PC Mall

PC Mall Employer Reviews

Major distributor of electronic hardware & software, electronic devices & appliances.
Network Administrator / Support (Former Employee), Torrance, CAApril 15, 2014
Extremely fast paced work place with about eight team members in network department & few others in programing.
Productive with produce output but miserable with people mangement
Configuration Technician - Temp (Former Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: a larger base of products to configure such as servers, router, etc....
Cons: may take a very long time too configure different products for advancement, regardless of skill level, entering into the company, due to micro-management style.
A typical day on this day could go from very busy too little to do. I learned that advancement with learning other technologies is slow due to management. Management in the configure department is preformed with a micro-management style which is better for the product than people management. Everyone works together to get the job done. The hardest part of the job is getting all the asset tags straight with bulk products. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to study with down time.
Sharks
Corporate Account Executive (Former Employee), Torrance, CAMarch 14, 2013
This was great opportunity for basic training in a larger corporate environment. management was strong. Requirements were high. Ethics were low. Ultimately the call center was outsourced overseas at further attempts to reduce costs.
Not bad for starters
Account Consultant/Executive (Former Employee), chicagoMarch 3, 2013
Pros: pros:it was quite a nice experience working at pcm fresh out of colleg, . it gave me various perspectives on real working situations at the office.
Cons: cons: micro managing on the part of the managers and supervisors
This company Left much to be desired!!

Good for fresh-out-of-college graduates.
its a relaxed job
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: lunch is one hour
Cons: health care is expensive
recieveing in coming product.i have learned more about computers.managers are helpfull when needed.co workers are ok mostly work alone.the hardest part is getting organized with the poeple i work that is why i work mostly on my own.the job is overall a fun job.
Work very hard with no traning
Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 7, 2012
Pros: some free food
Cons: i wshed i could have told the the manager what he was doing wrong.
I finished the contact, it was hard/stressful/unorganized however when the contact was ask over I got into the manager’s office and he told only me after ever one else left that if the he would hire fulltime but sadly he was let go a week later.
A good place to work
Technical Support (Former Employee), Torrance, CaNovember 11, 2012
Pros: good environment
Cons: pay
I enjoyed everything about this place
Great Environment
Great place to upgrade skills
Fun Co-Workers
Exceptional executive vision for the company.
Director of Operations (Current Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 19, 2012
Pros: flexible work hours, flexible work location, company embraces change
Cons: many corporate initiatives open at the same, can be a cause of lack of proper roadmaps within the organization
Working in PC Mall has exposed me to being the best senior manager that I can be. I have enjoyed working in PC Mall as the management team is wonderful as are the employees themselves. Hard working, innovative, and creative people working in a fast pace changing environment. New learning opportunities and the people I work with have made it an enjoyable environment. I feel challenged in this role.
Nice company
Temporary Assistant (Former Employee), Torrance, CAJune 1, 2012
Pros: nice employees.
Cons: boring job.
I only had one task and that was to stuff envelopes.
Very nice employees.