The Instructional Assistant assists in the development and delivery of the field school curriculum. Field school located on Kelleys Island, OH and runs mid-March - June. Room and board provided.
1. Assist in leading students through daily field experiences. Knowledge of
general environmental studies, geology, limnology, entomology, native plants, basic
astronomy, water studies, and/or natural history is helpful.
2. Assist students and teacher with technology in a Mac/Apple environment
3. Keep updated supply inventory
4. Assure students are properly supervised at all times.
5. Relate to youth and adults in a positive manner.
6. Be aware of and uphold safety guidelines.
7. Actively participate in all program areas as assigned
8. Be aware of equipment and facilities to ensure utilization, proper care, and
maintenance protocols are adhered to; report repairs/issues promptly to field
9. Set a good example to students and others in regard to general field school
procedures and practices including cleanliness, timeliness, and attitude
10. Ensure clear communication channels among staff and students.
Qualifications: (Minimum Education and Experience)
-Must be at least 21 years of age
-Must have a current drivers license
-Must be able to pass background check
-Must have some previous experience working with youth in traditional or non- traditional settings
-Preference will be given to those with certification in First Aid/CPR
-Bachelors degree in Education, Environmental Studies, Recreation or related field