016
A typical day at work is pretty good, I enjoy serving. Although, it was a hard decision, I need to continue my growth for my career.
pf Changs Dedham
Busser and Host (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAApril 29, 2016
Staff very rude, after I left and came back for a meal they yelled at me and kicked me out. i would not recommend this job to anyone, at this location at least.
productive and fun environment with great guests and co-workers
Bartender, Server (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 21, 2015
This company has incredible potential, however, from place to place varies on quality based off of the management structure. The food is incredible and the service is definitely above expectations. The hardest part was the lack of labor consideration, with the main focus being to cut hours. This results in livlihood being compromised based off projected numbers. Granted that is expected in a place like this, so it was still enjoyable to provide service with a product i could whole-heartidly back.
Pros
50% discount on days you work
Excellent job for my schedule during this period of time
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJMay 14, 2015
While employed at PF Changs, I was also a stay at home mom with a newborn so having flexible and evening hours were preferred. I did enjoy meeting so many new people daily and getting a chance to make their evening out a wonderful experience.
After a period of time I did find myself beginning to desire more out of my employment and the advancement opportunities were limited. I began seeking better employment while maintaining a solid work ethic while employed.
Pros
Chance to meet new people, flexible hours, and ability for decent wages
Cons
Lacked mental stimulation, on slow nights the potential for earnings declined
Avoid at all costs
BACK WAITER (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 10, 2014
The work was terrible, the managers are terrible, and they will never give you a break. I once worked a 13 hour shift without even getting a minute to sit down. My employment ended with me passing out during a shift, and then being laughed at the next day for asking for the day off. They promised me a promotion to server more times that I can count and when I finally told them it was either move me up or I quit, I got laughed at by their jerk of a GM. AVOID THIS PLACE
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at P.F. Changs China Bistro. Our community is ready to answer.