PACE is a specialized civil engineering firm focusing on advanced water resource services with unique research and development capabilities through our onsite water quality and piloting laboratories. We offer a wide range of engineering services related to water, wastewater, stormwater management and water resource planning and regulatory compliance to ensure projects are both economically viable and environmentally sustainable. Our engineering approach focuses on maximizing value applying state-of-the art analytical tools and designing water infrastructure systems that include environmental, aesthetic and recreation uses. PACE staff members include licensed professional engineers with PhDs, university instructors and policy-makers in the water resource arena.
We invite you to learn more about PACE by visiting our website: pacewater.com.
PACE is a dynamic and fast-paced advanced water engineering firm seeking a CAD designer to support various engineering drafting needs. Applicants shall possess a minimum of 3-5 years experience in civil AutoCAD design field. Candidates should be certified in AutoCAD use or possess equivalent experience. A good understanding of hydraulic, hydrologic, grading, mechanical, structural and/or other pertinent areas of civil engineering concepts as well as the standard US codes and standards that are in effect regarding those disciplines is desired. Our projects include a wide variety of engineering including water treatment and wastewater treatment facilities, pumping facilities, water storage / conveyance, and land development projects including grading and drainage system designs. Experience in these areas is preferred. Applicants should be organized and be able to keep track of numerous project files through the various phases of design.
CAD Design Functions will include:
1. Make revisions to project drawings marked up by client and/or Engineer.
2. Create and manage electronic document file structure, naming convention in accordance with company standards.
3. Work closely with Project Managers and Engineers to set-up and manage contract and construction drawings.
4. Communicate with outside agencies and clients in exchanging data and manage that data in accordance with guidelines set.
5. Create and/or modify base drawings, which may be used in a variety of presentation documents.
6. Can be relied on as productive team member and AutoCAD user to work a typical set of project documents from beginning to end with professional quality output that conforms to company standards.
7. Must be able to work on multiple projects at the same time.
8. Follow CAD standards.
Candidate resumes will be evaluated relative to experience and knowledge of all areas of water resources, general civil and land development. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and capabilities.
- Should be certified in advanced areas of AutoCAD use or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience predominantly in water/wastewater and/or land development engineering
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be receptive and adaptive to change.
- AutoCAD 2011 required, AutoCAD MEP and Civil 3D a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; color vision is very helpful. Occasional field work may be required and includes walking through uneven, rugged terrain, requiring good balance, ability to walk moderate to long distances, and good general vision and depth of field vision.
The noise level in the office work environment is moderate. May be required to work in external environment in all weather conditions.
Competitive Salary commensurate with experience and capabilities
PACE is an equal opportunity employer.
At this time, PACE will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
Local candidates are preferred and no relocation package is offered.
If interested, please respond to this posting by submitting your resume with salary history or salary requirements.
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE.