The Fluid Power Specialist is responsible to plan, implement, and execute target fluid power marketing programs. This responsibility includes the support of sales professional in the USA, selling hydraulic, pneumatic, filtration, hose, lubrication and other miscellaneous fluid power products.
As the Fluid Power Specialist, you are the primary subject matter expert of our organization; you must convey a sense of expertise in our product, as you serve as a key educator to business accounts and sales professionals. It is important that you maintain a friendly 'Service' oriented philosophy with co-workers, other departments, suppliers and customers.
You are a member of the Field Training Team and you are accountable for inventory and fill rate goals and margin requirements. The strategic marketing activities of the team will be designed to achieve the revenue goals of the company.
Because you will be in contact with current and prospective suppliers and customers and you are in a key position to influence their satisfaction and our company prosperity, this position requires tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
- Minimum Associates Degree. Bachelor’s Degree preferred and/or 8-10 years’ experience in industrial application of fluid power products. Professional Certification a plus.
- Experience in material management, product management, application engineering or design engineering or related field.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and good math skills.
- Strong persuasive and interpersonal skills and a sales aptitude.
- Ability to development and maintain good supplier relationships.
- Must be a self-starter and a problem solver.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization. *
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Make fluid power presentations to internal associates and customers. May conduct meetings with sales personnel and introduce new products.
2. Develop and conduct training for both internal associates and customers including both product and application. Maintain and update curriculum as necessary.
3. Make joint sales calls with field sales staff. To accomplish this you will travel within your territory with the expectation of travel in excess of 50%.
4. Responsible for the development of their area through coaching, teaching, motivating, and servicing the sales force while helping them grow their sales of Fluid Power products with their direct customers.
5. Buy product or commodities for resale to customers at the wholesale or retail level, including both durable and nondurable goods. Negotiate product prices, discount terms, freight, co-op, rebates, etc...
6. Analyze and monitor sales records, trends and economic conditions to anticipate customer buying patterns and determine what the company will sell and how much inventory is needed.
7. Interview and work closely with suppliers to develop new products.
8. Set or recommend market competitive prices for product by conducting opportunity analysis including competitive overview with geographic marketplace.
9. Confer with sales to obtain information about customer needs and preferences.
10. Resolve issues with non-conforming product in a timely manner.
11. Manage commodities to the assigned department goals for which you buy. Including but not limited to fill rates, inventory goals, developing new products, obsolete inventory.
12. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing trade publications, establishing networks, and/or participating in professional associations.
13. Active involvement in continuous improvement of processes directed toward reducing costs, improving cycle time, increasing sales/gross profit and customer satisfaction.
14. Implement the fluid power marketing plan to grow fluid power sales within the assigned territory.
15. Coordinate fluid power initiatives with various service centers, sales professionals and district managers.
- Variable work environment: Work is conducted both indoors and out with varying environmental conditions.
- Several hours per day may be spent operating a motor vehicle. Air travel is also required.
- Appearance at all times must represent the company image.
- Office may have fluorescent lighting and air conditioning.
- Noise level is usually moderate to loud.
- May be exposed to chemical fumes and airborne particles such as dust and exhaust fumes.
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Exposure to the environments of customer facilities
- Fast-paced environment: subject to numerous schedule and priority changes and short notice activity.
Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response to the needs of the business.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. You will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by your supervisor.