PC Mall Employee Reviews in United States

poorly managed team
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 21, 2016
Great work for students that are looking for a flexible job. The management team was terrible especially the manager. The manager couldn't communicate, teach and has little knowledge of any work related issues.
workplace
Inventory/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 18, 2016
paid rate was not up to resent standard, lack of work, and cut hours on regular basis. I did not like the job. No response to harassment, and or any issues pertain to work was ignored.
Pros
no acknowledgment of employee performance
Numbers Numbers Numbers
SALES MANAGER / SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 5, 2016
This is a highly aggressive company and as of late has gone with numbers over quality of their employees. The upper management is all over the place and feels somewhat disconnected with all the different sub-companies in the Corporate Structure.
A great place to work
Customer Service/Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 24, 2014
PC Mall is more of a customer service workplace. I enjoyed working there because I am a people person and I spent majority of my time work with and meeting new people.
Major distributor of electronic hardware & software, electronic devices & appliances.
Network Administrator / Support (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 15, 2014
Extremely fast paced work place with about eight team members in network department & few others in programing.
Productive with produce output but miserable with people mangement
Configuration Technician - Temp (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 17, 2014
A typical day on this day could go from very busy too little to do. I learned that advancement with learning other technologies is slow due to management. Management in the configure department is preformed with a micro-management style which is better for the product than people management. Everyone works together to get the job done. The hardest part of the job is getting all the asset tags straight with bulk products. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to study with down time.
Pros
a larger base of products to configure such as servers, router, etc....
Cons
may take a very long time too configure different products for advancement, regardless of skill level, entering into the company, due to micro-management style.
Sharks
Corporate Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 14, 2013
This was great opportunity for basic training in a larger corporate environment. management was strong. Requirements were high. Ethics were low. Ultimately the call center was outsourced overseas at further attempts to reduce costs.
Not bad for starters
Account Consultant/Executive (Former Employee) –  chicagoMarch 3, 2013
This company Left much to be desired!!

Good for fresh-out-of-college graduates.
Pros
pros:it was quite a nice experience working at pcm fresh out of colleg, . it gave me various perspectives on real working situations at the office.
Cons
cons: micro managing on the part of the managers and supervisors
its a relaxed job
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 25, 2013
recieveing in coming product.i have learned more about computers.managers are helpfull when needed.co workers are ok mostly work alone.the hardest part is getting organized with the poeple i work that is why i work mostly on my own.the job is overall a fun job.
Pros
lunch is one hour
Cons
health care is expensive
Work very hard with no traning
Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 7, 2012
I finished the contact, it was hard/stressful/unorganized however when the contact was ask over I got into the manager’s office and he told only me after ever one else left that if the he would hire fulltime but sadly he was let go a week later.
Pros
some free food
Cons
i wshed i could have told the the manager what he was doing wrong.
A good place to work
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CaNovember 11, 2012
I enjoyed everything about this place
Great Environment
Great place to upgrade skills
Fun Co-Workers
Pros
good environment
Cons
pay
Exceptional executive vision for the company.
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 19, 2012
Working in PC Mall has exposed me to being the best senior manager that I can be. I have enjoyed working in PC Mall as the management team is wonderful as are the employees themselves. Hard working, innovative, and creative people working in a fast pace changing environment. New learning opportunities and the people I work with have made it an enjoyable environment. I feel challenged in this role.
Pros
flexible work hours, flexible work location, company embraces change
Cons
many corporate initiatives open at the same, can be a cause of lack of proper roadmaps within the organization
Nice company
Temporary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 1, 2012
I only had one task and that was to stuff envelopes.
Very nice employees.
Pros
nice employees.
Cons
boring job.