The Pre-Analytical DE/A Technician is responsible for general support functions within the technical and clinical laboratory.
- Exceptional data entry skills, good organizational skills, an understanding of specimen types related to tests ordered. Clinical department requirements in regards to specimen types and quantity needed for each test, specimen handling and delivery.
- A precise understanding of compliance regulations related to test ordering which may change on a daily basis.
- Flexibility and a willingness to adapt to change and pursuit of continuous improvement commitment to carrying out routine position responsibilities.
- A willingness to actively contribute to a team based working environment.
- Ability and willingness to support the goals of the department with regards to staffing needs on possible late nights, weekends, holidays, on call and overtime tasks.
- Responsibilities must be performed with confidence, accuracy and in a timely manner.
Performance task proficiency includes but is not limited to the following manual functions:
A- Sorting- Racking- Pickup and Delivery of specimens to the laboratory
B- Specimen Storage
- Demonstrates an ability to learn the job duties assigned to the Pre-Analytical DE/A, and develops an understanding of how all the functions in Tech Ops and Specimen Processing work together and how they impact Technical departments and result quality.
- Identifies problems with specimen types, missing information, etc., with regard to sorting, racking, centrifuging, delivery, and storage of specimens; is able to resolve or forward information in support of timely problem resolution.
- Demonstrates an understanding of compliance policies related to test ordering, which requires developing ability to research test order information on translation tables, computer system, and the directory of services.
- Meets quality and production standards within 6 months of completing training.
- Completes all required written documentation such that it is understandable to others, legible and within the assigned time frame.
- Reports to work on time, and follows attendance guidelines; supports the department’s performance in the event of co-worker absences.
- Learns additional functions within Tech Ops and Specimen Processing to allow timely progression to the next level.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Handles multiple tasks simultaneously and works in a production environment.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff both verbally and written.
- Maintains composure while working under pressure.
- Reflects good judgment at all times when determining what action to take in resolving problems.
- Adheres to PB Laboratories Core Values, safety, compliance and work process policies & procedures.
- Works in a biohazard environment, in compliance with all applicable safety requirements.
- Keeps work area neat and clean.
- Able to sit, stand or walk for long periods; able to maneuver large carts and/or racks with specimens.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills that foster a positive working environment.
- Demonstrates work assignment flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
- Must have some flexibility with regard to work schedule.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Medical background preferred which includes medical terminology applicable to clinical laboratories
- Previous experience in a production environment preferred
- Prefer familiarity with mainframe computer operating system
References will be requested
Compensation will be commensurate of experience
Indeed - 10 months ago