International Exchange Student Coordinator
PAX - Program of Academic Exchange
Job Industry: Education
Job Title: Community Coordinator
Job Type: Part-time
Hourly Wage: Commission based
Location: Lubbock, Texas-and surrounding towns/areas in Northern Texas
PAX - Program of Academic Exchange is a non-profit educational organization whose mission is to increase mutual respect among the people of the world, to foster an appreciation of our differences and similarities, and to enhance our ability to communicate with one another. PAX believes that this mission is served by providing young people with the opportunity to study abroad and live with a host family for an extended period of time.
We are currently hiring for the position of community coordinator.
Job responsibilities include:
- Arranging semester and academic year home stays and high school enrollment for exchange students.
- Generating interest in the local community, working with families interested in hosting.
- Providing orientation for both families and students.
- Guiding young, international visitors through personal and cultural adjustment.
- Providing your community and the young people they host positive, life changing exposure to new cultures.
- Participating in the annual PAX national meeting, held each year at a distinctive, attractive location.
- Enjoy working with teens and serving their communities.
- Are optimistic, motivated, flexible self-starters.
- Bring experience from the education sector.
- Possess excellent communication and sales skills.
- Bring an internationally-minded perspective to what they do.
Additional information and compensation:
The position boasts part-time, flexible scheduling, modest compensation on a commission basis, annual international travel perks, and is managed from home. Many coordinators approach the position as a meaningful community service project with benefits, a second job, or an opportunity to pursue their interests and passions while making a contribution to their community.
To learn more about the PAX Community Coordinator position, visit our website at http://pax.org/home_coordinators.php.
Interested? If the position is a good fit for you, please take a moment to complete our online application. (Please note: In order for a candidate to be considered, the online application must be submitted via the link above.)