POSITION TITLE: School Nurse Specialist (RN)
DEPARTMENT/PROGRAM: Head Start
REPORTS TO: Project Director
LOCATION: 1055 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1050, LA, CA 90017
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Non-Exempt
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement the health services program which includes a broad range of medical, dental and development examinations, referrals and follow-ups for each Head Start Child in the program.
- Conducts in-service training for parents and teachers.
- Links child’s family to community health care system to ensure that the child will continue to receive on-going health care.
- Work closely with Family Development Advocates to follow-up on health tracking
- Review medical history files and maintain updated records
- Attend community events and meetings to represent agency and advocate for agency needs.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing, BSN preferred
- Current and valid CA license as Registered Nurse, PNP preferred.
- One year of nursing experience in community health plus nursing administration and supervision. Pediatric or health education preferred.
- Must have verification of T.B. clearance and physical exam at the time of employment issued within six (6) months prior to employment.
- Must have use of an automobile with adequate insurance coverage.
- Must have a valid CA Driver’s License.
Must meet State health requirements, including passing a pre-employment physical examination at the time of employment, and must have verification of T.B. clearance at time of employment (issued within six (6) months prior to employment) to be renewed every year.
Must have the use of an automobile, a valid California driver’s license and adequate automobile insurance, or have available private transportation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
PACE is a private not-for-profit corporation that provides employment, small business assistance, and education, housing and other community services in the Los Angeles City and County areas.
PACE is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. PACE does not discriminate on the basis of disability and, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities.