2014 - Our 5th location opens in Tysons Corner, VA, & our 6th in Gaithersburg, MD!
US: Paladar is a fresh, colorful and fun Latin American restaurant concept with four locations in multiple states, with a fifth & sixth opening in 2014 in the Mid Atlantic. These openings create new opportunities in all of our locations. We’re best known for our freshly prepared guacamole, hand-muddled Mojitos, slow roasted and grilled meats and fresh seafood.
YOU: We’re looking for an experienced (2-5 years), full service, casual/fine dining Back of House Manager/Sous Chef from a high volume corporate or independent operation. Experience with primarily made from scratch menus is critical. This individual must have past success overseeing a team and managing costs.
WE MAY BE RIGHT FOR EACH OTHER IF YOU:
- Have a true passion for building relationships with your guests and employees
- See every guest complaint or special request as an opportunity to build a lifelong guest
- Demonstrate a hands on, lead by example, servant leadership management style
- Want to be a partner in a company that is growing and evolving daily (we never claim to have it all figured out, that’s why we need more talented people like you!)
- Understand that there is freedom in the discipline of following systems and checklists, but you have the ability to use your entrepreneurial spirit to make new paths when there are not set guidelines in place
- Have a solid grasp of fundamental restaurant practices including generally accepted standards of quality control, scheduling and organizational systems and safety & sanitation
- Exhibit enthusiasm to learn the business components of restaurants including food and labor costs, profit & loss statements, systems and checklists, and all other elements important for maintaining profitability and consistency
- Love the soul of Latin American cuisine (especially guacamole!)
THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
- Effectively leading shifts with positive energy and clear direction to deliver hot food hot and cold food in a timely manner
- Maintain a professional, yet personal relationship with customers so as to create an inviting atmosphere where they take personal ownership in the well-being of our business and its employees.
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Maintain a professional work environment where each and every member of the staff is completely comfortable and safe.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, profits, service, quality, consistency, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
YOU’RE WELL-VERSED WHEN IT COMES TO:
- Restaurant Systems: Aloha, Compeat, Scheduling programs, etc.
- Basic Computer Literacy: Email, Mircosoft Office Programs
- Reading Financial Statements
- Opportunities to move up with a young, growing company
- Involvement with ownership to influence decisions
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Competitive salary based on experience and growth potential
- Vacation and sick time
- Flexible schedules
Reports to: Executive Chef
Supervises: BOH Hourly Team
Job status: Full-time, exempt
Education: College degree or culinary training preferred, but not required